Spector and Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
There are bound to be a few Zahn fans around here someplace. I haven't gotten around to reading Vision of the Future, but I recently did finish Spector of the Past....I thought it was excellent.
It was almost as good as the NJO series...

any thoughts...

LanceWindu
Vision of the Future is a great book.

It's where you first see Luke and Mara hook up and start liking eachother.

He even proposes to her in that same book.

Man it seems like forever since we had to use the spoiler tags.

Julie
At least a few months since I've used them.....I definately want to get a copy of this book soon....current estimates about a week

Corran
I thought the Zahn books were very good, better than NJO. IMHO.

LanceWindu
His series are great.

The NJO is right up there with them too.

Julie
Zahn's an awesome author, but I love the NJO series every bit as much as I liked Spector of the Past and better than the first book of his trilogy....

GordonSkywalker
I agree. I quite enjoyed reading Specter and Vision. More so than the early books of the New Jedi Order. I also liked Luke proposing to the lovely Mara Jade.

LanceWindu
I thought that it was too sudden for Luke to propose.

Because at the beginning of Specter they don't even want to be near each other. Same goes for most of the EU books up until then.

Julie
hey it could happen...besides they knew each other for a long time....so why not the sudden romantic interest?

LanceWindu
To me it just doesn't sound natural.

Corran
A love hate relationship, could work.

Julie
true...alls fair in books and fiction:-)

GordonSkywalker
I still liked them getting together at the conclusion of the Hand of Thrawn thing. And they were already married by the time Vector Prime kicked off the NJO series. Happy Dance

Julie
I eventually want to read the comic series called Union...but I don't usually go out and buy comic books

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't just make it into a novel. Collecting those comics can be even more expensive.

Julie
yup...once in awhile I go to a flea market and buy a few sw comics for about $1 each

GordonSkywalker
We don't have a flea market here anymore. It closed its doors some weeks ago, and I hear they're putting a home depo store there.

Julie
oh that's too bad...actually I go to one about 45 minutes from my house..it is in PA

GordonSkywalker
Lucky you.

Julie
yea flea markets are cool...the action figure people try to rip you off but I just don't buy from them...

GordonSkywalker
Smart girl. Everytime I went into the one out here, I was worried that strange lady at the perfume/cologne stand would try to spray me and my father.A horrible thing to have to worry about when entering a place like that. laughing out loud

Julie
some fear.....strange....but I suppose that could be a bad thing.....sometimes there are a lot of people there, but we make out alright...I bought a lot of star wars cards from this one guy there

GordonSkywalker
I used to collect Star Trek cards from a guy that was always there every weekend. I think he died recently.

Julie
that's sad....I don't know...I hope that this guy is there in the summer the cards were decently priced and I should have my job back and have some money by then...

GordonSkywalker
What job is that? Oh and in case I forgot to say it, I like Specter and Vision! Both are fantastic and thought-provoking novels that tie in with a lot of the Zahn and Anderson trilogies over the past dozen years or more.

Julie
SHop rite...BTW
and yes they are good .....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.