"New addition to the mythos"...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
From sw.com:

"Hyperspace Reveals the Secrets of Star Wars 07
May 10, 2006

Fans are already primed to make next year a Star Wars year to remember. 2007 marks the 30th anniversary of the beloved saga, and already there are whispers of possible events that will commemorate that milestone. But what hasn't yet been talked about is the biggest entertainment event of the year: a major addition to the Star Wars mythos.
It begins now. As with the earliest glimpses of Episode III, Hyperspace will be the first place to get a look at the secrets 2007 holds. A new image series, rich with explosive and intriguing concept art, is your first look at next year's biggest Star Wars surprise. Hyperspace members, click here to see it.

You can see it only in Hyperspace, and this is just the start. If you're not yet a member of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club, then sign up today!"

TF.N thinks it will be the Darth Vader video game, and they have these images up:

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/sosw07_3.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/sosw07_2.jpg

Here's a link:
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Secrets_Of_Star_Wars_07_98458.asp

Captain REX
Those images look sick. I too vote for the Darth Vader video game guess.

That last scene looks very much like the Battle of Kashyyyk from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, except for the presence of AT-STs.

Alliance
WOW eek!

but more impressive, those STs are the ones found on Hoth, the earlier ones, not the larger ones that we saw on Endor...

DiamondBullets
That pic with the bounty hunters looks pretty dope!

DarthMaul9123
Yeah but vader basically took kashyyyk single handedly

Captain REX
What version of the book did you read, DM?

And Alliance, it's the same model, the AT-ST in ESB looks smaller because it's in the background and next to an AT-AT. wink

But seriously, a Vader game would be quite fun. I mean...you'd be evil! And Vader!

DarthMaul9123
well, what post JA book should i read?

sithsaber408
I was kinda hoping it would be the T.V. show.

(Lucas):

"Ha, ha, got ya punks! Its a Darth Vader TV show."

Dah-dun-duh-da!! (carlos mencia noise)

But honestly, I'm wondering how it could be a video game.

They aren't considered cannon, so how could a new one be added to "the Starwars mythos"....?

Captain REX
Hmm. Well, the Star Wars mythos doesn't always mean 'canon like the movies!' The Star Wars mythos, to me, means everything involved. The video games are considered canon on a different level, underneath the movies but higher up on the scale on canonicity.

preysin
looks interesting

Alliance
that words a bit light for me.

InfiniteDY
Those pics are badass. thumb up

((The_Anomaly))
It could be a glimpse of the TV show. Or it could be the Vader Video Game, either way it looks badass. The bounty hunter one is sick.

Captain REX
Agreed.

I think this should be the official 'Oh snap, look what's coming!' thread. whistle

Sesse
No entiedo.

Captain REX
You're missing an N. no expression

sithsaber408
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
It could be a glimpse of the TV show. Or it could be the Vader Video Game, either way it looks badass. The bounty hunter one is sick.

I'd freaking shit my pants if it was the TV show.

Lucas shows all the fanboy wishlist stuff.

Ewan and Ian in about 8 min. of scenes, spread over 4 or 5 shows in 2 seasons, just pay 'em 1mil., they'll do it. (Ewan has said so.) showing us the "force ghost" trick.

Have Obi watch out for little Luke, obviously they have seen each other before EPIV, based on the dialouge in that film.

Have Vader hunt down the Jedi, a few padawans here and there, season finale: Vader v.s. Quinlan Vos!

Show Vader make his red lightsaber.

Pay Hayden a mil. to be in the hyperbolic chamber crying, and break a holo-pic of padme.

Lots of Bobba, lots of bounty hunting.

Show Jabba as a sleazy gangster, putting people to death and such...

Show the formation of the Rebellion (special guest stars: Jimmy Smits and Genevieve O' Reilly)

*wakes up*

Oh....

Well, at least a cool Vader game for xbox360.

(do they do story-boards for games?)

Captain REX
Uber-concept art, really. They probably have oodles more than what they show us on the net, really.

But a Darth Vader show, now that I think about it... droolio

Alliance
There's new art up on Hyperspace big grin

Captain REX
That we can't see! eek!

Are they still offering those free trials? stick out tongue

sithsaber408
http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/img/tease/secrets_mask.gif

edit: Nevermind.

Bastards!

Captain REX
Hah! They've wized up to people doing that, it seems.

Alliance
I dunno, but probably not.

Captain REX
Nope, they're done with that now that Hyperspace is oh so orgasmic.

sithsaber408
Makes me curious as to what they are showing, though.

