Galactus vs. Arishem the Judge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Galactus

vs.

Arishem the judge

no outside help, Eternity commands them to fight.

the Darkone
I say galactus.

Priest
galactus with little problems

Darth_Erebus
Galactus at normal power or higher would win this.

KillAll
any proof? i've never seen galactus to be on a level of celelstials..

thedude1948
Galactus isnt on their level he is above them.

KillAll
any proof of said statement?

thedude1948
It is generally accepted that Galactus is higher than the Celestials. What has the Celestials done to be put on a higher level than Galactus?

harri
galactus man stick out tongue

harri
helo by the way

tru-marvell
So then u guys are saying that Odin is not even worthy to clean Galactus's boots and helmet horns? I strongly disagree...and as soon as my boss leaves I'm sure I can find proof that a celestial is at least equal to normal Galactus reading

grey fox
Originally posted by tru-marvell
So then u guys are saying that Odin is not even worthy to clean Galactus's boots and helmet horns? I strongly disagree...and as soon as my boss leaves I'm sure I can find proof that a celestial is at least equal to normal Galactus reading

Logic has you by the short and haries Tru-marvell

Celestials , while powerful. Are eternities bitches. Galactus at full power is on the same standing ground as Eternity.

Stupid Rookie
Wait, are we saying full power G? Problem with Galactus is his power level varies so much. Full Power he can beat every Celestial. Normal, I always figured he was about the same as a strong Celestial.

sexyking
Galactus wins this. Good thread by the way

galan7777777
big g ftw here, as long as he is at his normal powered level

Kid Kurdy
Galactus full power my ass. That's something we almost never see, so I guess we are talking about the regular Galactus.

You know, the one who fights Quasar and the Fantastic Four and dr. Strange and Thanos.

A Celestial - any Celestial - can kill the ones mentioned above with only a thought. So based on feats, I definitely vote for Arishem.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Galactus full power my ass. That's something we almost never see, so I guess we are talking about the regular Galactus.

You know, the one who fights Quasar and the Fantastic Four and dr. Strange and Thanos.

A Celestial - any Celestial - can kill the ones mentioned above with only a thought. So based on feats, I definitely vote for Arishem. u talk about galactus like those are the most powerful characters he has ever battled........

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by galan7777777
u talk about galactus like those are the most powerful characters he has ever battled........
I'll put it this way : Galactus has too many low showings, Celestials don't.

golem370
Beings that the Celestials made

Godstalker- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godalk.htm

Eternals- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eternals

Skrulls- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gatherer.htm

Deviants- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviants

Replicoid- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/repcod.htm

galan7777777
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I'll put it this way : Galactus has too many low showings, Celestials don't. so beating a full powered tyrant is a low showing?

golem370
I believe imo that Arishem is equal to Galactus could go ether way who is stronger then Dreaming Celestial and is dwarfed by Exitar in power which mean I believe Galactus is lower then Exitar atleast in 616

golem370
so beating a full powered tyrant is a low showing?

I thought Tyrant beat Galactus?

galan7777777
Originally posted by golem370
I thought Tyrant beat Galactus? here ya go its a cool fight:
1.http://img158.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...alactus14jn.jpg
2.http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...alactus27ey.jpg

Zahit
In Earth X, it was shown that one Celestial is not on Galactus's level,
but several of them can take on Galactus. Now I know this is not
in 616 continuity, but it is the only example of a Galactus/Celestial
confrontation that I know of. So for lack of any other examples,
I would assume that Galactus is more powerful than one Celestial.
It has been stated that Galactus is the third in the trinity of
Eternity - Death - Galactus. That's a pretty high stature.

although Arishem does have some mad skillz:

golem370
Links are no good for me Galan

galan7777777
Links are no good for me Galan hold on....

Sub_Mariner
try these:
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/...t0203ix8yo4.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/...ant04zn2zt0.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/...ant05yk6id3.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/...ant06zo1ge4.jpg

You copy and pasted them from somewhere in a thread, no?

You copied the ... and not the full URL bit. smile

golem370
I really doubt that even at full power Galactus is an equal to Eternity what does he represent I mean there Love,Hate,Chaos,Order,Time,Space and others I guess. What does he represent? Celestials go around and cleanse planets of unworthy life but really the only thing Galactus does is feed. Celestials speed up evolution process where Galactus just destroys. Where was Galactus when Franklin created his own Universe the Celestials were helping him and even gave him a ultimatum to choose which universe to keep are they would choose for him.

galan7777777
Links are no good for me Galan here ya go, they should work now:
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/2537/tyrant0203ix8yo4.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3019/tyrant04zn2zt0.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3292/tyrant05yk6id3.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5706/tyrant06zo1ge4.jpg

galan7777777
I really doubt that even at full power Galactus is an equal to Eternity what does he represent I mean there Love,Hate,Chaos,Order,Time,Space and others I guess. What does he represent? Celestials go around and cleanse planets of unworthy life but really the only thing Galactus does is feed. Celestials speed up evolution process where Galactus just destroys. Where was Galactus when Franklin created his own Universe the Celestials were helping him and even gave him a ultimatum to choose which universe to keep are they would choose for him. without big g the universal balance is thrown off, he is just as necessary as eternity,infinity, and death for the universe to function properly

golem370
Thanks for the scan. But again what role does he play

galan7777777
Thanks for the scan. But again what role does he play who?

Horrificus
There is more to G than the dopey dude that keeps getting knocked around by Marvel's most popular characters.

He is the top of the food chain. Where have the Celestials shown that they have more power than G? At the most, Exitar is used for wiping planets clean. And even then, it was shown in a Thor book, they only transplant the inhabitants of failed worlds, to other worlds.
Hell, WE can almost do that now.
Galactus has shown he can just chill out at the edge of a Black Hole, devour worlds, destroy galaxies.
I think of the Celestials as the "Scientists" of the universal big boys.
Galactus is more like the "Bouncer".
Who knows what the real truth behind the Celestials will be, from writer to writer. We saw once that, at least a component of a soon-to-be-celestial was going to be made of Hercules!
Galactus at FP should be way over a big pile of super beings.

Horrificus
G's original story, was that he existed to roam the universe, devouring planets whenever he needs to, in order to stay powerful. Because, one day he would be called upon to fight something that would come here to destroy the universe.
And, as part of the Marvel Universe Trinity, if he were to be destroyed, the basic fabric of the universe would also be destroyed.
There was even "The Last Galactus Story" in Epic magazine, waaay back when, that showed the final confontation, as Galactus turns to face the threat.
Very cool.

