Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I am so glad my nightmare is over with that Pierce Brosnan-The worst James Bond ever other than George Lazenby,is no longer James Bond.That they FINALLY replaced him with somebody else.Back in the 80's when they were first talking about him taking over the role of Bond and then they instead went with Timothy Dalton,I was so relieved over that,then my nightmare came true and they then had to go and Cast Brosnan-who always did such a HORRIBLE job of delivering his lines as Bond,in that role. mad Well at least my nightmare is finally over and Brosnan is no longer Bond anymore.HOORAY. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I am so glad my nightmare is over with that Pierce Brosnan-The worst James Bond ever other than George Lazenby,is no longer James Bond.That they FINALLY replaced him with somebody else.Back in the 80's when they were first talking about him taking over the role of Bond and then they instead went with Timothy Dalton,I was so relieved over that,then my nightmare came true and they then had to go and Cast Brosnan-who always did such a HORRIBLE job of delivering his lines as Bond,in that role. mad Well at least my nightmare is finally over and Brosnan is no longer Bond anymore.HOORAY. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

That is old news.

Mr Parker
Man you didn't even read what you quoted me on.This thread isn't to discuss the fact that Brosnan will no longer be playing James Bond,which yes IS old news,its to discuss how horrible of an actor he was as James Bond.sheesh.

johnny cash fan
the new bond rocks.
pierce brosnan's acting was getting old.
the last bond he was in seemed stale, like week old french bread.
but you cant blame it all on him.
the directors give him cheesy typical lines.

Mr Parker
actually it was old from the beginning Bond movies.Yeah I blame it on him because I have ALWAYS found him to be a horrible actor dating back to his days in Remington Steele.In the james Bond movies he was always acting the same way he did in THAT show.I dont know what he is like in other movies but in Remington Steele and in the james bond films,he was just playing himself and not the character of James Bond which is inexcusable.I'll take ANY actor anyday of the year over Pierce Brosnan as James Bond not that they need to make anymore.They really should have quit after Roger Moore retired,its just the same old plots and storys over and over again we have seen before.They dont know the meaning of quit though in hollywood when it comes to James Bodnd films though and I think its pretty safe to say they will keep making them long after were gone and no longer around anymore.

Ms Hyde
Never saw Remington Steele, but I didn't think he was THAT bad as James Bond. Not sure if I'm going to like the new guy. Or maybe the trailers just haven't appealed to me yet alien

RZA
Actually he was better on Remington Steel. At least I thought so, but he wasn't too shabby as Bond either. I still think the best James Bond ever was Timothy Daulton....

psyche........just kidding laughing No seriously, the best James Bond IMO was Roger Moore.

Btw, anyone think Clive Owen would make a good James Bond?
Was he ever considered for the role?

vader sith
pierce brosnan was a good james bond i dont understand why he stoped

DraconianDevil
Clive Owen was a favourite at one stage but Daniel Craig is who they went for.

Mr. Parker.. Your making Brosnan out to be the worst actor in the world. He was a good Bond, but definatly not the worst.

Mr Parker
I never said he was the worst.I said that George Lazenby was worse than him.That was my worst nightmare was to have the lame acting Brosnan take over for the role when it happened.I was so much hoping that Dalton would be the one they would keep going with till they got someone else. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DraconianDevil
Clive Owen was a favourite at one stage but Daniel Craig is who they went for.

Mr. Parker.. Your making Brosnan out to be the worst actor in the world. He was a good Bond, but definatly not the worst.

I assume that you meant to say he wasnt a good Bond right? because that would be a correct statement. big grin

DraconianDevil
No, I'm saying that he WAS a good bond, underrated at that. Brosnan was a good actor overall, I'd prefer him over Craig anyday, possibly Roger Moore because he bored me. Honestly, Connery was the best.

Mr Parker
Well I cant take you serious now since you said Roger Moore bored you.Roger Moore was almost as good as Connery.He was hilarious in his quips he made where Brosnan did such a horrible job in his line delivery he wasnt funny.Brosnan must have connections in hollywood like Adam Sandler because like Sandler,he is a horrible actor and does a horrible job of delivering his lines.

DraconianDevil
Obviously you havn't seen the Matador. But anyway, I could see the same thing about Toby Maguire, he sucks as an actor and his films bore me.. but it's my opinion, just like yours with Brosnan. There is no fact really, we could argue for hours upon end and we would still keep our same views. So we have two different opinions lol

Sludge
I saw nothing wrong with Brosnan's performance in either Goldeneye or The World is Not Enough, both of which I found to be pretty classic Bond movies. This new guy isn't even passionate about the role he's been given, from what I've read. At least Brosnan had a dream to play arguably the most popular film character ever, and he stuck with it. I don't like the new guy's attitude, and he doesn't look like 007 should.

