Apokolips vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Galactus comes to Apokolips to feed. Can Darkseid and his army stop the planet from becoming a blueplate special?

Milkie
NO

BlaqChaos
Come on, it's one of the most advanced planets in the universe.

spideycarnage
galactus has one of the most advanced spaceships in the universe, and he is one lof the most powerfulest beingings in the world. galactus wins.

Juntai
Originally posted by spideycarnage
galactus has one of the most advanced spaceships in the universe, and he is one lof the most powerfulest beingings in the world. galactus wins. You mean universe not world right?

Either way, both of those describe Darkseid as well.
New God tech also seems higher than Galactus', given what we've seen it capable of.

And he's not the only one to watch out for on the planet, there's lots of high power people there.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Juntai
You mean universe not world right?

Either way, both of those describe Darkseid as well.
New God tech also seems higher than Galactus', given what we've seen it capable of.

And he's not the only one to watch out for on the planet, there's lots of high power people there.

yeah i was meaning universe.
it would be hard to galactus to acuallty devour the plant.. the FF4 drove off galactus many times from earth. Im sure darkseid would find a way. but if galactus wanted, he could destroy the enite planet if hewas not allowed to feed.

Juntai
yeah i was meaning universe.
it would be hard to galactus to acuallty devour the plant.. the FF4 drove off galactus many times from earth. Im sure darkseid would find a way. but if galactus wanted, he could destroy the enite planet if hewas not allowed to feed. The planet is an extension of Darkseid's power, it is not actually a planet. Dirt, bricks and stuff.

Big Sexy
Would the needs of Galactus be satiated. Apokolips seems like a barren wasteland. I know he tried in the crossover but its not canon.

Juntai
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Would the needs of Galactus be satiated. Apokolips seems like a barren wasteland. I know he tried in the crossover but its not canon. Probably not, his machine turns giant mudball planets into a type of energy he can absorb. Darkseid's planet is not actually a planet.

Adam Warlock
I recall a certain crossover that which Darkseid couldn't do crap to Galactus. smile All he did was watch Galactus try and consume his planet because he couldn't do squat.

That was a hungry and weak Galactus too. The only reason why Galactus left is because Apokolips was basically a big ball of dirt in space. There was nothing for Big G to consume.

Galactus takes his Apokolips 9 times out of 10.

General Kon-El
Darkseid pwns

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
I recall a certain crossover that which Darkseid couldn't do crap to Galactus. smile All he did was watch Galactus try and consume his planet because he couldn't do squat.

That was a hungry and weak Galactus too. The only reason why Galactus left is because Apokolips was basically a big ball of dirt in space. There was nothing for Big G to consume.

Galactus takes his Apokolips 9 times out of 10. You recall the comic where Darkseid brought Surfer and Galactus both to their knees, then sent them looking for another planet to feed on you mean?
You are talking about The Hunger right?

spideycarnage
i thought he brought surfer down, but the OE had not effect on galactus..i could of sworn galactus brought darseid down with a cosmic blast.

grey fox
The planet is an extension of Darkseid's power, it is not actually a planet. Dirt, bricks and stuff.

Well then it becomes a battle between Galactus and Darkseid , and while one has grown in power within his showings the other has substantially decreased....

Brutacus
Well I also got the crossover, there is not much darkseid could do.
To Galactus.

But he can not get any energy from the planet

But still Big G would win 10/10

Mordum
Heres what really happened. Surfer invades the planet orion tries to stop him and fails. Darkseid comes in and omega effect on surfer then Galactus punks darkseid. Galactus cant feed off a dead plnate so he leaves.

Galactus wins 10/10

Brutacus
Darkseid didn't bring Galactus to his knees, just took a look in the comic and it was the other way around.

Galactus brought Darkseid to his knees, Darkseid only gave the silver surfer his memory back but the surfer couldn't do any thing against Galactus also in the comic Galactus is very weak.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Mordum
Heres what really happened. Surfer invades the planet orion tries to stop him and fails. Darkseid comes in and omega effect on surfer then Galactus punks darkseid. Galactus cant feed off a dead plnate so he leaves.

Galactus wins 10/10

Exactly.

If there was any life or energy flowing through that planet, Darkseid would have been looking for a new home.

Juntai
i thought he brought surfer down, but the OE had not effect on galactus..i could of sworn galactus brought darseid down with a cosmic blast. Galactus blasted him once, sure, but that isn't what happened here, where Galactus is getting stomped, after trying that blast.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p84ca5d6ac342876539f692cd6aa01810/fa6408e2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p29c62f8a4702170c71e021243f8e0003/fa6408d9.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p2c608e03e58741795f6d446ef37f6f32/fa6408cf.jpg

Surfer, who Darkseid already defeated, distracts him again, and then Galactus crawls back to feat and tries to claim to victory.. by grabbing ahold of his machine... Darkseid just watches, uncaring. Galactus figures out he's been duped into his getting himself and his Herald beat up for no reason, and they leave to find a new planet.

