The Costs of the Console War.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, should we start doing the numbers on how much this whole Console war is gonna cost us? I'll start:

(I'm excluding taxes because as we all know tax prices are different in your areas)

Xbox 360- $399.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (SE) $69.99
Call of Duty 2 - $54.99
Extra wireless Controller- $49.99
Nyko Intercooler $19.99
Memory card $39.99

so far is a total of $633.95.

If I were to get XBL (which I haven't gotten yet)

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter $99.99
Xbox Live Starter Kit with Project Gotham 2 $69.99
Plantronics Xbox 360 Live Headset X10 $19.99

now the total increases from $633.95 to $823.92

Here comes the BIG dilema...

I'm planning on buying a 32" HD TV for me. The initial price is 1,299.00 which now gives me a grand total (so far)

$2,122.92 dollars!

Yes! All these prices are for NEW items and not for Used. I just don't like my stuff used...period.

I'm also excluding magazine subscritions and other minor stuff. As new games are announce my cost will of course increase. So I'm bound to update this thread.

If you're outside of the US. I would really appreciate your own input.

BackFire
Xbox 360: $400

Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero and PGR3: $100

Dead or Alive 4: $53 (used my friends Gamestop discount)

Ghost Recon: $55 (oh yeah, found a deal on this one)

Xbox Live: $42 (used my friends discount again)

Sou around $650 for all that.

Probably get a HDTV at some point down the road.

LanceWindu
XBox 360 - Free
Madden NFL 2006 - Free
Kameo: Elements of Power - Free
Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collector's Edition - Free
Call of Duty 2 - $54.99
Ridge Racer 6 - $49.99
Burnout Revenge - $59.99
Star Wars: KOTOR II (for use on 360) - $17.95
Extra Wireless Controller - $49.99
Marketplace Points - $10
5 months of XBox Live (monthly, not annual) - $39.95

Total: $282.86 + tax

SaTsuJiN
Hellgate : London... 50 bucks..

Spartan005
Lance, you lucky bastard stick out tongue

Anyway I spent about $560 on a 360 with Oblivion and GRAW... and I already had Xbox live from the original

And by the way, the tax was about $50 or something like that...

Spartan005
Oh yeah, this is just my opinion but I think that the prices for an HD TV are Ridiculous. I have a 32 inch Toshiba at home... the picture is Great and I got it for less than $300. I don't think that the picture quality is really worth another $1000

crazy_shadow
XBox360 - $432 (because of tax....somehow i remember the # lol)
extra wireless - $40
quake 4 - (birthday so free :P)
full auto - $60
oblivion - $60
360 hellfire skin - $10

total = $612 ......holy crap XD

DarkC
Xbox 360: $599
Oblivion: $70
Call of Duty 2: $65
Surround Sound Gaming Speakers: $129
Halo 3 Limited Edition (When it comes out! stick out tongue) $80
XBL: $89

$1032?!

Jessum crow, I'd better cut down.

I'll kill you, Ken!

LanceWindu
Originally posted by DarkC
Xbox 360: $599
Oblivion: $70
Call of Duty 2: $65
Surround Sound Gaming Speakers: $129
Halo 3 Limited Edition (When it comes out! stick out tongue) $80
XBL: $89

$1032?!

Jessum crow, I'd better cut down.

I'll kill you, Ken!

Your's is also in a different currency. stick out tongue

I just got lucky with the Mountain Dew promotion, then lucky again because they sent out 2 games instead of the 1 they said they were going to, then another game as a b-day gift.

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, should we start doing the numbers on how much this whole Console war is gonna cost us? I'll start:

(I'm excluding taxes because as we all know tax prices are different in your areas)

Xbox 360- $399.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (SE) $69.99
Call of Duty 2 - $54.99
Extra wireless Controller- $49.99
Nyko Intercooler $19.99
Memory card $39.99

so far is a total of $633.95.

If I were to get XBL (which I haven't gotten yet)

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter $99.99
Xbox Live Starter Kit with Project Gotham 2 $69.99
Plantronics Xbox 360 Live Headset X10 $19.99

now the total increases from $633.95 to $823.92

Here comes the BIG dilema...

I'm planning on buying a 32" HD TV for me. The initial price is 1,299.00 which now gives me a grand total (so far)

$2,122.92 dollars!

Yes! All these prices are for NEW items and not for Used. I just don't like my stuff used...period.

I'm also excluding magazine subscritions and other minor stuff. As new games are announce my cost will of course increase. So I'm bound to update this thread.

