Human Torch vs. Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
who and how.

General Kon-El
Does this fight happen near water? a shore? lake? river?

Grimm22
Although, Aquaman has the advantage in skills, strength and smarts; Torch is alot more powerful than Arthur is.

Besides its not like Aquaman is used to fighting fire guys.

Can you say Nova?

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Does this fight happen near water? a shore? lake? river? For your scenario, yes.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Grimm22
Besides its not like Aquaman is used to fighting fire guys. He did fight Kako, his former lover-turned fire elemental. I'd say she was a good deal stronger than Human Torch seeing as she was able to stay on fire, and fight underwater. It was a pretty inconclusive fight though.

If the fight takes place near water, i see Aquaman heading for it straight away. Orin can control the water via his hand, so he'll be able to bring that into play offensively. The hand can also heal and keep Orin hydrated. Torch would have to unleash a very large amount of power to take Aquaman out in one hit. Even then, if Torch goes for that Aquaman could control the water to become a shield.

If Aquaman goes in for close quarters, he only needs to get a good hit in to take Torch out. Dangerous though, if Torch goes nova while Aquaman's up close that's it. I see Aquaman using his water control to distract Torch while he gets in close and lands a hit.

Plus Aquaman's got his TP, and his more obscure water hand powers that could give him an easy win.

Grimm22
Water Evaporates.

N'uff Said

also, Torch has some experience with fighting Namor and all.

Jesse7
The magic hand....good bye Human Torch

Accel
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
He did fight Kako, his former lover-turned fire elemental. I'd say she was a good deal stronger than Human Torch seeing as she was able to stay on fire, and fight underwater. It was a pretty inconclusive fight though.

If the fight takes place near water, i see Aquaman heading for it straight away. Orin can control the water via his hand, so he'll be able to bring that into play offensively. The hand can also heal and keep Orin hydrated. Torch would have to unleash a very large amount of power to take Aquaman out in one hit. Even then, if Torch goes for that Aquaman could control the water to become a shield.

If Aquaman goes in for close quarters, he only needs to get a good hit in to take Torch out. Dangerous though, if Torch goes nova while Aquaman's up close that's it. I see Aquaman using his water control to distract Torch while he gets in close and lands a hit.

Plus Aquaman's got his TP, and his more obscure water hand powers that could give him an easy win.
Just what I was going to say...

... except for the first three paragraphs.

Lucid Lui
Water Evaporates. How about water that's as hard and strong as steel? How easily does that evaporate?

General Kon-El
there's water that is as hard and strong as steel?

CM-Shazam
there's water that is as hard and strong as steel?
i guess water moving fast enough would feel like steel.

Lucid Lui
there's water that is as hard and strong as steel? Aquaman can control the density of his hand to become as strong as steel, or flow like water. He can extend that density control out to other bodies of water aswell.

Grimm22
How about water that's as hard and strong as steel? How easily does that evaporate?

Well considering that his nova blast goes up to around 3 million degrees or more, I would have to say that yeah its going to evaporate.

Psyquis52
There's a factory in Seymour, IN that uses jet streams of water to cut through plates of steel 3 feet thick. They also use water to cut patterns in fabric and patterns in iron. It's pretty nuts and fun to watch.

Lucid Lui
Well considering that his nova blast goes up to around 3 million degrees or more, I would have to say that yeah its going to evaporate. True. There is one possible way for Aquaman to defend against Torch going Nova though. One of the more obscure of the Water Hand's abilities, he can create portals to and from the Water Spirit Realm. He could protect himself from the blast by shunting what he needs to into the portal.

Big Sexy
What happens when you heat water to 300,000 degrees. well its a good guess that if he decreased the temperature, he would not need to evaporate the water. Just broil a fish.

Grimm22
True. There is one possible way for Aquaman to defend against Torch going Nova though. One of the more obscure of the Water Hand's abilities, he can create portals to and from the Water Spirit Realm. He could protect himself from the blast by shunting what he needs to into the portal.

eek!

Holy Crap!

Since when does a hand made of water make anyone this powerful?

Jeese, no wonder he trumped Namor

Big Sexy
eek!

Holy Crap!

Jeese, no wonder he trumped Namor
Remember Namor beat him, he just decided to stop and brag.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Remember Namor beat him, he just decided to stop and brag.

Not in the JLA/Avengers crossover if im not mistaken

Lucid Lui
eek!

Holy Crap!

Jeese, no wonder he trumped Namor It's a magical water hand. Magic = PIS. So of course it can do alot.

Big Sexy
Not in the JLA/Avengers crossover if im not mistaken My bad, I am thinking about the marvel/dc cross over.

grey fox
Magic Hand cures mutations , being hit by cosmic radiation MUTATED them.

One powerless teenager coming up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.