Metal Gear Solid 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
Work is already underway on Metal Gear Solid 4, which will be released for as-yet-unspecified next-generation consoles, Konami have just revealed at a press event at Berlin's Hotel Adlon.

However, Konami have not announced details of any characters, storyline or even a release date, although we have heard that it will be set in an entirely new location that hasn't been seen in previous MGSs. (A huge metropolis? Outer space?) As for formats, it's almost certainly going to debut on PS3 and we'd also expect there to be an Xbox 2 version at some point.

About the only thing that was revealed was the tagline, "No place to hide! No place for Hideo!" This is a reference to that fact that Metal Gear mastermind Hideo Kojima is finally moving on from his role as the series' producer - presumably on to other next-gen projects - to a new position of executive producer.

Taking his place as MGS4 overlord will be Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo veteran Kenichiro Imaizumi, marking the fact that the game will form part of an entirely new trilogy - so don't necessarily expect previous Metal Gear characters to be making an appearance.

That said, the character designer and art director will still be Yoji Shinkawa - who has worked on all previous Metal Gear Solids - so expect the series to retain its instantly recognisable aesthetic style.

dave123
Bah, nothing will be MGS stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Picture

From left to right: Vamp, Meryl Silverburgh, Raiden (with infant child), Revolver Ocelot, Solid Snake, Otacon, Big Boss and Naomi Hunter.

Trailer

---------------------------------

Opinions? I think this will be very good game. Now I only have to get money for PS3...

DarkCrawler
Up

Zen2nd
Solid Snake dressed up as Sam Fisher, now that is funny

mr.smiley
Hopefully they'll say that Snake has only supressed Fox Die due to the fact he smokes!Chemical changes keep him alive!HAHAHAHAHHA..

I've like all the MGS so hopefully this lives up to the rest.

b-dan
well all i know is vamp is in it big boss is in it and your sanke not raiden i got a magazine that tells me everything

b-dan
o and ive known for a moth now man first the new matrix game then battle front 2 now htis man i know games b4 you all do

DarkCrawler
What?

b-dan
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What? its called reading a magazine!!!! dum ass

black-russian
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Solid Snake dressed up as Sam Fisher, now that is funny

The hell you talking about? Snake isn't dressed like Fisher.

ragesRemorse
metal gear solid2 was about one of the worst games, story wise. Snake eater was an impressive play, but i have to admit. I am metal geared out. There really isnt anywhere else to go in the story either, but i guess that has never stopped game developers from spewing out clones of popular games before.

))TrAuMa((
Yeah i am pretty siked about this game! i can beat mgs 2 on normal in 2 hours ans 45 mins.

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by black-russian
The hell you talking about? Snake isn't dressed like Fisher.

If you watched the trailer you would understand

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
metal gear solid2 was about one of the worst games, story wise. Snake eater was an impressive play, but i have to admit. I am metal geared out. There really isnt anywhere else to go in the story either, but i guess that has never stopped game developers from spewing out clones of popular games before.

I mostly play them to see the interesting villains they have made.

TwisterGameX
Bump

Alpha Centauri
I think 3 sucked.

I love one to death, two seemed great but more of a bridge between the first and the next one on.

-AC

darth-yoda
i think the infant maybe olgas this game will be great did anyone see vamp at the end of MGS2 and dose anyone have a breif description of the tory b-dan im with you iv heard off all these games aswell apart from the tekken 5 remake

Red Superfly
Metal Gear Solid 1 - Quality. Had the best mix of story and gameplay.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - The gameplay in this game is the best of the lot. It's just MGS1 but improved tenfold. The story, however, is a cheap rehash of MGS1 (its just a training simulation following the same pattern as MGS1s event to make a new Solid Snake? No, actually it was just a means to demonstrate how people could be controlled by some AI shit? WTF thats no mission!).

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Awesome, epic story. I enoyed the story way more than any of the others. The gameplay was a step back. Catching food was too arcadey and redundnat, as was healling yourself. The removal of the radar meant the gameplay was, in my opinion, broken. The camera worked in the previous games because of the radar. In this game, you were running blind half the time, despite the fact a soldier could be stood 2 feet ahead of you (and before fanboys leech onto my neck - I don't consider 'clicking' a radar or watching a motion sensor to be acceptable for blindfolding the player). The camera needed to be changed if the radar was to be removed. The indoor sections completely fell apart. Running into the screen and hiding all the time removed all the fun. I wanted to make daring runs and get them right first time like in MGS2 - with skill. Timing enemy patterns and going in for the kill, knowing what timeframe you have is what I realy enjoy about MGS, but in 3, it was more trial and error, and most of the time I resorted to simply shooting everyone from afar and running through each level.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Hopefully they'll pull a Resident Evil and make this a proper third person, or bring the radar back. You can't have a halfway house. I am looking forward to seeing this game as it will be the culmination of all the events from the three previous games. 3 filled us all in about Big Boss and his inevitable return is gonna be sweet. Lets just hope they think a helluva lot more about the actual gameplay as opposed to coming up with silly new concepts like in 3.

