Savage Hulk Vs X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimrod009
So these X-Men are ordered to go take down a Savage Hulk rampaging through NYC -

Storm
Rogue
Wolverine
Cyclops
Beast
Gambit
Cannonball
Jubilee

Can they bring him down?

AJ4LIFE
no

TheKahn
Can they? I would say yes, conditionally. The caveat is that they use their powerset creatively and do not attempt to fight the Hulk h2h. For example Storm could generate tornado or hurricane force wind (with Cyke or Gambit destroying anything the Hulk may try to hold on to) to either eject the Hulk into space or out to sea. Either way the Hulk wouldn't be able to return to the battle field. The X-men have a chance to win but they have to fight very intelligently.

badabing
Yeah, BFR is their best chance.

endgame
Hum... can rogue absorb Hulks power? This would definitly be a neat fight to see.

Dinalfos
They probably can, but not all the time. The potential is there, I guess.

Then again, the rapidly weakening Bannerless Hulk singlehandedly pwned a much larger and more powerful group of superheroes(Avengers), including Hercules, Vision, Wonderman and Capt. Marvel. So.....

Thanos_6383
Savage Hulk 7/10

nimrod009
Originally posted by Dinalfos
They probably can, but not all the time. The potential is there, I guess.

Then again, the rapidly weakening Bannerless Hulk singlehandedly pwned a much larger and more powerful group of superheroes(Avengers), including Hercules, Vision, Wonderman and Capt. Marvel. So.....

Yep, good call. That's what I based this thread on.

I think individually a savage hulk could take any of these X-Men out with ease, but as a team maybe they have a chance, but not much.

As cavalry, the X-Men have Collossus to call upon. How does it go now?

TheKahn
Originally posted by nimrod009
Yep, good call. That's what I based this thread on.

I think individually a savage hulk could take any of these X-Men out with ease, but as a team maybe they have a chance, but not much.

As cavalry, the X-Men have Collossus to call upon. How does it go now?

I don't think Colossus would change anything. Added strength and durability wouldn't really help the X-men as going h2h with the Hulk really isn't an option if they want to live. Their only chance to win, imo, is in their versatility.

leonidas
storm has ko'd hulk with lightning before after he was smashing the crap out of her and cable. they could do it. they're a good enough team.

besides, if that fails, everyone just gets out of the way and wolvie takes him 1on1 . . .? shifty

Psyquis52
Originally posted by leonidas
storm has ko'd hulk with lightning before after he was smashing the crap out of her and cable. they could do it. they're a good enough team.

besides, if that fails, everyone just gets out of the way and wolvie takes him 1on1 . . .? shifty

I have that comic book and it didn't exactly work that way.
You might need to read it again.

leonidas
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I have that comic book and it didn't exactly work that way.
You might need to read it again.

really? what didn't work. cable made some show of controlling the bolt or something -- which seems kinda silly cuz storm has shown that level of control before . . . so, what'd i miss . . .?

thor has also ko'd hulk with lightning.

Grimm22
Originally posted by endgame
Hum... can rogue absorb Hulks power? This would definitly be a neat fight to see.

Well she did absorb the things power once so I wouldnt be suprised.

snoopdogg
What is the difference between Savage and Mindless Hulk?

Mindless Hulk was owning the Avengers a while back.

Grimm22
So these X-Men are ordered to go take down a Savage Hulk rampaging through NYC -

Storm
Rogue
Wolverine
Cyclops
Beast
Gambit
Cannonball
Jubilee

Can they bring him down?

Why are Jubilee and Beast there for the X-Men.

Seriously against the Hulk, neither of them stand a chance.

Psyquis52
really? what didn't work. cable made some show of controlling the bolt or something -- which seems kinda silly cuz storm has shown that level of control before . . . so, what'd i miss . . .?

thor has also ko'd hulk with lightning.

Actually you did just mention it. Cable psi-blasted him at the same time. Cable has always had the ability but he can't use it because his techno-virus will spread. He focuses all of his psychic powers to keeping the techno-virus at bay. Cable is pretty old I'm certain he's done it before I just couldn't tell you when. If you look in that book when Cable goes into Hulk's mind the virus starts to spread. Still Storm is a force to be reckoned with. Even Hulk has problems with her.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What is the difference between Savage and Mindless Hulk?

Mindless Hulk was owning the Avengers a while back.

Mindless Hulk is less intelligent, far more agressive and looks more bestial. That's about it. They also say that his strength level is limited by his single mindedness.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Grimm22
Why are Jubilee and Beast there for the X-Men.

Seriously against the Hulk, neither of them stand a chance.

