Resident Evil 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dayscribe
This thread is for anything Resident Evil. Games discussion, news about RE5, and so forth. The games rule, and it deserves a thread.
http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=residentevil49ov.jpg

I made that backdrop myself. big grin

luffyjin
if its not on nintendo wii then im not interested, resident evil was great on cube and so should it be on wii

H. S. 6
Originally posted by luffyjin
if its not on nintendo wii then im not interested, resident evil was great on cube and so should it be on wii

A new Resident Evil is confirmed for the Wii.

Dayscribe
It's gonna be great. 5 will be amazing. Expect to see a sig from me with Redfield. Anyone like the backdrop I made for 4? Not my best work, but I'll be improving on it sometime.

Lana
.....there are RE threads already....

Dayscribe
Better to have an offical one. It brings better discussion.

Lana
I think I'll decide what's better.

Unless you make this for RE5 only then there's no use for it and it'll be closed.

Dayscribe
Fine. Re-title the thread for Resident Evil Five news and updates, or Resident Evil news and updates. No need to get mad because I had a good idea though.

Dayscribe
There we go.

Okay then, a RE5 thread. Thanks to Lana for changing the title for me. For that, you get a flower.
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/flower-picture-gallery/phlox-purple-flower.jpg

Lana
Originally posted by Dayscribe
Fine. Re-title the thread for Resident Evil Five news and updates, or Resident Evil news and updates. No need to get mad because I had a good idea though.

It would have been a good idea were there not already threads for the seperate RE games wink

Dayscribe
Originally posted by Lana
It would have been a good idea were there not already threads for the seperate RE games wink

You're more than likely right. Cheers though. pepsi

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/734/734381.html

sdw
great backdrop Dayscribe...
I too am excited, the RE series is basically the only games I ever play, my girlfriend went out of town this week so I've been catching up again, playing Zero through 4 on GC, I played 2 in the middle of 3 and was amazed that, even with dated game play and graphics how both games are still so good...
I haven't been able to find any more teasers for 5 this year, but I learned my lesson from the ones for 4 that featured the "black cloud" that wasn't anywhere to be found in the final product...
I think Chris will be the main character and hope Wesker is finally a boss fight...
I'd love to see Barry return (especially playable) and wonder if they'll combine T Virus and Plagas or just create something new...

Dayscribe
It's seeming like they combined them, because in the trailer from E3 that they reported on in Game Informer at the beginning of the school year, the attacker was running. Also, light amounts may play an effect, as well as visiblity. I tried to make an RE5 signature, but the render I found wasn't very good.

BackFire
They just announced that RE5 will be coming to the Wii.

Dayscribe
Sweet. Any articles?

Thanos_6383
Dayscribe.Good Job.

SaTsuJiN
if the zombies actually run.. I'm game.. if they dont its another snooze-fest..

crazy_shadow
why do so many people think resident evil games are scary?.....if you want scary get silent hill games.....i think the resident evil games aren't scary at all...yeah they make u jump from surprise once in a while, but it's not really something that sticks to you like silent hill. plus u have the guts to easily go back and play it...silent hill 2 on the other hand...i go into thoughts of "should i play it or not? messed"

BackFire
RE games have more jump scares, something going boo. Silent Hill games are scary on a deeper and more disturbing level.

SaTsuJiN
well I'm referring to 'panic' type scares.. where you're constantly outnumbered and seeking a place to run or barricade yourself inside at... resident evil can be creepy when it wants to.. 4 was definately creepy til it went all quake 3... "Bwahahaha die zombie die!.. *headshot headshot gib gib* "

Alpha Centauri
The part in RE4 when you first meet a Regenerator is possibly the most heart-stopping, fearful moment I've experienced in gaming.

I completed a few of the Silent Hill games and whilst they are disturbing, any of that is removed by the fact that you know the pace isn't going to quicken and make you panic. It's a safe fear, not an unpredictable one. You never know what's gonna happen in RE 4 really. Especially since the scenery and enemies change so much.

Who can forget walking into the castle and having the raspy breathy monks close in on you? Not me.

-AC

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The part in RE4 when you first meet a Regenerator is possibly the most heart-stopping, fearful moment I've experienced in gaming.

-AC

I remember the first time I saw one of them bad boys. Made me jump, especially since the sucker impaled me immediately.

BackFire
The first SH game begins with a great panic scene of amazing tension for it's time. When all the little demons just attack you from all angles it scares the shit out of you because you don't know what the **** is going on or what to do.

Silent Hill is far more suspenseful than any of the RE games, partly because of the amazingly affective lighting that makes it so you can't see enemies until they're right in front of you and a legitimate danger to you.

Smasandian
Sats, I agree with you.

RE4 freaked the hell out of me from the feeling I got when I was in the village. The whole feeling of being enclosed with those things, and the level design left without any corner to back in to, you consistently had to run away from them.