RZA
I never saw Lazenby play the role of Bond. A lot of people seem to be completely unaware that he ever even played the role, while other's feel 'Her Majesty's Secret Service' was one of the best in the series. Again I can't comment cuz I never saw it.

But I did see Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan. For most Bond fans the debate comes down to Connery or Moore as the best ever. I side with Moore, I just thought he had a better on screen presence and the episodes he was involved in had a lot of good action as well as some memorable characters like Jaws and Octopussy big grin. I just felt he exemplified everything that the Bond character demanded. style, grace, charm, sophistication, charisma, while still being physically imposing enough to kick some ass if need be and all the while maintaining that classic playboy image with the women. I think if there is one quality that Brosnan lacked was that whole playboy image that I felt was always essential to Bond's character. But that's not completely his fault, at the time he came along the studio decided to tone down Bond's image. They felt it was more PC in todays world that Bond be perceived as less chauvinistic towards women. After Dalton's horrendous run at the Bond character, the studio at one point was even thinking about making Bond a woman laughing ridiculous.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the poster who felt that they should've stopped after Moore but then again 'Goldeneye' was a damn good Bond film considered by many fans as one of the best of the series.

The way I would rank the 4 that I saw play the role are as follows..
Moore
Connery
Brosnan
Dalton

I don't know about this new guy, I don't think I've ever heard of him. I'm not really sure who would be the current best option for Bond, I think maybe Clive Owen would be a good choice just because he proved he could play a badass in both Sin City and King Arthur but again I think he also lacks that charm and charisma that the role demands. I dunno, I'm just waiting for someone to chime in with Jude Law as a possible choice. laughing out loud

DraconianDevil
Daniel Craig, apparantly he doesn't like guns... strange for a Bond isn't it lol. I'm not going to judge him yet, when I see the movie I will judge him. But Jude Law, no no no definatly not.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by RZA
I never saw Lazenby play the role of Bond. A lot of people seem to be completely unaware that he ever even played the role, while other's feel 'Her Majesty's Secret Service' was one of the best in the series. Again I can't comment cuz I never saw it.

But I did see Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan. For most Bond fans the debate comes down to Connery or Moore as the best ever. I side with Moore, I just thought he had a better on screen presence and the episodes he was involved in had a lot of good action as well as some memorable characters like Jaws and Octopussy big grin. I just felt he exemplified everything that the Bond character demanded. style, grace, charm, sophistication, charisma, while still being physically imposing enough to kick some ass if need be and all the while maintaining that classic playboy image with the women. I think if there is one quality that Brosnan lacked was that whole playboy image that I felt was always essential to Bond's character. But that's not completely his fault, at the time he came along the studio decided to tone down Bond's image. They felt it was more PC in todays world that Bond be perceived as less chauvinistic towards women. After Dalton's horrendous run at the Bond character, the studio at one point was even thinking about making Bond a woman laughing ridiculous.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the poster who felt that they should've stopped after Moore but then again 'Goldeneye' was a damn good Bond film considered by many fans as one of the best of the series.

The way I would rank the 4 that I saw play the role are as follows..
Moore
Connery
Brosnan
Dalton

I don't know about this new guy, I don't think I've ever heard of him. I'm not really sure who would be the current best option for Bond, I think maybe Clive Owen would be a good choice just because he proved he could play a badass in both Sin City and King Arthur but again I think he also lacks that charm and charisma that the role demands. I dunno, I'm just waiting for someone to chime in with Jude Law as a possible choice. laughing out loud

I'll still take Dalton anyday of the year over Brosnan as i will Craig over Brosnan.Like i said,I'll take anybody any day of the year over Brosnan.The guy has no charisma or charm which is essential for Bond and was obviously confused when he took over the role because he acted just like he did on Remington Steele. No different at all and thats totally inexcusable.Thats why It was such a nightmare for me when I first heard he was going to play the role.I have seen such an actor with such horrible line delivery as Brosnan. I also have the same agreements with you about Moore as well.I also think he was the best actor to play the role.Its very close between him and connery because they were both good.Not boring as hell lke Brosnan.Just the other week me and a friend of mine were actually watching Goldeneye and we were listening to one of Brosnan's one liner lines and we were like simutanulously saying at the same time-see If that had been Connery or Moore that line would have been funny but Brosnan delivers his lines so badly,that wasnt funny.You are correct that for most Bond fans,the debate comes down to if Moore or Connery was the better with Connery almost always winning out.I can accept that even though Moore is my favorite.You are so correct that Moore had style,charisma,charm,sophistication,style and grace.and his punch lines I think give him the edge for me as being the better Bond.Like in The spy who loved me when that metal attracting machine grabs jaws by his metal teeth he quips-How does that grab you?Those kind of quips would have me rolling in the seats.Thats why when someone who says that Moore was boring I cant take them serious and they are clueless when making such comments.He also seemed more calm and cool under pressure than Connery who seemed to be on the verge of panic in Goldfinger which isnt Bond is another reason I like Moore better.That being said,my rankings are similiar to yours except for Brosnan of course in they would go
1.Moore
2.Connery
3.Dalton
4.Brosnan.Brosnan had no passion for his role as Bond unlike Moore or connery.