The scans are kinda small, but in that first post, you'll see that Darkseid only used a THOUGHT in effort to create those creatures, and put down Galactus.

Brutacus
Read the whole comic dude, galactus didn't even pay much attention to the creature's.
He was to busy setting up his machine, after that happend surfer came to help galactus and beat those creature's a lone now do you really think the surfer is stronger than his master.

Wenn darkseid tried to put surfer against galactus it only took galactus one blast to put surfer down and wenn Darkseid used the OE Galactus didn't even got hurt, and after the OE galactus blasted Darkseid away with one cosmic blast.

Juntai
Originally posted by Brutacus
Read the whole comic dude, galactus didn't even pay much attention to the creature's.
He was to busy setting up his machine, after that happend surfer came to help galactus and beat those creature's a lone now do you really think the surfer is stronger than his master.

Wenn darkseid tried to put surfer against galactus it only took galactus one blast to put surfer down and wenn Darkseid used the OE Galactus didn't even got hurt, and after the OE galactus blasted Darkseid away with one cosmic blast. I've read it, and I already posted what happened and showed scans of it.

Mordum
Nah its not a fight really galactus is just dodging the attacks. How about you show the scans where he fights darkseid....hmmm.

Juntai
Nah its not a fight really galactus is just dodging the attacks. How about you show the scans where he fights darkseid....hmmm. Galactus getting beaten down to ground is dodging?

Brutacus
So you know Galactus was in a very weak state.
And in the end he beat Darkseid very easy.
And those creature's didn't even hurt him, since he went right back putting his machine to gether.

Galactus didn't even pay much attention to darkseid, only the last few page's he turned and talked to darkseid, wenn the silver surfer was blasted by Galactus.

Galactus explained why he took the surfers memory away.

And than Darkseid thought he found Galactus his weakness, and tried to Omega Effect, it didn't even work on a hungry Galactus.

Mordum
Juntai you must be blind cause hes not even getting hit. the scan where he is on the ground he is ducking to avoid an attack. Where in any of those scans did one of those creatures tocuh him.

Juntai
So you know Galactus was in a very weak state.
And in the end he beat Darkseid very easy.
And those creature's didn't even hurt him, since he went right back putting his machine to gether.

Galactus didn't even pay much attention to darkseid, only the last few page's he turned and talked to darkseid, wenn the silver surfer was blasted by Galactus.

Galactus explained why he took the surfers memory away.

And than Darkseid thought he found Galactus his weakness, and tried to Omega Effect, it didn't even work on a hungry Galactus.
Yea, he was in a weak state.

Surfer was downed by Omega Beams.
Galactus got beat up by beings Darkseid created with a simply thought.
Surfer came in to try and save him.
During the distraction Surfer caused, Galactus tried to use his machine and claim victory.
But it was fruitless, because victory could not be claimed in this fasion because Apokalips' energy cannot be absorbed by him. . . .
So in the end all he did was come to Apokalips get him and his herald served and left with even less energy trying to find a new planet.

Juntai
Juntai you must be blind cause hes not even getting hit. the scan where he is on the ground he is ducking to avoid an attack. Where in any of those scans did one of those creatures tocuh him. They're small so you can't read them well, but Galactus catching a beating, trust me.

Brutacus
he wasn't really beat up iff he was would he get right back up and put his machine together??

Darkseid used the Omega Effect on Galactus didn't do much, galactus just blasted him with a cosmic blast and darkseid went flying, orion had to help darkseid to get back up.

So it was a clear victory for Galactus

Mordum
Im gonna post bigger scans of the fight in a sec.

Juntai
Im gonna post bigger scans of the fight in a sec. If you have scans of the fight, why would you say Galactus isn't even getting hit, when it clearly has him getting pounded into the ground?

Brutacus
thank you even thow I do believe they hit Galactus and he did went to his knees but they didn't really hurt him, because wenn the surfer helped or took over galactus ignored the creatures iff they would have been a threat to him he would fight now wouldn't he?

Xplosive
Galactus won in crossover (which actully doesn't mean much) and he was dodging the attack. Juntai, Galactus won pretty much extremely easily and effortlessy, Darkseid was useless.
But look people, let's be realistic. Pre-Crisis Darkseid was said supposedly to be equal to Full Powered Galactus.

So Apokolips take this.

Darksaint
Originally posted by Xplosive
Galactus won in crossover (which actullt doesn't mean much).
But look people, let's be realistic. Pre-Crisis Darkseid was said supposedly to be equal to Full Powered Galactus.

So Apokolips take this.

