Final Fantasy XIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
New screens have arisen from the highly anticipated Final Fantasy XIII for the next-gen PS3.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4802/finalfantasyxiii20060508032943.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8199/finalfantasyxiii20060508032944.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2034/finalfantasyxiii20060508032945.jpg

And, apparently they're making a sequel to FFXIII already, titled at the moment as "FF Versus XIII":

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/581/finalfantasyversusxiii20060508.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7067/finalfantasyversusxiii20060509.jpg

Sources: IGN and IGN

No doubt more information is to come, and the trailer will most likely show up online within the next few days as well.

I myself am looking forward to this game, and most likely will base my decision on my next-gen console purchase on this game. Even knowing no plot about the game, I already can tell that this is going to be a great game.

Thoughts?

Lana
*fangirlish squee*

FullMetalLover1
omg! sweet!

LanceWindu
It would be better if they'd upload screen caps from the actual gameplay. These are from the prerendered sequence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
One thing about Square -- they tend to be very careful with what info goes out. Images from movie sequences tend to draw people in initially more than those from battle sequences -- they look nicer for one, and can give a hint of the storyline for the game.

Square is also notorious for delays, so whenever this game is projected to be released, I'd reccomend adding 6 months to a year to that date.

S.S
woot#

BackFire
Originally posted by LanceWindu
It would be better if they'd upload screen caps from the actual gameplay. These are from the prerendered sequence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

These are supposed to be straight screens from actual gameplay. One was from a cinema.

And Versus isn't a sequel, really. It's an action game set in the same world that may very well come out at the same time as FFXIII.

JKozzy
Yeah, just re-read that. It could be a sequel in the loosest of terms, but yeah, they could be released very close together, as it's part of a trilogy... still isn't right that one of the games is a cell phone game, though. erm

LanceWindu
Originally posted by BackFire
These are supposed to be straight screens from actual gameplay. One was from a cinema.

And Versus isn't a sequel, really. It's an action game set in the same world that may very well come out at the same time as FFXIII.

I already saw this in action, from playing other FF games and knowing how the presentation is "in game"...what was shown was a lot of cinematic.

BackFire
Well it was said by square that these were directly in game screenshots, except for one.

InnerRise
I hadn't even heard of these Final Fantasy games.

Seems like they're wasting no time.

Well it was said by square that these were directly in game screenshots, except for one.
Do you believe that.

I can see how the one with the screen info. could be an actual in game shot but I'm not sure about the others.

The first pic got me thinking it was a male but the 2 underneath the first one looks female.

is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
well.. it 'looks' nice.. but god.. how many FF's ? lol..

I would most enjoy to see this in motion though.. judging from that it would be like putting advent children on , and someone hands you a controller

BackFire
Originally posted by InnerRise
I hadn't even heard of these Final Fantasy games.

Seems like they're wasting no time.

Do you believe that.

I can see how the one with the screen info. could be an actual in game shot but I'm not sure about the others.

The first pic got me thinking it was a male but the 2 underneath the first one looks female.

Yeah, I believe it. This is how next gen games are going to look soon. Take a look at the game Crysis coming out for the PC next year. The PS3 will be capable of graphics just as good as that, and maybe better. These screens from FFXIII are believable.

Also keep in mind that they're taken on a HDTV witht he best possible picture quality.

InnerRise
Do you know which one is the Rendered one?

BackFire
Probably the top one, the close up of the face. That's my guess anyways.

InnerRise
Well if these are in game shots then the PS3 will far surpass the Xbox360, at least right now anyway with the graphics Xbox 360 has displayed thus far.

Maverick2364
I've been looking for something sweet since Advent Children. I like the sharper graphics and modelling.

I also like that the characters are dressed appropriately. The whole skank outfits drove me away from X-2.

LiL nAstY GirL
Ohmigawd!!! eek! That totally now another thing to put on the 'Waiting For' List

luffyjin
**** THIS SHIT embarrasment square enix you suck, why is this all on ps3 why not the nintendo wii? Oh my john you really suck square

H. S. 6
They look pre-rendered to me...

But still pretty.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Maverick2364
I've been looking for something sweet since Advent Children. I like the sharper graphics and modelling.

