Spider-Man runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Spider-Man runs the gauntlet. Peter Parker has two hours between each battle. Where does he stop? His cartridge gets reloaded after every match.

1) Russian
2) Ra's Al Ghul w/o weapons
3) Bane w/symbiote
4) Cyclops & Havok
5) Storm
6) Gog Wars Doomsday

batdude123
Gets destroyed at 4.

Thanos_6383

spideycarnage
clears the guantlet.

just kidding, he's done at four.

TheKahn
4 sounds about right.

Fanboy
Yeah but if he does get past storm Gog destroys him.

CM-Shazam

MrHeavySilence
What symbiote are you talking about?

batdude123
Originally posted by Fanboy
Yeah but if he does get past storm Gog destroys him.

How the hell could he get passed Cyclops and Havok let alone Storm?

General Kon-El
But Spider-man has dodged Chance's laser blasts and Shockers vibranium blasts. Why cant he get past HAvok and Cyclops?

batdude123
Because all Cyclops and Havok have to do is let loose with their blasts and spin in a 360 omnidirectional fashion to win. They don't have to worry about hitting each other since their powers are nullified on one another. Anyways, I think Cyclops should be able to take him out alone. I mean it's not like a normal laser where it has to AIM, all he has to do is LOOK at Spider-man and he's dead. Not to mention that Cyclops's blasts are strong and WIDE enough to level whole forrests, Spider-man ain't dodging them. Cyclops and Havok should be able to take him 10/10.

RUNMAN
I would say he ends at 6

batdude123
Originally posted by RUNMAN
I would say he ends at 6

*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic) HE WOULD GET DESTROYED AT 4!

samishe
He would die at 1...

I know he wont but i'm just being patriotic...stick out tongue

RUNMAN
Originally posted by batdude123
*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic) HE WOULD GET DESTROYED AT 4!

Well, I say 6! He is capable of defeating no.'s 1-5 IMO

Validus

Omnidirectional blasts ensure he isn't dodging anything.

Black Adam
gets to four. then dies.

The Fake Macoy
He stops at 4), assuming Cyclops and Havok are allowed to cut loose. If they're fighting where there's lots of innocents around, then Spidey would win, but that isn't being fair.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus

Omnidirectional blasts ensure he isn't dodging anything.

Absolutely. yes

batdude123
Originally posted by RUNMAN
Well, I say 6! He is capable of defeating no.'s 1-5 IMO

C'mon man. Cyclops has tagged Quicksilver AND Northstar with his blasts. They both make Spider-man look like a snail.

Tron
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Spider-Man runs the gauntlet. Peter Parker has two hours between each battle. Where does he stop? His cartridge gets reloaded after every match.

1) Russian
2) Ra's Al Ghul w/o weapons
3) Bane w/symbiote
4) Cyclops & Havok
5) Storm
6) Gog Wars Doomsday

Cartridge? You are aware that Spidey's webs have been organic for the past year or so, right?

General Kon-El
no expression i guessed i missed the memo.

leonidas
C'mon man. Cyclops has tagged Quicksilver AND Northstar with his blasts. They both make Spider-man look like a snail.

tagging spidey is much different. spidey KNOWS where the blast is going and is already moving. q is quick, but spidey sense is the difference. omnidirectional blasts? how does that work? he spins in a circle and shoots a wide beam? where has he done that?

bane with a symbiote would be VERY difficult to defeat.

Metalmanx
Because all Cyclops and Havok have to do is let loose with their blasts and spin in a 360 omnidirectional fashion to win. They don't have to worry about hitting each other since their powers are nullified on one another. Anyways, I think Cyclops should be able to take him out alone. I mean it's not like a normal laser where it has to AIM, all he has to do is LOOK at Spider-man and he's dead. Not to mention that Cyclops's blasts are strong and WIDE enough to level whole forrests, Spider-man ain't dodging them. Cyclops and Havok should be able to take him 10/10.

While I agree that Spidey probably wouldn't make it past #4, you have to remember just how fast Spiderman is. If Cyke went to blast him and missed, he'd go for the omni-blast. But he can only fire in a certain direction at once, and it does have a height limit, too. Anyway, as Cyke goes for that, the Spider-sense goes off and warns him of the upcoming danger (yes, he'll know exactly what is about to hit him and where it will hit him). Anyhoo, he can move fast enough to completely move out of the path of the attack (as in, behind and constantly moving out of the path of the blast). But, this is really just in Cyclops' case. Havok would indeed be able to hit with him his omnidirectional plasma blasts.

So...anyway, Spidey makes it to #4.

Metalmanx
And another example.

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
tagging spidey is much different. spidey KNOWS where the blast is going and is already moving. q is quick, but spidey sense is the difference. omnidirectional blasts? how does that work? he spins in a circle and shoots a wide beam? where has he done that?

bane with a symbiote would be VERY difficult to defeat.