Horrificus
You guys are gonna love this:

From Epic Illustrated:

Q: I can't seem to find the Epic Illustrated special that was supposed to have the conclusion to "The Last Galactus Story". Where can I find it?
A: Unfortunately even though this was advertised for sale in the last Epic issue, John Byrne went on to do other things and no longer had control over the Galactus story so the issue and story were never made. Since then many other things have happened in the Marvel universe that would cause continuity problems, so there may never be an ending to this story. But from an interview in 2000 by Comic Book Resources, here's how John said he originally planned to conclude this story:

"Galactus battles the Watcher who showed up at the end of the last published chapter. This turns out to be the same Watcher who witnessed the "birth" of Galactus - yes, that was not Uatu - and who has been driven insane by his guilt over all the deaths that have happened because, as he sees it, he did not snuff out the nascent Galactus
when he had the chance. As the two battle, over millennia, the universe basically dies around them. The stars burn out. No "Big Crunch" of everything collapsing back onto itself to be born again. Entropy wins over all. As the universe verges on flickering out of existence, Galactus draws into himself the last shreds of energy, giving him just enough of an edge to defeat the rogue Watcher. But then Galactus and Nova are
alone in an empty, endless void. The universe as we know it is gone. Galactus finally understands what it's all about. What he's been doing all these billions of years. He cracks the seals on his armor, and all the energy he has absorbed spews out of him. He becomes, effectively, the Big Bang of the next universe. Nova survives - and herself becomes the "Galactus" of that universe, the cycle beginning once again."

http://www.heavymetalmagazinefanpage.com/faq.html

Horrificus
Here is another John Byrne statement about the end of the Fanstastic Four, including Galactus:

Incidentally, back when I was first approached about Marvel's "The End" project, I was asked to think about "last issues" for the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. One of the things that occured to me was using this as a way to finally finish the Last Galactus Story. Goes like this:

One day, out of a clear blue sky, literally, Nova falls into the heart of Manahattan. The FF go to investigate. They find her, and after a bit of trouble deciphering what she is saying they realize she has come from billions of years in the future. Reed's "universal translator" was having problems with her speech because she was speaking English, but English distorted by billions of years. Anyway, she finally tells them what's going on with Galactus and the rogue Watcher, and the FF race off to use their captured version of Doctor Doom's time machine to speed to the future and try to help Galactus. (Reed, you see, being Reed, has already figured out what Galactus' purpose is in the scheme of things.)

Uh oh! Using Doom's time machine alerts the good Doctor to what they are up to, and he goes after them. Pretty quickly he figures out what is going on, and realizes this is a perfect opportunity to steal the power of Galactus for himself. The universe may die in the meanwhile? What cares he?

continued in next post.

Horrificus
continued from last post:

So, of course, the FF end up battling Doom, who is doing all kinds of things to try to get Galactus' power, while Galactus is busy himself dealing with the rogue Watcher. Finally the good guys -- which includes Galactus in this case -- win, But Ben and Nova both die heroically in the process. Galactus wonders what it was all about, what it was all for. Reed tells him. Galactus understands. The FF (what's left of them) start to head back to their time machine with Doom as their prisoner. Galactus calls after them. "Leave him!" Moment of tension, but Reed agrees. The FF return to the present, and just as they wink out they see Galactus open the seals on his armor and begin to release all his stored energy.

The three are back on Earth, in the present. They mourn Ben, but they resolve to continue to fight the good fight, in his honor. The Fantastic Four are no more, but the Three shall fight on! Sue wonders what Galactus wanted Doom for.

Cut to somewhere, somewhen else. Energies roil. A Universe is aborning, and at its heart we see a great cosmic "egg" akin to the one that once gave birth to Galactus. It opens, and Galactus rises from its midst -- but when he turns to us, we see he now has the face/mask of Doctor Doom. Like a certain other human we all know, Doom is about to learn that "with great power must come great responsibility'. (2/15/2005)

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/FAQ/listing.asp?ID=3&T1=Questions+about+Aborted+Storylines

tru-marvell
That would have been classic....very neat and logically acceptable (for comics) which is why I always preferred Marvel over DC. But back to the debate, I still feel that "normal" G would not be much of a threat to Arishem, but full powered G would damn over whelm any single celestial including Exitar.

Horrificus
Yeah, basically, Byrne is saying that Galactus has power enough to become a new universe in his own right.
That is saying something.

kgkg

Priest

kgkg
Originally posted by Priest
What has a celestial has done other than wipe out a plant? They have never been shown to be strong compared to galactus.. Galactus is able to whip out galaxies (look into the tyrant fight), without being at full powered. No celestial has feats of destroction like Big G.

At full powered galactus is on Eternity's level..it was stated by eternity himself, and aslo a watcher..
The celestial are reguarded as Eternity's spawns.. Eternity reguards galactus as a peer..so wouldent galactus be above the celstials by a reasonable mark? i think so..

Mr. Master has showed us scans of Galactus destroying a few celestials with one shot blasts. The "gang" of celestials dident do much damage to Galactus in the fight, just knocked him over. The rest of the celestials gang retreated to their ship after Galactus destroyed three of them with much ease. Not sure wat comic its from, probally non-cannon.. but the fight between a real 616 celestial will result in the same out come.
Mr. M showed scans of alternate realities: cool:

At full power human = Eternity your point?

like i said at best Galactus = One celestial.

Celestial were seen higher than Cosmic cubes..... and being like MM has no limit to how much they can effect.

Destroying Galaxy ......... not a big deal. - similar feats have been done by Odin level beings ......... and the watchers and they have shown that Celestials are greater

At best Galactus = Celetials....... COmic feat wise the celestial don't have as many LOW END SHowing like GALACTUS

Priest
Originally posted by kgkg
Mr. M showed scans of alternate realities: cool:

At full power human = Eternity your point?

like i said at best Galactus = One celestial.

Celestial were seen higher than Cosmic cubes..... and being like MM has no limit to how much they can effect.

Destroying Galaxy ......... not a big deal. - similar feats have been done by Odin level beings ......... and the watchers and they have shown that Celestials are greater

At best Galactus = Celetials....... COmic feat wise the celestial don't have as many LOW END SHowing like GALACTUS

I dont get wat u ment by full Human..

when Doom absorbed Galactus, he was shown to be at full power, and he stated that he was ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE. An abstract. Celestial's are high end cosmics, but their not abtracts.

When has a Watcher destoryed a Galaxy?

ok... destoying a galaxy is nothing really. BUT Uatu also said that at full power Galactus can destory a Universe 10xs over..

Yes galactus has more low end showings, he jobbs as well..but galactus has more showings in general, of cource hes gonna get punked around more times than not compared to a celestial...And dident sue richards destory a celestial??? so yeah the celetials have low showing as well..

Once you think of it the celestials has no feats that put them above galactus.

kgkg
I dont get wat u ment by full Human..

when Doom absorbed Galactus, he was shown to be at full power, and he stated that he was ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE. An abstract. Celestial's are high end cosmics, but their not abtracts.

Once you think of it the celestials has no feats that put them above galactus. Doom absorbed Galactus and was one with the Universe...... because Galactus is part of Creation. wink

FUll human......... you said full power Glactus = Eternity.