I also like that the characters are dressed appropriately. The whole skank outfits drove me away from X-2.
I actually liked the whole vibe that Final Fantasy X-2.

It was different and not the ordinary.

SaTsuJiN
the trailer for FFXIII is up at www.gametrailers.com

the closeup is in fact a rendered scene.. I believe only the scene with the battle GUI is real time

the whole atmosphere was very creative.. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the story

Lana
Originally posted by InnerRise
I actually liked the whole vibe that Final Fantasy X-2.

It was different and not the ordinary.

I found FFX-2 to be rather a disappointment. I still loved the game, but the presentation of the plot could have been done far better. You don't even start learning the story until halfway through and you could easily finish the game and not know anything of what's going on.

BackFire
FFX-2's story takes way to long to get going, too much silly bullshit during the first chapter.

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the trailer for FFXIII is up at www.gametrailers.com

the closeup is in fact a rendered scene.. I believe only the scene with the battle GUI is real time

the whole atmosphere was very creative.. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the story

Wow!

InnerRise
Originally posted by Lana
I found FFX-2 to be rather a disappointment. I still loved the game, but the presentation of the plot could have been done far better. You don't even start learning the story until halfway through and you could easily finish the game and not know anything of what's going on. Originally posted by BackFire
FFX-2's story takes way to long to get going, too much silly bullshit during the first chapter.
I didn't mind the light hearted beginning.

Lana
Neither did I.

But....you don't even start seeing the plot until halfway through.

Which was ridiculous.

BackFire
I didn't either but it directly took away from the story actually starting up, which was the problem.

LiL nAstY GirL
Yeah. I didn't like how long it took for the plot to come, but once it did it hit hard.

Marcellus
Wowwzer's this game look's spifftastic. this hit my most wanted PS3 games list from just the trailer alone,but on a side note when I read the " FF versus" thing my heart actually skipped a beat. kinda like Erghiez 2 or somthin.

Lana
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
Yeah. I didn't like how long it took for the plot to come, but once it did it hit hard.

It did, but unless you go through and do every single side mission and collect all the spheres you'll never learn all of it either, which was kind of annoying, I though.

LiL nAstY GirL
It did, but unless you go through and do every single side mission and collect all the spheres you'll never learn all of it either, which was kind of annoying, I though.

Oh yeah, that was ridiculous!

Peach
Just to bump this back up...it's going to be coming out on the 360 as well as the PS3.

I know, everyone knows this by now, but still stick out tongue

I doubt it'll be out before 2010, though.

Morridini
So I think I've heard two things about this, will it come out after or at the same time as the PS3 version?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Morridini
So I think I've heard two things about this, will it come out after or at the same time as the PS3 version?
As far as I've heard, the 360 version is currently exclusive to North America and PAL territories. The PS3 Japanese version will launch first, the game will be ported to the 360 at the same time localization's going on, and they're aiming at a simultaneous launch (with both 360 and PS3) across America and Europe after that.

But considering this is Squeenix, that could easily not happen.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Peach
Just to bump this back up...it's going to be coming out on the 360 as well as the PS3.

I doubt it'll be out before 2010, though. Oi, I'll be done with college before I see this on my tv O_O

Schwarzenegger

I doubt it'll be out before 2010, though. Well on the official website they have stated they finished everything except the voice casting and a few others so it might be able to come out before 2010.

They even claimed that the time gap between the japanese version and english version released would be shortened.

BackFire
Originally posted by General Kaliero
As far as I've heard, the 360 version is currently exclusive to North America and PAL territories. The PS3 Japanese version will launch first, the game will be ported to the 360 at the same time localization's going on, and they're aiming at a simultaneous launch (with both 360 and PS3) across America and Europe after that.

But considering this is Squeenix, that could easily not happen.

Yes, it's coming out in America and Europe for both the 360 and the PS3 on the same day, and is still exclusive (for now) in Japan on the PS3.

Rewmac
I found FFX-2 to be rather a disappointment. I still loved the game, but the presentation of the plot could have been done far better. You don't even start learning the story until halfway through and you could easily finish the game and not know anything of what's going on. I can go with that, but the game wasn't really a full Final Fantasy it's ratings were based on FF X, coz the whole thing surrounds it. The main problem for me was the meaning of the whole storyline, I didn't really get the point on my first way through.

