thor vs greenlantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
whose weapon would you rather have ? thors hammer or greenlanterns superbowl ring ? i go for mjorlnir

Grimm22
Hmm, mjolnir is awesome, but I would go for the GL ring.

batdude123
GL ring easily.

diabloman
thors hammer can break GLs shield for sure

Soleran
Originally posted by batdude123
GL ring easily. yes unless i was a carpenter

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soleran
yes unless i was a carpenter

laughing

Wow that would be just badass

Soleran
I also think that if you use Thor's hammer you are required to talk like an idiot as well, I don't need help with that as it stands. I'd rather have the ring.......................

batdude123
Originally posted by diabloman
thors hammer can break GLs shield for sure

no The GL ring's power is infinite just as long as your will is strong. Hal maintained a bubble even through a supernova. Plus, you can use the ring to create whatever the hell you wanted. I'm not gonna be using lightning or a god blast for anything anytime soon. big grin

diabloman
no The GL ring's power is infinite just as long as your will is strong. Hal maintained a bubble even through a supernova. Plus, you can use the ring to create whatever the hell you wanted. I'm not gonna be using lightning or a god blast for anything anytime soon. big grin thors lightning would kill lanterns green ass

Grimm22
I also think that if you use Thor's hammer you are required to talk like an idiot as well, I don't need help with that as it stands. I'd rather have the ring.......................

Well that depends on what you think an idiot talks like

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/whatif-luke.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by diabloman
thors lightning would kill lanterns green ass

Wow, so sad. no

Mider
i think supernova>thors lightning in fact everything GL can do with that ring>thor

diabloman
Wow, so sad. no i know its sad. i would cry when i go the funeral. bawling

Psyquis52
I have really pathetic willpower. I always give in to peer pressure.
I'm going with the hammer. That way when the next guy comes up to me and says, "Hey buddy, do you want to help me kidnap the mayor's daughter?" I can just destroy him. I think it's fair.

BTW kidnapping the Mayor's daughter is a suck idea.

DigiMark007
You're all forgetting the mild retcon in GL: Rebirth. It hurts when they use the ring....drains them rather. Mjolnir, used correctly can absorb nearly all kinds of energy, allow you to fly, control the weather, do some other magical stuff and just generally kick ass.

GL's ring, while potentially more powerful and more diverse, would be more exhausting to use on a regular basis. It would take more discipline than a lot of us have.

I'd say it's pretty close. I'd probably go for the ring too, but I have a feeling I'd end up liking the hammer better if I used them both for a while.

diabloman
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I have really pathetic willpower. I always give in to peer pressure.
I'm going with the hammer. That way when the next guy comes up to me and says, "Hey buddy, do you want to help me kidnap the mayor's daughter?" I can just destroy him. I think it's fair.

BTW kidnapping the Mayor's daughter is a suck idea. i dont think u want the mayors daughter in this city. unless you got a double kingsize bed from mattress giant. big grin

Brutacus
I would go for the hammer, don't know iff it's more powerfull, but it's a better tool to break nuts.

Soleran
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You're all forgetting the mild retcon in GL: Rebirth. It hurts when they use the ring....drains them rather. Mjolnir, used correctly can absorb nearly all kinds of energy, allow you to fly, control the weather, do some other magical stuff and just generally kick ass.

GL's ring, while potentially more powerful and more diverse, would be more exhausting to use on a regular basis. It would take more discipline than a lot of us have.

I'd say it's pretty close. I'd probably go for the ring too, but I have a feeling I'd end up liking the hammer better if I used them both for a while.

Probably but in this world of no super hero's I wouldn't be to oncerned with people opposing me. The hammer just looks silly.................

batdude123
Originally posted by Brutacus
I would go for the hammer, don't know iff it's more powerfull, but it's a better tool to break nuts.

pinch sick

diabloman
Probably but in this world of no super hero's I wouldn't be to oncerned with people opposing me. The hammer just looks silly................. i dont care if it looks like a wet diaper i would rather have that than the ring

diabloman
Originally posted by Brutacus
I would go for the hammer, don't know iff it's more powerfull, but it's a better tool to break nuts. break nuts ? you m or f ?

