Grand Theft Auto IV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149698.html

H. S. 6
Niiice. w00t

LanceWindu
The graphics better be more substantially better than San Andreas...I'm tired of the blocky looking people and the clipping issues.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by LanceWindu
The graphics better be more substantially better than San Andreas...I'm tired of the blocky looking people and the clipping issues.

I'm sure it will be.

Is this absolutely, 100%, truly, permanently confirmed, though?

There was talk of GTA 4 being a 360 exclusive, but I still wasn't expecting it...

BackFire
Yeah, it's confirmed.

H. S. 6
Cool.

Any videos of it yet? Or is it still in development?

BackFire
Nothing yet.

LanceWindu
Update from Gamespot...

12:54: I get the official Rockstar Games announcement of Grand Theft Auto IV in my e-mail--it says that the game will be release simultaneously on Xbox 360 and PS3. Moore said it was coming to 360 first. What the...?

Sounds like it's not so exclusive afterall.

H. S. 6
Dammit, you beat me to it by half an hour... disgust

I just got finished reading the whole thing... stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Come to think of it, reading the text updates, and the one Ast posted, nowhere did it say that GTA IV was an Exclusive title for the 360. confused

H. S. 6
Lookie here.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149747.html

BackFire
Regardless of whether or not it's an exclusive, that's still a big kick in the nuts to Sony, they basically just lost their main Killer App. It will hurt them badly.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by BackFire
Regardless of whether or not it's an exclusive, that's still a big kick in the nuts to Sony, they basically just lost their main Killer App. It will hurt them badly.

Yessir. yes

AstroFan
Yep, now the two franchises I bought the PS2 for are 360 bound, GTA and Smackdown. Happy Dance

LanceWindu
Originally posted by AstroFan
Yep, now the two franchises I bought the PS2 for are 360 bound, GTA and Smackdown. Happy Dance

Microsoft proved themselves with the original XBox and they are just going to keep stealing customers away from Sony...they did that to me.

I was saying that if the PS3 impressed me enough I'd sell the 360 and get some extra cash to get a PS3, but that's not happening now.

H. S. 6
I now want a Rev... Wii over the PS3. yes

Sadly, $600 is ridiculously over my limit right now... sad

AstroFan
I cant wait to hear more about the Marketplace content. big grin

AstroFan
And Lana or some other Mod, could you please edit the title of this thread before some PS fanboy comes in here and rapes me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

WrathfulDwarf
At your service

AstroFan
*unclenches*

Thanks man. big grin

Koala MeatPie
Isn't Vice City GTA 4 and SA GTA 5?

BackFire
Those were considered spinoffs of GTAIII, side stories.

AstroFan
Thats what I always argued when someone discussed GTA4. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But this could mean they that are gonna take that next step from the mold they have with III/VC/SA.

H. S. 6
Good.

New characters, new city, some new gameplay mechanics...

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Isn't Vice City GTA 4 and SA GTA 5?

Once again, if I may...

To use this logic is flawed from before even GTA III.

You have:

GTA
GTA: London 1969
GTA II
GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas

By this logic GTA III should have been GTA IV.

WrathfulDwarf
Any speculations on where, when, and who will be the game about?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Any speculations on where, when, and who will be the game about?

Not yet.

IcePunk
Once again, if I may...

To use this logic is flawed from before even GTA III.

You have:

GTA
GTA: London 1969
GTA II
GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas

By this logic GTA III should have been GTA IV. London was more like an expansion rather than an new game

forumcrew
damn the game is October 2007. The logic on it being #4 is not wrong. Rockstar said a while back that GTA 4 would be an entire new game and it would have to wait for next gen consoles so it could do everything they had planned for it. THey said GTA 3 was basicly a big step up from 2, and vice city and san andreas were all off the same type of engine just different settings, but not really totaly new games, which is why they were not considered 4 and 5

LanceWindu
Originally posted by IcePunk
London was more like an expansion rather than an new game

Which is why it was never listed as GTA II, that's my whole point.

Vice City and San Andreas are the same way, they are expansions of GTA III.

Read my post again, that was an example of KMP's logic.

Koala MeatPie
Which is why it was never listed as GTA II, that's my whole point.

Read my post again, that was an example of KMP's logic.

Ha Ha Ha no expression

Tex
gta 4 is coming to ps3 aswell, its not a 360 exclusive.