Rewmac
What about Versus is it really coming in November?

Peach
No, where on earth did you hear that?

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Rewmac
What about Versus is it really coming in November? No it isn't. Where did you hear that crap? XIII isn't even out yet and so far its been stated that the people involved with versus XIII halted the project to help finish XIII.

Peach
Actually, that's not true, but there are people working on both teams.

Versus XIII will likely not be out until FFXIII itself, though, or later.

Zack Fair
woot

IGBbX1uEskg

Nemesis X
I can't believe Japan will have this game on 2009 but North America has to get it in 2010. Why?

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I can't believe Japan will have this game on 2009 but North America has to get it in 2010. Why?

Because that's how it goes. It takes time to translate and localize the games. This is nothing new and that's always been the case with games like this.

Nemesis X
I don't care if the game speaks Japanese. I only care about the fighting.

Zack Fair

Don't worry. It has always been like this, and I rather wait for a good localization instead of having to read/hear poorly translated dialogue. Not to mention we tend to get exclusive stuff like extra bosses and content to make up for the wait.

Whatcha think of the gameplay?

Peach

Then you are playing FF for all the wrong reasons. It's an RPG. The focus is on the characters and plot. How can you play a game like that without knowing what's going on?

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Don't worry. It has always been like this, and I rather wait for a good localization instead of having to read/hear poorly translated dialogue. Not to mention we tend to get exclusive stuff like extra bosses and content to make up for the wait.

The gameplay is what made me go "okay, good, this IS still FF" when I was watching that video. Sci-fi stuff is just something that never seems to go with FF in my mind beyond small bits of it.

General Kaliero
Well, you have to get bilingual writers to translate all the text for a huge RPG, then recode the game with the new language and recheck several times for errors, audition and hire actors, actually record all of that script in the new language, replace the original sound with the new sound, recheck all that several times for errors, give marketing time to think up, create, and send out advertising...

It's a lot of work.

Nemesis X

Two words: kick ass smile

Zack Fair
Then you are playing FF for all the wrong reasons. It's an RPG. The focus is on the characters and plot. How can you play a game like that without knowing what's going on?

Agreed. Hell playing Dissidia which is a fighting game is hard when it is in japanese. Well...not really hard but learning the moves, and especially the story is almost impossible. I can't even begin to imagine how terrible playing a FF in japanese would be.

The gameplay is what made me go "okay, good, this IS still FF" when I was watching that video. Sci-fi stuff is just something that never seems to go with FF in my mind beyond small bits of it.

It is somewhat similar to FFVIII in the scifi(I'm fond of 8 so it doesn't bother me) and I agree about the gameplay. It looks FFIsh...but it feels more vibrant...I can't wait to learn the details.

BackFire

A lot of the hardcore fans will order the Japanese version of the game so that they can play it early, even if they can't understand the dialogue. You're free to do the same if you wish, there are Japanese websites that ship overseas.

As far as the Sci Fi goes, been lingering since FFVI. FFVII had a large Sci Fi element to it, as did VIII. FFVI enjoyed a happy medium of some sci fi aspects within a fantasy setting.

Nemesis X
Okay, whoevers idea it was for Japan to have FFXIII first is a baka.

BackFire
It's always been that way. Square is localized in Japan, they make the games in Japanese first, just be happy we started getting them here regularly, there was a time when we wouldn't even be getting each FF game, many skipped release here in the states.

It makes sense to do it this way rather than making Japanese gamers wait while they translate the game. If it's finished and ready to go in Japan no reason why they shouldn't release it.

Peach
Okay, whoevers idea it was for Japan to have FFXIII first is a baka.

...you're aware that Square-Enix is a Japanese company, right?

Nemesis X
I know Square-Enix is a Japanese company. I'm so enraged because I can't play this game until next year. NEXT YEAR!

ArtificialGlory
Apparently Cloud started taking estrogen.

Ushgarak
It is also worth noting that the US release won't come until the 360 version is ready.

occultdestroyer
The fighting mechanics look like a combination of FF 1-10 and Crisis Core.

