Best intros. (Gameplay, not cinematics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
Got this idea from the movie discussion forum.

What are some of the best openings to games? The intro level or whatever you call it.

The first part of RE4 was absolutely incredible, it was such a change of pace from the old games.

InnerRise
The beginning of God of War was good when he was fighting the Hydra.

Also the beginning of Shadow of the Colossus was good just b/c fighting any of the monstes was a spectacular experience.

is it comprehensible.....

H. S. 6
The beginning of God of War was freakin awesome.

Plus, Halo and Halo 2's intro level... yes... cool

Koala MeatPie

crazy_shadow
Diablo 2

Smasandian
Definitly the Tram Ride in Half-Life.

Beelzebuu
The Tower in Megaman Legends. They just drop you in and you have to learn because just around the corner is the first fight.

DarkC
Halo 2's opening level and the following one was just phenomenal.

SaTsuJiN
This gotta go to Final Fantasy 6... when terra and the two troopers are marching on Narsche in thier MagiTek armor... so awesome.. and terra's theme just pwnz...

IcePunk
Super metroid, the arrival at the Space colony.

Off topic: I've updated my art and fanart thread, just follow the link under my sig ^^

kamikz
Shadows of the Colossus was pretty awesome in the beginning, but the absolute favourite must be Zelda, Ocarina of Time.

Spartan005
Originally posted by DarkC
Halo 2's opening level and the following one was just phenomenal.

ditto.... but those bastards left out the demo level mad

Impediment
Shadow of the Colossus and RE4. Freakin' Sweet.

Superboy Prime
Ocarina of Time's was outstanding. I remember just being blown away by the beautiful graphics and everything taking place.

Metal Gear Solid's was also an outstanding intro. With all the sneaking around and after killing some guards having Snake take some stuff off and the title Metal Gear Solid-Tactical Espionage Action- popping on the screen.

Priceless.

Come to think of it those 2 may be my favorite games ever.

Oh yeah couldn't forget Xenogears' with Fei's Weltall going wild and blowing the crap out of the town. You were left with this feeling of WTF it was amazing.

kamikz
Totally agree. Zelda and MGS, best games ever. Funny how the creators know eachother well too....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.