AND BRING BACK THE DOG TAGS! THOSE GREEN FROGS SUCKED!

darth-yoda
karotans vs dog tags ermmm dog tags im with you i want them back and did anyone see vamp at the end of MGS 2

TwisterGameX
Bump

OB1-adobe
I love metal gear. honestly, I don't play it for the gameplay, I play it for the story. I like metal gear acid too.

In some ways I hoping that metal gear 1 & 2 get remade into a new game.

That would be cool, and it would also fill in gaps of the story between mgs3 and mgs1.

then we will have mgs 4 & 5, and hope fully that will be it.

Then with next gen consols, maybe release all of them with better graphics.

I don't know, what do you think

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I love metal gear. honestly, I don't play it for the gameplay, I play it for the story. I like metal gear acid too.

In some ways I hoping that metal gear 1 & 2 get remade into a new game.

That would be cool, and it would also fill in gaps of the story between mgs3 and mgs1.

then we will have mgs 4 & 5, and hope fully that will be it.

Then with next gen consols, maybe release all of them with better graphics.

I don't know, what do you think

I wish!!!!

I love the gameplay of MGS Series, but I LOVE and don't mind like others the 30 minutes cut scenes. I look foeward to the, best stories ever, and 3 was so sad.

You like Metal gear acid ?
The gameplay ?
The Story ?
Both ?

Well, i am thinking of getting it but everyone says the hate it, so please tell me what you like about it

TwisterGameX
Answer in detail.

OB1-adobe
At first acid was odd to say the least. I never played a game like that before (turnbased card strategy) but after a while I found it very addicting, and as soon as I finish it I want to play it again to try different combinations of cards, and get a better feel of the story. Because there is a lot going on, and a lot to understand.

If you are a major fan you'll like it. Its a great accompany ment to the original games. Especially since the cards play homage to them. Such as the ninja. When used it plays a cut scene from mgs1 during the fight in otacons lab.

Right now I'm fighting against metal gear itself, and its a *****.

My only gripes:

No voice acting or theatrical cutscenes. its all text, and Solid snakes voice is sorely missed.

Some things don't make any sense, especially "turns" who gets to make a move, and why you don't. One time I was fighting against 5 soldiers, and all I could do was sit there and watch them kill me, because I couldn;t do anything. Like I had my turn, and they just kept going and going.

Its not like the others, but if your a fan, its cool nonetheless.

Besides there is a new one coming out in Novemeber I guess.

Red Superfly
Remaking Metal Gear 1 & 2 (the old NES/MSX) ones is an idea I've been wishing would come to fruition for ages.

There's a gap that many gamers haven't had explained.

Or, instead of games, how about they make a Metal Gear movie that details the events of 1 & 2. Would be the perfect way to start a movie series if there was one, and also fill in the blanks.

TwisterGameX
At first acid was odd to say the least. I never played a game like that before (turnbased card strategy) but after a while I found it very addicting, and as soon as I finish it I want to play it again to try different combinations of cards, and get a better feel of the story. Because there is a lot going on, and a lot to understand.

If you are a major fan you'll like it. Its a great accompany ment to the original games. Especially since the cards play homage to them. Such as the ninja. When used it plays a cut scene from mgs1 during the fight in otacons lab.

Right now I'm fighting against metal gear itself, and its a *****.

My only gripes:

No voice acting or theatrical cutscenes. its all text, and Solid snakes voice is sorely missed.

Some things don't make any sense, especially "turns" who gets to make a move, and why you don't. One time I was fighting against 5 soldiers, and all I could do was sit there and watch them kill me, because I couldn;t do anything. Like I had my turn, and they just kept going and going.

Its not like the others, but if your a fan, its cool nonetheless.

Besides there is a new one coming out in Novemeber I guess.

Nov 1, I just got 1 NOW.

No vioce acting!!!!!, thats my FAVORITE.

wait what kind of cutscenes ? Do they move

NO!!!!
The graphics are sweet though.

OB1-adobe
nah, sorry red, but I think I want to play that one. Besides Metal gear practically already is a movie.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Remaking Metal Gear 1 & 2 (the old NES/MSX) ones is an idea I've been wishing would come to fruition for ages.

There's a gap that many gamers haven't had explained.