Not only that, but this battle is in DC. OE is in full effect, Darkseid is deemed essential to the universe and thus protected by the Source, and Galactus WOULD NOT have the same status he would have in Marvel, making him just a big gigantic robot/machine with a really advance spaceship.

Brutacus
Who say's Galactus won't be stronger in the other universe?

Darksaint
Who say's Galactus won't be stronger in the other universe?

Barring the Hunger crossover, Darkseid refused the IG remember.

superbatman86
Originally posted by Darksaint
Barring the Hunger crossover, Darkseid refused the IG remember.
He didn't refuse it,it had no power in the DC universe.

Darksaint
Originally posted by superbatman86
He didn't refuse it,it had no power in the DC universe.

Yeah, so that would mean Galactus would not be in the same status in DC as he would be in Marvel(equal to Infinity and Eternity). Galactus gets rocked.

Big Sexy
So what happens if we put darkseid in the marvel universe? Your looking for a win for darkseid where there is none. Why did the OE not affect him if they were in the DCU? Sorry, I like both but you guys are trying to give Darkseid an edge where he would clearly get smoked.

Darksaint
So what happens if we put darkseid in the marvel universe? Your looking for a win for darkseid where there is none. Why did the OE not affect him if they were in the DCU? Sorry, I like both put you guys are trying to give Darkseid an edge where he would clearly get smoked.

A well written Darkseid is just below a normal Galactus(some say they are even because Kirby said they are equal). In this battle, it's Darkseid and a whole dark planet(Apokolips), in DCU. You are underestimating Darkseid here. Check out his respect thread. I know how powerful Galactus is and his role, but Darkeid has had better feats. If he is coming to Apokolips, it would mean he is in starved mode, and he gets rocked hard.

If this was Marvel, Darkseid wouldn't be able to use the OE, but he still has a variety of other powers.

Big Sexy
Dude, your basing darkseid not on what kirby stated years ago ;
If you want to put darkseid at pre mode why dont I just put Galactus at full power. You base your arguements on putting Galactus at a disadvantage. Since they on a construct thats part of Darkseid, why not get the heralds involved (or tyrant for that matter) since they are all a part of Galactus. Sorry dude , I like Darkseid a lot also, but this thread is clearly trying to do everything possible to make Darkseid the victor when it won't happen. Why not just give Darkseid the ALE since you guys are trying force a victory.

Big Sexy
according to the comic. That was pre that lost to Galactus.

Juntai
Originally posted by Xplosive
Galactus won in crossover (which actully doesn't mean much) and he was dodging the attack. Juntai, Galactus won pretty much extremely easily and effortlessy, Darkseid was useless.

So Apokolips take this. That's not how I read it, Darkseid tried Omega Beams and got blasted, but made it back to his feet anyways....

Galactus did nothing but get beat up that whole comic besides that one good blast after the Omega Beams. Those automatons were created with the effort of a thought and brought Galactus to his knees, read the panels again.

Surfer came back to the fight to SAVE Galactus, and during the distraction, Galactus crawled back to his feet and started trying to use his machine and claimed victory.
Darkseid just watched, because he knew that was not the victory.
Galactus in his folly, realised that was duped into fighting an unnessirry fight, and getting himself and his herald beat up... and was then sent on his way.
You'll also notice in the comic, Galactus kept refering to Darkseid as strong, and Darkseid kept refering to Galactus like a chump.

Big Sexy
He kept referring to Galactus as "star-god "
yeah, that speaks chump to me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Big Sexy
That's not how I read it, Darkseid tried Omega Beams and got blasted, but made it back to his feet anyways....

Galactus did nothing but get beat up that whole comic besides that one good blast after the Omega Beams. Those automatons were created with the effort of a thought and brought Galactus to his knees, read the panels again.

Surfer came back to the fight to SAVE Galactus, and during the distraction, Galactus crawled back to his feet and started trying to use his machine and claimed victory.
Darkseid just watched, because he knew that was not the victory.
Galactus in his folly, realised that was duped into fighting an unnessirry fight, and getting himself and his herald beat up... and was then sent on his way.
You'll also notice in the comic, Galactus kept refering to Darkseid as strong, and Darkseid kept refering to Galactus like a chump.
Galactus has complemented on human torch being strong. That does not mean he is a match for Galactus. Galactus is impressed when those he considers to be lesser being put up a fight against him.

Juntai
But thats irrelivent, because I doubt Human Torch with an effortless amount of power, was beating him into the ground to the point where he needed to be saved.

Eh,... I think the crossover was made to read favoring either side, depending on who you want to win. But in the end, Darkseid still outsmarted Galactus, and had dropped both him and surfer to their knees. It's impressive no matter how you look at it.

But regardless, it's not canon, and Darkseid's feats are easily equal to or greater than Galactus, and then there's the army, the tech, and the planet to deal with it.

