Thor Vs. Godzilla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
]***First of all, I would like to say that I think it was unfair that my "X-Men vs. Godzilla" thread was closed. X-Men and Godzilla both have or have had their own comic-book series'...It was a totally legit thread, a cool battle, and had many responses...so, I will try this again ...***

This time the King of the Monsters is facing off against the son of Odin...they have faced each other before briefly in "Godzilla" #24; while playing tug-o-war with the Empire State Building...there was no clear winner who was the stronger; the Empire State Building started to crumble like egg shells beneath the pressure!!!!!!

Thor also stated during the battle that Godzilla possibly possessed even more power than the Midgard Serpent...so that's saying something!!!!! So, what happens when Godzilla returns to New York and the god of Thunder wants a rematch?? No Avengers, No F.F., No X-Men....just a "god" against a "god"zilla...........

THE MIGHTY THOR VS. GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS

Marcellus
I think Thor can do it. unless he stands in front of Godzilla's mouth and scream's "kill me".

Too fast, probably just as strong and obviously smarter.

badabing
Thor wins. Godzilla gets taken down by numerous lightning strikes and then a final hammer blow to the head.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by badabing
Thor wins. Godzilla gets taken down by numerous lightning strikes and then a final hammer blow to the head.

I doubt the lightning would do anything more than piss Godzilla off...and also remember, Godzilla has an incredibly fast, accellerating healing factor thanks to his regenarative, nuclear "G"-cells....
In "What if" Vol.2 #25, Thor gets burned alive and killed while battleing Set, the serpent god...would Godzilla possibly do the same?

Redatom65
Gman burns him to a crisp

Marcellus
That is true, Godzilla heal's ridiculously fast, but Godzilla hasnt really fought an enemy who should know to go for the grey matter.

Godzilla could blast Thor out of the sky, the uber blast in "final wars" show's that much. but Thor should just zip into an ear canal really quick and destroy his noodle.

batman2505
post removed

badabing
Originally posted by batman2505
quote removed
Dude, it's past your bedtime and all your theads got CLOSED. laughing
You've just been pwnd by the Mods. Happy Dance

grey fox
Godzilla has a good chance , his Atomic breath ether burns or destroys most things it touches , hell if Thor starts to win Mothra and Kiryu will arrive with Anguiras and Gamera in tow.

Rick/Genis
Dude.... Godzilla isn't smart!? WHO SAID THAT!!!

WRONG! Godzilla is smarter than reed richards, dr strange, professor xavier, and tony stark COMBINED!!!! He just doesn't have the vocal cords humans do! Not to mention all his brain space has been taken up with fighting abilities! I swear it! It's in article b-612 of the Godzillas megalomania encyclopidia of all monsters and other fake things! I also swear that that's a real book! There is no way Thor can beat Godzilla!

Thor: A god

God: A supreme being

Godzilla: Add to said supreme being by eight million and you have HALF of what the word "Zilla" does to the Word "god"!

Seriously! I kid you not! Think about it! It's like Agoogle (I know that's spelled wrong but I have NO CLUE how to spell it and don't feel like going to dictionary.com)

Agoogle<Agoogle PLEX

A God< A GodZILLA

seriously! Please believe me!!! stick out tongue

(Okay, I've fooled around enough)

grey fox
Their is an actual Godzilla villain called Zilla

Rick/Genis
yeah but zilla is nothing without the god part...

King KAM
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Dude.... Godzilla isn't smart!? WHO SAID THAT!!!

WRONG! Godzilla is smarter than reed richards, dr strange, professor xavier, and tony stark COMBINED!!!! He just doesn't have the vocal cords humans do! Not to mention all his brain space has been taken up with fighting abilities! I swear it! It's in article b-612 of the Godzillas megalomania encyclopidia of all monsters and other fake things! I also swear that that's a real book! There is no way Thor can beat Godzilla!

Thor: A god

God: A supreme being

Godzilla: Add to said supreme being by eight million and you have HALF of what the word "Zilla" does to the Word "god"!

Seriously! I kid you not! Think about it! It's like Agoogle (I know that's spelled wrong but I have NO CLUE how to spell it and don't feel like going to dictionary.com)

Agoogle<Agoogle PLEX

A God< A GodZILLA

seriously! Please believe me!!! stick out tongue

(Okay, I've fooled around enough) dude hes telling the truth i read the comic myself.... no expression

grey fox
yeah but zilla is nothing without the god part...

True Zilla's the 1998 monster from the crappy 1998 'Godzilla'

The REAL Godzilla killed it in two hit's.