Or, instead of games, how about they make a Metal Gear movie that details the events of 1 & 2. Would be the perfect way to start a movie series if there was one, and also fill in the blanks.

I would want a movie, but notr with real people because

1. The wont look the part
2. the vioce of Snake is a MUST

So i wish it was, like that final Fantasy movie story 7 for the ps2 or umd thingy.

Basically the way they do the cutscenes

OB1-adobe
I replaying mgs3 right now. I at the point where I have the sniper duel with The End.

goodtimes

TwisterGameX
I replaying mgs3 right now. I at the point where I have the sniper duel with The End.

goodtimes
Damn that guy. I cant beat him. I had to make him die od old age, because i wasn't passing him.

OB1-adobe
it will be interesting to see what kind of bosses kojima can pull out of his hat, though they are starting to get weirder and weirder.

TwisterGameX
Also the end of the game almost made me cry!!!.

Spoiler
They forced me to pull the trigger, I wasnt going to but the scene wouldn't go on, and why couldn't they just do it in the scene instead of me killing.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Also the end of the game almost made me cry!!!.

Spoiler
They forced me to pull the trigger, I wasnt going to but the scene wouldn't go on, and why couldn't they just do it in the scene instead of me killing.

Get with program soldier!

TwisterGameX
Get with program soldier!

I SHALL.

Mgs3 best story EVER

Also u getting Substance to go online ?

Well what do you needto go online with ps2, just a phone line or is it more of pay money ?

Red Superfly
The End is the best bit of MGS3 by far.

TwisterGameX
The End is the best bit of MGS3 by far.

U killed the ****er ?
PM me on what happens after u kill him.

I got freaked out by the sorrow.

Red Superfly
I finished the game ages ago. I'm confused now.

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
U killed the ****er ?
PM me on what happens after u kill him.

I got freaked out by the sorrow.

Dude, just leave the game alone for a while and he will die of old age.

Red Superfly
That's cheating.

Doesn't someone on the codec call you lame or something if you do that?

snake_eyes616
so? ive beat him without doing that before. he's no big deal.

You gotta strategize. If you stay in one place he will try to sneak up on you. I recommend finding a ledge and place claymores all around you while you snipe.

Either that or just carry a shotgun and equip you're sonar and thermal goggles. big grin

TwisterGameX
I read about, and it's unique for them to do that in the game. Waiting and he will die. I love Metal gear games.

By the way. In mgs 1, what happened to porr meryl.

Whos snakes G/f love interest in 1 and 2.

In 4 do yuou think he will get Meryle ?

Red Superfly
The End is easy really. All you do is hide in a safe spot, get out your directional mic, find out where he is and either shoot him or sneak up on him. Ever tried holding him up? I'd recommend it wink

TwisterGameX
The End is easy really. All you do is hide in a safe spot, get out your directional mic, find out where he is and either shoot him or sneak up on him. Ever tried holding him up? I'd recommend it wink
I did hit the man, but the battle is wayyyyyyyy to long and when u get up to him, he runs all the way to the other side of the map. For an old guy he runs mad quick. Wasnt he in a wheel chair!!!! ?

Edit: I got mad when I saved the game in the battle and he was almost dead,( I had to do something so I had no chioce but to save) then a cut scene happens and he throws me in jail....THE ANGER.

Red Superfly
OOOOOOK - news just in: MGS4 looks like it's gonna be squad based.

Prepare for a shock - THIS is Solid Snake.

AMAZING

Red Superfly
Here's the evidence that it's gonna be futuristic urban warefare, with destructable scenery, adding to the "Nowhere to hide" claims.

Personally - this is the kick in the arse MGS needs, just like Resident Evil got with 4.

OTACON!

Red Superfly
So, does Solid Snake look any good to you guys?

I personally think he looks like Spider-Mans boss JJJ at the Daily Bugle, but with a mullet. erm

(Also, the eye patch is a monitor that is allegedly going to let you control some sort of reconnaisance robot or something - there's nothing wrong with his eye)

snake_eyes616
why is he so damn old? he looks 60-something! mad He is only 37 at the end of MGS2.

Red Superfly
Yeah. Haha you hate him don't you? There's nothing I love more than to see Kojima cause controversy around people that can't stand change!

snake_eyes616
yeah, he loves that miffed

Red Superfly
WTF - why is nobody interested in these shots?

BUMP!

El_NINO
OMG This game will be amazing!!! Check out the pics!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/preview_6133382.html

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0509/game050916c.shtml

I just think they should redo his outfit a bit.. its unflattering

Hit_and_Miss
where are the 5 kids??? don't they have to join there rings together to summon him???

mr.smiley
I think they've jumped a head of time too much,but it still looks good.Snake could go without the mustache though.