If you're outside of the US. I would really appreciate your own input. damn $2,122.92 thats alot

DarkC
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Your's is also in a different currency. stick out tongue

I just got lucky with the Mountain Dew promotion, then lucky again because they sent out 2 games instead of the 1 they said they were going to, then another game as a b-day gift.
Oh, BS. mhm

My other friend wanted to win one with the Dew contest; he failed. I told him about you and he exclaims: "The lucky bastard!"

Showed him the picture of you wearing the 360 hat. He got rather peevish after that.

LanceWindu
Oh, BS. mhm

My other friend wanted to win one with the Dew contest; he failed. I told him about you and he exclaims: "The lucky bastard!"

Showed him the picture of you wearing the 360 hat. He got rather peevish after that.

The Canadian version of the contest was better though. cry

The contest was called "Party in a Box" in both countries...we get a cardboard box with the system, games, shirts, hats, soda, invitations, etc..

Your Canadian winners got the same, but also with a metal carrying case for the 360. mad

Lana
So far?

Not a damn penny happy

DarkC
The Canadian version of the contest was better though. cry

The contest was called "Party in a Box" in both countries...we get a cardboard box with the system, games, shirts, hats, soda, invitations, etc..

Your Canadian winners got the same, but also with a metal carrying case for the 360. mad
I love Canada even more now.

Move here, it's nice.

LanceWindu
I love Canada even more now.

Move here, it's nice.

I'm planning on doing that one day soon. stick out tongue

DarkC
I'm planning on doing that one day soon. stick out tongue
Yay!

I'll give you a big hug if you move to Calgary.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SIGNATURE?! shock

LanceWindu
Yay!

I'll give you a big hug if you move to Calgary.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SIGNATURE?! shock

It became a trend whore (check the sig forum)...so I removed mine.

Lana
Because a bunch of people decided to try making them yet only one other person actually USED theirs stick out tongue

DarkC
Good call, uniqueness is priceless.

*goes off to attempt to make one as well* ninja

If I did, it wouldn't be on Mario. stick out tongue Possibly Sonic or the original Metroid.

Lana
I did a Zelda one originally but it didn't turn out as I liked (lack of good sprites and it's been about 5 years since last I tried to draw my own) so it's not done and I think I'll be too lazy to ever finish it stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Lana
Because a bunch of people decided to try making them yet only one other person actually USED theirs stick out tongue

1 person was using theirs, another was working to make one to fit within KMC limits, you said you might not use yours (doesn't mean no).

Is it so wrong wanting to be unique once in a while?

DarkC
I dunno how to make GIF animations in signatures, to start with. erm

Lana
1 person was using theirs, another was working to make one to fit within KMC limits, you said you might not use yours (doesn't mean no).

Is it so wrong wanting to be unique once in a while?

Well gee, I don't complain when I make something and have a ton of people doing something similar...nor did I pitch a fit when I came back to find half the board had stolen my sig without permission. It's called flattery, and just because people want to try something new doesn't mean they'll use it.

I used to create and animate custom sprites all the time, but haven't done it for about 5 years. Why? Got bored with it because it's such nitpicky work stick out tongue I just wanted to see if I could still do it. I wouldn't use a Mario sig anyway unless it were just Peach, if I were to actually USE a sprite sig I'd either make and animate them entirely myself, or do Zelda or Final Fantasy.

LanceWindu
Well gee, I don't complain when I make something and have a ton of people doing something similar...nor did I pitch a fit when I came back to find half the board had stolen my sig without permission. It's called flattery, and just because people want to try something new doesn't mean they'll use it.

I used to create and animate custom sprites all the time, but haven't done it for about 5 years. Why? Got bored with it because it's such nitpicky work stick out tongue I just wanted to see if I could still do it. I wouldn't use a Mario sig anyway unless it were just Peach, if I were to actually USE a sprite sig I'd either make and animate them entirely myself, or do Zelda or Final Fantasy.

Well gee, I'm not you...and you are better at animation than I am, pardon me for being proud of something only to be outshown by others before I could even use the signature for a full 24 hours.

Getting back on topic now...

Lana
TOH still kicks my ass, I'm too lazy to animate stick out tongue

Anyway, on topic...I've yet to spend anything on the next-gens.

DarkC
TOH still kicks my ass, I'm too lazy to animate stick out tongue

Anyway, on topic...I've yet to spend anything on the next-gens.
Ditto, I'm waiting until a 360 Premium Pack is available.

Lana
I'm waiting for the Wii.

DarkC
The Premium pack is considerably more rare when I'm looking for it, seems like.

I hate these stupid impressions.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
damn $2,122.92 thats alot

Pretty much that is my estimate on the cost. So far I've spend $633.95...

So far?

Not a damn penny happy

Resistance is futile evil face

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.