King KAM
Originally posted by grey fox
True Zilla's the 1998 monster from the crappy 1998 'Godzilla'

The REAL Godzilla killed it in two hit's. didnt hercules eff godzilla up?

Rick/Genis
I always figured he'd just step on him with one...

jinzin
Originally posted by King KAM
didnt hercules eff godzilla up?

no... there's a large general misconception that because hercules knocked godzilla down that that counted as a win.. this however is simply not true.. godzilla got right back up and started blasting everything in sight herc took cover and admitted that knocking godzilla down might not have been the best course of action for him to take... godzilla then proceeds to dodge a street thrown at him by herc that's thrown so fast it reaches escape velocity and then godzilla promptly starts beating down the champions and SHIELD simultaneously until he has a SEVER ADD moment calms down and decides to walk away from the fight like nothing happened...

and as for this fight, it already happened.. thor and godzilla were playing tug of war with the empire state building, thor compares godzilla to the mydgar serpent then gozilla proceeds to walk through him the avengers shield and a good portion of new york's finest superhero's before DECIDING to leave on his own accord.

Rick/Genis
See.... godzilla is Unbeatable!

I heard that Mole Man Tried to recruit him but Godzilla was like "B*tch, whaaaa? You fuggin WACK!" and walked away because he was bored!

He's destroyed a whole town because a kid opened a window! This guy is a badass to the EXTREME! Says so in that book I mentioned earlier!

He's the KING OF THE ****ING MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick/Genis
And by the way, that fight with Destroyah was SOOOOOOOOO PIS! Godzilla was Jobbing like CRAZY during that fight stick out tongue

jinzin
confused

he's lost it... sad

grey fox
Originally posted by jinzin
confused

he's lost it... sad

Say's the guy who thinks Wolvenom can beat Supes.

Rick/Genis
hahaha, you talking to me?

Well dude... I feel very strongly about Godzilla. You could EASILY say I'm a godzilla fanboy...... I'll make stuff up for him without feeling bad at all about it! So maybe it'd be best I don't participate in battles concerning godzilla wink (But I will anyway!)

jinzin
Originally posted by grey fox
Say's the guy who thinks Wolvenom can beat Supes.

technically I said wolvenom could stab supes and that wolvenom could call on an seemingly inexuastable amount of symbiotes to kill supes or take him over or what not.. and no one really gave me a decent enough reason to think otherwise.. but hey... to each his own.

jinzin
hahaha, you talking to me?

Well dude... I feel very strongly about Godzilla. You could EASILY say I'm a godzilla fanboy...... I'll make stuff up for him without feeling bad at all about it! So maybe it'd be best I don't participate in battles concerning godzilla wink (But I will anyway!)
laughing

you should go check out the godzilla vs. hulk thread.

AJ4LIFE
im a godzila fan to horay i hve a rewuest plz plz plz can anyone scan the comcis where godzilla takes on marvel plz i will love u forever

now i think big g can take him if most of marvel couldnt take him why should just thor

wow gozilla vs hulk im there

jinzin
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
im a godzila fan to horay i hve a rewuest plz plz plz can anyone scan the comcis where godzilla takes on marvel plz i will love u forever

now i think big g can take him if most of marvel couldnt take him why should just thor

wow gozilla vs hulk im there

exactly...

I'd post scans but that books in my classics collection which is stored up at my parent's house.. if I head down there anytime soon I'll grab the ish though.. I don't expect to go there for about the next 3 weeks or so if I can help it.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing

you should go check out the godzilla vs. hulk thread.

it shall be done!

AJ4LIFE
lol thanks jinzin

Nightstick
Thor and Godzilla actualy fought in a comic. Thor managed to knock him down(but he got right back up) and it noted that Godzilla had never felt pain like that before, like Thors hammer hit that is.

Rick/Genis
well then they lied! Godzilla doesn't feel pain! I know it because he told me stick out tongue

RUNMAN
Fun fact: as if his powers over the weather, otherworldly strength and god-like physical constitution weren't enough, as the 1987 family comedy Adventures In Babysitting illustrated, it just so happens that the mighty Thor also knows his way around an auto garage.

Rick/Genis
Psh! Godzilla INVENTED auto Garages! He also Invented the Wheel.... what a guy.

RUNMAN
He/It was also the first to split an atom right?

Mider
they already fought in comics havent they didnt all of marvel have to ban together just to beat godzilla

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by RUNMAN
He/It was also the first to split an atom right?

He not only split the atom, but he created a universe inside of it called "Utopia" right before he ATE it with his HUGE FREAKING MOUTH! The same mouth, by coincidence, he would use to EAT THOR AND CHEW HIM UNTIL HE'S NOT MOVING!!!!!!!!!