Taking turns with a bit of freestyle button-mashing.

Peach
I know Square-Enix is a Japanese company. I'm so enraged because I can't play this game until next year. NEXT YEAR!

I'm sure you'll live. You're not the only one that's been waiting a few years.

Really, it's right on track.

ArtificialGlory
I've been waiting for Starcraft2 for a decade, you guys will be fine.

Final Blaxican
I can't tell.

Is the main character a guy or a girl?

Peach
Lightning is a girl.

Final Blaxican
Thanks for that. It's hard to tell the difference between a girl and a transsexual these days when it comes to SE. no expression

stick out tongue

S_D_J
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Thanks for that. It's hard to tell the difference between a girl and a transsexual these days when it comes to SE. no expression

stick out tongue

It's the same in any anime...

I wonder if it's just a japanese obsession

Final Blaxican
Not any anime.

General Kaliero

stick out tongue
Typically, if you actually see their chest, the main character is a guy.

At least, I got that vibe from Vaan. I'm... reasonably sure he's a guy. I mean, they say he is.

BackFire
You make the mistake of thinking Vaan was a character at all, he was an empty trivial vessel pretending to be the main character.

Peach
Vaan isn't the main character, though. The game isn't about him at all and his presence really doesn't make any difference.

General consensus is that he's male, though stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Well if I can wait for Gears 2, I'll guess I'll wait for this game also..........................................................................................................................BRING THE GAME HERE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Typically, if you actually see their chest, the main character is a guy.

At least, I got that vibe from Vaan. I'm... reasonably sure he's a guy. I mean, they say he is.

3:46

AnYsYbXMB68

S_D_J
Not any anime.

well.. the ones I've seen either have (at least) a crossgender or a dude that talks, behave like a girl... or a guy that looks like a girl... and girls that look like dudes..

...or men that behave like they're gay

every single shonen-like anime I've seen has a character like that...

BackFire
Vaan isn't the main character, though. The game isn't about him at all and his presence really doesn't make any difference.

General consensus is that he's male, though stick out tongue

One of the vast problems with the game, the character you control was pointless. He just basically watched everything happened, thus disconnecting the player from the story (which was already weak to begin with).

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by S_D_J
well.. the ones I've seen either have (at least) a crossgender or a dude that talks, behave like a girl... or a guy that looks like a girl... and girls that look like dudes..

...or men that behave like they're gay

every single shonen-like anime I've seen has a character like that...

Oh, Shonen anime yeah.

S_D_J
One of the vast problems with the game, the character you control was pointless. He just basically watched everything happened, thus disconnecting the player from the story (which was already weak to begin with).

FFXII was about Vaan

... until you leave Rabanastre stick out tongue

Tama-o-hoi
the slow but steady decline from ff vii will no doubt have an effect on ffxiii... however ffx was ok... i actually want square enix to do a remake of ffvii - like, keep everything the same exept for the graphics... yeah... oh! and enhance (but not change) character and monster designs... yeah... oh! and voice acting of course...

Peach
Oh for...

We really don't need anything more done with FFVII. Which isn't even the best anyway. Honestly I think most people think it was the best of the FFs simply because it was the first they played.

DorianYates
^ That i agree with you.

I just hope FFXIII will be a blast.

Mairuzu
FF9 >

Zack Fair
Well if I can wait for Gears 2, I'll guess I'll wait for this game also..........................................................................................................................BRING THE GAME HERE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL. You had to wait what...6-7 months for Gears2? WOW.

S_D_J
Update by IGN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/970/970920p1.html

Zack Fair

_qbr3IB92ms

rM7g1aiS9C4

Looks sick.

Zack Fair
Bump.

Wow...no one interested?

meh. Guess I'll go to gamefaqs uhuh

k1Lla441
looks pretty good.

occultdestroyer
YAY!
I'm glad it's turn-based, just how FF should always be.

BackFire
The battle music is awesome.

Zack Fair
Meh. Square isn't releasing the FFXIII bundled with Advent Children Complete because it won't be fair for the xbox360 owners.

F U square.

Anon E. Mous
Is the game only on PS3?!?!?!?