Wolf Dog
Don't get me wrong, the graphics are amazing but I still can't help but feel like Homer's encounter with the giant beer. The giant beer symbolizing the next gen graphics.

Homer: Hey! Give me one of those famous giant beers
I've heard so much about.

Bartender: Something wrong, yank?
Homer: No. It's pretty big...I guess.

SlimYout
Anyone hear about the customizable weapons? And multiple war-zones?

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by SlimYout
Anyone hear about the customizable weapons? And multiple war-zones?

Nope, mind telling us?

SlimYout
For those of you who have seen the trailer. When Snake is given an attachment by Metal Gear MK II. Yoji Shinkawa has confirmed this and said it is a game for equipment lovers. It was also confirmed by Kojima that Snake will infiltrate other war zones throughout the world. Well, now more than ever Snake will obviously need all the help he can get. "The world has gone soft." Does that ring a bell? I wonder who is responsible for all this damndable carnage?

Hit_and_Miss
hmmm I suspect its all the people who don't care about the environment... Capitan Snake need to summoned up to clear up the mess of the polluters...

SlimYout
Contrary to what many people think, Snake does not have an eye patch. Rather it is a device that is used to show the enemy threat level and what weapons they are armed with. It is called the Solid Eye System

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\/\ Is that what he uses to check polution levels as well???

Red Superfly
lol Captian Snake.

His team will be The Fury, with the power of fire. Vamp, with the power of water and Fatman will have the power of wind (geddit? hehehehehee).

Raiden will obviously be the kid who has the power of "Heart", seeing as Kojima likes to punish him so much.

Hit_and_Miss
you missed out earth...

They tried that once... they produced an empty shell of a hero (they did it without heart) Captain snake couldn't beat the bad guy... If I remember it was a homeless person, who was littering the streets with beer cans....

When the heart kid turned up...(I believe he got held up watchin fat Albert) captain snake got his heart back, and promptly wooped the homeless person around the park till the park official turned up and beat up snake for harassing the homeless...

Red Superfly
lol, well for Earth I nominate, er.....Metal Gear.....er... Earth. Yes! Metal Gear Earth!

Yes that'll work smile

So if the wind girl wasn't there Cap' probably couldn't fly. Without water Cap' would just turn to dust. Without fire Cap'd have no heartburn etc

And we've wanderred off course a little

Hit_and_Miss
thats half of the fun.....

soo I will control all the threads by turning them to the darkside........(off topic)

El_NINO
The official trailer is out!!!

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/japanese/mgs4_04.html

TwisterGameX
Seen it!!!!! Oldman Snake!!!!

snake_eyes616
OMFG!! This is going to rule all! big grin big grin big grin

bardock
the trailer i saw on g4 owned

snake_eyes616
we know.

snake_eyes616
This doesn't belong down here.

BUMP!

RoyMC
metal gear solid guns of the pariots mmmm my brother is gonna by it for me on my 12th birthday hurray my brother happy

snake_eyes616
So right now you're about 10? The PS3 comes out 2006 and MGS4 will prolly 2007.

Have you seen the trailer. Its in my sig if you haven't.

RoyMC
no im 11

RoyMC
yeah old people never die heh heh heh

RoyMC
i know hey dude did you know the ps3 is already out in new york!!!!!
you can buy it for 500!!!!! dollars thats were hes gonna order it from!!

bardock
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
mgs2's story ruled

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by RoyMC
i know hey dude did you know the ps3 is already out in new york!!!!!
you can buy it for 500!!!!! dollars thats were hes gonna order it from!!

no its not. if it was, I would have read about it by now and been playing the hell out of it. and BTW, next time dont make 3 seperate posts to say something. Just edit it all together.

Originally posted by bardock
mgs2's story ruled

yeah, its one of those things where you have to play it over and over to get the big picture.

RoyMC
Originally posted by mattador
no its not. if it was, I would have read about it by now and been playing the hell out of it. and BTW, next time dont make 3 seperate posts to say something. Just edit it all together.

yeah, its one of those things where you have to play it over and over to get the big picture.

snake im not lying its true

mattador
okay.

b-dan
i dont know if this has been done but heres the trailer to the new MSG game
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

TwisterGameX
Maybe and me of all people should of saw this..which I did. Kick ass trailer, and snake is like 180 years old....eh.

b-dan
ya i know i didnt expect that

Lana
Already a thread on MGS 4.....merged.

b-dan
that was a cool trailer i cant wait to see vamp again

Zen2nd
http://i2.tinypic.com/xm4j9v.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/xm4jgk.jpg

I think Raiden looks a lot better this time around. wink

Snake is really getting on but Ocelot with Liquid seem to look younger than Snake.

