The worst tactician EVER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
I say Naga Sadow wink

He REALLY ****ed up!

Razielim
Sadow was a complete and utter idiot, but there are probably people far worse than him.

Jonathan Mark
In all fairness I doubt Sadow was expecting Gav to betray him...

kamikz
Mace Windu didn't impress me at Geonosis, that's for sure, but I wouldn't go so far to say worst ever......or would I?

Captain REX
Which part of Geonosis? Because 200 Jedi dying is pretty horrid.

Blaxican Style
I thought they sent 200, meaning they had like,m 19 left.

starwarsfreak34
General Veers... i mean, come on! those rebel speeders are like nats on a bantha's hide! Just swat the f**kers! smile

zephiel7
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
In all fairness I doubt Sadow was expecting Gav to betray him...

But you will concur that only a fool bases his entire chance of winning on one single tactic. Illusions.

Contigencies are necessary should the first plan fail. Something to fall back on. If Sadow were even a decent tactician, he would have realized this.

systemshock2
Qui-Gon Jinn, since he was practically the antithesis of a tactician. According to the movie and some excerpts in the novel, he never liked to plan things out methodically, always instead opting to go into situations headfirst and seeing how things work out from there.

Janus Marius
Mace Windu shows the worst case of tactical judgment when he gets his jedi surrounded and owned. He also fails to achieve his objective of capturing the Separatist leaders and Count Dooku.

This has to be the most ignorant statement I've seen all day. Naga Sadow was able to manipulate three armies on three different planets, 90% of armies of thousands which were his controlled illusions that were able to defeat Republic forces (Coruscant nearly collapsed) with his MIND.

Sadow's feat of mass illusion and tactical overwhelming trumps some of the finest examples of battle meditation and methodical planning we see in the entire saga. Hell, he came closer to absolute ownage than anyone save perhaps the Vong. And he just did it all with his mind. If his tactics sucked and he was an idiot, up must be down in your world.

Razielim
He had the immense power to create a mass amount of tangible illusions. Whether the illusions managed to put up a fight through pure numbers, or through some sort of "tactical genius" is unspecified.

These illusions managed to "push back" X amount of soldiers on three planets until the dude he didn't take good enough care of ruins everything. His empire was too frail (far too trusting on betrayal, not united enough to be effective). His premature attack on the Republic lead to the fall of the Sith Empire. Kressh had the right idea.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Razielim
He had the immense power to create a mass amount of tangible illusions. Whether the illusions managed to put up a fight through pure numbers, or through some sort of "tactical genius" is unspecified.

These illusions managed to "push back" X amount of soldiers on three planets until the dude he didn't take good enough care of ruins everything. His empire was too frail (far too trusting on betrayal, not united enough to be effective). His premature attack on the Republic lead to the fall of the Sith Empire. Kressh had the right idea.

UNfortunately, your idea or opinion on what was a solid plan is pretty much moot. Sadow was a few short hours away from crippling the Republic and allied forces, and if you think he did that by piling on tons of worthless guards without any tactical or strategic thinking, you need to get your head examined.

Lightsnake
Sadow's entire planned hinged on illusions though and he made a human city kid his second in command with full access to the ships and fleets and decision making.

Sadow used the belief of his enemies as his main weapon.

Deception
Well in a fairness, Sadow didn't plan out his attack too well, it was effective but there were far too many flaws and he did launch his attack prematurely.

Brotz
Naga Sadow, while he didn't plan his attack well, he had managed to manipulate almost the entire Sith Empire into following him and rallying its military to attack the Republic. His mistake was not watching Gav Daragon and letting his meditation sphere get damaged. Sadow still managed to cover his own retreat. He isn't the worst tactician ever, he just made one key mistake to a strategic invasion.

Admiral Ozzel is a better example of a bad tactician, considering that he made a miscalculation that others would not appear to have made. Many Imperial officers weren't of the finest quality, but neither were the Separatists. Geonosians don't make good tacticians. Sun Fac didn't run until Clone Commandos were shooting at him, and why he let his starfighter sit there while RC-1207 shot him down, I have no idea. Another Geonosian, Gizor Dellso, fell too easily to the 501st, which apparently took minimal casualties. Darth Vader wasn't even on the ground himself.

A classic example of a Separatist screwup, Commander Merai's attack on Kamino, who, didn't just poorly plan his attack, he didn't plan his attack at all, and he was "considered one of the greatest Calamari commanders of his time."

Cydon Prax, judging by his personality, seemed to have great trouble as a tactician and did much better as a brute.

Now, how about bad Jedi tacticians? Let's see here, Odan-Urr, his Jedi Assemblies didn't prove very effective in guiding the Jedi anywhere toward fighting the dark side, in fact, at Deneba, they got alot of Jedi killed and secured the destiny of Ulic Qel-Droma. Also, Odan-Urr did not have a great plan for defending his Great Library on Ossus, which resulted in his death and indirectly, the destruction of his Library. Most Jedi preserve things after death, but the only thing Odan-Urr preserved was the Jedi Code, which ultimately led to war and the virtual destruction of the Jedi Order twice. He said himself, he's not a good planner, he's just good at reading books.

Who else? Daakman Barrek, for all of his education and experience, led his "elite taskforce" to one of the Republic's/Jedi's worst defeats during the Clone Wars, His distress call, while successful, cost him his life, and his death was in vain. Had he survived, his padawan might not have ran into the open and got himself killed. The Jedi could have possibly held a little bit longer against Grievous. His padawan, Sha'a Gi, is definitely an example of one of the worst officers of the Grand Army of the Republic. I don't even see why they allowed him to have a commission.

Lightsnake
B'sith Vorrik, or Lon Isoto...worst tacticians EVER

Count Kent
Originally posted by zephiel7
But you will concur that only a fool bases his entire chance of winning on one single tactic. Illusions.

Contigencies are necessary should the first plan fail. Something to fall back on. If Sadow were even a decent tactician, he would have realized this.

Great point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.