Battle Of Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Not to be confused or related to the INFINITE Battle Royal

These are the contenders:

Yahweh/Presence - from DC

The One Above All - from Marvel

God from Image - Image

Ahura Mazda - from DAWN by Linsner

GOD from Saint of Killers issues

Any other version of GOD from any other comic book source I failed to mention

I know this may seem impossible to debate, but if you look into it, it's not. There's many reasons why ONE could overpower the other....just think and back up your opinion however you can.

Even you GS smile

Lord Urizen
Like for example, Galactic Storm, you stated that we don't know if TOAA is Marvel's true supreme being, therefore its POSSIBLE that DC's Yahweh/Presence may be able to beat him.

Stuff like that....bring up whatever reasoning you can, don't feel your opinion won't matter or be invalid, anyone can be right here.

badabing
A very irate Jesus.

badabing
Continued.

batdude123
I for one say... who cares? We barely get to see any of these characters and it'd just be a stalemate so there really was not that much of a point to making this thread.

Takion
We barely know about image god.

batdude123
We barely know anything about the other ones either.

batdude123
Is anybody going to post on ANY of the threads? It's been awhile. confused

badabing
I have already showed the winner.

Lord Urizen
<<<I for one say... who cares? We barely get to see any of these characters and it'd just be a stalemate so there really was not that much of a point to making this thread.>>>>

I think you're jumping too fast here. You severely over looked it. I understand if you are not familiar with all the "Gods" above, but I sort of am. I could make several arguments here that would favor one god over the other, but I want to hear what someone else can come up with first

Lord Urizen
We barely know anything about the other ones either.

Umm...Would you like me to explain the background behind a few of them ?

Sorry, I didn't consider that most people on this forum might not be familiar with the other versions. I am guessing MOST people here are Marvel and DC fans..only

Lord Urizen
We barely know about image god

That may be true, but what do we know about him. Well What do I know about him:

1) he has presented himself in the form of an old lady to both Spawn and Angela at different times.

2) He (She really) allowed Spawn to take her hostage in that building several dozen issues back

3) He/She DID create the Image Universe as she stated to Angela in Curse of the Spawn

4) Has abandoned her post in Heaven

batdude123
Well, since they are almost never shown or even mentioned in comics for that matter, this thread is going nowhere. I hope you know this. wink

Lord Urizen
Well, since they are almost never shown or even mentioned in comics for that matter, this thread is going nowhere. I hope you know this

This thread will go no where if everyone looks at it that way. Okay let me change the question from who would win, to who would go down first.

I understand that If you know nothing about any of them, you can't argue.

But these characters are not all super-secret. There is a lot of info on some of them, and a debate CAN be made.

I think I'll just give my opinion first then, and lets see where it goes.

even if it only lasts like 10 replies

badabing
Why don't you post links to the characters?

Lord Urizen
Why don't you post links to the characters?

That's a great idea, I will try my best to find valid and informative links on all characters.

Let me just give my input, I feel obligated to do so just to give someone something to debate with me on.......

Yahweh/Presence - from DC Is said to be completely beyond the concepts of Death/Oblivion. Therefore cannot die. Debators have said that Yahweh actually created the Presense as he did the Word, etc.
He is father to Lucifer and Micheal etc, each character is said to have the power to create and destroy entire multiverses, although the validity to that has been challenged as well. Yahweh has the ability to reshape reality as he sees fit. Any decision he makes has been described by some latin word meaning "From the Beginning of Time" meaning that any new command he gives will AUTOMATICALLY ERASE the old structure and order, making it as if it NEVER EXISTED...this info I read from a Lucifer issue.

This version of God, however, does seem to have his limits. He has conflict and frustration with his defiant son Lucifer who always challenges everything about him. This version of God is imperfect. If he would re-create the entire order of a Universe/Multiverse, that would mean it was because he made a mistake with the old order, and therefore needed to rectify it.