Big Sexy
True but their are many other factors to consider to this:
1. Darkseid is not pre considering he was not affected by the crisis
2. Darkseid, now is by no means the equal of Galactus
3. It looks like Darkseid will never have the status he once had considering he has been in is current form for years.

Juntai
True but their are many other factors to consider to this:
1. Darkseid is not pre considering he was not affected by the crisis
2. Darkseid, now is by no means the equal of Galactus
3. It looks like Darkseid will never have the status he once had considering he has been in is current form for years. What 'form' are you speaking of? A good part of his feats have been post crisis. His defeats have mostly been chalked up as avatars, clones, and Desaad in disguise. Meanwhile we see him in other titles spanking aspects of Death, and knocking out universal level threats, trapping Ares with the Godwave, etc.

Big Sexy
But thats irrelivent, because I doubt Human Torch with an effortless amount of power, was beating him into the ground to the point where he needed to be saved.

Eh,... I think the crossover was made to read favoring either side, depending on who you want to win. But in the end, Darkseid still outsmarted Galactus, and had dropped both him and surfer to their knees. It's impressive no matter how you look at it.

But regardless, it's not canon, and Darkseid's feats are easily equal to or greater than Galactus, and then there's the army, the tech, and the planet to deal with it.
I think the feats can be argued do to the characters. Galactus is not evil or good so it he really is not going to have pure demonstrations of power. The only feats that Galactus has shown of pure power that are greater than Darkseids are in non canon comics. These feats are notcounted on this forum because they can't be used as arguement but the status of Galactus implies he could.

Big Sexy
What 'form' are you speaking of? A good part of his feats have been post crisis. His defeats have mostly been chalked up as avatars, clones, and Desaad in disguise. Meanwhile we see him in other titles spanking aspects of Death, and knocking out universal level threats, trapping Ares with the Godwave, etc. Currently Darkseid is Supermans B%tch. He has shown on more than one occasion to have power over Darkseid now.
? regarding this topic. I know many have chalked loses to Doomsday as avatars but what makes that claim valid. I have seen the pics of Darkseid state that he was an avatar but how do we know the version that faced Doomsday was an avatar?

Big Sexy
I think its more of an assumption than a fact.

Juntai
Because in 1998-9, an Avatar of Darkseid told us Avatars like himself have been defeated or foiled, but Darksied is unstoppable and has never been conquered or defeated.

Brutacus
Euh it was galactus that brought darkseid to his knees after, darkseid tried the OE on galactus and Galactus just blasted darkeisd way like he was a bug.

Galactus was clearly winnning till he found out he couldn't extraxt energy from the planet so.

and ther silver surfer told him there was still time to look for a other planet

Juntai
Euh it was galactus that brought darkseid to his knees after, darkseid tried the OE on galactus and Galactus just blasted darkeisd way like he was a bug.

Galactus was clearly winnning till he found out he couldn't extraxt energy from the planet so.

and ther silver surfer told him there was still time to look for a other planet When Darkseid got the automatons going, as seen in the scans, he brought Galactus to his knees... with only a THOUGHT in effort.. . No, he wasn't clearly winning.

Galactus and Surfer got beat up -and- outsmarted, and had to desperately search for another source to feed off of. smile

Mordum
Please juntai enough with a "thought" and "to his knees" Galactus is just crouching. He wasnt even fighting back that shows how meaningless they were to him. In the end darkseid got punked on his own home planet which is a clear win for Big G.

Brutacus

Big Sexy
Okay but explain thee losses to later on when Superman put him in the source wall or when GOG first reappeared. He was Supermans B%itch then.

Big Sexy

Juntai
Please juntai enough with a "thought" and "to his knees" Galactus is just crouching. He wasnt even fighting back that shows how meaningless they were to him. In the end darkseid got punked on his own home planet which is a clear win for Big G. It clearly says in the words that Galactus is going down, not by his own will.. On the panel you can see where it says he is stagged, and then falls. Did he dodge the blows and trip on a shoelace? He was getting beaten down. Read the comic, then come back to me.

In the end, Galactus was beat up, and outsmarted, and sent packing.

Juntai

Brutacus
well didn't his herald the silver surfer, beat those creature's ++++++ orion to a pulp, or are you saying galactus is weaker than silver surfer???????

Iff the silver surfer could beat 5 of them and READ the comic lose because he did beat 4 or 5 of them.

galactus could 500 of those creature's, and still it doesn't matter wenn darkseid said he found galactus his weakness and tried the omega effect on it it didn't even help one bit.

Galactus blasted him away like darkseid was nothing

Big Sexy
Because he blasted the first one and they adapted and evolved, but you'd know that if you read the comic.
If the Silver Surfer is said to have 1 percent the power of Galactus. How weak should that tell you Galactus was and still he overpowered Darkseid. The surfer himself stopped those very constructs of Galactus.
Are you saying the Silver Surfer is stronger than Galactus?

