Blue Dragon RPG from S.Enix H.S guy only on 360

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ritoshi
Ahh, school won't let me post a link but if someone is kind enough to go to Ign.com and type in Blue Dragon then post a link will be cool

Ritoshi
Nevermind http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/728/728023.html

Ritoshi
Where are all my Rpg whores hmmm

Ritoshi
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/638/638410/blue-dragon-20050802013527401.jpg

Yeah, the guy that drew Dbz, and Dragon quest is drawing for this one eek!

LanceWindu
no expression

Ritoshi
Originally posted by LanceWindu
no expression ?

LanceWindu
It means stop posting so much in a row without adding anything to the thread. Give people time.

SaTsuJiN
if its super windu brothers... where is the other windu brother?...

I'm kind of tired of akira toriyamas artwork... they're starting to look like some of his older characters

LanceWindu
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
if its super windu brothers... where is the other windu brother?...

I'm kind of tired of akira toriyamas artwork... they're starting to look like some of his older characters

When you were playing SMB, did you always have both Mario and Luigi on the screen at the same time? No. stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
Last I checked Blue Dragon was not coming from Square Enix.

Edit: Oh you meant from the guy that once worked in Squaresoft. Got it now, my bad.

H. S. 6
Did I see H. S. in the thread title?

Ritoshi
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Did I see H. S. in the thread title? lol it's the Guys that made it eek!

Ritoshi
Trailer http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/728/728023/vid_1497436.html

Ricodrayz
New Blue Dragon Trailer http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/728/728023/vid_1688322.html

Kayne Archeron
Hironobu Sakagutchi, he's making this game along with the rest of the crew of his new 3rd party game developing company, MistWalker.
they're also the ones making Lost Odyssey, which looks so sweet

dirkdirden
The game might be good but it lost me when I read that you characters don't fight they summon dragons out of there backs to fight for them sounds little dumb to me, also it might just be too little kiddy for me. I'll probably buy it but I'll have to read extensive reviews of the game before I do.

To me it just looks like they are using RPG legions Akira Toriyama and Nobuo Uematsu to try and create a RPG market for Xbox360. Hironobu Sakaguchi is mad because he is the FORMER square president. Hironobu is the man responsible for the HORABLE movie that was Final Fantasy Spirits within, and was shortly fired after that. BOOOO this man.

The only positive aspects that miswalker has is that Hironobu stole 2 square employee's Daisuke Fukugawa and Hiroshi Arai. Don't know if they will be able to pull of a good RPG on there first try. I am skeptical but we will see.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by dirkdirden
The game might be good but it lost me when I read that you characters don't fight they summon dragons out of there backs to fight for them sounds little dumb to me, also it might just be too little kiddy for me. I'll probably buy it but I'll have to read extensive reviews of the game before I do.

To me it just looks like they are using RPG legions Akira Toriyama and Nobuo Uematsu to try and create a RPG market for Xbox360. Hironobu Sakaguchi is mad because he is the FORMER square president. Hironobu is the man responsible for the HORABLE movie that was Final Fantasy Spirits within, and was shortly fired after that. BOOOO this man.

The only positive aspects that miswalker has is that Hironobu stole 2 square employee's Daisuke Fukugawa and Hiroshi Arai. Don't know if they will be able to pull of a good RPG on there first try. I am skeptical but we will see.

i still don't get why people complain so much about Spirits Within. i didn't see anyone complaining when FF7/FF8 had sci-fi elements.

that makes alot of sense, booing the grandfather of all Final Fantasy and all no expression

Blax_Hydralisk
So.. bump?

Did this game come out yet?

Morridini
Came out a while ago.
And even longer ago the demo came.

I downloaded the demo a long time ago, and I was extremely disappointed, the entire game seemed like utter rubbish when I played the demo. Combat was terrible, whole game was built up on grinding so you can get experience points to be strong enough to fight the bosses (had enough of grind through WoW to be bothered grinding 24/7 in a singleplayer RPG).

And then I heard it got pretty bad reviews everywhere so I knew I wasn't the only one who felt like this.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ricodrayz

Yeah, the guy that drew Dbz, and Dragon quest is drawing for this one eek!

and also chrono trigger.