Raiden really has the skills this time around.

Plus the return of Meryl

IcePunk
Ocelot's still alive What the f**k?

Yay! Meryl and Raiden happy

Dayscribe
So Raiden is the Ninja this time around. Sweetness.

IcePunk
I need this game

Zen2nd
The extended trailer is out now on IGN

kamikz
Originally posted by IcePunk
Ocelot's still alive What the f**k?

Yay! Meryl and Raiden happy

It has not been so long as you belive. The clones that were made out of Big Boss were made when he was in his late fiftys, so all the brothers would age quickly at some time of their life. (Solidus did much quicker than the others for example, Snake in this one). From what we know, it could be 2 years. (I myself belive about 1 year because Olga's child is still only a baby....)

Superboy Prime
Awesome trailer. I must say I saw it coming Raiden becoming the new CN to get some respect in the american audience.

Raiden was skilled in MGS2 too. He simply lacked the motivation and needed to wake up from his fantasy world. Also having that fancy sword, CN -like- suit and heels has got to count for something.

I can only imagine what Meryl's involvement is in all of this. Could she be sent by the patriots? A gun of the patriot?

Is Snake's self stated mission to kill himself out of fear of being cloned/used in the same way his father and best friend were?

Could Roy be actually using Snake to get Meryl out of the war? Roy was quite deceiving the last time.

Is Snake standing in front of the Boss's grave? Big Boss's "grave" or his own grave?

Oh man...the questions...

*Passes out*

IcePunk
Arent the patriots dead? confused

SaTsuJiN
The part that got me interested was when snake put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger

meryl just fuggin rocks.. I loved her in MGS

IcePunk
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
The part that got me interested was when snake put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger that's the part that made me go "WTF!?!? You cant!!"

kamikz
We didn't see him pull the trigger did we? The screen just went red, not blood red, just red. (Because it was zooming in on the 4 in Metal Gear 4).

In another interview with Kojima he said that his predecessors will probably conitnue the series and that Snake would not die in this chapter. But it seems like that is all forgotten (especially since Snake is going to die in 6 months anyway). Snake has probably completed the mission before he does this (if he pulls the trigger). Snake is not a quitter and Colonel said himself, "your the only one who can do this".

This looks like the best Metal Gear ever for sure, and I hope it has a perfect ending....

Red Superfly
So glad Raiden is back.

Never saw the problem with him and the only reason he was so hated was because there was such a monumental bandwagon against him.

I hope we get to play as Ninja Raiden so we can watch all the Snake fanboys eat their words. The design and look of him is incredible.

It's funny how Raiden is now looking cooler than Snake. Excellent.

Snake so obviously didn't shoot himself. It's just making clear that Snake is on his way out in this one; he'll either die in the line of duty, or he'll kill himself when its over.

Cannot wait.

Alpha Centauri
I lived on MGS and MGS 2. Religiously, almost.

Had days off school when they came out. I got 3 and was just disappointed.

-AC

kamikz
I agree, I think Raiden has always been cool. But now, cooler than Snake? Not in a million years.....

I sure as hell hope we don't get to play as Raiden, and I doubt we will. Kojima said Raiden would not steal Snake's role anymore... If we would, it must be in some VR or something to do after the game has ended, not in the storyline.

Agreed, Snake did probably not shoot himself, or mabey that was a clip of the ending? Anyway, I don't belive Snake would ever give up before his mission, and if Liquid/Ocelot were still alive he would hunt them down, he said himself that he didn't want anything of his genes to live on, and was assigned to this mission as his last one....

Can't wait for this game....

IcePunk
Originally posted by IcePunk
Arent the patriots dead? confused

preysin
Im gettin this game

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by kamikz
We didn't see him pull the trigger did we? The screen just went red, not blood red, just red. (Because it was zooming in on the 4 in Metal Gear 4).

you didnt hear the gunshot go off?.. I must be deaf...

preysin
he did not shoot himself roll eyes (sarcastic)

did you see him pull the trigger? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SaTsuJiN
ok... if you saw someone walk around the corner with a gun.. and you heard a gunshot.. do you think that means they may have pulled the trigger?... signs point to.. YES!

raiden achieved coolness via his debut in this game... people didnt like raiden because metal gear series belongs to snake... plus he was extremely whiny and had no depth to him... but thats just my opinion

Zen2nd
Well I highly doubt that Snake blew is brains out in the trailer, I bet in the game somebody stops him before he does it.