Full power Humans = enernity........at their prime Humans will become eternity so using full power this and that means nothing........ many characters are stated to be THIS and THAT at full power.

Never said they did....... i said similar feats...... like fighting across different realities........ it is assume they can........ since Odin level has done it. And Watcher himself stated that he is as POWERFUL AS Galactus.

Sue riped part of his armor , not destoy him.

so you are basing all this on Watcher saying Galactus can destroy the Universe?

Watcher has said many things ......... It was also said that the Celestial are Galactus of different Universe..... and someday Galactus after his cycle will become a Celestial.

Feat wise nothing shows that Galactus will pawn one Celestial.

Priest
Doom absorbed Galactus and was one with the Universe...... because Galactus is part of Creation. wink

FUll human......... you said full power Glactus = Eternity.

Full power Humans = enernity........at their prime Humans will become eternity so using full power this and that means nothing........ many characters are stated to be THIS and THAT at full power.

Never said they did....... i said similar feats...... like fighting across different realities........ it is assume they can........ since Odin level has done it. And Watcher himself stated that he is as POWERFUL AS Galactus.

Sue riped part of his armor , not destoy him.

so you are basing all this on Watcher saying Galactus can destroy the Universe?

Watcher has said many things ......... It was also said that the Celestial are Galactus of different Universe..... and someday Galactus after his cycle will become a Celestial.

Feat wise nothing shows that Galactus will pawn one Celestial.

Indeed
but the celestials has no feats that can put them above galactus as well..

ok, i really thought u ment a watcher destoyed a galaxy, i wasent trying to twist ur words. big grin

I was using the watchers information because there isent much feats a celestial has and big G has that can be used to put one above the other. what else are we're supposed to use in this debate?..

Late to class, gonna catch a boggy before i go..

Horrificus
Indeed

ok, i really thought u ment a watcher destoyed a galaxy, i wasent trying to twist ur words. big grin

I was using the watchers information because there isent much feats a celestial has and big G has that can be used to put one above the other. what else are we're supposed to use in this debate?..

Late to class, gonna catch a boggy before i go..

this guy is correct.

G = Eternity
Celestials are pawns of Eternity. His worker bees.
Celestials have no shings greater than G.
The creator of G has said G has the power of a universe within him.
Watcher said G can destroy the universe many times over.
Even if he has low showings, this is G at full power.
G > Arishem
...unless you can show feats or proof that says otherwise. Otherwise, you have to acknowledge the piles sof proof that have been given in G's favor.

kgkg
Indeed

Late to class, gonna catch a boggy before i go.. exactly so how is Galactus going to win easier?

Who have defeated Celestials Easily? Other than HOTU , I.G

harri
hi

harri
galactus will win by the way

harri
evil face devil

harri
exactly so how is Galactus going to win easier?

Who have defeated Celestials Easily? Other than HOTU , I.G what the hell

harri
helooooooo

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Zahit
In Earth X, it was shown that one Celestial is not on Galactus's level,
but several of them can take on Galactus. Now I know this is not
in 616 continuity, but it is the only example of a Galactus/Celestial
confrontation that I know of. So for lack of any other examples,
I would assume that Galactus is more powerful than one Celestial.
It has been stated that Galactus is the third in the trinity of
Eternity - Death - Galactus. That's a pretty high stature.

although Arishem does have some mad skillz:

Earth X galactus was franklin richards, if that changes things a bit.

golem370
Exitar is above Galactus IMO and I'd bet so is One Above All leader of the celestials. Watches,In-Betweener,Ego & Stranger are on the same level as Galactus but the Celestial were able to stop Ego once before and Kill the most powerful Watcher.

galan7777777
heres the series of scans that show doom obtaining big g's full power=unity with the universe (pay particular attention to the last scan):

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactusnc9.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactus1hr7.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomfullgalactus2tv7.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doomuniversalawarenessct0.jpg

golem370
Well I still believe there ether on the same level as Galactus and Exitar is above him

aliveinboston
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus

vs.

Arishem the judge

Another silly thread. Galactus has never been shown to be even equal to an average celestial. Arishem the judge? Are you kidding?

Thor knows how galactus compares. He told the juggernaut all about how the godforce chased away a frightened galactus but only "gave pause" to a celestial. He then proceeded to demonstrate to the entire marvel universe that even the Cyttorak can only be given pause by the god-force but not overcome.

galan7777777
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Another silly thread. Galactus has never been shown to be even equal to an average celestial. Arishem the judge? Are you kidding?

Thor knows how galactus compares. He told the juggernaut all about how the godforce chased away a frightened galactus but only "gave pause" to a celestial. He then proceeded to demonstrate to the entire marvel universe that even the Cyttorak can only be given pause by the god-force but not overcome. even a normal fed galactus is on par with a celestial

golem370
No he is not

galan7777777
No he is not really? how so?

Lord S
The theory that Galactus is equal to Eternity is true...they are equals, (sort of siblings), but only in terms of importance...not power. It has never been proven that his Power Cosmic is on a level with that of Eternity. If I'm wrong, then feel free to show evidence.

Galactus can destroy a planet...well that's impressive...Celestials can do the same, and with relative ease, (ie. Infinity Gauntlet, where they were hurling planets at Thanos...logic would dictate that they could easily toss two planets at each other, destroying them).

Earth X...my favourite...everyone conveniently ignores that 'Galactus' was actually Franklin Richards.

Character statements: Watcher said Galactus was the most powerful being in the universe...Watcher has also stated that the Phoenix was second to God...and recently confirmed Squirrel Girl's victory over the 'true' Thanos. In conclusion, how reliable is the Watcher? His word isn't worth a damn, anymore.

If you really want to put stock into character statements, then what about Galactus' apparent shock when Thanos ripped a Celestial apart in 'The End'? Someone mentioned that Eternity regarded Galactus as a peer...well he's also said the same to the Living Tribunal. Does that automatically put all three on an even power level?

Someone else said that Galactus could even take down Exitar...a freakin' 20,000-foot Celestial...by and far the most powerful of the bunch. To Exitar, Galactus, (at 30-feet), would appear smaller than a mosquito would to the average human. I'm sure he can bite him...but that's about it.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Lord S
The theory that Galactus is equal to Eternity is true...they are equals, (sort of siblings), but only in terms of importance...not power. It has never been proven that his Power Cosmic is on a level with that of Eternity. If I'm wrong, then feel free to show evidence.

Galactus can destroy a planet...well that's impressive...Celestials can do the same, and with relative ease, (ie. Infinity Gauntlet, where they were hurling planets at Thanos...logic would dictate that they could easily toss two planets at each other, destroying them).

Earth X...my favourite...everyone conveniently ignores that 'Galactus' was actually Franklin Richards.