Originally posted by Morridini
whole game was built up on grinding so you can get experience points to be strong enough to fight the bosses (had enough of grind through WoW to be bothered grinding 24/7 in a singleplayer RPG).

God your a idiot getting Exp points to level up thus getting stronger is part of any bloody rpg.....

If you don't like that then don't bother going near any rpg game at all.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Kazenji
and also chrono trigger.

God your a idiot getting Exp points to level up thus getting stronger is part of any bloody rpg.....

If you don't like that then don't bother going near any rpg game at all. I think he meant the grinding was the main part of it and IMO that's pretty stupid, story should come first.

Morridini
Originally posted by Kazenji

If you don't like that then don't bother going near any rpg game at all.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
A good RPG would integrate the grinding into missions or necessary encounters, in BD you have to to run around hoping for respawns so you can grind, try to find every little being so you can crush it for exp. The amount of grind needed is extremely overdone, they should cut down the exp needed should be lowered by 500 times.

Ushgarak
Well, odd that you mention a Chrono game, as Chrono Cross was very much NOT like that, despite being an RP game, and was the better for it.

Lana
A good RPG would integrate the grinding into missions or necessary encounters, in BD you have to to run around hoping for respawns so you can grind, try to find every little being so you can crush it for exp. The amount of grind needed is extremely overdone, they should cut down the exp needed should be lowered by 500 times.

Oddly enough, I've heard that it's ridiculously easy to level up in this game. Certainly much much easier to level up than in a Final Fantasy.

Anyway, I want this game, whenever I get a 360 I'll certainly be getting it.

Morridini
Maybe the first levels, but the levels in the demo was a terrible thing to play through.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Where are all my Rpg whores hmmm Lol...

By the way, this is by SE? All I saw was Microsoft Studios on the box cover of this game. confused

Lana
Maybe the first levels, but the levels in the demo was a terrible thing to play through.

Well I think I'll trust someone who's got 20 hours of gameplay on the game so far.

Originally posted by shin_gear
Lol...

By the way, this is by SE? All I saw was Microsoft Studios on the box cover of this game. confused

No, it's not by SE, but someone who worked for SE worked on this game.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Lana
No, it's not by SE, but someone who worked for SE worked on this game. Thank you. ermmhug

Morridini
Originally posted by Lana
Well I think I'll trust someone who's got 20 hours of gameplay on the game so far.

Of course you should, I have after all only tried the demo. All I am saying is that the demo was really terrible and made it seem like a pretty crappy game, and that after I checked some reviews I guess the demo was a good example of the overall game.

By the two RPGs that have been released lately (of which I have tried both demos) I would rather go for Eternal Sonata.

Kazenji
A good RPG would integrate the grinding into missions or necessary encounters,.

First of all not sure what you mean grinding i have'nt heard of that term before...

don't worry i know now.

And odd you did'nt look properly because i said chrono trigger not chrono cross.

Ushgarak
Errr, that's meaningless, I did look properly, and my point in absolutely no way depends on you not having said Trigger. Do read my post more carefully.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Errr, that's meaningless, I did look properly, and my point in absolutely no way depends on you not having said Trigger. Do read my post more carefully.

Actually i did read your post and all i saw was chrono cross, so i assume you read my post wrong

who cares anyway don't feel like getting into a pissing match.

Ushgarak
Well if 'all you saw' was that then you clearly did not read it right,

The point is very much that what you said is always a part of RP games... is not, and major RPs have done very well with not using such a mechanic at all.

So it is perfectly legitimate to want to play a computer RP, yet not like grinding.

Lana
Well, I've been playing this and really, I do love the game so far. The Shadows are really neat, and I like that black magic is actually not underpowered (Kluke is by far my strongest characters). Also, leveling is, just as I'd been told, very easy. I'm already over-leveled. Waiting for respawns isn't a problem at all as most of the time so far monsters just pop out of the ground all over the place.

Also, setting up monster fights is just fun.

But yes. I definitely think it's a very good game, if not a lot easier than I'd usually like. But it's also a lot of fun so it works. I can easily see myself ending up with 100+ hours of gameplay with it.

Ozone
Lana, do you know where I can view some videos of this game?

It sounds fun.

Lana
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2302.html

There's some there.

Ozone
Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.