Big Sexy
well didn't his herald the silver surfer, beat those creature's ++++++ orion to a pulp, or are you saying galactus is weaker than silver surfer???????

Iff the silver surfer could beat 5 of them and READ the comic lose because he did beat 4 or 5 of them.

galactus could 500 of those creature's, and still it doesn't matter wenn darkseid said he found galactus his weakness and tried the omega effect on it it didn't even help one bit.

Galactus blasted him away like darkseid was nothing
Dammit dude you beat me to it. laughing

Brutacus
sorry smile just have to comic and can't seem to find the part where galactus is being beaten.

Mordum
Please juntai dont turn into the next mider.

Big Sexy
me either.

Brutacus
it seems more people seen the comic.

Juntai
sorry smile just have to comic and can't seem to find the part where galactus is being beaten. Obviously in the scans I showed, he was getting beaten.

Likewise, he also dropped Surfer, and could have again. Both Surfer and Galactus had been put down by Darkseid at one point or another in the crossover. Then in the end, Galactus was outsmarted, and sent on his way. lol.

Juntai
Please juntai dont turn into the next mider. What the hell are you talking about? I'm the one showings scans of the fight were Galactus goes down, and we all know Surfer was dropped as well.

He defeated both of them, and eventually they had to run off to find a new source of power -- fooled by Darkseid.

I'm only saying whats in the comic.
If you can prove it otherwise, do it.

Yes, Galactus did blast Darkseid, yes he did get back up.
Yes, he did put down Galactus AND Surfer, at one time or another.
And yes, they were duped, and they fled to a new planet.

Big Sexy
Dude, I have a little scenario for you:
lets say I break into your house to rob you. I knock you out and I take your wallet but there is no money inside. So I leave your house. Does that mean you won the fight?

Lord Urizen
Dude Galactus was only toppled by some of Darkseid's giant drones. Not by Darkseid himself, and ultamately it did nothing.

Darkseid's Omega Effect didn't do anything to Galactus. The Big G just blasted him a mile or so away afterward.

Galactus was not out smarted. He was mistaken. When he realized that Apokolips has NO Life Energy, he realized it was for nothing, and left.

Darkseid didn't beat Galactus in any way.

Juntai
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Dude Galactus was only toppled by some of Darkseid's giant drones. Not by Darkseid himself, and ultamately it did nothing.

Darkseid's Omega Effect didn't do anything to Galactus. The Big G just blasted him a mile or so away afterward.

Galactus was not out smarted. He was mistaken. When he realized that Apokolips has NO Life Energy, he realized it was for nothing, and left.

Darkseid didn't beat Galactus in any way. They were an extension of Darkseids power, ALL of Apokalips is. Your first point is irrelivent.

Omega Effect didn't work? Oh well, he used another tactic, and beat him down.

And then Surfer and Galactus had to go find another planet to feed on.

Brutacus
the silver surfer told galactus there was still time to finf a other planet to find that galactus could take his energy from.

Juntai
the silver surfer told galactus there was still time to finf a other planet to find that galactus could take his energy from. There always is! smile

Big Sexy
You want to claim victory where there is none. Read my ? above.

Juntai
Dude, I have a little scenario for you:
lets say I break into your house to rob you. I knock you out and I take your wallet but there is no money inside. So I leave your house. Does that mean you won the fight? Except its a little different. It's more like -- You break into my house, shoot me, but it's only a grazing shot... I beat you over the head with a shovel, and your little homie runs through the door too, but I kick him in balls, while I'm kicking him in the balls, you take a look around to realise the house had nothing in it, and then both of you limp off to a new house to loot.

Big Sexy
Dude Darkseid was scorched. That was no grazing shot. Orion had to help him up.

Brutacus
come on Juntai you know galactus found out himself the planet didn't had energy for him to fedd on and you also know it was the silver surfer that told galactus there was still time to find a other planet.

Big Sexy
A far as the surfer is concerned. He is imbued with the power comic and can be argued to be a part of Galactus. That could counter your arguement of the planet being part of Darkseid.

Lord Urizen
They were an extension of Darkseids power, ALL of Apokalips is. Your first point is irrelivent.

Point taken.

Except he still didn't actually BEAT Galactus, just toppled him.

Omega Effect didn't work? Oh well, he used another tactic, and beat him down.

No it didn't, and he did not beat Galactus down ....why do you keep insisting he did? Maybe my comic book has a torn page or something, cuz i dont see it lol

And then Surfer and Galactus had to go find another planet to feed on.

TRUE.....but that doesn't mean Galactus was defeated. He saw no point in continuing this battle cuz Apokolips had no LIFE energy for him to feed on, only dead energy, and therefore it was worthless to Galactus. There's no defeat here, the Big G doesn't NEED to fight Darkseid, he doesn't CARE for him, he just wanted to EAT his world.