Like Raiden or Meryl walks into the room and prevents him. Or the NANO technology in him prevents him from committing suicide.

kamikz
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
you didnt hear the gunshot go off?.. I must be deaf...

Konima has that kind of sound every time his logo or the name of the game comes up. Like, "blablablabla" BOM, "The Twin Snake's". Lol. There is a possibility that he will do it but I think it would be weird if he showed us the ending in a trailer. Snake could die in this game, but I doubt it is that way. Kojima has also said that Snake will not die in this game so his predecessors could continue the series. Mabey they find a cure to Foxdie?

Colonel said that the Patriots had a hand in this. The leaders that were in the "wise man committy" were dead, but the Patriots themselfs ruled everything. So no, they are most likley not dead...

Lol, the worst ending would be like, "This is my final mission" Bom (blows his brain out).
"Naomi Hunter enters"
- Snake we found a cure to Foxd.....

Zen2nd
For a sequel I would imagine they would make a clone out of Snake and codename him worm.

El_NINO
Originally posted by preysin
he did not shoot himself roll eyes (sarcastic)

did you see him pull the trigger? roll eyes (sarcastic)

He shoots himslef

Superboy Prime
He did pull the trigger, but there is no way to know if he actually shot himself or not. Don't take everything shown in trailers for granted, ne? Specially when it comes to Kojima and Metal Gear Solid. We're talking about the guy that managed to fool everyone into believing Snake would be playable throughout the entire Sons of Liberty game. The same guy that had many people debating if it was Solid Snake or Big Boss in the first Snake Eater trailer. Specially the same guy who made an entire game devoted to how the greater powers(himself when it comes to the games) can control media.

kamikz
How do you know it is not only sound effects, and it might be someone else pulling a trigger as well, doesen't necessarily have to be Snake.... But I agree with you on the rest.

Superboy Prime
You're right. Nothing actually confirms he did pull the trigger. All we have are suggestions from that evil misleading Kojima.

Gotta love him.

El_NINO
Apparently there is a 15 minute trailer from Konami and it shows in game footage.

(If this was posted before than sorry for posting again)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/video_player.html?id=d3IwlTCs5bsMuzE

kamikz
Just found this quote....

It has been revealed in a trailer at E3 2006 that Solid Snake only has 6 months to live. It also shows Solid Snake on the brink of committing suicide. However, Kojima has stated that Snake wouldn't die in this latest chapter of the series despite his old age and made no mention of the apparent suicide.

Seems like we are not going to loose Snake after all. Though he could change his mind....

Red Superfly
Just found this quote....

It has been revealed in a trailer at E3 2006 that Solid Snake only has 6 months to live. It also shows Solid Snake on the brink of committing suicide. However, Kojima has stated that Snake wouldn't die in this latest chapter of the series despite his old age and made no mention of the apparent suicide.

Seems like we are not going to loose Snake after all. Though he could change his mind....

Who cares? He'll probably get cloned again anyway and as long as there's a "Snake" around, it'll be fine. We had a totally diferent Snake in Metal Gear Solid 3 and that didn't matter.

kamikz
If it doesn't matter for you it doesn't matter for anyone?

And Snake would make sure his clones would not come back, so no, there probably won't be anymore Snake's....

Red Superfly
If it doesn't matter for you it doesn't matter for anyone?

And Snake would make sure his clones would not come back, so no, there probably won't be anymore Snake's....

Not saying that at all. It's just if needed, a new Snake could easily be found, but thats unlikely due to fact this is due to be the last of ANY Snake adventure. I can't wait this game.

kamikz
I get your point. Well I would miss the old Snake, but since a clone would be almost exactly him....

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EITHER....

Kaithen
sniff* sniff* poor little snaky

Superboy Prime
Bah. Cloning Snake would be disastrous given MGS's history of cloning. The reason all of Big Boss's clones aged at an accelerated rate was because they cloned him when he was old. Given how bad Snake looks and feels in MGS4 cloning him during that period would not be a smart idea. The clone would not last 2 months in my opinion. Besides cloning Snake to keep fans happy wouldn't be the most original idea. I'd rather play as a battle-hardened Raiden without his fancy new suit in the next tactical espionage action games.

kamikz
I'd rather find an explenation to Snake surviving, or the last games are based during those six months. The story is about Snake, giving Raiden the main part for the rest and tossing Snake away would not be good IMO.