It must be one heck of a game if they are going to be showing the concept art for it more than a year in advance.

eek! Maybe it's concept art for the CGI TV show!
The clone wars one!

Maybe it will have Vader in it too!

(The Kashyyk pic sure looked like Clone wars stuff. Or immediately therafter. The other pic, the hyperspace one I couldn't post, is all clone troops getting knocked against a wall or something.)

That would rule!

I'm really starting to think that it's not a video game, comic, or novel, but hints of one of the shows.

None of the other stuff would be called "A new addition to the Star Wars mythos"....

and I certainly never saw any concept stuff a whole year ahead of Battlefront 1 or 2, or KOTOR 1 or 2.

Alliance
I just want to see more of my clones... big grin

moviefreak_173
It is a game about darth vader after Episode 3. I have the images. They were shown at E3.

sithsaber408
sadOriginally posted by moviefreak_173
It is a game about darth vader after Episode 3. I have the images. They were shown at E3. sad

Can you post them?

Or PM me with them, and I'll post them.

Captain REX
Same here, that'd be great.

overlord
HURRAY!! I WANT TO SEE VADAR KILL EVERYBODY!!!11!111

sithsaber408
There's a new one up today, apparently showing Kashyyk burning, and overrun with Imperials.

SW.com says that makes 4 now......

Anybody got Hyperspace/know where to find 'em?

sithsaber408
BUMP. zorro

So they posted a new pic today (for Hyperspace members):

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/tease.html?tPage=/hyperspace/member/secrets/2006/07/secrets20060705.html

Anybody here still have hyperspace?

Do we know what this is yet?

A new video game, or a t.v. show or what?

Captain REX
TheForce.net says that that makes seven pictures. confused

And I haven't heard any guesses on the new pictures. Haven't seen them, either.

Alliance
I don't have hyperspace.

Captain REX
Does someone? ermm

sithsaber408
Not likely. sad

Ah, how I wish for the pre-Episode III days when scramba would be here every tue. to give us the new Before the Helmet......

Captain REX
Which I never got to see. schmoll

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Unleashed

It's a video game.

sithsaber408
I see.

Well, there's a new pic up, with a dark-hooded red lightsaber wielder (not Vader) facing somebody with a green saber, and has the tagline: "Reports of some demises turned out to be inacurate"

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/tease.html?tPage=/hyperspace/member/secrets/2006/07/secrets20060712.html

Alliance
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Not likely. sad

Ah, how I wish for the pre-Episode III days when scramba would be here every tue. to give us the new Before the Helmet......

I too miss the golden days.

Captain REX
The Wikia article I posted has descriptions of the pictures.

Qui-rom
http://rapidshare.de/files/26264708/SW_ForceUnleashed.rar.html

sithsaber408
Doesn't work.

Qui-rom
That's work for me and other members of different forums...

moviefreak_173
Thanks for uploading those to rapidshare.

Qui-rom
"You can never go back - Some things are best left in the past"

sithsaber408
eek!

moviefreak_173
That is awsome.

chinabing
Nice conception. No youngling bodies either.

Curious, was the Jedi Temple ever in the background in the ROTJ special eds finale?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Qui-rom
That's work for me and other members of different forums...

I've tried downloading it several times, either to open it, or to save it in "my pictures".

Thats how I've saved videos and stuff from rapidshare before, but this isn't working for some reason.

Perhaps you can post the rest of the pics?

For Chinnabing:

Yeah, on the 2004 SE dvd's. smile

Qui-rom
"Force Repulse"

Qui-rom
"That's Gotta Hurt : Durasteel walls and marble pillars are no match for the powers of the Force"

Qui-rom
"Trough the Fog - The skies of this historically tranquil planet are once again filled with gigantic warship"

Qui-rom
"World On Fire - Imperial and Wookiee forces collide on Kashyyyk"

Qui-rom
"Lost and Found - On a world where much comes to vanish, a lone figure stands up to be noticed"

Qui-rom
"Branching Out - There's more of the Wookie home world waiting to be explored"

Qui-rom
"Wear and Tear - Not exactly a scenic spot that would make its way into a galactic travel brochure"

Qui-rom
"The Bigger They Are... - Only different in your mind, my young apprentice"

Qui-rom
"Worlds Apart - A galaxy awaits the next storm..."

Qui-rom
"Greatly Exaggerated - Reports of some demises turned out to be inaccurate..."

sithsaber408
Happy Dance eek! Happy Dance

This is freakin sicK!