Character statements: Watcher said Galactus was the most powerful being in the universe...Watcher has also stated that the Phoenix was second to God...and recently confirmed Squirrel Girl's victory over the 'true' Thanos. In conclusion, how reliable is the Watcher? His word isn't worth a damn, anymore.

If you really want to put stock into character statements, then what about Galactus' apparent shock when Thanos ripped a Celestial apart in 'The End'? Someone mentioned that Eternity regarded Galactus as a peer...well he's also said the same to the Living Tribunal. Does that automatically put all three on an even power level?

Someone else said that Galactus could even take down Exitar...a freakin' 20,000-foot Celestial...by and far the most powerful of the bunch. To Exitar, Galactus, (at 30-feet), would appear smaller than a mosquito would to the average human. I'm sure he can bite him...but that's about it.

About the Watcher thing, Galactus is the most powerful being in the universe, most people more powerful than him are outside of it. Also that was the real Thanos Squirrel Girl was fighting.

The End series is an out of continuity story or a "What if" so nothing that happened in there is meaningful. and Bigger doesnt mean more powerful in Marvel, Example: Thor > Giant-Man.

Horrificus
Exitar is 2000 ft tall, not 20,000.
It does not matter.
Galactus has wiped out galaxies. He has the power of a universe in him.
The most Exitar has done, is wipe clean a planet. Not destroy it. Transport the inhabitants.

the Darkone
Exitar is 20,000 ft is the most powerfl of all the Celestails for right now. but that won't matter Galactus will still smite Arishem in a long battle.

Mr Master
Potentially Galactus is = to Eternity in status and Power as we all know

But that a FULL Powered Galactus

Normal Galactus = 1 - 5% Galactus, has the energy stores of a Red Giant Star or Sun.

Celestials are Galaxies before they are born
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5835/celestialbornqb7.th.jpg

Celestials are actually pieces of Eternity himself
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2678/cut3.th.jpg

Celestials are WAY Above evolved Cosmic Cubes,
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7097/cog4.th.jpg
and Cosmic Cubes can rearrange at the Quantum Level, Pocket Universes

Big G loses.

the Darkone
Big G bust out the UN, end of battle big grin

thedude1948
Originally posted by Mr Master

Celestials are actually pieces of Eternity himself
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2678/cut3.th.jpg

None of that was stated as fact. Kubik and the Maker were only speculating on what the Celestials are. He even says that the Celestials "Are the Essence of Unknowable."
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8883/celestialspeculationbk3.th.jpg

I still think Galactus should take this fight, but due to the amount of horribly written low showings that Galactus has, it can be argued either way.

Mr Master
Originally posted by thedude1948
None of that was stated as fact. Kubik and the Maker were only speculating on what the Celestials are. He even says that the Celestials "Are the Essence of Unknowable."

Your scan is from the same issue, Kubik said that before he entered the Celestials mind.

Inside the Celestial's mind, they saw that Celestials birth, that wasn't speculation at all.

Kosmos's theory, came after she exited the Celestial's mind aswell.

bigbran

I still think Galactus should take this fight, but due to the amount of horribly written low showings that Galactus has, it can be argued either way. I can't post a link right now.(for some reason.)
But I made a Galactus(and Morg) respect thread, if you could kindly go there.
I'm trying to change the way people think about him.

thedude1948
Your scan is from the same issue, Kubik said that before he entered the Celestials mind.

Inside the Celestial's mind, they saw that Celestials birth, that wasn't speculation at all.

Kosmos's theory, came after she exited the Celestial's mind aswell.

That scan was after they left the Celestials mind and were judged. Everything they were talking about was speculation, they were all just different theories of the Celestials origin, another theory he talked about was that each Celestial was a survivor of a previous Universe which is all just speculation.

Yes, Kosmos said that on the last page, but she is still just speculating.

Originally posted by bigbran
I can't post a link right now.(for some reason.)
But I made a Galactus(and Morg) respect thread, if you could kindly go there.
I'm trying to change the way people think about him.

Im checking it out right now, those are great scans.

Mr Master
That scan was after they left the Celestials mind and were judged. Everything they were talking about was speculation, they were all just different theories of the Celestials origin,
Yes, Kosmos said that on the last page, but she is still just speculating.

I know the exact Origin of the Celestials,

I know they were speculating for the most part, but Kosmos made perfect sense on the Eternity bit BECAUSE of the True Origin of the Celestials.

Eternity created Celestials through meditation
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2883/ewk1.th.jpg

Celestial manifesting due to Eternity
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/119/eternitymadecelestials29sv.th.jpg

And once again, the Scan with the Celestial being Born from a Galaxy, was NOT speulation, the Celestials allowed them that vision

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3858/c2pp2.th.jpg

Makes sense since they were made from the very essence of Eternity

thedude1948
I know the exact Origin of the Celestials,

I know they were speculating for the most part, but Kosmos made perfect sense on the Eternity bit BECAUSE of the True Origin of the Celestials.

And once again, the Scan with the Celestial being Born from a Galaxy, was NOT speulation, the Celestials allowed them that vision

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3858/c2pp2.th.jpg

Makes sense since they were made from the very essence of Eternity

On the very next page Kubik says that "These are but a tiny fraction of the tales told of the Genesis of the Space Gods."

This was right after the part where the celestials were born from a galaxy, so it is all part of the speculation. None of the scenes inside of the Celestials thoughts were stated as being facts.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8384/celestialspeculation2xl0.th.jpg

Mr Master
On the very next page Kubik says that "These are but a tiny fraction of the tales told of the Genesis of the Space Gods."

This was right after the part where the celestials were born from a galaxy, so it is all part of the speculation. None of the scenes inside of the Celestials thoughts were stated as being facts.

I think I'll take Eternity's word on that one.

thedude1948
He never said the Celestials were galaxies before they were born.

harri
galactus man evil face

harri
he kills all exept apocalypse and true ultimate venom

Mr Master
He never said the Celestials were galaxies before they were born.

True.

But there is no doubt he created them, I felt it made sense since the Galaxies are part of Eternity anyway.

As Galactus would become a Star if he released the energy in his armor.

harri
you think?

harri
i agreed

harri
you know why

harri
helo

harri
helooo

harri
plz anwser

darthgoober
Dude, what the hell is your problem? EVERYONE has told you to knock it off, now stop or I'll report you for spamming the thread.

Horrificus
I think I'll take Eternity's word on that one.

If we have to take it as gospel from Enternity, that the Celestials are the embodiment of the power of a galaxy, it is fair to say that we can except the word of John Bryner, (the creator of Galactus), that G is the embodiment of the power of an entire universe.

Again, Galactus wins.

Lord S
Originally posted by Horrificus
If we have to take it as gospel from Enternity, that the Celestials are the embodiment of the power of a galaxy, it is fair to say that we can except the word of John Bryner, (the creator of Galactus), that G is the embodiment of the power of an entire universe.