Well, Northstar moves at the speed of light. wink Anyways, Quicksilver has stated one more than one occassion that to him, the world seems to move in slow-motion.

leonidas
Well, Northstar moves at the speed of light. wink Anyways, Quicksilver has stated one more than one occassion that to him, the world seems to move in slow-motion.

lightspeed doesn't matter if she flies into the beam. if q does see things in slo-mo, then his getting hit should be pis. or he was exaggerating his own power, as q is wont to do. . . spidey likely reacts as quick as q, AND knows where things are going to hit. that's a wicked combo.

and i'm only speaking of cyke here. mm also showed some good reasons why spidey should beat cyke imo. him AND havok would likely be too much in most scenarios and i can't really see anyway spidey could beat a well written storm.

Tassadar
Spiderman got his ass kicked by the Russian when they fought, he stops at 1, unless this is normal Russian, then he loses at 6

batdude123
lightspeed doesn't matter if she flies into the beam. if q does see things in slo-mo, then his getting hit should be pis. or he was exaggerating his own power, as q is wont to do. . . spidey likely reacts as quick as q, AND knows where things are going to hit. that's a wicked combo.

and i'm only speaking of cyke here. mm also showed some good reasons why spidey should beat cyke imo. him AND havok would likely be too much in most scenarios and i can't really see anyway spidey could beat a well written storm.

While I agree that Spider-man would probably be able to dodge Cyke's thin regular blasts, I still don't think that he'd get out of the way fast enough if Cyke let loose with his "I can level an entire forest with one blast" blast. If Cyclops were to let loose with a barrage of blasts or simply take off his visor, I don't think that Spider-man would be able to do anything. Seriously I mean think about it, if Cyclops looks DIRECTLY at Spider-man and fires with a blast radius large enough to topple a whole forest, I don't think Spider-man would be able to dodge that. erm

Sparkz
While I agree that Spider-man would probably be able to dodge Cyke's thin regular blasts, I still don't think that he'd get out of the way fast enough if Cyke let loose with his "I can level an entire forest with one blast" blast. If Cyclops were to let loose with a barrage of blasts or simply take off his visor, I don't think that Spider-man would be able to do anything. Seriously I mean think about it, if Cyclops looks DIRECTLY at Spider-man and fires with a blast radius large enough to topple a whole forest, I don't think Spider-man would be able to dodge that. erm

So true cyclops looks at him prepares to fire spider sense goes off spidey dodges and cyclops follows by just moving his head, then fires a radius enough to level a forest, if its a concentrated beam spidey can dodge but a blast that can destroy a forest no....and then theres still havok lol.

batdude123
Originally posted by Sparkz
So true cyclops looks at him prepares to fire spider sense goes off spidey dodges and cyclops follows by just moving his head, then fires a radius enough to level a forest, if its a concentrated beam spidey can dodge but a blast that can destroy a forest no....and then theres still havok lol.

Exactly my point. yes

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Sparkz

I don't think you guys understand what I'm trying to say. Upon sensing the visor-less beam, Spidey can move into Cyclops, ya know? Move right in front of him and/or around him. Cyke can't look everywhere at once. THAT'S what I'm trying to say. So, while I think that Spidey can take of Cyke, he can't take on both Cyclops and Havok at the same time.

batdude123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I don't think you guys understand what I'm trying to say. Upon sensing the visor-less beam, Spidey can move into Cyclops, ya know? Move right in front of him and/or around him. Cyke can't look everywhere at once. THAT'S what I'm trying to say. So, while I think that Spidey can take of Cyke, he can't take on both Cyclops and Havok at the same time.

I guess it really depends on how far away he is from Cyclops. erm

BlaqChaos
I don't know. If Spidey's reflexes, speed, and spider-sense allows him to get right up on Cyke, the whole fight is over. He could know out Cyke and use him as a shield from Havoc.

capt it up

Sparkz

Yeah I guess you have a point there, if hes close enough cyclopse is out of the game, then havok is easy pickings, unless he reacts fast enough after spider-man takes out cyclops.

leonidas
I guess it really depends on how far away he is from Cyclops. erm

laughing

i was just going to say the exact same thing! if they start closer to each other, spidey can dodge. if he's far enough away, a wide angle beam would be too difficult for him to bypass so he couldn't close on cyke and cyke would likely ko him.

oh, and in the respect thread, cyke MISSED quicksilver. something about q's speed being the only thing that saved him. duh!

Jade Lightning
What about when Spiderman took on the entire team of X-men, Cyclops included, during secret war and dodged his lazers?

I say he gets to 6 and loses there, but honestly, there are some very biases Cyclops fanboys here... he doesn't stand a chance against Spidey... and neither does Quicksilver, I have a scan of Spidey defeating him in one hit.

batdude123
laughing

i was just going to say the exact same thing! if they start closer to each other, spidey can dodge. if he's far enough away, a wide angle beam would be too difficult for him to bypass so he couldn't close on cyke and cyke would likely ko him.

oh, and in the respect thread, cyke MISSED quicksilver. something about q's speed being the only thing that saved him. duh!