Brutacus
I'm a M, euh I guess I made a spelling error??? I ment those things you can eat.

blink

Forgive me I'm dislectic, a dislectic dutch guy who tries to typ english.

disney 1
yeah well while the hammer is powerful GL's ring used properly can withstand anything

DigiMark007
Does Mjolnir let you survive in space?? If not, definitely GL ring. Because I'd definitely be out of the solar system within a week looking for a worthy foe to vanquish.

the Darkone
With the hammer you Thor powers, The hammer is one of the most powerful weapons in all of comics, hands down. Thor's hammer absorbed the energy of a null bomb that was capable of destroying an entire Universe and turn it into Cosmic energy and Re-Ignite a Dead Sun(a Galaxymay contain 200 billions to 400 billions solar systems-depending on their relative size.) Avengers#171

Tassadar
I go for the ring if I had to remain a normal person, its much more concealable
If I had to be a Superhero I would rather have the hammer though, less weaknesses

snoopdogg
I'd take the ring if I was a normal person or even a hero. The rings only limit is will-power and trust me I have alot of that.

The ring has way more abilities.

the Darkone
To me these are the most powerful weapon in comics:

1. Mjolnir/Storm Breaker/ GL-Rings/ Quntum-Bands/ Nega-Bands

the Darkone
Tha hammer can change shape, hello jake olson didn't carry the hammer with him 24/7, if had to turn into Thor only thing he had to do was hhit the ground with his fists, samething with donald blake the hammer was his cane. The hammer heals you, lets you see into other diminison, grants Thor abilities which includes godlike beauty. Man you will be get girls left and right, hell I rather have alone for that, but on the real I would take the hammer more eaw power all to it feeds off of will power also but in a different way.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by the Darkone
Tha hammer can change shape, hello jake olson didn't carry the hammer with him 24/7, if had to turn into Thor only thing he had to do was hhit the ground with his fists, samething with donald blake the hammer was his cane. The hammer heals you, lets you see into other diminison, grants Thor abilities which includes godlike beauty. Man you will be get girls left and right, hell I rather have alone for that, but on the real I would take the hammer more eaw power all to it feeds off of will power also but in a different way. The ring can do anything you just mentioned.

Sh!t why pick up chicks when you can make them.

the Darkone
Sorry I rather have the real thing, like *cough* Jessica *Cough*Alba

snoopdogg
Originally posted by the Darkone
Sorry I rather have the real thing, like *cough* Jessica *Cough*Alba Like you would get her.

Anyways the ring can do more things than the hammer can. Plus the rings themselves are sentinent and can translate languages etc. and can answer pretty much any question you can ask.

The hammer can muster up a storm, absorb energy, blow sh!t up. To me that's all basic stuff.

jrodslam
The hammer may give you god-like beauty, but it still doesnt mean youd get the girl. The power-ring on the other hand can mind control.big grin

superman41082
There's only one Mjolner for one person. There's lots of GL rings, and anyone can use one. I'd take the ring for sure. Thor would obviously want his hammer back at some point.

diabloman
Originally posted by superman41082
There's only one Mjolner for one person. There's lots of GL rings, and anyone can use one. I'd take the ring for sure. Thor would obviously want his hammer back at some point. if theres only one mjolnir then id rather take it cause its worth more if theres just one.

Swanky-Tuna
Think if you had the hammer and learned to use Thor's powers on a matter manipulating level. Plus you have the cool viking hat and mallet. Can I keep these?

diabloman
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Think if you had the hammer and learned to use Thor's powers on a matter manipulating level. Plus you have the cool viking hat and mallet. Can I keep these? youl have to pay taxes every month to have them/ big grin

Mider
the GL ring is stronger i dont think thors hammer has done anything close to what the ring has and at a high level of will power one gl almost defeated parallax one on one A NORMAL GL

Dayscribe
I saw Thor's hammer recharge a dead sun. Also, a GL ring depends on the wearer. In Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan's hands, it's amazing. With others it can suck.

Validus
The ring mainly because it's inconspicuous. Something about walking around with a big hammer screams over compensation.

Big Sexy
I got both beat, I would take the cytorrak gem.

Validus
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I got both beat, I would take the cytorrak gem.
The amazing power to keep walking forward?

Big Sexy
well yeah, I really dont need all that comes with being a green lantern and i don't want to carry a damn mallet everywhere i go. I'd probably become a boxer. laughing

mighty adam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Like you would get her.

Anyways the ring can do more things than the hammer can. Plus the rings themselves are sentinent and can translate languages etc. and can answer pretty much any question you can ask.

The hammer can muster up a storm, absorb energy, blow sh!t up. To me that's all basic stuff. the hammer will help me kill supes. the ring won't YEA THE HAMMER IS BETTER big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.