Again, Galactus wins. What the hell? Who is John Bryner? I'll assume you mean John Byrne...and no, he did NOT create Galactus. He was created by Stan Lee and the late great Jack Kirby.

And Exitar is 20,000-feet...look it up.

trolly_crouchjr
harri wants 2 be david richards =P

Horrificus
Originally posted by Lord S
What the hell? Who is John Bryner? I'll assume you mean John Byrne...and no, he did NOT create Galactus. He was created by Stan Lee and the late great Jack Kirby.

And Exitar is 20,000-feet...look it up.

Yeah, Byrne. My bad.
Anyway, Galactus, is as I said, made up of enough power to begin his own universe, as stated by John Byrne.
Stan Lee's idea of G was that he was God. He wanted the FF to fight God. That was why he was created.
He is an equal to Enternity at full power, even if he has also had weak showings.
No matter how tall Exitar is supposed to be, he has never show the kind of power that Galactus has. Nor has ANY Celestial.

That really is all there is to it. We aren't guessing here, based on height.
According to feats and statements, Galactus is THE power here. Until you show something that says otherwise.
And, just as an FYI, Exitar does not even destroy planets. He basically cleans them off, and transports the inhabitants.
But, yes, he is big. Ok?

Lord S
Yeah, Byrne. My bad.
Anyway, Galactus, is as I said, made up of enough power to begin his own universe, as stated by John Byrne. See here's the thing about writer statements and opinions...they're not worth a damn. John Byrne can state whatever he wants, but it means nothing. He doesn't write FF anymore, and his opinions are dated. A lot of Galactus' origin has been retconned with the appearances of Aegis and Tenebrous, and Keith Giffen is the man now in the forefront.

Well he didn't exactly turn out to be 'God' now did he? Again, you have to look at today's continuity, not what he was intended to be back in the 60s. Today he's become Marvel's cosmic whipping boy.

And this has been proven where?

Oh really? You do know that Celestials can destroy planets with a gesture, right? Not to mention they have radical reality warping powers beyond those of cosmic cubes.

Well there's plenty of guesswork coming from your side as well. You haven't shown any proof of his superiority over Celestials, either. The truth is there's no evidence that clearly proves or disproves either view...especially given the fact that we've never seen the full extent of both Galactus and the Celestials' powers.

But as mentioned above, Celestials can destroy planets, with relative ease, if they choose to do so. Exitar doesn't do this because it's not his role in the Fourth Host...but if he wanted to he can easily do it.

Horrificus
Dude, everything I wrote was based on writer comments, (which DO matter, whether you want them to or not), and actual occurrences. Things that really happened in the books.

You telling me that you don't want to agree with writers, and that the Celestials CAN do certain things if they wanted, (even though they haven't actually done them), holds no water.

I know what you are trying to say, but it is ALL based on your opinion. I actually used statements from creators and feats in books.

Lord S
Dude, everything I wrote was based on writer comments, (which DO matter, whether you want them to or not), and actual occurrences. Things that really happened in the books.

You telling me that you don't want to agree with writers, and that the Celestials CAN do certain things if they wanted, (even though they haven't actually done them), holds no water.

I know what you are trying to say, but it is ALL based on your opinion. I actually used statements from creators and feats in books. No it's not ALL based on my opinion...you're trying to tell me that Celestials can't destroy planets, even when they have been shown to do so?

Creator statements do matter, but are only relevant when that creator is writing that particular character. Writers don't retain creative control over a character when they leave the book...so if what they had envisioned for the character, (ie. Byrnes' statements of him one day creating his own universe), doesn't come into fruition while they are still writing the character, then those statements lose their potency and become writer opinion. You don't go back 20 years or 40 years and cite what a writer, who has no current influence or control over a character, has said and try to present it as evidence in a debate. That's just nonsense.

I don't know if you're keeping up with 'Annihilation' or not, but Galactus' history is being retconned as we speak with the addition of two more survivors from the previous universe, Aegis and Tenebrous, indicating a change in direction and a diminishing of Galactus' importance in the universe. Keith Giffen's 'vision' for the character is what matters today...and while we don't know the full story yet, what we do know is that it supercedes the old.

Rols
It has never been retconned, Aegis and Tenebrous is not from the previous Universe.. Even Griffen mentioned it... Anyhow back on topic Galactus should win this fight..

Lord S
Oops, just checked on it...yeah T&A were apparently not from the previous universe, but were involved in a feud with Galactus at an early point in the current universe. Still, with these new beings in existence, it appears that Galactus' role as the bringer of balance between Eternity and Death is shared.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus

vs.

Arishem the judge

Silly thread. Spiderman vs Arishem would only be slightly sillier.

To get an idea of how powerful the celestials are compared to Galactus, we only need to look at how they would have performed against the same foe.

Thor caused terrible pain with a hammer throw and almost killed a normal power galactus with the god-force. Similar attacks against a celestial did not even warrant a response. In fact, Thor knows quite well that Galactus is below the celestials (due to his experience with both) and related this information to juggernaut, just before discovering that even the Cyttorak may be greater than Galactus as the God-force was unable to overcome the power of the cyttorak.
And no, Galactus was not starving. He had just absorbed a planet which is why Thor attacked him with the god-force.

A nearly fully fed Galactus was sent flying through his own ship's hull by Thanos whereas Thanos, like Thor, is simply below a Celestial's notice.

Galactus ran away and cried for help against Ego Prime but Odin caused Ego Prime to fight Thor on earth and then caused it's energies to be removed and channeled into humans turning them into gods. Whats even more telling is that it was because Odin was doing it to kiss Arishem's ass and prove to him that earth has potential for greatness and should not be destroyed.

Stan Lee himself stated that he always intented for Thor to be able to beat Galactus (and Ego) with his own power.

Rols
Thats silly...
To get the idea of how silly that is take the Ultimate Nullifier containing the essence of Galactus or something like that. It freakin destroyed the multiverse and then remade it... Or how about when Doom manage to usurp the power of Galactus, he was practicly everything and everywhere.. end scene of the siliness...

bigbran
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Silly thread. Spiderman vs Arishem would only be slightly sillier.

To get an idea of how powerful the celestials are compared to Galactus, we only need to look at how they would have performed against the same foe.

Thor caused terrible pain with a hammer throw and almost killed a normal power galactus with the god-force. Similar attacks against a celestial did not even warrant a response. In fact, Thor knows quite well that Galactus is below the celestials (due to his experience with both) and related this information to juggernaut, just before discovering that even the Cyttorak may be greater than Galactus as the God-force was unable to overcome the power of the cyttorak.
And no, Galactus was not starving. He had just absorbed a planet which is why Thor attacked him with the god-force.

A nearly fully fed Galactus was sent flying through his own ship's hull by Thanos whereas Thanos, like Thor, is simply below a Celestial's notice.