Juntai
Dude Darkseid was scorched. That was no grazing shot. Orion had to help him up. Orion helped him up, doesn't mean he had to. It's his father. If I fell backwards in my chair right now. My fiance` next to me would help me up, not that I can't get up on my own.

Juntai
come on Juntai you know galactus found out himself the planet didn't had energy for him to fedd on and you also know it was the silver surfer that told galactus there was still time to find a other planet. Yep. I know.

Brutacus
ow ok, so why do you keep telling us darkseid won.????

Juntai
That was my original post after someone had said they recalled Galactus beating the crap out of Darkseid.

Can any of you prove that wrong?
I already showed the scan he brought Galactus to his knees.
And everyone knows he Omega Beamed Surfer and took him down.

Everything I've said in this thread is relative to what happened in the comic.

Big Sexy
Orion helped him up, doesn't mean he had to. It's his father. If I fell backwards in my chair right now. My fiance` next to me would help me up, not that I can't get up on my own. So he must have been taking a nap under there or was he just hiding. If he was unscathed why didn't he just get back up immediately.

Big Sexy
Dude look at them both at the end of the comic. Galactus did not have a scratch but Darkseid looked like extra crispy day at the KFC.

Brutacus
well galactus didn't seemed hurt at all in the comic but in the end darkseid looked pretty messed up.

Big Sexy
well galactus didn't seemed hurt at all in the comic but in the end darkseid looked pretty messed up. we keep posting the same thought at the same time. laughing

Juntai
That was my original post after someone had said they recalled Galactus beating the crap out of Darkseid.

Can any of you prove that wrong?
I already showed the scan he brought Galactus to his knees.
And everyone knows he Omega Beamed Surfer and took him down.

Everything I've said in this thread is relative to what happened in the comic.

Brutacus
well seems we got a bit the same mind wink happy we argee, even thow we live over seas wink nowe we see it doesn't mind where you live people can still think about the same thing at the a same time eek!

diabloman
Apokolips ?

Brutacus
darkseids planet.

Big Sexy

seems to me your trying to take a desperate hollow victory? Even at that point Darkseid was in trouble and could not stop Galactus from setting up his tec. You mean to tell me that normal Galactus would loose. Dude, your really reaching for the stars aren't you.

As for your arguement concerning the surfer. He is imbued with the power of Galactus. Its funny when you argue feats concerning Galactus and Darkseid. It you want to look at it closer, Galactus has created Heralds so great, Galactus is not mentioned in most of their fights. They are imbued with the power cosmic and therefore can be seen as a piece of Galactus. Take the feats and powers of all the heralds and thats could still be seen as feats of Galactus.

Juntai
seems to me your trying to take a desperate hollow victory? Even at that point Darkseid was in trouble and could not stop Galactus from setting up his tec. You mean to tell me that normal Galactus would loose. Dude, your really reaching for the stars aren't you.

As for your arguement concerning the surfer. He is imbued with the power of Galactus. Its funny when you argue feats concerning Galactus and Darkseid. It you want to look at it closer, Galactus has created Heralds so great, Galactus is not mentioned in most of their fights. They are imbued with the power cosmic and therefore can be seen as a piece of Galactus. Take the feats and powers of all the heralds and thats could still be seen as feats of Galactus. Actually, both Darkseid and Galactus were both portrayed horribly. Part of why it's not canon. Truth is, Omega Beams alone have dropped greater threats than Galactus is, even at full power. I mentioned this way back in the thread, I've only been speaking on the crossover at all because people got it twisted. Galactus didn't just come and roast Darkseid. That Crossover doesn't determine the winner of the thread, however, and Apokalips still wins it.

Big Sexy
I guess Jun wants to hear
" yeah darkseid can give a little trouble to a starving , (almost dying from starvation Galactus". )
you sure thats a really proud look at Darkseid

Juntai
I guess Jun wants to hear
" yeah darkseid can give a little trouble to a starving , (almost dying from starvation Galactus". )
you sure thats a really proud look at Darkseid roll eyes (sarcastic)

Brutacus
still iff it's not canon Darkseid loses to a very weak galactus.

Big Sexy
Actually, both Darkseid and Galactus were both portrayed horribly. Part of why it's not canon. Truth is, Omega Beams alone have dropped greater threats than Galactus is, even at full power. I mentioned this way back in the thread, I've only been speaking on the crossover at all because people got it twisted. Galactus didn't just come and roast Darkseid. That Crossover doesn't determine the winner of the thread, however, and Apokalips still wins it. Dude its to late to get into an arguement about his affect on the spectre and the antimonitor. Please save that for another day. That will start an all new arguement.