I remember in his argument with a female character, he justified his reasoning for wanting to destroy the old universe and recreate a new one by saying if he DID re create it, it will be as if the current universe NEVER existed, therefore he would have not killed ANY ONE...because they would have re verted to non existance before actually "dying".

He seems to be a bully and a JADED individual in many of his convos.

The One Above All - from Marvel Not much is known about him except that he is above Living Tribunal and therfore above IG. So we would have to look at info on Living Tribunal to make some judgements. He may be equal to or above Classic Beyonder, and remember: Classic Beyonder's only flaw was that he didn't know what "DESIRE" was, but he had the power of many multiverses. Also some people claim that Thanos w HOTU is equal to or STRONGER than TOAA....if anyone knows about this, you can try and make a point based on this bit. GS claimed that we dont even truly know if TOAA is Marvel's God or Supreme Being, so this would suggest that Yahweh could be above TOAA.

God from Image - Image- I stated his/her info above.

Ahura Mazda - from DAWN by Linsner IS LITERALLY supposed to be GOD..God of the Christian, Islam, and Judaic religions combined. However, he is not the supreme being in Dawn's Universe. In fact he is a FRAWD and a BULLY and a HYPOCRIT, not to mention he's actually gay. He is Lucifer's lover, and banished him from Heaven when Lucifer would not follow his plans, only to forgive him with smooch later on in the series. Dawn was able to cut off Ahura Mazda's hand with this cosmic level sword.

Don't get confused here....Ahura Mazda IS very powerful, and probably more powerful than Dawn herself. He did create Heaven, Hell and the Angels. However, he is below Death in Cosmic Heirarchy. Cernunnos, Dawn's lover and Death incarnate himself, is above "GOD" in this mythos. He is indeed VERY powerful, probly more than Mistress Death from Marvel or Death of the Endless from Vertigo.

GOD from Saint of Killers issues...I don't know much about Saint of Killers, but from what I heard God in this version was KILLED by Saint of Killers, therefore this God is not truly immortal. He or Ahura Mazda might be the first "GODS" to lose this battle.

In my opinion it either comes down to Yahweh, TOAA, or God from Image.

Okay...ne more possiblities here? Don't be afraid to throw in any other "GOD" u know, and don't be afraid to challenge my statements.

meep-meep
Originally posted by badabing
Continued.

Since when did Jesus turn into a fighter?

AJ4LIFE
ive got image god vs image devil

Lord Urizen
Since when did Jesus turn into a fighter?

Yeah its kinda cheesy and Christian propaganda in my opinion, not to mention it goes AGAINST everything Jesus stood for...non violence being one of those things...

Ahh....but they you had the right to bring him up (the person who did). Do you honestly think this Jesus would kill all of the above ?

If so, why ?

AJ4LIFE
can somone post the rest plz after zues and hesus stand off

Jvenom
I would say GOD from Saint of Killers issues would lose since he has been proven to be mortal.

Ahura Mazda from DAWN by Linsner is not all powerful and does not rank as high as the others.

The God from Image we know little about, but I do not think it has ever been mentioned that she is the creator of other universes, just the Image one. Of course because of the little data on her I am not 100% certain. If you look at Image comics the beings in heaven and hell do not seem as powerful as Marvel's or DC's so it can be said that Image's God is not on the muliverse level.

Now it comes down to TOAA and Yahweh/Presence. Both are suppose to be supreme beings in all of exstince that are above all. If this is true then their fight would go on for all time. However, Yahweh/Presence does not seem to be all knowing. He as made mistakes in the past and wanted to correct them, something that would not have happened with an omniscience being. From what we have been told of TOAA and what can be based on from The Living Tribunal's acts he is omniscience, omnipotent, and has omnipresence, placing him above the rest.

In the end from what I have said TOAA should come out on top.

batdude123
Nah, Yahweh wins because he's stated as the supreme being in DC. TOAA (pointed out by GS) hasn't been formally stated as being the supreme being in the Marvel Universe. wink

Lord Urizen
Thank you so much for your post.