RUNMAN
Hahaha...

Rick/Genis
You want to know why Godzilla would win? I'll tell you why... it's one sentence.

Godzilla............. invented the pimp cane.

Thanos_6383
See.... godzilla is Unbeatable!

I heard that Mole Man Tried to recruit him but Godzilla was like "B*tch, whaaaa? You fuggin WACK!" and walked away because he was bored!

He's destroyed a whole town because a kid opened a window! This guy is a badass to the EXTREME! Says so in that book I mentioned earlier!

He's the KING OF THE ****ING MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL@Godzilla destroying a town because a kid opened a window.lololol laughing

juggernaut66666
thor with god force blast

olympian
"no... there's a large general misconception that because hercules knocked godzilla down that that counted as a win.."

True he wasent knocked out, just down. Hercule`s porpuse was to save Angel from being stomped, not to beat him.

- - -

"godzilla then proceeds to dodge a street thrown at him by herc that's thrown so fast it reaches escape velocity and then godzilla promptly starts beating down the champions and SHIELD simultaneously until he has a SEVER ADD moment calms down and decides to walk away from the fight like nothing happened..."

I only have the lifting Godzilla feat. You have scans of any of those?

Scoobless
Meh.... Thor would kick that scaly retard's ass

roughrider
Godzilla may possess more power than the Midgard Serpent?

roll eyes (sarcastic) That's a big load of crap, whatever writer came up with that.

The green G is just a radioactive tadpole, compared to the Serpent. And Thor has killed the Serpent at least once. Godzilla has great lobbyists giving him lots of props, but he goes down.

AJ4LIFE
yeh anyonne that can scan the whole marvel fight i will be yor b,itch for life

Laminator_X
If Thor fights intelligently, he could take (or at least drive-away) G-Monster. If he just comes out swinging, he'll loose. Remember that Thor only survived against Jormungandr (ironically) because he was under a No-Death curse from Hela at the time. Even in his full Uru armor his body was quite literally reduced to pulp.

Thor's best bet is to Godblast him through the eye or something. Even then, Gojira might still regenerate given time.

Tassadar
Godzilla regenerated from nothing but his heart once, lightning wouldnt do shit to him, and it would take a dozen godblasts to ko him, and Godzilla is a lot stronger than class 100
Thor is faster definitely, but he loses in every other category, even versatility, which is one of his strengths(when written well at least)
He would get fried by Gs breath eventually

The Fake Macoy
Godzilla's strong but Thor is a god, so he'll take this one.

Rick/Genis
Thor is God but Godzilla is GODZILLA!!!!

When will you people listen!? Godzilla cannot be defeated, he is the smartest creature in all the Universe. One time he Threw Up and Thanos came out!

Godzilla is Class 32,758,932,475,439,280,570,439,875,342,908,753,498
,573,498... SERIOULY!!!

Eight Million Godblasts would make Godzilla Burp a little bit. Why do you people even question godzillas power!?

Comicbook_kid

When will you people listen!? Godzilla cannot be defeated, he is the smartest creature in all the Universe. One time he Threw Up and Thanos came out!

,573,498... SERIOULY!!!

Eight Million Godblasts would make Godzilla Burp a little bit. Why do you people even question godzillas power!?

stick out tongue Tell em' like it is Rick/Genis ^ laughing out loud thumb up yes

Doctor SKank
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
]***First of all, I would like to say that I think it was unfair that my "X-Men vs. Godzilla" thread was closed. X-Men and Godzilla both have or have had their own comic-book series'...It was a totally legit thread, a cool battle, and had many responses...so, I will try this again ...***

This time the King of the Monsters is facing off against the son of Odin...they have faced each other before briefly in "Godzilla" #24; while playing tug-o-war with the Empire State Building...there was no clear winner who was the stronger; the Empire State Building started to crumble like egg shells beneath the pressure!!!!!!

Thor also stated during the battle that Godzilla possibly possessed even more power than the Midgard Serpent...so that's saying something!!!!! So, what happens when Godzilla returns to New York and the god of Thunder wants a rematch?? No Avengers, No F.F., No X-Men....just a "god" against a "god"zilla...........