Yeah, but he's tagged Quicksilver before. He's also tagged Northstar. However, I agree. If it's in close range, then Spider-man wins. If it's far away, then Cyclops wins. Oh well, Havok is there anyways and Spider-man couldn't overcome both of them.

batdude123
Originally posted by Jade Lightning
What about when Spiderman took on the entire team of X-men, Cyclops included, during secret war and dodged his lazers?

I say he gets to 6 and loses there, but honestly, there are some very biases Cyclops fanboys here... he doesn't stand a chance against Spidey... and neither does Quicksilver, I have a scan of Spidey defeating him in one hit.

That whole Secret Wars comic where Spider-man defeats the whole X-Men is RIDDLED with PIS. I mean, if you look back, you will notice that Nightcrawler gets trapped in Spidey's webbing and comments on how it's too strong and that he cannot break free! It's like "UH, HELLO?! YOU'RE A F*CKIN' TELEPORTER!!!!!!!!!!!" laughing Yeah, so using that as evidence isn't really the be all to end all for this debate. erm

Sparkz
That whole Secret Wars comic where Spider-man defeats the whole X-Men is RIDDLED with PIS. I mean, if you look back, you will notice that Nightcrawler gets trapped in Spidey's webbing and comments on how it's too strong and that he cannot break free! It's like "UH, HELLO?! YOU'RE A F*CKIN' TELEPORTER!!!!!!!!!!!" laughing Yeah, so using that as evidence isn't really the be all to end all for this debate. erm

I always made the excuse for that that spider-man took the x-men by suprise, and they weren't ready for him, although nightcrawler realy shouldnt have forgotten he was a teleporter, the rest didnt seem to bad cept for rouge not being able to break his webbing.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
I don't know. If Spidey's reflexes, speed, and spider-sense allows him to get right up on Cyke, the whole fight is over. He could know out Cyke and use him as a shield from Havoc.

Oh wow. I never even thought of that really. That's not a bad idea at all. In fact, that's quite brilliant, to use Cyke's body as a shield against Havok.

However, this is only if they don't attack together, only one at a time. And, it also depends on Spidey knowing that Cyke won't be affected by Havok's power.

Hm...but very interesting nonethless. I think that this match--Spidey vs. Cyclops and Havok--could definitely go 5/10 for both sides.

batdude123
No, it really couldn't. Cyclops and Havok let loose with a barrage of omnidirectional blasts. Logically, Spider-man shouldn't be getting in close to them.

Metalmanx
No, it really couldn't. Cyclops and Havok let loose with a barrage of omnidirectional blasts. Logically, Spider-man shouldn't be getting in close to them.

No really, think about it. I said IF they don't attack at the same time. That's why I put a POSSIBLE 5/10. A POSSIBILITY.

If they don't attack at the same time, Spidey has a decent chance to take them both out.

batdude123
No really, think about it. I said IF they don't attack at the same time. That's why I put a POSSIBLE 5/10. A POSSIBILITY.

If they don't attack at the same time, Spidey has a decent chance to take them both out.

Yeah, but I still don't see how he's going to get in close on either of them. Cyclops knocks him back while Havok burns the hell out of him. He's not going to get passed four. no

Metalmanx
Yeah, but I still don't see how he's going to get in close on either of them. Cyclops knocks him back while Havok burns the hell out of him. He's not going to get passed four. no

Dude. Com'on. Read my posts correctly. I said there is a potential possiblity that he can defeat them if he plays smart and IF they don't attack him simultaneously.

THAT'S all I'm trying to say. I still agree that Havok and Cyke will beat Spidey more times than not.

batdude123
Dude. Com'on. Read my posts correctly. I said there is a potential possiblity that he can defeat them if he plays smart and IF they don't attack him simultaneously.

THAT'S all I'm trying to say. I still agree that Havok and Cyke will beat Spidey more times than not.

I read it correctly. You're trying to say that if Cyclops and Havok fight like dumbasses, then Spider-man would win 5/10. laughing That I can agree with you on. wink

The Fake Macoy
I really don't see how Cyclops and Havok are going to miss assuming they cut loose. They cover such a wide area with their blasts that it's really impossible for Spidey to dodge... there wouldn't be anywhere to dodge to. Unless they start off within 3 metres from eachother, I don't see Spidey winning this. He would have to be close enough to tag them before they could react, which is extremely close.

batdude123
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
I really don't see how Cyclops and Havok are going to miss assuming they cut loose. They cover such a wide area with their blasts that it's really impossible for Spidey to dodge... there wouldn't be anywhere to dodge to. Unless they start off within 3 metres from eachother, I don't see Spidey winning this. He would have to be close enough to tag them before they could react, which is extremely close.

yes

Validus
I'd have to be convinced Spidey could take Alex by himself much less with Scott by his side. Alex's energy projection is nothing to sneeze at and seeing as his default blasts are omnidirectional, I don't see Spidey beating him.

batdude123
Exactly. Spider-man can't dodge Havok's blasts. He couldn't get in close so he'd lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.