Open to Ideas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CheapDiamond
I'm not sure is this should be in the DVD forum, but it is more of a general movie question, so here it goes: I need some excellent movie pics for my mom- Mother's Day and her birthday are coming up, and I always get her a handful of DVD's, but this year I am stumped. I already got her Walk The Line, she loves Johnny Cash and that whole era of music. She also likes movies that make you think a lot. I figured this was a good place to get inspiration. Let me know of any and all good suggestions. Thanks guys!

shugie99
Hmm, does she like chick flicks or is she over that? Therte are some good mom/daughter ones (if you're are a girl) like the Upside of Anger, or Yaya sisters or American Quilt that I have gotten my mom over the years... good luck!

Jarshewa
get her 'hostel' as a joke.tell her its a romantic comedy

idowhatiamtold
Hahaha!!!! Hostel would make my mom really Hostile.. you could tell her that's the point!

CheapDiamond
Eh, she miight like Chick Flicks and mom/daughter stuff, but I won't buy them for her or watch them with her, which is what I think she likes more than the money spent... She likes (and I mean we like) anything that has a strong soundtrack and something that I can keep in my head for more than the time I am watching it... I have been bored by a lot of moviies lately. I appreciate your help!!

Solo
Matchpoint, a romance/thriller with a wonderful score.

thegreatrudini
salo lmao laughing

Jarshewa
Originally posted by thegreatrudini
salo lmao laughing
man who'd you get that movie from and why you'd would watch it is something else

but thats supposed to be the most 'taboo'of movies might as well see 'the most ****ed up movie ever made"(i have read the book but yet to see the rendition of the movie.)and if it like sades originally writing then your a pediphile. a sick one on that regards

idowhatiamtold
Okay, so serious movie suggestions now:

Requiem For A Dream- I don't remember the soundtrack, but I promise you won't be getting the movie out of your head any time soon. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0180093/) but I don't know how cool your mom is with hard drugs.

Coal Miner's Daughter- A chick flick, but it fits right into your category of music. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0080549/) but it isn't new at all.

Be Here To Love Me: Townes Van Zandt- Fits into your category of music, but I would say it fits into every kind of music genre, because Townes was a creator of independant music and rock and roll. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0423853/) I think this will be the most underrated movie of the year.

InigoMontoya
Ok so it might be a little late for this....but NICE suggestion idowhatimtold....as you can see I'm a huge Townes fan....

Be Here to Love Me is such a perfect movie, great music, makes you laugh, makes you think, I can't get enough of it.

You might also want to check out Velvet Goldmine or Hedwig and the Angry Inch!

thegreatrudini
its because its sick hence y i posted it that was the joke fool roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.