Zack Fair
Nope.

Anon E. Mous
Whew, i was about to shoot myself.

occultdestroyer
Meh. Square isn't releasing the FFXIII bundled with Advent Children Complete because it won't be fair for the xbox360 owners.

F U square.
A big F U to Square Enix indeed thumb down

Neo Darkhalen
Seems the West is really getting shunned with FFXIII.

Scythe
Posted this in the wrong thread, yeah...

Originally posted by Scythe
Just played the demo that came with FF: Complete. It looks very polished and nice, the combat system is hard to describe, it's fast and easy, but takes a lot of getting used to.

leonheartmm
i dont understand, what the **** is with this addiction to try and assimilate american rpgs. free ended gameplay, short battle distances, more INTERACTIVE and hence less SOLID/more glitchy/less SPCTACULAR gameplay is NOT good and NOT final fantasy. as i remember it, the camera angles used to change more than twice with each attack, focusing and closing up on different targets in the case of magic. the THUNKS and battle soundeffects were MUCH more solid and varied, it wasnt all shot from one boring angle with characters looking awkward and less than spectacular in tiny confined places , simply because it had to be SEEMLESS and in the SAME scenario. imagine how shitty FF-10 wud have been if you had to fight all the battle in the REAL dungeons, in the tiny places they were in. UGH. ****ing ff-12 traditions. its one reason you cant truly feel the breathtaking spectularness of summons or spells or just plain combat. they dont think much about mucking with tiny things like these since they are so hard to categorically rate by revewers, {that and the character models are less than spectacular, in their attempt to mak the clothes/muscles look more REAL and less idealised} or call out. well that and the STORY. if its another REAL world type, political story, with little in way of losing yourself in the character's epic tail and human side, im gonna KILL sum1!!! ugh!!!!!!!

leonheartmm
^its one of those things where you always FEEL like SUMTHING is wrong but have trouble putting it into words. i mean, graphics-10, sound effec-10, gameply-10, story-10{obviously, political intrigue is final fantasy going into a more MATURE direction, as opposed to going to SHIT}. so why the **** cant i enjoy or think of this as a final fantasy. its always that splinter in your mind and it ****s the game up.

WO Polaski
you have a lot of anger.

Nemesis X
This game won't be out until next year.

Thanks a whole friggin lot Square Enix.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i dont understand, what the **** is with this addiction to try and assimilate american rpgs. free ended gameplay, short battle distances, more INTERACTIVE and hence less SOLID/more glitchy/less SPCTACULAR gameplay is NOT good and NOT final fantasy.

Are you hating on Bethesda? stick out tongue

Personally, the only thing special about Final Fantasy is the production and the story and characters. Considering this, it really shouldn't be hard at all to make a good Final Fantasy game. It only requires money and time. As hard as they try to reinvent the leveling system in each new installment. The gameplay still comes down to leveling and getting rare items. I really don't see why you're comparing FF games to Western RPGS. It seems like you're trying to say that FF games would suck if they were more like Western RPGS. This leaves me to believe that you're saying Western RPGS suck. Is that what you're saying? lol

Peach
This game won't be out until next year.

Thanks a whole friggin lot Square Enix.

...you know that it's not even out in Japan, right?

We've known for a very long time that it wouldn't be out in the US until 2010.

Scythe
I'd rather them take a long time with a game and work on it as much as they can, rather than rush it to the public without proper testing, polish and so on.

Peach
Seriously.

I mean, it's not even coming out in Japan until the end of this year. The average lead time on an FF game being localized for the US is about 6 months. Also keep in mind that they have to do the 360 version of it.

Summer-fall next year is when we'll likely get it. I wouldn't count on it being any earlier than May 2010. I'd personally guess August or September.

Scythe
I'm in no hurry to get this, I always have patience for upcoming games, haha.

It's not complaining about a game will move its release date earlier.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Scythe
I'd rather them take a long time with a game and work on it as much as they can, rather than rush it to the public without proper testing, polish and so on.

Yeah, don't want another X-2 sick

Scythe
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, don't want another X-2 sick

Haha, I honestly enjoyed X-2. I didn't take it as a serious game to begin with, and bought it for $3 bucks, so I didn't lose much. A lot could've been improved in that game in my opinion, but it was alright.

