Xmen training team vs the originals and some of the more populer ones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Fate
so in the a recent issue of xmen Emma Frost had a fight between the remaining students to see which ones would become X-men. Can theses new upstarts beat the originals. No prep on the xavier insitute grounds. and Jean can't just mind control them all or Phoenix them to death.

New Xmen
Hellion
Surge
Elixiar
Dust
Mercury
Rockslide
X-23
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_X-Men

Originals
Cyclops
Beast
Iceman
Archangel
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Colossus

Phoenix_Avatar9
currently, ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKIN WAY! too skilled and powerful

iceman will be unbeatable, his skill and power outmatch each of the students

even without mind controlling or manifesting Phoenix, Jean is the most powerful/skilled telekinetic in Marvel. Before the Phoenix merger, she could control molecules, and even though she's not allowed to control minds, she can use her telepathy to enhance her team's power levels.

not sure about the rest of the team, since they're physical characters, but definitely w.o.a.d. the classic

Lucid Lui
Are the original team at current levels or at the early years levels?

Blair Wind
Original Team (even just the five) wins very easily (plus the two second generation ones includding colossus who just beat the crap outa them in a training session didnt he?)

superbatman86
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
currently, ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKIN WAY! too skilled and powerful

iceman will be unbeatable, his skill and power outmatch each of the students

even without mind controlling or manifesting Phoenix, Jean is the most powerful/skilled telekinetic in Marvel. Before the Phoenix merger, she could control molecules, and even though she's not allowed to control minds, she can use her telepathy to enhance her team's power levels.

not sure about the rest of the team, since they're physical characters, but definitely w.o.a.d. the classic
100% correct.The one thing I gotta say is that Jean shouldn't be able to control molecules.I'm not arguing that she can't because I have issues with her doing it but how does that have anything to do with telepathy or telekinesis?

Phoenix_Avatar9
she uses telekinesis to control the molecules

superbatman86
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
she uses telekinesis to control the molecules
I know but it still doen't make sense how she does it with telekinesis.If writers want to give people the ability to control molecules fine,if they want to give them the ability to alter reality fine,but it bugs me when people make tk and tp do these things when they never give an explanation of how they are doing it with tk.How does being psychic give you the ability to even notice anything that small?

Phoenix_Avatar9
Originally posted by superbatman86
I know but it still doen't make sense how she does it with telekinesis.If writers want to give people the ability to control molecules fine,if they want to give them the ability to alter reality fine,but it bugs me when people make tk and tp do these things when they never give an explanation of how they are doing it with tk.How does being psychic give you the ability to even notice anything that small?

because she's not just a psychic. She is the virtual goddess of psychics. The explaination was simple. Professor X stated that telekinetic sensitivity that extreme was known as manifestation of the Phoenix. Because she is something other than human, she is creation. Because she is the sum and substance of all that is, she is one with realms of matter and thought. That is why she can control molecules.

LordKaos
Because it's psychic. All of the abilities you mentioned before are just offshoots of telekinesis, like how Dani and Karma have psionic powers which are telepathic in nature, but not strictly telepathic in there applications.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by superbatman86

My friend, telepathy and telekinesis are two different things. With telekinesis (being able to move and manipulate objects with the mind), she would easily be able to move and control molecules if they have that kind of telekinetic power at their disposal.

superbatman86
That still doesn't explain how she knows where the molecules are.How can she focus on something so small?And she isn't the sum and substance of all that is she's the resurection force given conciousness.

Phoenix_Avatar9

Mr. Valentine
DAYYYYYYYYMNNNNNN that essay beats even GS big grin wooo stick out tongue

Phoenix_Avatar9
haha, well, u know how i do, lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.