But too me, the regenators freaked the hell out of me, and definitly the chainsaw dude, because I just knew if he got you, he ****ed you up.

BackFire
The chainsaw guy was very nervracking, and awesome.

stunna1773
the chainsaw dude got easy after like the 3rd time facing him and the Garrador's and the more powerful Garrador's made me shake like crazy

AstroFan
Originally posted by BackFire
The chainsaw guy was very nervracking, and awesome.

Shocking, given your sig. stick out tongue

Which ones were the garradors?

IcePunk
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I remember the first time I saw one of them bad boys. Made me jump, especially since the sucker impaled me immediately. I remember almost crying of fear as soon as I heard its breath and when BGM started and the thing that really scared the crap out of me was when I shot it's legs off and then I thought "Whatcha gonna do now, dumbass?!" and then it did a fishlike jump at me and almost went chainsaw on my
throat.......SCARY.....and dont get me started on those double chainsaw guys bawling

Superboy Prime
Who do you guys think might be the protagonist of RE5?

Rumor has it it's Chris Redfield, but I don't know. I'd rather see Carlos Oliveira.

SaTsuJiN
I'd rather someone new... so I'm not familiar with their past... so as not to rely on their 'skills'... plus you can relate with them better... its like using a movie star in a horror movie.. it just waters it down IMO

stunna1773
Originally posted by AstroFan
Shocking, given your sig. stick out tongue

Which ones were the garradors?

they were the ones that couldnt see in the dark but can see if its bright and their fast with claws the stronger ones have armor on them sad

IcePunk
No they are TOTALLY blind, they rely on sound to guide them and they get easily disstracted if you shoot the big bells which usually are in the same room and if you stand still in a corner it will just patroll around in circells until you run or shoot, in other words until you make some noise.

stunna1773
Originally posted by IcePunk
No they are TOTALLY blind, they rely on sound to guide them and they get easily disstracted if you shoot the big bells which usually are in the same room and if you stand still in a corner it will just patroll around in circells until you run or shoot, in other words until you make some noise.

no have u ever threw a flash gernade at them they can see u when it goes off

Tex
Do you think the Wii has the computer power to run RE5 on the PS3 level? The screen shots and trailers I've seen look like they require an enormous processor, and the Wii is just basically a super charged gamecube.

IcePunk
Originally posted by stunna1773
no have u ever threw a flash gernade at them they can see u when it goes off that might be small bug and might count as shooting, their eyes are completly sown shut if you havent noticed.

stunna1773
i did it on the gamecube verison and the ps2 one also and they still came at me

IcePunk
A bug

kamikz
A flash grenade also stuns your ears, you hear a large, "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII", so they should be deaf until the effect wears off. I haven't played it though, so I woulden't know if it's the same deal here....

IcePunk
Still....a bugg

stunna1773
Originally posted by IcePunk
Still....a bugg

o yea u bet it even happen to my cousin and his game

In Fate's Hands
So, has anyone heard any news for RE5 so far because all I've been hearing still is the main character might be Billy Coen from RE0 or Chris Redfield. The makers said if it was Chris Redfield they would probably end the series with this game.

BackFire
No, no news yet, and don't expect any anytime soon. The game probably won't even be out for nearly 3 years, so I'd suggest not even worrying about it.

Impediment
I keep hearing two things about Resident Evil 5:

-It will be released by summer of 2007.

-It will be released by summer of 2008.

As much as want to play this game, I can wait............................I think.

AstroFan
Atleast they arent teasing us with info. laughing out loud

BackFire
Originally posted by Impediment
I keep hearing two things about Resident Evil 5:

-It will be released by summer of 2007.

-It will be released by summer of 2008.

As much as want to play this game, I can wait............................I think.

no way is it being released in 2007, capcom has said that it's in the very early stages of development and is a whiles off. I doubt we'll even see it in 2008, unless it's late 2008. 2009 is more likely.

Impediment
Originally posted by BackFire
no way is it being released in 2007, capcom has said that it's in the very early stages of development and is a whiles off. I doubt we'll even see it in 2008, unless it's late 2008. 2009 is more likely.

I agree.

I have a subscription to EGM, and it said that the earliest possible release was 2008. I, for one, doubt that that RE5 will be released by metioned year. I'm guessing that we can expect RE5 in another 24 months, at least.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
if the zombies actually run.. I'm game.. if they dont its another snooze-fest..