Brutacus
to late or to early, you guy's kept me busy for so long now I hear the brids allready and it's starting to get light smile

Avalonofthewind
Apokolips wins. Take a look at what new god tech is capable of.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/newgodtech.jpg

Galactus goes down hard to a weapon anywhere near this level of power. See that guy in the background? Black racer, an avatar of Death itself? He worked for Darkseid. THAT alone earns the guy some respect.

Brutacus
silver surfer also stopped that guy so no big deal, read the cross over.
And the silver surfer only talked to the guy

Big Sexy
I suppose Darkseid can beat Galactus,Spectre,and anti-monitor roll eyes (sarcastic)
He just can't beat Superman

Juntai
And the silver surfer only talked to the guy Did you read that scan? Orion's tech can convert the entire universe into energy and rebuild it?

Everyone was portrayed horribly in The Hunger, the only reason I was even on that tip was because so many people had it twisted. It was a back and forth battle, at one point or another, Darkseid had both Surfer and Galactus downed, it wasn't a landslide 'easy' victory for Galactus.

Big Sexy
I know this is a low blow but
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382350&perpage=20&highlight=Character+ownage&pagenumber=5#post5585380
that hardly seems like a match for galactus.

Brutacus
well he didn't didn't figt back at all, and I can only give to reasons for it.
1. he was to hungry to fight and needed to get his machine to gether so he could get som energy.

2. or he thought the creature's weren't a threath.

Avalonofthewind
And the silver surfer only talked to the guy

I have the x-over. He told for Black Racer not to take Orion, in a heartbeat, Orions motherbox restored him to normal.

Surfer never fought Racer, he ain't beating an aspect of death.

Also a relatively weak blast from Galactus took out SS. A blast to Darkseid simply knocked Darkseid down.

This thread isn't just Darkseid, it's the entire planet and all it's tech. My scan shows what said tech is able to do.

Apokalips wins.

Juntai
well he didn't didn't figt back at all, and I can only give to reasons for it.
1. he was to hungry to fight and needed to get his machine to gether so he could get som energy.

2. or he thought the creature's weren't a threath. He did fight back, notice his eye beams and stuff? The automatons were written as having adapted to Galactus, and then beat him up.

Juntai
I know this is a low blow but
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382350&perpage=20&highlight=Character+ownage&pagenumber=5#post5585380
that hardly seems like a match for galactus. Lets not go there, Galactus got chased off by Invisible Woman.... and Thor. . . and. . . Do I need to go on?

Big Sexy
Lets not go there, Galactus got chased off by Invisible Woman.... and Thor. . . and. . . Do I need to go on?
Dude, I'm pretty sure superman is going to do that again. Darkseid was not chased, he got beat like rodney king.
Anyone its late and I gotta go.lata

Brutacus
well darseid used apokalips to his fullest why did you think darkseid needed to use to OE?????
Because even a very very weakend Galactus just could beatdarkseid and apokalips with orion, but galactus needed the help from SS with a lot of help from SS.

Avalonofthewind
Lets not go there, Galactus got chased off by Invisible Woman.... and Thor. . . and. . . Do I need to go on?

My personal fave...this is TRUE jobbing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg

Mordum
^Darkseid is the jobbing King. He has earned the name jobberseid.

Big Sexy
^Darkseid is the jobbing King. He has earned the name jobberseid.
Dude there's no point to this. If Darkseid got hit in the face and saw stars, they would say he felt nothing. Some of the things, like the crossover are ridiculous. I guess in the end people believe what they want to. In the end I see the cross over like this
Look at Darkseid and look and Galactus at the end of the crossover?
who looked jacked?

Big Sexy
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://comolo.redsectorart.com/images/villains/images/galdark2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://comolo.redsectorart.com/htm/villains/images/galdark2.htm&h=600&w=434&sz=155&tbnid=GwS5KI7s5iTJ5M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=96&hl=en&start=2&prev=/ images%3Fq%3DDarkseid%2Bvs%2Bgalactus%26svnum%3D10
%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D
I thought this fitting. At least someone found inspiration from the crossover.

Mider
yeah thats actually correct darkseid can HURT spectre, the antimonitor not beat them one on one but hurt them yes he can hurt them but beat them probably not, and please do give me a break with the superman crap everyone jobs to that blue butted baffoon even SBP a guy who womped i dont know how many GL's and other heavy hitters but yeah when he gets to supes he loses what a load of bull why would DC treat Darkseid any worse they even give him jobbing to batman treatment its weak.

Mider
why are we bringing crossovers into this there not even canon i cant bring them in why should any of you, if you wanna know how great his tech is he once drove back a whole army of green lanterns after he researched them and kicked there butts the battle went so bad that the gaurdians removed it from there history and pretended it never happend they even gave up one of there own GL's for darkseid to keep him and i would think the GL corps would have a great chance against Galactus but thats just me

TheKahn
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

After reading King Mungi's Alpha Flight respect thread, I've come to the conclusion that the only jobbing involved in that fight is that Alpha Flight should have beat him in half the time no expression

Seriously, that thread will f**k up your head dontgetit.