Galactus ran away and cried for help against Ego Prime but Odin caused Ego Prime to fight Thor on earth and then caused it's energies to be removed and channeled into humans turning them into gods. Whats even more telling is that it was because Odin was doing it to kiss Arishem's ass and prove to him that earth has potential for greatness and should not be destroyed.

Stan Lee himself stated that he always intented for Thor to be able to beat Galactus (and Ego) with his own power. How about we look at how Galactus didn't give notice to Thor on either of those attacks.
Did you even see the fight?
Galactus wasn't fighting Thor, he didn't give notice to him.

Did Thor use the God force on Arishem?

Wait, what am I talking about? Don't you think Odin is way over Galactus, and Odin has unlimited power? Haha.

bigbran
Just a minute.
Is this a good feat?
Originally posted by bigbran
Here's Inbetweener trying to kill Galactus.(unconcious.)
1. http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801713ur0.jpg
2. http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801714lz7.jpg

Here's a scan to show, just how powerful Inbetweener really is. Just read.

1. http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801715jf0.jpg
2. http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801716ez1.jpg

That's right!
He summoned Death, and ordered her around, like a....

And, the fight.
Galactus vs Inbetweener
G is mad.

1. http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801723endzy0.jpg
and...
1. http://img309.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801802qu4.jpg
2. http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801803fx7.jpg
3. http://img312.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801804ag6.jpg
4. http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450016509/1.jpg
5. http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450016509/2.jpg
6. http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450016509/3.jpg
7. http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450016509/4.jpg
8. http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450016509/5.jpg
9. http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801810qn8.jpg
10. http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801811cw3.jpg
11. http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801812hk4.jpg
12. http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801813nr0.jpg
13. http://img303.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801814nj5.jpg
14. http://img303.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801815ad9.jpg
15. http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801816fl6.jpg
16. http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801817mt9.jpg
17. http://img312.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801818xl9.jpg
18. http://img307.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801819ij4.jpg
19. http://img335.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801820xf2.jpg
20. http://img335.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer19880182122oe5.jpg
21. http://img303.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurfer198801823endza2.jpg

All of these scans, courtesy of Ethereal!

bigbran
Galactus.

leonidas
bum

p. smile

leonidas
arishem gets my vote btw. wink

Naija boy
Galactus

Allankles
No single Celestial is a match for Galactus and he's above them in the cosmological hierachy. So Galactus 10/10.

Nihilist
Galactus.

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas

smile

leonidas
Originally posted by Allankles
No single Celestial is a match for Galactus and he's above them in the cosmological hierachy. So Galactus 10/10.

proof?

and don't confuse status with power . . .

id369
Indeed Arishem would win.

Galactus will be a good boy, after Arishem tosses some planets at him.

leonidas
Originally posted by id369

laughing out loud

i agree.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Galactus at normal power or higher would win this.

Like I said before

leonidas
except everytime proof is asked to support the claim g would win, no one can provide any . . . erm

zeel
Arishem wins

Allankles

Based on? Celestials are pretty overrated.

Enyalus
Based on? Celestials are pretty overrated.
Arishem was fighting fairly evenly with Tiamut. And Galactus is afraid of Tiamut.

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
And Galactus is afraid of Tiamut.

So this is what's convinced Leonidas that Arishem > Galactus? Not much to go on.

Lord S
Still Arishem.

Enyalus
So this is what's convinced Leonidas that Arishem > Galactus? Not much to go on.
I have no idea.

Going off of how Maelstrom felt, Arishem and Galactus are roughly equal. This would be an epic battle. smile

Badabing
Guy and Leo say Arishem the Judge wins. Closing...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
Guy and Leo say Arishem the Judge wins. Closing...
Leonidas is frequently wrong, though.

As in, all the many times his opinion differs from mine.

Badabing
Leonidas is frequently wrong, though.

As in, all the many times his opinion differs from mine. As shown by his tourny wins. facepalm

Leo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enyalus.

biscuits

Slaanesh
Arishem..i believe any of the top Celestial will get a majority over Galactus..

Enyalus
As shown by his tourny wins. facepalm

biscuits

Pfft. Why do you think I've never entered any tourney? It'd be spite against anyone facing me. Obviously.

Badabing
Pfft. Why do you think I've never entered any tourney? It'd be spite against anyone facing me. Obviously. laughing out loud

Tenebrous
Originally posted by id369

useless when Galactus teleports galaxies around the universe (the golden galaxy)

leonidas
As shown by his tourny wins. facepalm

biscuits

i love you bada.

big grin

leonidas

nah, that's not it. it's the way the celestials have almost always interacted in books. tiamut is only a recent example. the way arishem was immune to all the skyfathers when odin has been said to be near g in the past. the fact that g's powers fluctuate like crazy. the fact that thanos was able to fling g across a moon with a single blast (and not a WEAK galactus either . . .)

simply put, celestials do not have all the low showings of galactus (though they do have a couple--not arishem however.)

Naija boy
True the celestials do not have the low feats of galactus, but u have to consider that not only does he have more appearances than they do but also that his powerlevel is directly dependant on his hunger. His powerlevel will then obviously fluctuate considerably more than theirs because of his varying hunger levels throughout his portrayals. Further 90% of Gs low showings have come while hungry and hence while he was weakened.

IMO a well fed galactus is above a celestial. IIRC kubik placed him above the celestials in the cosmic power hierachy. Further his status in the universe would also suggest such. While status does not always play a part in powerlevels, many times it does especially in regards to marvel high end cosmics. Also in terms of descriptions of their powerlevels, galactus is superior. IIRC a fullpowered G was stated to be equal to Eternity and in annihilation it was revealed that he contained enough power to destroy both the 616 universe and negative zone simultaneously. Finally in terms of actual feats imo Galactus is at least on par with the Celestials. Feats such as vaporizing in watcher while weakened, destroying galaxie in his fight with tyrant, teleporting an entire galaxy to another area within time and space etc make him pretty even with the celestials purely featwise. However it is the totality of these factors that lead me to believe that G>>Celestial.

Survivor19
Amped Cyclops once blew Arichem's arm away.
Does that counts as low showing?

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

Should everything fail, he can utilize his mastery over hyperspace to either disrupt Arishem's physical form ore Drain him dry.

Tenebrous
nah, that's not it. it's the way the celestials have almost always interacted in books. tiamut is only a recent example. the way arishem was immune to all the skyfathers when odin has been said to be near g in the past. the fact that g's powers fluctuate like crazy. the fact that thanos was able to fling g across a moon with a single blast (and not a WEAK galactus either . . .)

simply put, celestials do not have all the low showings of galactus (though they do have a couple--not arishem however.)

you only look on 1 side of the coin. The celestials don't have Galactus' high showings either. And every time they act, the Celestials always act as a group. I'm hard-pressed to find any scans of any 1 Celestial holding it's own against anyone higher than Odin, and possibly a watcher if you count exitar prepping to take down "the One." If you've got them, please put them up to support your argument.