Lord Evolution
wow thats bad news for sony hope they get through it LOl it would be funny if sony got a contract with bungie to have halo 3 on the ps3

If this turns into a war of words im gonna like it even more, its just gonna attract more gta fans, if there are any more thats needs to be attracted. but i would like if sony and M$ fought over rockstar, i think that Rockstar has done a great job with there games. i think this is gonna be straightened out within a few weeks, this wouldnt be the first time moored lied. i have a 360 and i love it but ive never enjoyed playin gta on the xbox so im gonna be gettin it on the ps3 but props to Moore for lyin big grin

Red Superfly

Not really. They are fully-fledged sequels.

Calling them expansions is crazy. They were both bigger than GTAIII, added more features etc.

GTA London is the the ONLY GTA expansion.

The names of the games aren't down to whether they consider them as sequels, they're down to what sounds good, and looks good.

GTA II - It suits the futuristic setting it had. The "2" indicates it's set after the first one. It works well to call it GTA2.

GTA III - New console, so far the series' standalone games have been named with numbers, plus it doesn't have an exotic setting to make people aware of, so therefore there would be no need to change it.

GTA - Vice City. Rockstar simply decided calling it "GTA4" would be boring and not give an indication of what the game was about.

GTA - San Andreas - follows the Vice City philosophy.

I expect the next GTA to have a subtitle, rather than a number.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Not really. They are fully-fledged sequels.

Calling them expansions is crazy. They were both bigger than GTAIII, added more features etc.

GTA London is the the ONLY GTA expansion.

The names of the games aren't down to whether they consider them as sequels, they're down to what sounds good, and looks good.

GTA II - It suits the futuristic setting it had. The "2" indicates it's set after the first one. It works well to call it GTA2.

GTA III - New console, so far the series' standalone games have been named with numbers, plus it doesn't have an exotic setting to make people aware of, so therefore there would be no need to change it.

GTA - Vice City. Rockstar simply decided calling it "GTA4" would be boring and not give an indication of what the game was about.

GTA - San Andreas - follows the Vice City philosophy.

agreed, the subtitles have been working theres no reason to go back to the number thing

forumcrew
people dont listen, even though Rockstar themselves explained why this game would be #4. the number thing is because its going to be a big leap into a new game again rather than totaly based off the same design as the previous game with just a different map and a couple added features.

Batazer
Sony is slowing dying.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Batazer
Sony is slowing dying.

what you mean

forumcrew
well seeing as sony has nothing to do with GTA4 it makes so much sense to say.

IcePunk
And the cost of ps3 is around 6000 kr which is about 650 dollars, they're are in desperate need for money

forumcrew
this thread has nothing to do with Sony but the system is 500 or 600 depending on what bundle you want. Sony is a huge company that extends WAY beyond the playstation they arnt desperate for money, the PS3 Costs a LOT of money to make and it will sell a TON of systems even at $600

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Yup!

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is due out later this year.

Basically the following are all part of the GTA III era:

GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
GTA: Advance
GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Vice City Stories

So, Grand Theft Auto IV will either be a new era or compilation of all the GTA's so far (pure speculation on my part)

forumcrew
your correct GTA IV is a new era rockstar was waiting for next-gen consoles to put out the next evolution of GTA which is why they waited to go to the # 4

jaden101
there is a mission on san andreas that i always thought was a bit of a clue to what GTAIV would bring

the mission when you go to the hotel to reunite the families and the cops raid the place...you then rescue sweet and escape in the car driven by big smoke...at the end of the mission you see the car smashing through an advertisment board/bill board with an asian woman on it and the slogan "a taste if things to come"

IceJaw
Originally posted by forumcrew
Sony is a huge company that extends WAY beyond the playstation they arnt desperate for money, the PS3 Costs a LOT of money to make and it will sell a TON of systems even at $600

You sure about that? barker

office jesus
Originally posted by BackFire

Sony's hurting enough as it is. People are already finding problems with the damned thing. Hope this gets them to learn their lesson. When it's not ready. DON'T FCKN LAUNCH THE SYSTEM.

BackFire
Originally posted by jaden101
there is a mission on san andreas that i always thought was a bit of a clue to what GTAIV would bring

the mission when you go to the hotel to reunite the families and the cops raid the place...you then rescue sweet and escape in the car driven by big smoke...at the end of the mission you see the car smashing through an advertisment board/bill board with an asian woman on it and the slogan "a taste if things to come"

Haha, that would be awesome. Get to beat up asian's and screw/kill asian hookers, weeeeeeee!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.