Superboy Prime
I see your point. However Snake did talk about passing the torch at the end of MGS2. His war was not over then, but I believe he might pass the torch after this last adventure. From a story-telling standpoint passing the torch to Raiden is the most logical step. Kojima has stated this game would be the end of Metal Gear Solid. That doesn't mean we won't see new games based on the world of Metal Gear. Of all the soldiers in MGS fiction I'd like to see Snake dying at peace and not in the middle of a war/sealth mission #157. He deserves to rest. He has earned it more than anyone else. The perfect way for it go would be to have Snake fake his own death at the end of his mission and then spend his last months enjoying life to the fullest with Naomi, Meryl, Mei Ling and Rose in one massive non-stop orgy. Afterwards he can continue raising dog sleds and having those cigars like his old man back in the 60s.

PS - Besides Snake is already babbling and rambling like old people in this game. Can you imagine him whinning during his last month? Oh man.

MadMel
4 words..looking foward to it..

IcePunk
7 words: I am hungry, get me some food

kamikz
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I see your point. However Snake did talk about passing the torch at the end of MGS2. His war was not over then, but I believe he might pass the torch after this last adventure. From a story-telling standpoint passing the torch to Raiden is the most logical step. Kojima has stated this game would be the end of Metal Gear Solid. That doesn't mean we won't see new games based on the world of Metal Gear. Of all the soldiers in MGS fiction I'd like to see Snake dying at peace and not in the middle of a war/sealth mission #157. He deserves to rest. He has earned it more than anyone else. The perfect way for it go would be to have Snake fake his own death at the end of his mission and then spend his last months enjoying life to the fullest with Naomi, Meryl, Mei Ling and Rose in one massive non-stop orgy. Afterwards he can continue raising dog sleds and having those cigars like his old man back in the 60s.

PS - Besides Snake is already babbling and rambling like old people in this game. Can you imagine him whinning during his last month? Oh man.

Yeah I just saw the "Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser" video from MGS 3 Subsistence, where Rose tells Raiden "you can be the hero in another game". Then he answered "but MGS 4......."........ "There ill be a 5 won't there".....

It may be a joke but I don't know, and Solid stands for the graphic as said earlier, not for Snake so I bet the series could continue under that name.

Agree completly, Snake should not die in a war, but it would make a touchy/sad ending if he died like a dog, after all he has done....... I hope it gets the best ending a MG game have ever had, and I'm pretty sure it will...

Superboy Prime
Yes, I know solid stands for 3d and all of that, but Kojima has mentioned many times how he wished to end the Metal Gear Solid series. It's just us(the fans) that won't let him rest. I also believe deep down inside he is in denial. Chances are he will direct or produce other games based on MG IF he doesn't change his mind and makes yet another MGS.

Agreed. I believe Snake will have the best ending we've seen so far in the MGS universe; taking into consideration how amazing was Snake Eater's I just can't wait.

kamikz
I WANT IT NOW.... And I'm still waiting for Subsistence (saw the video on youtube.com). It's coming next month....

IcePunk
What about my food? confused

Red Superfly

Agree completly, Snake should not die in a war, but it would make a touchy/sad ending if he died like a dog, after all he has done....... I hope it gets the best ending a MG game have ever had, and I'm pretty sure it will...

Well, seeing as The Boss died as a "traitor", as did Big Boss, it could be a sign of things to come for Snake.

Snake doesn't NEED a heroic death to be a hero. Just like The Boss and Big Boss didn't before him. The player understands what sort of person they really are, and due to the tragic nature of many of the MGS characters, I can see Snake going out as a "traitorous terrorist" when the only people that know he was a hero would be the player, adding even more tragedy to the character.

Solid Snake could be public enemy number one at the end of the game, with his friends turning against him because he ends up in a shitty situation where he HAS to die as a "villain" to save the day. Maybe he'll bring his friends down with him. Maybe Big Boss will return and Snake will join him?

I reckon Snake will be fighting on the "wrong side" in order to save the day. Kinda like Jack Bauer in 24 has to. Imagine if he has to kill someone major in order to save the world? Like Jack had to kill Ryan Chapelle in order to save the world, what if Snake has to kill Otacon, the colonel, or even Meryl to do the same?

I cannot wait.

Superboy Prime
Just one thing...If Snake has to kill Otacon...

make sure to get some diapers.

Renamon
Just one thing...If Snake has to kill Otacon...

make sure to get some diapers. laughing i remember that from MGS1. hillarious you mentioned that no expression

kamikz
Well, seeing as The Boss died as a "traitor", as did Big Boss, it could be a sign of things to come for Snake.

Snake doesn't NEED a heroic death to be a hero. Just like The Boss and Big Boss didn't before him. The player understands what sort of person they really are, and due to the tragic nature of many of the MGS characters, I can see Snake going out as a "traitorous terrorist" when the only people that know he was a hero would be the player, adding even more tragedy to the character.