This proves that my thread did have SOME purpose here.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
The God from Image we know little about, but I do not think it has ever been mentioned that she is the creator of other universes, just the Image one. Of course because of the little data on her I am not 100% certain. If you look at Image comics the beings in heaven and hell do not seem as powerful as Marvel's or DC's so it can be said that Image's God is not on the muliverse level.

All correct except for one thing:

In Image Comics some of the Angels are said to be able to spark Super Novas. Abdiel from Curse of the Spawn had a sword that was capable of slaying even immortals, and he could have BUTCHERED Malebolgia with EASE if he would have been ALLOWED to do so instead of having to follow orders.

Also Angel Zera is considered one of the most powerful beings in the IMAGE UNIVERSE...she alone has been murdering "Forgotten ONES" the brethen of Mammon in thier attempt to take back Heaven from the Seraphs and the other angels in charge of Heaven.

Mammon, a Forgotten One, claims to be nearly omnipotent, he has authority over everyone and everything in Hell except for Satan himself.

Angela was also a powerhouse in her own right, far below Mammon but definately on a level that could beat someone like Silver Surfer or Thanos.

Although God is said to only have dominion over her one universe, I don't thnk Image HAS a multiverse, nor needs 1. Todd McFarlane doesnt really follow that idea so much. Image's one universe may be equal to DC and Marvel's multiverse, but who knows.

Ne ways, on topic of Yahweh..yeah he is fallible. He makes mistakes all the time, and he wanted to ERASE one existance to recreate another since he was DISSATISFIED with his current creation. He may have omnipotence, but NOT omniscience, and certainly has numerous personality flaws...as WOULD he if he birthed Lucifer.

TOAA does seem like the winner here, except Galactic Storm pointed out an interesting point: TOAA has not been proven to be Marvel's Supreme Being, only suggested so, and GS may be right about that. TOAA may be equal to Classic Beyonder in power, but that's another uncertainty.

However you gathered enough of an argument to convince me that TOAA might be the winner. Thanks for ur input, this debate feels much stronger because of everything you said wink

batdude123
Thank you so much for your post.

This proves that my thread did have SOME purpose here.

shifty stick out tongue

Lord Urizen
JVenom, that thank you was FOR YOU btw

Lord Urizen
lol sorry Batdude, thank you too, but taht was intended for J VENOM

Juntai
Yahweh is a Vertigo character, not a DC character.
But either way, everything has gone to his plan. He's even mentioned it in Lucifer before.

Presence has never been portrayed as fallible, or even really been depicted on panel at all. The Presence -is-. It's not a character.

Lord Urizen
Yeah Juntai ! I missed you !

Yeah i know, the Presence is not flawed, it just is..its not a character, its just POWER...

I've been sticking to that fact ever since you mentioned it. wink

However, Yahweh is flawed. He was dissatisfied with the current existance, so he wanted to erase it and re create it as if the current one never existed.

The VERY FACT that he was DISsatisfied with his OWN creation, and wanted to RE CREATED IT, shows his ability to makes mistakes....HENCE being a flawed being.

Lord Urizen
In fact, although Yahweh is wayyyy more powerful than Ahura Mazda, they have ONE thing in common:

Lack of concern for who they hurt.

They don't care who suffers and how much they suffer, all that matters if what he must do to fit his "great plan"

they are both bullies, and therefore flawed beings.

batdude123
Oh well. At least we can agree that Wolverine with the power of his fanboys would pwn the crap outta all these guys by himself. big grin laughing

Lord Urizen
laughing

And Juntai don't forget to read my message ^ i think i made some really good points there to you. smile

Jvenom
JVenom, that thank you was FOR YOU btw

Thank you

Lord Urizen
Ofcourse JVenom

you deserve it, you made an extremely GOOD argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.