I can't believe that this is all for the Darth Vader video game, all those pics are about left-over Jedi fighting the Empire.

The pics on the first page are of Vader w/ bounty hunters, Vader w/ stormtroopers invading Kashyyk, etc....

I'm starting to get delusions of granduer that these may be for the new T.V. show!

Alliance
THANK YOU QUI-ROM!

Really. It is appreceated more than you know big grin

overlord
"Trough the Fog - The skies of this historically tranquil planet are once again filled with gigantic warship" This is especially a cool picture.Originally posted by Qui-rom
"Greatly Exaggerated - Reports of some demises turned out to be inaccurate..." Hey, isn't Shaak Ti supposed to be killed by Anakin?

sithsaber408
Yeah, but since it was never put in the film it's up for grabs!

Alliance
There were like 7 different end of Shaak Ti sequences and none were official laughing

So....SHE LIVES!

moviefreak_173
Does anyone have the new trailer for the OOT DVDs that premiered on the official site?

moviefreak_173
Nobody has the trailer?

Alkaselzer
Kickass.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
If those pics really were for the tv-series or if the tv-series ever will show Vader in such action....MAN...then they really should consider re-making Ep4.
I can tell ya now>It surely will make the Vader/Obi-Wan duel look like crap, no matter what classic feeling you have with the OT.

Alliance
Episode 4 SHOULD NOT BE REMADE!.

However...ad Episode 2.5 and 4.5 would be cool

Except it would confirm Lucas as a total moneywhore.

sithsaber408
Apparently it is all for a game. sad

Oh well, here's the footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3b...%2D189204%2Ephp

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Alliance
Episode 4 SHOULD NOT BE REMADE!.

However...ad Episode 2.5 and 4.5 would be cool

Except it would confirm Lucas as a total moneywhore.

Episode4 should ofcourse never be remade.
Apparently, you didn't understand what I mean.
If they make the tv-episodes an all out fancy Vader-Acrobatic combat show, then the duel in Ep4 is gonna look like a joke as is for the rest of Ep4 I think.
I hope they make the tv-series filled with action and good story, but they should certainly tone down on CGI etc...

moviefreak_173
The show should start out looking like Revenge of the Sith with cgi, but as the show gets closer to the A New Hope storyline they should use less cgi and more models. This would create a visual bridge between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

General Zink
Not that that would happen.

Meanwhile, I've been saying it's a video game for months. stick out tongue

Alliance
Originally posted by J.M FcThumbs-Up
Episode4 should ofcourse never be remade.
Apparently, you didn't understand what I mean.
If they make the tv-episodes an all out fancy Vader-Acrobatic combat show, then the duel in Ep4 is gonna look like a joke as is for the rest of Ep4 I think.
I hope they make the tv-series filled with action and good story, but they should certainly tone down on CGI etc...

I dont think consistancy matters....everyone knows that Star Wars was made in '77. I say Lucas should just go for it. Star Wars is classic and no modern increase in sfx will take that away from ANH.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Alliance
I dont think consistancy matters....everyone knows that Star Wars was made in '77. I say Lucas should just go for it. Star Wars is classic and no modern increase in sfx will take that away from ANH.

Point taken....and a very good one too!
I couldn't agree more, it just makes me scary, that's all!!!!!

laughing wink

Alliance
cool

Captain REX
New one up today.

Qui-rom
"Under protection - The skies of Felucia are much safer now under the vigilant eyes of the Galactic Empire"

sithsaber408
thumb up

Alliance
At least all those random EIII planets will get a little more attention.

Qui-rom
"Postcards from the Core - These location studies show unfamiliar angles of a familiar home world"

overlord
"Under protection - The skies of Felucia are much safer now under the vigilant eyes of the Galactic Empire" Is there anyone who thinks those fungus forests look cool? I think they're silly..

Alliance
I think they look like Lucas contracted Dr. Suess to design a planet.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Somebody has to eat mushrooms in the SW-Universe or what?

Qui-rom
Maelstrom - "It was a storm... there was no other word to describe it. It was like a sick joke, since we were supposed to be the stormtroopers..."

Archangelysses
woo hoo

freakin kick ass

cant wait cant wait

sithsaber408
Maelstrom - "It was a storm... there was no other word to describe it. It was like a sick joke, since we were supposed to be the stormtroopers..."

eek!

Why oh why can't these be concept arts from the new TV show? sad

Qui-rom
Sorry i'm late lol

"No way out but up - Sometimes, you can never have enough manpower to surround a Jedi"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.