THE MIGHTY THOR VS. GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS

Any scans ? smile

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Doctor SKank
Any scans ? smile

Unfortuately, no...I have the comic, but not a scanner. It's an awesome issue and an even more awesome battle....Godzilla battles Thor, the Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D., the Avengers, and even Spidey shows up!! Nobody can even slow Godzilla down...until a small boy with a telepathic link to Godzilla convinces him to stop fighting and go back into the sea....but I wish someone would show some scans from this issue on here. It is truly one of my most favorite moments in Marvel history...smile Especially when Godzilla blasts a very cocky Johnny (Human Torch) Storm across the sky with his fire blast....

jinzin
like I said.. give me a few weeks and I'll have the scans up and running.

grey fox

,573,498... SERIOULY!!!

People question what they don't understand

Psyquis52
Godzilla is invincible! Godzilla made post it notes!

He can't be beaten. (unless Thor has a bottle of bleach, but he doesn't so shutup)

Godzilla eats him and then gets the runs.

AJ4LIFE
if somone would post the fight it would help but anyway was big g trying to actully kill them were they his targets, if they became his targets he would kill them or if they were just nm

jinzin
no in the marvel comics it's pretty clearly indicated that godzilla just has fits of anger but then subsides to some pretty serious ADD moments I'll post an example of this later too.

Psyquis52
This is true. Godzilla definately has ADD but when you're as big as him you find there aren't a lot of things that keep your attention. Even destruction gets tiring...when everything is flattened. Speaking of which, Thor pancakes sound good right now.

Hey Gojira! Would you be kind enough to smash me some Thor pancakes?

*Gets blown straight to hell*

joesha28
one things for sure, Thor will love this match.

Psyquis52
This is true.

Rick/Genis
Thor won't love this match because Godzilla will make him feel like a Sissy Girl!

I heard the other day he pulled Thor's pants down in front of a group of cheerleaders!

Psyquis52
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Rick/Genis
True Story..

Psyquis52
You totally disarmed me that time.

Rick/Genis
Hahahaha what do you mean?

juggernaut66666
thor wins with god force blast it effected even galactus so godzilla dies

Psyquis52
Thor won't love this match because Godzilla will make him feel like a Sissy Girl!

I heard the other day he pulled Thor's pants down in front of a group of cheerleaders!

That's what I mean.

It's 100% disarming. It's like having someone call you stupid and you respond, "Easy to Climb!"

Nobody knows what to say next.

Rick/Genis
Yeah but Godzilla Taught Galactus how to fight... obviously he was ashamed of Galactus that day!

AJ4LIFE
rick u r getting stupid mybe u shouldnt be leader i wish i voted for somone else

joesha28

Yeah! And Thor castrated him with his hammer for that.

Rick/Genis
Hahahahaha.... petty human. You go on believing petty lies like Thor being able to cause any damage at all to godzilla.. No chance in hell, son... no chance in hell.

Magic_attack
I saw someone wanted some images, and I had a few free minutes. I hope you enjoy.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1953/godzilla003079kg.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5594/godzilla003084du.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8762/godzilla003093rj.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3081/godzilla003133qc.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9386/godzilla003158zd.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8614/godzilla23094lk.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5783/godzilla23100eb.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/508/godzilla23159bg.jpg

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5191/godzilla23167lr.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7946/godzilla23173us.jpg

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9416/godzilla024049uk.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7358/godzilla024060ms.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1029/godzilla024070yl.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8163/godzilla024087et.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7085/godzilla024097wq.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9181/godzilla02410118it.jpg

AJ4LIFE
can u scan the whole thing or if u dont do u know where to get them

Magic_attack
U want me to send them to you in a zip file? Do you have a comic viewer?

superman41082
Thor's too strong. He'll whack him in the face a few times with Mjolner and Godzilla goes down. The bigger they are the harder they fall. I'd feel sorry for Godzilla here guys.........

AJ4LIFE
huh i dont know can u like pput them in imageshack or somthing

badabing
Thor would pimp slap Godzilla whilst drinking his Asgardian mead.

AJ4LIFE
nah

badabing
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
nah
YES! mad

stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
WRONG BADA!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WRONG YOU ALL ARE!! HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE SAY THIS!?!!?! mad

Godzilla has the entire multiverses power in his pinky!! He is a 12th dimensional imp and crosses continuity whenever he feels like it! He punched a hole through time and went back in time to teach his old self all the things he aquired along the way and did that over and over again so that by the time he finally grew up he was the ultimate being of all time! He taught the presence how to become a god and he taught Galactus how to eat! He created agamotto out of his nail clippings! He Judged The Living Tribunal and found him worthing to BECOME a judge! He created Spawn by peeing! He is the Ultimate!!! How many times do I have to say that!? stick out tongue

Watch Juggernaut6666 come in here and say I'm not funny..

badabing
WRONG BADA!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WRONG YOU ALL ARE!! HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE SAY THIS!?!!?! mad