You can't focus on the low showings alone.

And if we go by statements such as "odin has been said to be near g in the past" well that was some 40 years ago.

There's literally multiple statements from modern times:

1. Galactus is "the universe's most powerful creature" (annihilation #2)
2. Galactus is "the metamorphosed embodiment of a cosmos" (FF 522 or 523, i forget) and just to clear away any misunderstanding, "cosmos" is defined to be synonymous with "universe" vs. Celestials being birthed from just a galaxy
3. Current Thor with the odinforce refuses to face Galactus (BRB Godhunter #1)

And the way people are throwing around Galactus "fearing" tiamut is questionable at best. IMO it's indicative of what Tiamut actually did to Galactus, in terms of altering Galactus' hunger, not so much Tiamut's powers. G is afraid of ever being in that state of uncontrollable hunger.

There's two logic reasons that back up my interpretation

1. Tiamut's personal power was insufficient to achieve his goals in the black celestial arc. He had to use Galactus as the weapon. Because he used Galactus, and not his own power, this implicitly means Tiamut didn't have the means to achieve his goals without acquiring a greater power to actualize his desires (which was basically to be master of reality)

2. Galactus was preparing to directly confront
Pre-Retcon Beyonder
Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet
Thanos with the HOTI

Yet somehow he's afraid of 1 celestial's power? erm More likely, he's reminded of the uncontrollable hunger when Tiamut awoke, and that made him feel fear.

leonidas
Originally posted by Tenebrous
you only look on 1 side of the coin. The celestials don't have Galactus' high showings either. And every time they act, the Celestials always act as a group. I'm hard-pressed to find any scans of any 1 Celestial holding it's own against anyone higher than Odin, and possibly a watcher if you count exitar prepping to take down "the One." If you've got them, please put them up to support your argument.

And if we go by statements such as "odin has been said to be near g in the past" well that was some 40 years ago.

2. Galactus is "the metamorphosed embodiment of a cosmos" (FF 522 or 523, i forget) and just to clear away any misunderstanding, "cosmos" is defined to be synonymous with "universe" vs. Celestials being birthed from just a galaxy

And the way people are throwing around Galactus "fearing" tiamut is questionable at best. IMO it's indicative of what Tiamut actually did to Galactus, in terms of altering Galactus' hunger, not so much Tiamut's powers. G is afraid of ever being in that state of uncontrollable hunger.

1. Tiamut's personal power was insufficient to achieve his goals in the black celestial arc. He had to use Galactus as the weapon. Because he used Galactus, and not his own power, this implicitly means Tiamut didn't have the means to achieve his goals without acquiring a greater power to actualize his desires (which was basically to be master of reality)

Pre-Retcon Beyonder
Thanos with the HOTI

Yet somehow he's afraid of 1 celestial's power? erm More likely, he's reminded of the uncontrollable hunger when Tiamut awoke, and that made him feel fear.

for all i hear of the 'galactus=eternity' bit, i've never actually SEEN that scan. do you have it or know where it is? they were revealed as SIBLINGS, but sibling by NO MEANS equates to 'equal'. anyone out there actually have the scan that says they are equal . . .?

as far as tiamut--the idea that tiamut was ABLE to alter galactus's powers alone speaks volumes. as logical as your own theory is the theory that g was afraid the DC would simply alter his hunger AGAIN. or perhaps abuse his powers in some other way.

and the celestials ALSO took part in battling the IG and HOTI.

the current thor refusing to battle him really says nothing. thor understands there is no point. AND he's weakened. nothing in his refusal could be taken as fear, imo.

as for the other quotes--g has ALREADY died. what happened? he became a star. nothing more, nothing less. we don't really need to worry about the hearsay since we've SEEN the results of his death.

if you want to believe g is the most powerful being in the universe, that is entirely up to you of course. i think he's AMONG them. a hypothetical 'full-power' g MAY be, but since he's never been seen, we've no idea what that even is.

someone said most of his low showings are because he's hungry--well . . . he's ALWAYS hungry. that IS a weakness. he DOES have more showings, but so many of his showings are not very good. even looking at the black galaxy arc in thor--high evolutionary once battled g directly 1on1. g won, but was forced to dodge an attack. the celestials never even NOTICED the evolutionary, and it was said they were so far beyond him that their power was unimaginable. in general, taking all these things into account, celestials appear to be>galactus imo.

guy222
IMO, Celestials>Big G

Debate will continue

Kirby created the Celestials to surpass Galactus and the Watchers

Tiamut singing a song would've turn back time nearly 14 billion yrs. Wow

kgkg
Brah

guy222
good afternoon

Nihilist
Galactus ftw.

1 v 1imo Galactus is greater than any Celestial (barring Crappen the Approver)

Naija boy

as for the other quotes--g has ALREADY died. what happened? he became a star. nothing more, nothing less. we don't really need to worry about the hearsay since we've SEEN the results of his death.

someone said most of his low showings are because he's hungry--well . . . he's ALWAYS hungry. that IS a weakness. he DOES have more showings, but so many of his showings are not very good. even looking at the black galaxy arc in thor--high evolutionary once battled g directly 1on1. g won, but was forced to dodge an attack. the celestials never even NOTICED the evolutionary, and it was said they were so far beyond him that their power was unimaginable. in general, taking all these things into account, celestials appear to be>galactus imo.

I believe the instances in annihilation and DEath of galactus are entirely different. In annihilation, Annihilus planned to se G as a COSMIC BOMB which wold subsequently destroy both the NG and the 616 universe. HEnce he weaponized galactus and planned to have the energy within him released all at one in a cataclysmic explosion. That is entirely different from what happened when he died. In that case, he transformed into a star and his energy would begin to gradually and continuously radiate infinitely. Its not simply that the death of galactus that would destroy the two universes but had to do with the specific purpose annihiluus had for him. The death of galactus in a previous story arc therefore cannot be used to somehow discredit his power described in annihilation.

Further, IIRC galactus has to feed once a month or something close to that. Now while it is true that his hunger is fairly continuous, the level of hunger varies. G not having eaten for a week or so would still be considerably more powerful than a G who was practically starving. Most of his low feats have come during periods o suchf extreme hunger (induced by plot majority of the times and hence PIS ) and such a state would not be his standard condition when fighting a KMC match. RAther, it is assumed that G is fighting at his optimum condition as seen in comics.

leonidas
Originally posted by Naija boy
I believe the instances in annihilation and DEath of galactus are entirely different. In annihilation, Annihilus planned to se G as a COSMIC BOMB which wold subsequently destroy both the NG and the 616 universe. HEnce he weaponized galactus and planned to have the energy within him released all at one in a cataclysmic explosion. That is entirely different from what happened when he died. In that case, he transformed into a star and his energy would begin to gradually and continuously radiate infinitely. Its not simply that the death of galactus that would destroy the two universes but had to do with the specific purpose annihiluus had for him. The death of galactus in a previous story arc therefore cannot be used to somehow discredit his power described in annihilation.