No they wouldn't but discount their usefulness in this fight offhand. The fight takes place in New York City which gives Beast a good deal of potential resources to call upon to either help set up some kind of trap or to use in some offensive manner. Jubilee wouldn't be quite as helpful but I think numbers are a definite advantage for the X-Men. She could either aid Beast or used to distract the Hulk (staying a safe distance away of course).

snoopdogg
Mindless Hulk is less intelligent, far more agressive and looks more bestial. That's about it. They also say that his strength level is limited by his single mindedness. So is Savage considered stronger?

leonidas
Mindless Hulk is less intelligent, far more agressive and looks more bestial. That's about it. They also say that his strength level is limited by his single mindedness.

that's actually incorrect. the hulk that owned the avengers DID continue to get stronger throughout. the ONLY reason the avengers won that fight was because hulk was dying due to his seperation from banner. banner was likewise dying.

and about cable -- i was pretty sure all he did was DIRECT her lightning. he didn't add to it, did he? damn, guess you're right -- i'd need to look at it again . . . embarrasment

anyway, as i said, thor ko'd him with lightning. they should be able to stop him the majority, imo.

leonidas
oh, and snoop, i'm not sure about the strength difference, but mindless would SEEM to be the stronger. recall he had . . . whoever (jean??) totally suppress banner when he went after onslaught. in savage, banner is still present . . .

snoopdogg
oh, and snoop, i'm not sure about the strength difference, but mindless would SEEM to be the stronger. recall he had . . . whoever (jean??) totally suppress banner when he went after onslaught. in savage, banner is still present . . . Kahn gave me a web-site that helped sort this out.

It seems Savage Hulk and Mindless Hulk were pretty close. Actually I would be more worried to fight Professor Hulk cause of the intellect.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/incarnations.html

Dinalfos
that's actually incorrect. the hulk that owned the avengers DID continue to get stronger throughout. the ONLY reason the avengers won that fight was because hulk was dying due to his seperation from banner. banner was likewise dying.

and about cable -- i was pretty sure all he did was DIRECT her lightning. he didn't add to it, did he? damn, guess you're right -- i'd need to look at it again . . . embarrasment

anyway, as i said, thor ko'd him with lightning. they should be able to stop him the majority, imo.

No, that was nutrient bath Hulk a.k.a Bannerless Hulk . He's mindless too, probably even more so. But he's not the official Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk came to life when Banner committed psychological suicide. The Hulk went berserk, ***** slapped the Avengers and got sent to the Crossroads.

sbo
Originally posted by endgame

Rogue absorbed hulk on a couple of occasions. Once completely and another time she absorbed him partially in a What if story.

The time she absorbed him completely , hulk was relatively calm and she ko'd him.
In the other encounter they pounded on each other until Hulk was in total rampage mode. She went for the power stealing move but she couldn't quite drain enough power to ko him. The fight pretty much went downhill for her after that.

I think if the x-men played their cards right they could stop him. Storm tosses him out to sea long enough for him to calm down during his swim back to shore, and then Rogue can drain off his power.

Accel
*cough* thunderclap *cough*

Accel

That statement kind of contradicts itself- saying that the Hulk was getting stronger and dying at the same time.

Samson says here that the Hulk was getting weaker, way before the battled ended.
http://img115.echo.cx/img115/8563/avengersih322d5oz.jpg

diabloman

Storm
Rogue
Wolverine
Cyclops
Beast
Gambit
Cannonball
Jubilee

Can they bring him down? leave out jubilee and yes the xmen can take on hulk. the chineese brat just gets in the way of there battles.

sbo
Originally posted by Accel
*cough* thunderclap *cough*

A thunderclap isn't going to win it in this case.

They know what hulk's capable of and can keep out of range long enough for storm to hit hulk w/ something. I'm sure Rogue could take a thunderclap and keep fighting anyway.

Dinalfos
You are underestimating the thunderclap.

sbo
the thunderclap isn't insurmountable. It's definitely not enough to ensure a victory for hulk.

Dinalfos
No, but it's valuable move if you want to keep a distance. Besides, none of the X-men have the speed to stop the Hulk from thunderclapping, as ik would take only a second to perform one.

Accel
Originally posted by sbo
A thunderclap isn't going to win it in this case.

They know what hulk's capable of and can keep out of range long enough for storm to hit hulk w/ something. I'm sure Rogue could take a thunderclap and keep fighting anyway.
Hulk's thunderclaps have been stated to be even more powerful than the biggest hurricanes. One would certainly take out (either by K.O. or BFR) Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, and Jubilee.

leonidas
No, that was nutrient bath Hulk a.k.a Bannerless Hulk . He's mindless too, probably even more so. But he's not the official Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk came to life when Banner committed psychological suicide. The Hulk went berserk, ***** slapped the Avengers and got sent to the Crossroads.

ah yes, the hulk of #300 fame (#299 i suppose . . .). but THAT mindless, was stalemated by thor. (cool when thor hit that adamantium statue with his hammer!) the other bannerless/mindless totalled the avengers.

and accl -- it doesn't contradict itself at all. the hulk that pounded the avengers DID start weakening after a while, due to the seperation. they were able to injure him towards the end of the fight. in the byrne issue, (shortly after the seperation occurred) where he was going against im, wm, namor and herc, im states clear as day that he is still getting stronger. (i could post a scan, but it would be hassle, AND it's posted in another thread somewhere . . .) until the last part of that fight (what, the third book it carried over into??) even all the avengers combined could do nothing to harm him, let alone stop him. that was one crazy arse hulk! wink

sbo
Originally posted by Accel
Hulk's thunderclaps have been stated to be even more powerful than the biggest hurricanes. One would certainly take out (either by K.O. or BFR) Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, and Jubilee.

All of those guys are expendable. Storm and Rogue are the keys to victory here.
Storm can hit hulk from a distance and Rogue can move alot faster than he can. Supersonic flight is fast enough to be on him before he can react.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.