Superman vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
I did a search and I actually did see a few threads of this fight, but unfortunately they all had 1 or 2 posts at the most and did not really go anywhere. So, hopefully, this one will turn out better.

Who wins?

RUNMAN
Supes is the shiznit in this fight! Orion doesn't stand a chance...

the Darkone
Actually Orion would beat superman with in of his life not holding back, Orion with the astro force will rock superman ass. Orion smarter, better fighter, stronger with out motherbox which checks his true strength and rage. Superman has the writers on his side, even superman beating a Avatar of Darkseid is bad writing.

Validus
Orion in his true form would step on most people. He absolutely wrecked a galaxy sized planet in Apokolips. Most of the top levels New Gods like Orion and Lightray should have it all over normal top tier heros. Too bad they've become a race of jobbers.

D-Block
Yeah with his full power Orion would win this fight.

Darksaint
Orion at his full power would beat a well written Darkseid. Orion at his full potential, full control of the Astro Force and with greater access to it, would be above most in DCU.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
Orion in his true form would step on most people. He absolutely wrecked a galaxy sized planet in Apokolips. Most of the top levels New Gods like Orion and Lightray should have it all over normal top tier heros. Too bad they've become a race of jobbers.

orion rarely jobs. sad and yes, unlike almost any other hero in the dcu, orion has the raw power to take out supes. problem is if supes takes out his glider, orion loses some control of the af and i don't believe he can fly without it. that would give supes an insurmountable advantage, imo. someone might also bring up t-vo. and i'm not sure how orion would fare against that power.

kgkg

snoopdogg
Wow talk about a good fight. I remember they fought in Superman MOT #13. Orion blasted Supes with the AF and it knocked Supes halfway across Earth. Then Superman punched Orion from India to China.

Supes was getting the better of him in that fight.

I say Supes wins 6/10.

leonidas
he does indeed have better showings. like having crazy combat skills, and crazy fighting speeds. he's also been shown to be at least equal physically to darkseid and beat him in fair, 1on1 combat. not many can make that claim.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
he does indeed have better showings. like having crazy combat skills, and crazy fighting speeds. he's also been shown to be at least equal physically to darkseid and beat him in fair, 1on1 combat. not many can make that claim. Orion is a stud. DC needs to use him more often.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupesandOrionMOT_13.jpg(Here is a scan of Orion blastin Supes with AF)

leonidas
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Orion is a stud. DC needs to use him more often.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupesandOrionMOT_13.jpg(Here is a scan of Orion blastin Supes with AF)

yes

seriously, his simonson series was great! i don't know why more people didn't get it . . . sad

orion IS awesome . . .

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
orion rarely jobs. sad
Rarely but when he does job, he jobs big. I recall a JLA issue where he was screaming in agony from burning gasoline. embarrasment

Physically, Simonson compared Orion to the Silver Age Mangog. That's if we're talking about Orion playing without his kids gloves on.

General Kon-El
But how does Orion fight with the astro-harness on? it seems to hold him in one place, only allowing him to blast.

the Darkone
Orion can battle superman head up without the harness, the harness cotrolns the flow of the Astro -Force with out it, it's raw astro force that will hit superman. Orion without mother box, will walk all over superman, orion in strenght will be like warrior madness thor all abilities increase. Orion hands down is one of the few beings that can beat Superman the others Black Adam, Darkseid, Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel.

full potentail Orion=Thor, without BS writing.

Superherovandal
except he's stronger, better healer, and better fighter. and full potential AF is capable of a lot more than the Odin Force and Godblast. Orion needs to get some mastery over it is all.

D-Block
Supes goes down hard

leonidas
Originally posted by the Darkone
Orion can battle superman head up without the harness, the harness cotrolns the flow of the Astro -Force with out it, it's raw astro force that will hit superman. Orion without mother box, will walk all over superman, orion in strenght will be like warrior madness thor all abilities increase. Orion hands down is one of the few beings that can beat Superman the others Black Adam, Darkseid, Wonder Woman,Captain Marvel.

full potentail Orion=Thor, without BS writing.

1. without the harness, orion loses control of the astroforce. it's not 'more raw' or more powerful. he has a harder time focusing it is all.

2. without motherbox, he loses a lot of knowledge. he was without motherbox in his series for a while (and it was eventaully replaced by an apokolips father box) but he was not stronger, or uncontrollable. i used to believe the same thing -- he would be wild and mad without it -- that didn't seem to be the case at all. not sure where that rumor actually started.

3. there is nothing hands down about beating supes. without the harness orion would be at a severe disadvantage, though it is unlikely in the extreme that even supes could damage the harness. it was said by orion to be an extension of the source itself, and its origins were a mystery to even the new gods. orion is not able to fly without the harness however, though he retains his some of his superspeed. not sure of the extent of his speed while on the ground though, but his agility is extremely high as well.

orion could beat supes if written correctly. if written correctly, he can beat almost anyone.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Superherovandal
except he's stronger, better healer, and better fighter. and full potential AF is capable of a lot more than the Odin Force and Godblast. Orion needs to get some mastery over it is all.

Uh no! Thor feats>>>Orion

MattDay
1) thor is strong but not in the league of the highest showings superman and orion have shown. dont argue THAT is fact.

2) Orion was starting to lose to superman in the fight as someone said, he was getting the better of him.

3)superman wins

MattDay
orion is a pussy anyway, "written right" fcuking pussy is all he is.. lol come on then orion fan boys lets see what shit you got then

the Darkone
Orion kills superman, only thing that saves superman ass is the writers.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by MattDay
orion is a pussy anyway, "written right" fcuking pussy is all he is.. lol come on then orion fan boys lets see what shit you got then

Great argument.

no expression

Yeah, so, um, no swearing. Thanks.

Validus
Please don't hurt me. sad

Superherovandal
Orion is jobbing alot. he waayyyy better portrayed in his own series. His Astro Force blocked a universe destroying blast anymore. it would if he wanted kill Supes no problem.

leonidas

laughing

no expression

RogerRamjet
Superman wins...why? because Superman always wins..somehow...
maybe that's why i find him rather dull...he shoulda stayed dead 15 years ago... no expression

long pig
Superman can't destroy his harness, any damage is remade instantly by his motherbox.

Orion is as strong, he's nearly as durable but his skill is off the charts. Seriously, his martial arts are Karate Kid level.

He's faster than bullets-he caught bullets in his hands while blind. Plus, he's more trained and his output of power is amazing.

His motherbox would be the deciding factor, it would **** Superman up so hard.

Orion IS the wrath of the source.

joesha28
Who is the Source.

leonidas
well said lp. wink

a for what the source is. not an easy answer gogle or wiki source, new gods for a fuller answer.

MattDay
lol i agree that orion has a chance of beating superman, but hey it works both ways in this match up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.