Further, IIRC galactus has to feed once a month or something close to that. Now while it is true that his hunger is fairly continuous, the level of hunger varies. G not having eaten for a week or so would still be considerably more powerful than a G who was practically starving. Most of his low feats have come during periods o suchf extreme hunger (induced by plot majority of the times and hence PIS ) and such a state would not be his standard condition when fighting a KMC match. RAther, it is assumed that G is fighting at his optimum condition as seen in comics.

and just HOW annihilus was planning on doing that--IF he could have--is unknown as well, so it's impossible to say it would happen anytime. perhaps the process is what would have allowed such an explosion. perhaps it was in conjunction with the cosmic control rod and the q-bands. we don't know. and wouldn't that have simply released abraxas again? but never a mention of that. since it didn't happen, and we didn't know HOW it would have been brought about, it's hearsay. erm

and 'standard' galactus, IS hungry galactus . . .

Enyalus
Galactus is always hungry.

Canon fact.

Naija boy
and just HOW annihilus was planning on doing that--IF he could have--is unknown as well, so it's impossible to say it would happen anytime. perhaps the process is what would have allowed such an explosion. perhaps it was in conjunction with the cosmic control rod and the q-bands. we don't know. and wouldn't that have simply released abraxas again? but never a mention of that. since it didn't happen, and we didn't know HOW it would have been brought about, it's hearsay. erm

and 'standard' galactus, IS hungry galactus . . .

Annihilus was using galactus' own technology to slowly harness his energy. Moondragon then revealed that he intended to use the enrgy within galactus to destroy both 616 and the N zone rather than to feed as he had originally claimed. In his own words he was going to use galactus to cause a conflagration in which 616 would be consumed.
Now while its true that we dont know the exact specifics of how the explosion would come about we do know the Galactus' energy was the most crucial aspect of the equation. Further regardless of how he would cause it to explode, we know that it would be galactus' energy exploding. Its like how there are different ways of detonating TNT which vary in effectiveness but in the end the but come explosion time, the TNT itself is the most crucial factor. This isnt to say that galactus can replicate such an event in this scenario or but just to give an example of the kind of energy he contains. Also the success of Annihilus' plan was confirmed by thanos who has very high credibility. Further the rest of the entire annihilation arc was geared towards freeing galactus from his entrapment which further suggests that it certainly would have worked. Therefore, though it didnt actually happen, there is a lot more to support the plans success than its failure.

ALso in my other post i explained that while Galactus hunger was continuous (even after having jst eaten), the levels of his hunger vary greatly. And most of his low showings come from points of extreme hunger. (which had been induced by the plot). Therefore the combination of the fact that he was suffering from plot induced weakness and the fact that the rules refer to him fighting at "optimum" condition, means that galactus wont be fighting at such high hunger levels in a forum fight (though he might still be hungry since as u said he is always hungry) . A majority of his low showings come from those periods of extreme hunger and thus automatically become irrelevant.

cdtm
Originally posted by tru-marvell

This.

The team of Skyfathers that mounted an attack should certainly be capable of fighting Galactus at normal levels. And IMO, the Asgard inhabited Asgardian Destroyer should defeat Galactus at regular levels..

Full power Galactus is another story, but he's also more of a hypthetical since we'll probably never see a truly full power G. Not if we want to keep seeing the 611-verse...

TheTyrant
Galactus eats Arishem like he did Tiamut.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II

Pre-Retcon Beyonder
Thanos with the HOTI

And when Galactus died, he retunred to his normal state,
which is a Star made up of infinite energy.

In an possible future, 616 Galactus destroyed the Omniverse battling Ecce,
then Galactus opened his chest plate and out poured the next Marvel Universe.

Slaanesh
i put normal Galactus < high level Celestial such as Arishem..

Nihilist
Celestials can't stand up to a well written Galactus

brownqk
Galactus is stronger than any single Celestial

Utrigita
Originally posted by Nihilist
Celestials can't stand up to a well written Galactus

cdtm

Thor didn't refuse to join Bill because he was scared of Galactus's power. He refused because he didn't believe in Bill's quest, and didn't want to abandon Earth for it.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor didn't refuse to join Bill because he was scared of Galactus's power. He refused because he didn't believe in Bill's quest, and didn't want to abandon Earth for it.

he didn't believe in bill's quest because he gauged the likely hood of success, and measured the opportunity cost if/when bill failed.

Which basically means "even if I had my full strength available to help you, I still would not help you." Great. Thor doesn't think it's right, that's true. That is by no means his only opinion on the matter.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9120/brbgh1.th.jpg
"You. Your vessel. Alone. Can you triumph?" Thor, ever the warrior, asks "Are you confident of defeating Galactus alone with yourself and just your ship?" He doesn't ask whether BRB thinks it's right, he doesn't ask BRB if he thinks it's wise....he's asking BRB if he thinks he can win. That's Thor measuring the extent of BRB's resolve and determination in fighting Galactus and winning. Why would Thor make that statement if he's not putting himself in BRB's shoes to judge whether he can win or not. Why wouldn't he just say "no BRB, this whole course of action isn't right." Clearly, Thor is in doubt of BRB's chances here. He's thinking about a fight, and BRB's chances of lasting in that fight (more on this on the next page). That is Thor's mentality.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/450/brbgh.th.jpg

"I ask you one final time, will you stand with me?" Thor looks down at his feet ashamed and comes up with excuses. Can't even look BRB in the eye as he lists them.
"But were I in the fullness of my might, I WOULD NOT. This is neither right nor wise"="Even if I had my full powers (and explain it away however you want to interpret that...bottom line is he wouldn't, even if he were 100%) I would not stand with you, BRB. This is neither the right course of action, nor is it the WISE course of action" why wouldn't it be wise? What possible outcome of BRB's quest would prove unwise? I.E., why is Thor indirectly telling BRB that it's a stupid idea to challenge Galactus with himself and his ship?

"I ask you, for my sake, for the memory of your people, for the lives of all those you'd save if you stay instead of chasing shadows--do not do this!"="I implore you, for the sake of your people, whom Galactus erased from existence, of whom you are the sole remaining survivor in the entire universe, for the sake of all the people you would save if you remain alive instead of seeking probable death, and consequently condemn those people to their own deaths if you are not around to save them, do not do this!"

BRB gets exasperated with Thor and just flies off while giving his reply ("and for all their sakes, I must"wink. Thor doesn't chase after him, even after giving that impassioned plea.

cdtm
It still looks like he's making a stance on principle. The excuses may be valid, or they may be Thor's way of trying to soften the blow.

galactusischere
Galactus wins.

Angel Watching
Galactus, Celestials are pawns to his equal Eternity

Bentley
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i put normal Galactus < high level Celestial such as Arishem..

Feats?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>