Godzilla has the entire multiverses power in his pinky!! He is a 12th dimensional imp and crosses continuity whenever he feels like it! He punched a hole through time and went back in time to teach his old self all the things he aquired along the way and did that over and over again so that by the time he finally grew up he was the ultimate being of all time! He taught the presence how to become a god and he taught Galactus how to eat! He created agamotto out of his nail clippings! He Judged The Living Tribunal and found him worthing to BECOME a judge! He created Spawn by peeing! He is the Ultimate!!! How many times do I have to say that!? stick out tongue

Watch Juggernaut6666 come in here and say I'm not funny..
Mider>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ricke/Genis
Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Godzilla

AJ4LIFE
yor not know its annoying im starting to dislike godzilla

jgiant
but u are godzilla

Rewmac
Odinforce or Godforce Blast...Godzilla looses badly...What is this Godzilla obsession here on KMC??

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Rewmac
Odinforce or Godforce Blast...Godzilla looses badly...What is this Godzilla obsession here on KMC??

Godzilla has just as much right to be on this forum as the next character....he has had several comic series in the past, so he's a totally legit character. Now, if you want to talk about "obsession", what about all of the Doomsday, Juggernaut, and Hulk threads on here....now that's "obsession"....

bherrle
Can someone just tell me which comics this fight bwteen Godzilla and the Marvel heroes takes place in so I can buy them?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by bherrle
Can someone just tell me which comics this fight bwteen Godzilla and the Marvel heroes takes place in so I can buy them?

Sure, my pleasure....The Champions make a guest appearance in Godzilla #3 (1977). It's the issue where Hercules topples Godzilla over and saves the Angel from stomping on him....

But the big battle between him and the Avengers, F.F., S.H.I.E.L.D., etc...starts in Godzilla #23 and ends in Godzilla #24 (1979)...which is the last issue in the series. It's an awesome battle and one of my favorite issues of all time.... cool Definately track you down a copy of it if you can...it's worth it.

Rick/Genis
What godzilla obsession!? Godzilla is so badass! And it's only in jest that I pretend to make godzilla put himself on such a high pedistal... In a way, it's me mocking fanboys... possibly......

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!

Godzilla was once told by preacher to kill himself and he laughed!!

He laughed right before he tore preachers head clean off!!

olympian
"Sure, my pleasure....The Champions make a guest appearance in Godzilla #3 (1977). It's the issue where Hercules topples Godzilla over and saves the Angel from stomping on him....

But the big battle between him and the Avengers, F.F., S.H.I.E.L.D., etc...starts in Godzilla #23 and ends in Godzilla #24 (1979)...which is the last issue in the series. It's an awesome battle and one of my favorite issues of all time.... Definately track you down a copy of it if you can...it's worth it"

What happened between issue 3 and 23? I tought the fight with the Marvel heroes was one after the other.

Marvel-knight
i say godzilla steps on him befor he can do anything

Rick/Genis
good man, Marvel Knight.... good man..

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by olympian
"Sure, my pleasure....The Champions make a guest appearance in Godzilla #3 (1977). It's the issue where Hercules topples Godzilla over and saves the Angel from stomping on him....

But the big battle between him and the Avengers, F.F., S.H.I.E.L.D., etc...starts in Godzilla #23 and ends in Godzilla #24 (1979)...which is the last issue in the series. It's an awesome battle and one of my favorite issues of all time.... Definately track you down a copy of it if you can...it's worth it"

What happened between issue 3 and 23? I tought the fight with the Marvel heroes was one after the other.

Well, a bunch of stuff....like Godzilla meeting and fighting a bunch of other monsters and creatures, getting chased down by S.H.I.E.L.D. and Dr. Demonicus and his lackies, getting sent into space, and getting shrunken down by Hank Pym's shrink gas and fighting everything from the F.F. to sewer rats......but my favorite story started in issue #23 and ended in #24...when he battles the F.F., Avengers, and S.H.I.E.L.D....those two issues are awesome!!!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid

My main pet peeve about things like this is that people just assume because they have comics that it's allowed. Assuming that blatently reveals that you've never read the forum rules....at least not closely. Yeah, Godzilla has a few comics. (He would also get owned by Thor. Midgard Serpent = Godzilla x 100).

But to be considered acceptable for this forum, it has to be 'primarily' a comic character. No one would argue that Godzilla is more known for his comics than his movies. And about 95% of peoples' knowledge of him is drawn for other medias.

Unfair? Maybe. But I have to draw the line somewhere or we'd have Care Bears vs. Punky Brewster (both had comics) and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.