Peach
Oh, that game...

*grumbles*

I liked it the first time I played it, up until the end. Second playthrough was pure "wait, wtf is this?" territory.

Scythe
Oh, that game...

*grumbles*

I liked it the first time I played it, up until the end. Second playthrough was pure "wait, wtf is this?" territory.

Hahahaha, I hear that a lot. It wasn't that bad of a game, but I know what you mean, haha. I still don't understand the ending, but the boss fights were fun, and I was able to kill them all. Unlike FF 12 which had still bears bosses a casual gamer like myself can't even topple.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Are you hating on Bethesda? stick out tongue

Personally, the only thing special about Final Fantasy is the production and the story and characters. Considering this, it really shouldn't be hard at all to make a good Final Fantasy game. It only requires money and time. As hard as they try to reinvent the leveling system in each new installment. The gameplay still comes down to leveling and getting rare items. I really don't see why you're comparing FF games to Western RPGS. It seems like you're trying to say that FF games would suck if they were more like Western RPGS. This leaves me to believe that you're saying Western RPGS suck. Is that what you're saying? lol He actually hates WRPG's, he blatantly admitted it.

Peach
I don't like WRPGs, either. I grew up on turn-based JRPGs. They're what I prefer. WRPGs and by extent, action-RPGs are extremely boring to me - I simply cannot stand that style of gameplay.

Zack Fair
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/988/988642p1.html

Spring 2010. durw00t

S_D_J
(10:57:38 AM): Infinity Ward and Activision will release 2 MW2 map packs first on XBL. Toriyama, director of FFXIII and Yoshinori Kitase, producer on FFXIII now on stage.

(10:58:02 AM): Toriyama, director of FFXIII and Yoshinori Kitase, producer on FFXIII now on stage. Speaking in Japanese through a translator.

(10:59:01 AM): Giving a brief history of Final Fantasy, tracing FF from when it first started 20 years ago. Last year he says he shocked the world with the FFXIII to Xbox 360 announcement. Today they're premiering the game running on Xbox 360.

(10:59:40 AM): It's part of the demo desquence we saw on PS3. English voices are in. Framerate appears to be staying steady.

(11:00:26 AM): Lightning is fighing the large scorpion robot from the demo. Sazh is also in the fight. Talking about how the game has four active time gauges to power up attacks. Conjuring the Odin summon.

(11:01:24 AM): Lighting tosses a red ball in the air and he appears behind her in battle. Will then partake in the fight. Normally you would not be able to use him that early in the game, he appeared much larger than other other characters covered in spiky black armor. Targeting a spring 2010 release.

Quincy
More info on VERSUS XIII

Confrontation X
Long ass trailer and can't embed, but very interesting and good quality too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjkGUM7skk

0:27 looks exactly like FFX Besaid Island...

S_D_J
Release date revealed ... as well as the Title song and singer for the US/PAL version:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14266574/vids_1.html
Click in the Announcement trailer

3. 9. 2010

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by S_D_J
Release date revealed ... as well as the Title song and singer for the US/PAL version:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14266574/vids_1.html
Click in the Announcement trailer

3. 9. 2010

Haha. Coming out right on my birthday. Too bad I don't give a rat's ass about FF.

Peach
Yeah, I heard about it a day or two ago, but since I didn't have a source (beyond "email from the district manager"wink I didn't say anything stick out tongue

Awesome.

S_D_J
I'm resisting the urge to import the japanese version just to play it earlier.... smile
just one month (Dec 17) no expression

anyways this is the US song for the game:

Leona Lewis - My Hands
9q0_mNC5FQ8

Sin_Volvagia
March is gonna be a great month for gaming.

BackFire
Hope it's better than XII.

Weltall
I have a feeling it'll be the best Final Fantasy since IX. Though weirdly I'm no longer as hyped about this game as I used to be. Looking way more forward to Golden Sun DS, Sands of Destruction and Arc Rise Fantasia.

Zack Fair
About time

Ms.Marvel
when the developer in the video said that lightning is going to be the strongest woman in the entire series... was he being literal? because thats quite a feat.