Whats wrong with the slow moving kind thats what zombies were like in the older zombie movies

Well the Re games are more on action side of things for scares kinda like Aliens

§P0oONY
I'm just gutted you don't play as Leon... He's been in both of the best RE games (2 & 4). I don't want it to follow the proper T-Virus storyline, that's old news. Continue where RE4 left off.

blind faith
It should be like a trio, starring Chris, Billy and Rebecca and should take place just after RE4 with Wesker as the main villain.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats wrong with the slow moving kind thats what zombies were like in the older zombie movies

I just find it more scary when you have to make split second decisions in relation to how agile the zombies are

like in night of the living dead 3 I think? those zombies ran at full speed

same for 28 days later...if you've seen it.. the surroundings are all quiet, and then suddenly one pokes its head out really fast to see if any 'prey' is nearby.. in an almost animalistic fashion

I find that "jerk-reaction" much scarier, as their movements are less predictable.. they go right down to the basic killer instinct instead of the slow moaning menaces they're mostly depicted to be

thats just my opinion though

BackFire
When it comes to videogames, yes fast moving zombies are a bit more frightening, since it's your reaction that is on trial as to whether you will live or die.

LinixCobra
This is Resident Evil 4 but still pretty funny... 100 ways to die in RE4:

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11629/Video_100_Ways_To_Die_In_Resident_Evil_4.html

Morridini
Aww, so much fun i have missed out on just because I have been trying to stay alive.

Zen2nd
Originally posted by Tex
Do you think the Wii has the computer power to run RE5 on the PS3 level? The screen shots and trailers I've seen look like they require an enormous processor, and the Wii is just basically a super charged gamecube.

RE5 is not coming out for the Wii but they are making a Resident Evil game just for the Wii though, using the Wiimote and such.

I wish they'd just give us some info about the game. Maybe another video?

Well in RE1: Remake slow zombies worked as you were in quite confined spaces and basically if a zombie was infront of you it basically stopped you from going forward but then when there is one behind you too!

General Kaliero
Well, after the great new trailer shown yesterday... doesn't look like the Middle East anymore.

Who else thinks this is in Africa now?

Which is kind of scary in itself, when you think about it, because they really have enough diseases as it is.

AstroFan
THERE IS A NEW TRAILER?!?!?!?

God I wish i wasnt at work. sad

Morridini
Seemed like Africa yes, but could also be Middle East.

WrathfulDwarf
kP3XFPSHiWo

For a minute there it look like a Black Hawk Down game trailer. stick out tongue

grey fox
HOLY SHIT!!!

Hmmm ? Africa... looked less like zombies and more like plagas or torture victims . Though they seemed a little...zoned out. Perhaps it's a mix of plaga +T-Virus , allowing the Umbrella corp what they originally wanted (Undead Super-Soldiers) ???

JToTheP
It looks like ****in RE4 in Africa like I said. This is why I hope the rumors of remaking 2 & 3 for Wii are true, I have no interest in this, and the lack of gameplay videos is ridiculous.

AstroFan
Not that ridiculous when you think its probably still over a year away. lol

JToTheP
Well yeah, but we even got Early Mario Galaxy gameplay videos before Wii launched.

AstroFan
GTA hasnt had any, and its only weeks away. lol

I have a wierd feelings some country is gonna go after this game as racist. sad

Morridini
Originally posted by JToTheP
It looks like ****in RE4 in Africa like I said.

And why would that be a bad thing?

kai3345
Chris Redfield Confirmed! Yay!

Superboy Prime
I wonder how much ass Chris will kick in this game.

General Kaliero
GTA hasnt had any, and its only weeks away. lol

I have a wierd feelings some country is gonna go after this game as racist. sad

Did anyone go after RE4 for the way it portrayed Spaniards? ermm

AstroFan
No, but the Spaniards were really being controlled. This game looks different, people cheering while people get tortured. But I dont know till I see it in the context of the game.

General Kaliero
True, but until we have more facts, we really can't tell anything about these people. Except for the context of the series, which would indicate that the enemies are probably going to be zombie-like and inhuman in some respect.

Besides, they're all probably infected with some T/G-VeroniPlaga Virus, so who knows what kind of behavior that would cause.

Smasandian
I dont understand why somebody got made about RE5 being RE4 in Africa.

Isnt that what everybody wants with the new RE game, RE4 gameplay?

I ****ing dont want old school RE games for the 5th.

I think this game looks pretty neat. It's something different in the setting. What I hope is that the developers get the same feel of RE4 right. I want the merchant and great bosses. I hope they balance the difficulty a bit with the new faster enemies because if its the same as RE4, thats going to be ****ing hard.

InnerRise
Well there are many who prefer the older gameplay of the previous Resident Evil Games. Less Action, More Scares.

And yeah, being that these creatures move so fast, we better be able to move while shooting as well, which would actually take away even more of the original Resident Evil feel and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Superboy Prime
IMO it will make the series better. I always found it stupid for characters to be unable to shoot while walking. Just make it harder to aim/hit when the character is moving Capcom. It isn't really that hard.

Skeets
RE5 reminds me of the Movie "City of God"...

AstroFan
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well there are many who prefer the older gameplay of the previous Resident Evil Games. Less Action, More Scares.

