Best Defense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Generally speaking, which is the best defense?

Durability...
Advantage: you just stand there and take it. No dodging, no forcefields required. Even if you're unconscious, you can't be harmed.
Disadvantage: if you underestimate the power of what's coming at you (ie, you get hit by something stronger than your durability), you're toast.

Protective Field...
Advantage: you don't have to stand there and take it; something else takes it for you.
Disadvantage: unless you have it on automatic, if you're unconscious/unaware and can't/don't erect a forcefield, you're toast. Also, as with Durability or even if your field is automatic, an incoming weapon could still overwhelm you if powerful enough.

Agility/Speed with Warning Sense...
Advantage: no matter how powerful an incoming weapon might be, if you simply get out of the way, it's power is rendered null and void.
Disadvantage: if you're unconscious, you're done for.

Any thoughts?

DarkCrawler
Durability.

Avalonofthewind
Durability. Works well for Supes. Even when he was dead, he was still invulnerable.

Besides, I think it would impress the ladies more. wink

jrodslam
Overall, id have to go with the protective field. It may even be able to protect you from mental attacks. However, all 3 are almost useless against matter manipulation.erm

Edit: If i was a hero, the protective field would also be more of use if i can put it around many people and savew them from harn as well.

Tassadar
All three would be nice, but if I had to choose one it would be speed/agility, it works with Spiderman and the Flash

grey fox
Durability , bullet's ricocheting off your body is kick-ass.

Tshern
Depends on the degree of durability/agility/forcefield...

badabing
Do not read if you are offended easily. Healing factor, adamantium.

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
Do not read if you are offended easily. Healing factor, adamantium.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.