Weltall
Strongest female protagonist probably.

Dark Exile
Uh, might be the first JRPG i enjoy.

BackFire
I have to say, the battle music sounds like it may be some of hte best in the series.

Z1Qo_GhbQt4

Sin_Volvagia
I have to say, the battle music sounds like it may be some of hte best in the series.

Z1Qo_GhbQt4

You just found out about this?

I do agree with you, btw. Too bad the boss music isn't as epic.

Shutter Control
Lol...this can be pre ordered now, but read Gamestop's disclaimer stick out tongue

And no offense to the poster of the above video, but that is the first music track of the game revealed (in the same trailer of the first ever footage, which has been around for a couple of years now).

Zack Fair
Famitsu gave it a 39/40

Shutter Control
It fails for not giving it 40. Anything else? stick out tongue

Peach
Originally posted by Shutter Control
Lol...this can be pre ordered now, but read Gamestop's disclaimer stick out tongue

And no offense to the poster of the above video, but that is the first music track of the game revealed (in the same trailer of the first ever footage, which has been around for a couple of years now).

...I want a chocobo! D:

S_D_J
Famitsu gave it a 39/40

link please smile

Originally posted by Shutter Control

Chocobos eek!

draxx_tOfU
man, then this means both Agito and Versus will probably be out late '10 to mid '11?...

i read somewhere that Agito will be similar in gameplay to Crisis Core which is not bad, but imagine doing a random encounter with Dissidia gameplay, that would be sweet!...

Shutter Control
Now now people, I had chocobos over for Thanksgiving. They ended up in my stomache though...

Shutter Control
Will this be in 1080p? Most likely. Screw Sony for not making 26" 1080p LCDs. sad

S_D_J
Latest Trailer:

eJPbozRomX4

I want this game so badly big grin

BackFire
I've been hearing some rumblings about the game not having explorable towns.

Don't know much about that, but from the sound of it, I don't like it.

S_D_J
Been hearing the same, there are no shops either...

I don't care though... I just wanna play it

Zack Fair
O'RLLY?

Ms.Marvel
i dont know why but the english voice acting makes me cringe.

typical japanese over acting doesnt help though xD

menokokoro
how long has this game been in development?

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i dont know why but the english voice acting makes me cringe.

Because they released the game for eggbox360, so obviously the inglish voice actors didn't do their job properly.

menokokoro
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Because they released the game for eggbox360, so obviously the inglish voice actors didn't do their job properly. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Ms.Marvel
i dont get it. sad

Peach
Oh my god is it March 9th yet.

I am so glad that I have spring break only a couple of weeks after. Because I know what I'm going to spend that week doing.

The voice acting seemed fine to me.

One of my friends imported the Japanese version of the game and has been playing it. She compared it to FFX, in how much she was enjoying it. Considering that she feels about the same about FFX as I do (as in, favorite game ever), I'm a bit surprised and definitely looking forward to this.

Not a fan of the song, though...

menokokoro

I am so glad that I have spring break only a couple of weeks after. Because I know what I'm going to spend that week doing.

One of my friends imported the Japanese version of the game and has been playing it. She compared it to FFX, in how much she was enjoying it. Considering that she feels about the same about FFX as I do (as in, favorite game ever), I'm a bit surprised and definitely looking forward to this.

Not a fan of the song, though... i have heard similar things about this game. among them is that there is going to be twists that are unlike any other ff game yet.

i wish i had waited to stop playing video games until next year...oh well i told my friend that he cannot play this game at all unless im there to watch him lol

S_D_J

Not a fan of the song, though...

I heard the game it's just as linear as FFX, and there are not that many open areas, as in FFXII, which I found disappointing....

but hey, if it's just like FFX, I'm all up for it thumb up... specially if it does get better half way through it as they say it does big grin

I like the song.... though it does feel out of place erm

ArtificialGlory
People in the comments section have it right.

UYVLIOEO
I'm liking the song and hopefully it's better implemented in the actual game than it is in the trailer.

menokokoro
is it just me or does it seem like the in game graphic cut scenes, their lips are synced to the English voice actors?

S_D_J
It has to be... it's part of the localization

been that way since X

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>