Thats one thing I think they can change for the better, bring the different play types together. RE4 had some quiet moments were you thought a scare would be coming, but it really didnt, aside from the one guy on fire.

I think they can find a way to merge the two with intense battles perhaps with an indoor area where you think you are getting a break, but you are actually getting set up for a scare.

General Kaliero
The ironic thing is that except for the camera and the aiming controls, RE4 plays just like the rest of the series. Exact same tank-like movement, you just have a different perspective.

I agree, though, that 4 was/is an action game with occasional horror elements.

AstroFan
Yeah, you face more enemies in the opening village scene than you do playing through any old school RE. lol

Smasandian
For me, RE4 behind the back perspective made the series respectable again.

Nonbody cared about RE until the change the perspective.

I hope they continue with RE5.

RE4 wasnt scary like RE games were scary. It was really creepy though. I find games like RE4 alot more scarier because you get surrounded and you usually always get hit in the back. I was consistently checking behind to see if any of those ****ers were behind me. That was my biggest fear.

If they go back to the old RE way....**** that, I'm not playing it. I hate that way. I didnt understand why it was so ****ing hard to shoot something, or move.

Morridini
Agree with Smasandian.

RE4 rescued the dying Resident Evil franchise, who hadn't had any really good games in quite a while. And for me I don't get scared so easily, I have found earlier RE games to be a bit boring at times, whereas RE4 had alot of intense moments (like the house with Luis and Ashely) that are really intense and fun to play. I also liked the fact that the opponents were still zombee-creepy but also more intelligent.

Superboy Prime
It's quite possible to mix intense action & scares.

Capcom should take some notes from F.E.A.R

General Kaliero
FEAR is paranormal, though, and RE is more "What has science done?!" It may have zombies, but it's always strictly scientifically "plausible" infection and/or mutation.

Morridini
Well, FEAR was an amusing game to play through, but not really scary in my opinion. Even boring at times.

Superboy Prime
It had it's fair share of scary moments. At least twice the ammount of scares RE4 gave us.

Smasandian
So, Capcom realeased info today, or yesterday on saying that RE5 Chris Redfield will be the main character and that he wont be facing off against zombies or Les Ganadoesm, but are smart, human like creatures.

The story takes place ten years after the Racoon Incident, and the story will tell about what he did during those 10 years. Also, this will show what happened after the ending of RE4.

The gameplay will be like RE4, but with some new additions, (currently unexplained), and one feature or atleast about the graphics is that you when you step out into a sunny area from an dark area and vice versa, Chris eyes will adjust to the changing.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161378

Victor Von Doom
It's good the way the story was essentially crying out to be ended, and in 4 (probably planting the seeds in C:V) they basically opened up lots of avenues of exploration in terms of what they could cover, or do in future.

InnerRise
Resident Evil 5 not to be released until 2009 now.

Microsoft Lied.

cry

Smasandian
Or Capcom lied to MS.

Skeets
2009? Bullshit,the latest we get the game is December 08.

Fact.

JToTheP
Am I the only one who thinks Chris looks ridiculous with arms that big? He looks like the guys in Gears Of War.

AstroFan
Anyone see the new 3 minute trailer? Its on xbox live now, it looks like the gameplay is exactly like RE4. lol But it looks sweet, but Chris' voice is kinda gay. roll eyes (sarcastic)

InnerRise
Anyone see the new 3 minute trailer? Its on xbox live now, it looks like the gameplay is exactly like RE4. lol But it looks sweet, but Chris' voice is kinda gay. roll eyes (sarcastic) Well it has already been confirmed that the gameplay will follow the gameplay of Resident Evil 4 with some new things added to it as well that haven't been revealed.

Morridini
Ah excellent news, was afraid they would go away from the RE4 gameplay.

Heres the vid: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22801.html

AstroFan
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well it has already been confirmed that the gameplay will follow the gameplay of Resident Evil 4 with some new things added to it as well that haven't been revealed.

Yeah, but it looks a little dissapointing, atleast in the fact that its like the recycled all Leon's animations. But maybe they are just using those for now, though he does have a punch move. stick out tongue

JToTheP
Yeah, that looks just like RE4 with next-gen graphics, Chris with ridiculously huge arms, and African zombies.

AstroFan
Maybe he was training with Krauser. laughing out loud

JToTheP
Maybe, but he looks dumb now, and if he's with another stars team they should ESTABLISH that, or give him a new outfit, because it's been forever.

Superboy Prime
*Drool*

InnerRise
The trailer looks really good. Maybe too good for its own good. I mean.....how real does one want this type of game to look........at night.......all alone..........at night....dodgy

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

JToTheP
http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-5-is-so-racist-the-idiocy-begins-37196.phtml

I was telling my friends this would happen, it's those damn racist japanese. That village looks poor in the cut-scenes, just the fact they come out with pitchforks JUST like RE4 is bad enough. Chris manhandling them doesn't help, and we know Wesker and Nicholai would refer to them as 'pigs' or worse.