Tassadar
The comic of this I read had Darkseid sending everything at Galactus, including himself, Orion, and the Silver Surfer, and Galactus crushed them effortlessly
Big G wins

BlaqChaos
Is it even worth mentioning that in the next issue of Last Planet Standing, Galactus devours Asgard, and the Asgardians fail to stop him? If Thor and all the other Gods of Asgard couldn't stop Galactus, what hope has Darkseid?

Mider
asgard isnt as advanced as apokolips can asgard take on a few thousand GL's i think not, thats like taking on a few thousand heralds of galactus who can depending on there will power be as strong as a herald or be even stronger, beside that a GL army might even be strong enough to kill galactus if they all combined there power and did something really creative and alot of willpower this new corps could do it i hope. And please stop bringing the hunger crossover into this its not even canon so it dont mean squat if it was pre crisis darkseid he'd have had a better chance i would hope, he has womped promethian giants why not galactus since those giants are the equivalent of the celestials they come from the source i believe, none jobbing darkseid should stalemate galactus or kick his butt.

Big Sexy
Dude are you kidding, besides maybe 3 or 4 the rest of the lanterns are not herald level. Most of the lanterns are just retards with rings

jgiant
i m pretty sure this has been mentioned but this has happened in the comics...galactus won...he did have surfur but he didn't need him...

newjak86
Originally posted by jgiant
i m pretty sure this has been mentioned but this has happened in the comics...galactus won...he did have surfur but he didn't need him... As mentioned before that was in a non-cannon crossover.
Non Jobbering I'm basically the God the Devil Prays to Darksied could probably Stalemate all Galactus by himself and possibly win.
Darksied is no joke when you put him at full power. He could take all of Asgard by himself we are talking about a guy that wiped out panthoens of Gods easily.

Big Sexy
Dude, Galactus at full power can destroy a universe. The watcher has stated it as fact and it happened in a what if. Can Darkseid destroy the DCU, no. Darkseids only chance is if he as at full power and Galactus is not.

jgiant
yup

newjak86
Dude, Galactus at full power can destroy a universe. The watcher has stated it as fact and it happened in a what if. Can Darkseid destroy the DCU, no. Darkseids only chance is if he as at full power and Galactus is not. Technically he does possess the power in the Omega Effect to destroy alot if he wanted to. He really just wants the ALE though more than anything though it appears.

Big Sexy
Dude, that makes no sense whatsoever. Galactus is not evil, he just is there and will be there until the universe is gone. He does not do things that massive because he is not evil . Darkseid is evil. His OB are impressive but why was he at war with skyfather so long. Its because he can't rule the universe without the ALE.

Mider
where is it stated he's even at full power and im pretty sure the gl's are herald level depending on how strong there wills are thanks, darkseid can just have them mess up his machines and he'd die from the machines reversing themselves

Big Sexy
Besides hal, kyle, sentinel, and guy, most of the gls are not herald level. John stewart is not herald level and neither are the others for the most part.

Mider
how do you know do you have any proof?

Big Sexy
Look at SBP for instance. Do you really think he could kill 300 silver surfers but loose to Superman and earth two superman?
A herald is a near match for Superman except for the weaker ones like nova yet they all got tossed

King_Mungi

Did you even read the issue? or know who Guardian is or why he was created? it was all explained.

juggernaut66666

off course it is

the Darkone

That is some serious bullsh**, that's what I am talking about. Both companies jobber their characters to much to the point it is ridiculous.

Mider
everyone loses to superman dude even a galaxy destroyer like megadon, is it PIS but sadly they will write it in to say he does indeed have the potential to do those things just look at superman prime, and then they always have the excuse of making SBP drained of power or whatever, Apokolips has to much tech they might invent something that drains galactus power or whatever. How did Galactus die when he fought the shi ar empire?

King_Mungi
Uhhhh......instead of saying it's jobbbing know what actually happened in the issue. The Qwrlln are an ancinent scientific race that have been around for millions of years studying and fearing Galactus. They heard Earth heroes defeated Galactus they were delighted when they found Guardian on the jupiter moon they transformed him into their personal agent to do battle against Galactus. Just as Nova uncovered their planet they teleported to a special dimension that they fled to get away from Galactus. The reason they teleported to this dimension is it weakens Galactus severly, as he can't use his cosmic blasts anymore, which was all explained in the comic. Galactus enters this dimension and immediately finds out he can't do his major attacks. You know what, read it for yourselfs and comment.

If you actually read the comic, you would know what your talking about. However, posting one scan I guess is enough here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.