Solid Snake could be public enemy number one at the end of the game, with his friends turning against him because he ends up in a shitty situation where he HAS to die as a "villain" to save the day. Maybe he'll bring his friends down with him. Maybe Big Boss will return and Snake will join him?

I reckon Snake will be fighting on the "wrong side" in order to save the day. Kinda like Jack Bauer in 24 has to. Imagine if he has to kill someone major in order to save the world? Like Jack had to kill Ryan Chapelle in order to save the world, what if Snake has to kill Otacon, the colonel, or even Meryl to do the same?

I cannot wait.

Why would he? He always talks about the future and he would never turn, that much is clear. If he would do it to save the day...... Well I don't think he would come in such a situation. His objective is to kill Liquid/Ocelot, not join them. I don't think such a situation comes. Also, Snake got the recessive genes, apparently, he does not have the same means of thinking as Big Boss, he shrugs at the thought of Outer Heaven. But all this is of course my opinion so no one needs to say anything about it, but if Snake turns I would call that lame, if Big Boss comes back I'll poke my eyes out...

Superboy Prime
If Snake turns Kojima would be ignoring Snake's personality and character traits.

Red Superfly
If Snake turns Kojima would be ignoring Snake's personality and character traits.

Did I say his character would be betrayed by doing so? I never said Snake would betray HIMSELF. He'd still be the "good" Snake, but fighting on the wrong side for the greater good. It happens.

You can have a character fight on the "wrong side" and still have them as a character doing a greater good, still a "good guy". Snake is always put into shit situations, and this being the penultimate Solid Snake story, having him fighting both his friends and the villains would also make it more interesting.

We find out The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3 was really a hero, not a villain, not a traitor, but she went down in history as a terrorist and a traitor, because her mission REQUIRED her to do that. Same could happen to Snake.

In order to defeat the bad guys, he may end up having to join them. Kojima is well capable of doing the character justice. You should know Metal Gear always makes the characters and villains likable and tragic, Snake could end up being the most tragic of the lot.

Kojima has also spent the last couple of Metal Gear games blurring the line between good and evil, especially with Metal Gear Solid 3.

Snake always gets the job done. His mission may involve dying as a traitor, despite the fact he is truly a hero and a patriot. It's called "Guns Of The Patriots" which indicates there's something to do with the lineage of The Boss and Big Boss in there somewhere. Metal Gear Solid 3 was likely more than just a prequel, it was also a sign of things to come.

If you think Snakes just gonna kick everyones ass and then die in some Hollywood ending as the big hero, you obviously don't know anything about Metal Gear.

I wish people could read and open their minds a bit FFS.

Superboy Prime
Relax.

First I never said you said Snake would betray himself. I said Kojima would be ignoring his character's personality. But it doesn't really matter to me since it's his and he can do whatever he pleases with it.

I wish people weren't so quick to jump the gun when someone says something that disagrees with their point of view.

Superboy Prime
By the way that post you quoted wasn't directed at you, but Kamikz.

kamikz
I just don't get why Snake would change sides? Mabey he will for some strange reason, but he already has a mission, and Liquid/Ocelot would never join Snake, and vice versa. Sure, it's a possibility though...

Ritoshi
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vid_1524365.html

Red Superfly
Relax.

First I never said you said Snake would betray himself. I said Kojima would be ignoring his character's personality. But it doesn't really matter to me since it's his and he can do whatever he pleases with it.

I wish people weren't so quick to jump the gun when someone says something that disagrees with their point of view.

Wasn't really jumping the gun, what I said still applies. I was just saying it'd be cool to play as a good guy, but on the wrong side. Snake'd get put into a situation where he has to kill his friends, or have the deaths of millions on his conscious. That'd be a sweet little twist and seeing as Kojima loves to put Snake in the shittiest conditions possible, it's entirely plausable.

mattador
Cant wait! eek!

Dude, ive been on a strict diet of "snake" and "liberty" for about 2 months now. I think im gonna have to resort back to the original pretty soon blink

MadMel
laughing out loud..too bad im not getting a ps3 sad

MadMel
woops, double post

FG725
So....Raiden's wearing high heels in this just when he looked relatively cool

Supreme being
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/06/06/incredible-new-metal-gear-solid-4-trailer-will-make-you-cry-in-e/

Bicnarok
Hopefully Mech commander 3 will follow...

Superboy Prime
Metal Gear Solid: Halo Machinima

gdsMi9DNhIA

NVjSgTrn_5A

RwOdKJ4H_Fo

Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid: Halo Machinima

gdsMi9DNhIA

NVjSgTrn_5A

RwOdKJ4H_Fo confused

Superboy Prime