Smasandian
So your saying that the game is rascist?

JToTheP
Originally posted by Smasandian
So your saying that the game is rascist?

Well, I don't see what was so wrong with Raccoon City itself, why not just have the game in another city? Why a desert city that looks similar to Africa? And use RE4's gameplay as an excuse to manhandle them?

AstroFan
Wow, I said that someone would have a problem as soon as the trailer came out. laughing out loud

Score one for me. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Well, I don't see what was so wrong with Raccoon City itself, why not just have the game in another city? Why a desert city that looks similar to Africa? And use RE4's gameplay as an excuse to manhandle them?

Have you ever thought that the fact the game takes place in Africa might have... oh, I dunno... something to do with the damn plot?

Uhh... yeah. News flash: Africa is the poorest continent in the world. That's not racism, it's realism.

SpadeKing
How are they expecting you to survive against 20x as much enemies on screen at once, and they are all a whole lot better and smart than RE4's ganados ermm

I can tell this will get huge market sales by the KKK though ermm

JToTheP
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Have you ever thought that the fact the game takes place in Africa might have... oh, I dunno... something to do with the damn plot?

Uhh... yeah. News flash: Africa is the poorest continent in the world. That's not racism, it's realism.

Yeah, of course, obviously it does, black zombies to toss around.

Originally posted by SpadeKing
How are they expecting you to survive against 20x as much enemies on screen at once, and they are all a whole lot better and smart than RE4's ganados ermm

I can tell this will get huge market sales by the KKK though ermm

HAHA! Yeah, the KKK and Japan of course, and let's not forget ignorant people.

SpadeKing

HAHA! Yeah, the KKK and Japan of course, and let's not forget ignorant people.

sadly I'm still going to by this game can't help it ermm

I have the gameplay trailer in my sig eek!

JToTheP
sadly I'm still going to by this game can't help it ermm

I have the gameplay trailer in my sig eek!

You mean RE4's game play with some melee action added to it.

I think this may be another game like Final Fantasy 7 that gets rave reviews and I may end up hating, but I also don't have a 360 yet so who knows.

SpadeKing
You mean RE4's game play with some melee action added to it.

I think this may be another game like Final Fantasy 7 that gets rave reviews and I may end up hating, but I also don't have a 360 yet so who knows.

RE5 mhm with some dodging, tackling, and new enemie techniques

it will probably be better on the PS3 since its coming from Japan ermm

JToTheP
RE5 mhm with some dodging, tackling, and new enemie techniques

it will probably be better on the PS3 since its coming from Japan ermm

Oh give me a break, Japan hates the Ps3, that's pretty obvious. The consoles do the SAME graphics, the DIFFERENCES are the CONTROLLERS AND SPECS. There's no reason to go into that.

Japan hates Ps3, RE5 is using 4's recycled game play to toss around black zombies, who 'magically' have pitchforks.

General Kaliero

Well thanks for taking less than a second to think about any sort of point that contradicts yours. ermm

Japan, being a mostly homogeneous country, generally does not intentionally engage in racism against black people. There is a whole long sad history in anime and manga exporting concerning Americans crying foul and Japanese not knowing what the hell they were going on about. Japan in general holds no especial animosity towards black people.

Your American principles are not automagically applied to everything.

Also, another fact: the original idea of "zombies" comes from voodoo, a religion that originated from - you guessed it - Africa. Clever way of giving a nod to the beginning of zombism.

DarkC
Almost all zombies in the games have been white, you realise, and when Capcom takes a new turn and goes to Africa, which, by the way, the majority of people are black, people start bitching and whining. And about the pitchfork thing, do you think that people in a rural-ish area would have agriculture as an occupation? I do.

Seriously, people need to overreact less.

It would be the same if they moved it to an asian village too, people would be in some dumbass uproar about it and whining about racism.

SpadeKing
Oh give me a break, Japan hates the Ps3, that's pretty obvious. The consoles do the SAME graphics, the DIFFERENCES are the CONTROLLERS AND SPECS. There's no reason to go into that.

Japan hates Ps3, RE5 is using 4's recycled game play to toss around black zombies, who 'magically' have pitchforks.

but htey hate the 360 more cause its not their creation its basically rivaling them so they would want the PS3 version to look better so people would go buy the ps3 for just that one game =\

and I'm not considering this game racist until i see in game proof mhm

JToTheP
Well thanks for taking less than a second to think about any sort of point that contradicts yours. ermm

Japan, being a mostly homogeneous country, generally does not intentionally engage in racism against black people. There is a whole long sad history in anime and manga exporting concerning Americans crying foul and Japanese not knowing what the hell they were going on about. Japan in general holds no especial animosity towards black people.

Your American principles are not automagically applied to everything.

Also, another fact: the original idea of "zombies" comes from voodoo, a religion that originated from - you guessed it - Africa. Clever way of giving a nod to the beginning of zombism.

So what, 5 is suppose to be full of voodoo wishers as well now just because of history? If the Japanese did Manhunt 2 instead of Rockstar London and Canada, it would be OKAY to be put out because of their twisted history of Manga, Hentai, and all that twisted shit.

Seriously, people need to overreact less.

It would be the same if they moved it to an asian village too, people would be in some dumbass uproar about it and whining about racism.

The Japanese would never put the game in Asia, because it would be trashing orientals period.

Regardless, it's things like this that make me miss the original trilogy even more. I never said they had to kill off Joseph in the intro, or Kenneth via his tape, they chose too. I always thought Carlos was pretty bad ass though, and am glad he's back in Umbrella Chronicles.

I do as well wish some of RE 1.5's ideas went through, like Kendo surviving, Marvin and Annette going through the sewers with Leon.

DarkC
So what, 5 is suppose to be full of voodoo wishers as well now just because of history? If the Japanese did Manhunt 2 instead of Rockstar London and Canada, it would be OKAY to be put out because of their twisted history of Manga, Hentai, and all that twisted shit.
No one said that kind of nonsense was 'okay', J. It's just that the Japanese, having their own morals and upbringings that differ distinctly from North American culture, do not realise when they offend N. American customs and morals. As Kaliero pointed out, things like this have happened in the past, but by no means should Capcom be slammed because of it.

SpadeKing
of course they wouldnt put it in asia, no one there would like the idea of one of us attacking them...

BlaxicanHydra
Oh god, you sound like Fist of the North. JP

SpadeKing
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

you sound black, so what are your outlooks on this game?

JToTheP
Originally posted by DarkC
No one said that kind of nonsense was 'okay', J. It's just that the Japanese, having their own morals and upbringings that differ distinctly from North American culture, do not realise when they offend N. American customs and morals. As Kaliero pointed out, things like this have happened in the past, but by no means should Capcom be slammed because of it.

Things like this happen ALL the time, horror movies are as big joke now about the black guy dying first. Marvin in RE2.

of course they wouldnt put it in asia, no one there would like the idea of one of us attacking them...

Well of course, they themselves would never make it, and if we did, we'd get slammed by them.

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

What the HELL is fist of the north?

DarkC
Things like this happen ALL the time, horror movies are as big joke now about the black guy dying first. Marvin in RE2.
And he was acknowleged as a fellow comrade and a friend by Leon when he was walking through the station. Simply because he gets killed by Leon later (out of necessity anyways) does not mean it's scorning blacks. Was he scorned when he died? No.

I have not seen many horror movies but I can think of one instance where the black guy dies in the MIDDLE, not FIRST. SAW II.

Blacks aren't detrimental in movies, they're just like everyone else now. Hell, sometimes they recieve special treatment on the silver screen. Bruce and Evan Almighty depicted a black man as GOD.

JToTheP
It doesn't matter because the game will come out anyway, it will sell really well, and reviewers, and players will never care that it's RE4's recycled game play, and why would they, it was great.

This shit happens everyday, and Japan gets glorified for it somehow regardless, and always comes out making a shitload of money. So who cares, I will or won't play the game it doesn't matter.

Zen2nd

Was it not the gun shop owner who got killed first?

JToTheP
Originally posted by Zen2nd

I was making a point that it's quite common these days.

If you look at RE1, Kenneth could of died before Joseph, at the same time, or after Joseph as well.

SpadeKing
It doesn't matter because the game will come out anyway, it will sell really well, and reviewers, and players will never care that it's RE4's recycled game play, and why would they, it was great.

This shit happens everyday, and Japan gets glorified for it somehow regardless, and always comes out making a shitload of money. So who cares, I will or won't play the game it doesn't matter.

yea but it may change a whole lot seeing as its set for 2009 sad

Zen2nd
I was making a point that it's quite common these days.

If you look at RE1, Kenneth could of died before Joseph, at the same time, or after Joseph as well.

Sure look at Hitman Blood Money, theres not one black person in the game, would that not be more racist leaving them out?

JToTheP
yea but it may change a whole lot seeing as its set for 2009 sad

I doubt it, they already took the time to release that trailer with game play and the cinema movie. I'm sure they won't pull another RE4, because they can't duplicate that with 4 versions or any other game.

JToTheP
Sure look at Hitman Blood Money, theres not one black person in the game, would that not be more racist leaving them out?

I've never played the Hitman games, but I'm aware that it's just about doing his job by whatever means necessary, usually killing other people.

General Kaliero
The ironic thing is, it's attitudes like yours, JToTheP, that keep racism alive. Hell, weren't all those great people celebrated by Black History Month crying out for equality? And now, whenever something appears that could be vaguely construed as possible white over black racism, people ***** about it. If roles were reversed, and the protagonist was black and all the zombies he was killing were white, not a word would be said. And if someone complained, they would be labeled racist.

That's not the meaning of equality. Equality would be seeing Chris as a person, all the villagers as people, and complaining about the huge amount of violence in the game.

SpadeKing
I'm guessing they are adding a dodging sequence as seen in gameplay ionno if its an automatic reaction though

JToTheP
Racism will always be around regardless, and I'm done here. I suppose if I could make the tons of money Japan will make off this I would do the same thing, but whatever, I'm not a company and never will be. So let them do whatever they want, and let people think whatever they want of the game. Like I said the fans who got back into the series through RE4, the Chris fans, the loyal fans since the beginning, and the ones looking to play another game like RE4 will buy it.

The bottom line is Japan will get paid, so whatever, because they always will be paid.

And SpadeKing, the dodge punch you mean? I assume that will be an action button press like 4 had throughout.

BlaxicanHydra

What the HELL is fist of the north?

Fist of the North is this racist latin guy who obsesses over getting an apology from the white people on this board for what there ancestors did to blacks two-hundred years ago.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=453329&pagenumber=1

SpadeKing
Racism will always be around regardless, and I'm done here. I suppose if I could make the tons of money Japan will make off this I would do the same thing, but whatever, I'm not a company and never will be. So let them do whatever they want, and let people think whatever they want of the game. Like I said the fans who got back into the series through RE4, the Chris fans, the loyal fans since the beginning, and the ones looking to play another game like RE4 will buy it.

The bottom line is Japan will get paid, so whatever, because they always will be paid.

And SpadeKing, the dodge punch you mean? I assume that will be an action button press like 4 had throughout.

nah, so far the only one i really seen was one of the crowd villagers taking a swipe at his head and him ducking it, but I like his punches

JToTheP
nah, so far the only one i really seen was one of the crowd villagers taking a swipe at his head and him ducking it, but I like his punches

Oh, yeah, that will probably be an action button press thing.

SpadeKing
Oh, yeah, that will probably be an action button press thing.

maybe has to be something to do with the analog though seeing as the wii doesn't get RE5 unless they are planning to release it for the wii months after

JToTheP
maybe has to be something to do with the analog though seeing as the wii doesn't get RE5 unless they are planning to release it for the wii months after

It can't be ported to wii if it's made off a full controller, considering wii has, 11 buttons counting the d-pad angles, and the 2 on the nunchuk. Who knows though, maybe.

SpadeKing
It can't be ported to wii if it's made off a full controller, considering wii has, 11 buttons counting the d-pad angles, and the 2 on the nunchuk. Who knows though, maybe.

probably have to hold a certain button to do various different stuff on the wii then and I will most likely forget then by the first fight ermm

JToTheP
probably have to hold a certain button to do various different stuff on the wii then and I will most likely forget then by the first fight ermm

Well actually, what am I saying? Tomb Raider:Anniversary is being ported from ps2 to 360 and Wii, so it is possible. I doubt it though since Wii is gonna have Umbrella Chronicles and RE4's producer said he wants to remake 2 & 3 on Wii, and port 4 to 360.

SpadeKing
hmm... 2 & 3 with a RE4/5 camera view hmm

scary as f*** yes

but it might be easier to dodge though opening a door may suck seeing as sometimes a zombie just pops up as soon as you open it erm

BackFire
5 is no more racist against black people than 4 was against europeans.

The idea that the game is racist is stupid on a level all it's own.

Morridini
The ironic thing is, it's attitudes like yours, JToTheP, that keep racism alive.

Was thinking the exact same thing when reading through all these new posts.

But as BackFire says, this whole discussion is stupid. There is nothing making this game racist.

Victor Von Doom

Don't let facts get in the way of a good (shit) point.

Smasandian
He's just pissed off that Chris arms are too big for his body and that the game doesnt use Leon instead.

Victor Von Doom
I didn't think they were too big.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Smasandian
He's just pissed off that Chris arms are too big for his body and that the game doesnt use Leon instead.

No, not really, as far as main characters go, Barry, Billy, Carlos, or Rebecca could be a better choice to find out what happened to them since the outbreak. Chris does look stupid because there's no reason why a cop would start doing steroids.

But again who cares, it's all about graphics versus realism that cops don't do steroids just to be able to manhandle other humans.

grey fox

The Japanese would never put the game in Asia, because it would be trashing orientals period.

Stupidest thing I have EVER heard, Capcom has several games which use Asians as Villains or portray themselves in a villanous light.

grey fox
Extended video for those too lazy to click links.

uYI4ZHMqHpY

Who is the mysterious blond girl ?

Also , anyone have a decent guess at the 'cameo' characters (Ie : Secondary characters from previous games , like Ada)

Personally I'd like HUNK to have an actual Canon outing (Re4 is Non-canon and his stint in RE2 is in dispute....), maybe Billy or even Wesker ?

JToTheP
Originally posted by grey fox
Extended video for those too lazy to click links.

uYI4ZHMqHpY

Who is the mysterious blond girl ?

Also , anyone have a decent guess at the 'cameo' characters (Ie : Secondary characters from previous games , like Ada)

Personally I'd like HUNK to have an actual Canon outing (Re4 is Non-canon and his stint in RE2 is in dispute....), maybe Billy or even Wesker ?

As horrible as it seems, it looks like it could be that psychotic ***** Alexia. That would blow ass if those psychotic incest freaks came back.

Otherwise I think it's Claire, Jill, Rebecca, Sherry as a (now) adult, or maybe Ashley. Didn't Capcom say it's a returning character somewhere? I heard they did.

grey fox
I have to agree on the sherry thing, In the Wesker files (Technically Canon ) Wesker states Umbrella has her. Perhaps their using her as an experiment ? After-all they are not above using the people they hire/work with as test subjects (Case in point : Lisa Trevor).

Krauser is apparently a returning character (Not in RE5, but he's still alive at the end of RE4 surprisingly enough...)

JToTheP
Originally posted by grey fox
I have to agree on the sherry thing, In the Wesker files (Technically Canon ) Wesker states Umbrella has her. Perhaps their using her as an experiment ? After-all they are not above using the people they hire/work with as test subjects (Case in point : Lisa Trevor).

Krauser is apparently a returning character (Not in RE5, but he's still alive at the end of RE4 surprisingly enough...)

Wesker's Report, and the Ending Photos of RE3 to be exact. It wouldn't surprise me if to Wesker, Sherry should 'follow' in Birkin's footsteps and be an experiment for B.O.W. It is Wesker afterall.

Krauser very well wouldn't be in 5 since he's obviously what Wesker is to Chris, Leon's enemy until one of them actually dies.

Alpha Centauri
Ada never was a secondary character, at least not to Capcom.

She was created with a story in mind. Even in the first Resident Evil her name is mentioned, as his her boyfriend's (The passwords on the computers.). Jill, contrary to the belief of guys who cannot get laid, is a secondary character. Chris is RE's main protagonist, Jill was never given any serious parts that contributed to the storyline. They could never have made RE 3 and the story wouldn't have suffered, but they put her in for familiarity.

Barry, Jill and co are in Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii, as is Rebecca and Wesker, in what's said to be his most important role yet.

It's going to feature Billy too, and a whole host of other characters. It's a cameo game, but one with a story, which should be nice.

The ironic thing is, it's attitudes like yours, JToTheP, that keep racism alive. Hell, weren't all those great people celebrated by Black History Month crying out for equality? And now, whenever something appears that could be vaguely construed as possible white over black racism, people ***** about it. If roles were reversed, and the protagonist was black and all the zombies he was killing were white, not a word would be said. And if someone complained, they would be labeled racist.

That's not the meaning of equality. Equality would be seeing Chris as a person, all the villagers as people, and complaining about the huge amount of violence in the game.

And that's why "equality" can be stupid, because it's Resident Evil 5 and it's supposed to have violence.

If anything, maybe it's racist toward Americans! Big, muscley man with a gun goes and kills people in a far off country!

No, it's not racist and anybody who thinks it is racist is stupid.

I'm not gonna get a reply from the next guy I reply to, but whatever;

No, not really, as far as main characters go, Barry, Billy, Carlos, or Rebecca could be a better choice to find out what happened to them since the outbreak. Chris does look stupid because there's no reason why a cop would start doing steroids.

The guy does a lot of fighting and is/was on one of the crack special forces teams in the world, spending his time scaling cliffs and training in hand to hand combat.

It's clearly steroids...

But again who cares, it's all about graphics versus realism that cops don't do steroids just to be able to manhandle other humans.

And yet, don't you like Leon? A guy who survived Raccoon City on his first day on the job as a rookie, came back in 4 and was somehow in possession of skills that would make a ninja feel uncomfortable.

Why, in light of this, are Chris's arms a problem for you? Why are you fixed on the idea that it's steroids? Why do people who can't achieve such a look themselves, feel that anyone bigger is on juice? He has big arms. That said, if I was in Chris's position I'd be injecting strength boosters into my eyeballs, not being concerned about looking "realistic".

I think it'll work well, personally. Leon was some crazily trained guy, but it just made the game scarier, do you see what I mean? It didn't make you feel safe, despite knowing he was immensely able. The trailer for 5 doesn't look like Chris having big arms will detract from it.

-AC

JToTheP
Of all people we didn't need back here again. Let the bullshit begin until someone almost gets banned, again.

InnerRise
My only complaints with the game is that it's been pushed back and that Ada isn't the main character. no expression

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>