RZA
I do agree with most of what you said and it does seem that we're on the same page, so to speak, but where I obviously differ is with Dalton. How can you make the statement that Brosnon had no passion for the role and then not apply that same criticism to Dalton? Talk about no passion, the guy was horribly boring in his role of Bond. Talk about lack of delivering timely quips and lack of charm and charisma, Dalton was the epitome of this. I'm sorry but he was just bad, he almost single handily destroyed the whole series, they were seriously considering stopping the making of any more Bond films after him.

We definitely agree on Moore as being the best which is cool to see because it does seem like most fans prefer Connery, I dunno why really, not that he was bad but I think it's obvious to both of us that Moore was just better for the reasons you most eloquently described. I think for most people it's a sentimental choice more than anything. He was the first to officially play the role and therefore people seem to have some kind of nostalgic connection to him. Oh well, whatever, to each his own I suppose.

Mr Parker
Well Connery was a good Bond unlike Brosnan or Dalton and he is a very good actor and since he was the first then its probably that nostalgic thing that you mentioned.Speaking of Dalton,I never said that he was a good Bond.I agree with you on your criticisems of him,I just think that Brosnan was even worse with his line deliverys.they were BOTH bad.I just think that Brosnan was even worse.Especially since he didnt prove me wrong in the Bond movies when I dreaded seeing him on the screen listening to him deliver his lines.He may have been in some other movies where he did a good job in his role,but Bond was not one of them.Like I said,he seemed to still think he was playing the same character he played on Remington Steele.He may have done a good acting job in other movies I havent seen,But BOND and REMINGTON STEELE were not one of them.so dont get me wrong,I didnt think Dalton was good either,I just feel that Brosnan was even worse.

replies in kind

I would rather have Brosnan as Bond instead of that bald cracker Jason Statham who is going to be the next Bond. mad

Jamaican
What?? While I don't think he's that bad of an actor (not to play bond though), he's not the next Bond. Daniel Craig is.

What are you talking about? Do you think that actors are the one's who decide what to say, and how to say what they're saying. No, not completely. No matter how Honored a role you are playing, or how excited you are, if you're working for someone (in this case a company) that has so many fixes and doesn't allow any room for anything other than what they think will be good, I doubt you're going to be to enthutiastic or thrilled about doing that role.

And how do you know Moore or Connery were even passionate about doing it to begin with? What, just because they each did so many films? No, maybe it was the pay. Maybe they got to hook up with the women as they were filming. Who knows. Unless you've sat down with them and heard the reason why, stop assuming so much just by listening, watching or reading from the media.

Stop being so ignorant and look at it from EVERYONE'S angle.

I quite enjoyed Pierce Brosnan as 007. Timothy D was horrible = My 2 Cents.

Mr Parker
All Im saying is that he acted nothing at all different than he did when he was on remington steele which is totally inexcusable for an actor.Just like on Remington Steele,his line delivery was horrible as I feared it would be.as I said before,me and a friend of mine were watching that movie and we saw a lquip of his he delivered and we were like-see that line should have been funny.If it had been Connery or Moore delivering that line it would have been hilarious.THEY knew something about delivering comic lines in Bond movies unlike Brosnan who thought he was still on remington steele.

Prelude Pianist
Connery and Moore is too old to play as another Bond. And beside's Brosnan did a good role as Bond, It's not his fault the Director's put short and crappy lines on his script.

Mr Parker
wow some people around here just dont listen. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jamaican
Well whether or not you think the script, delivery of lines or even the action in itself are funny, everyone has their own opinion of what's funny, lame, good, back etc. etc. For example, you could watch a video of someone getting hit by a car. Some people are going to go "aw man, that sucks, I can't believe that happened - how horrible" & some people could be laughing their asses off.

I myself have not seen Remington Steele. I have seen other movies in which Brosnan has acted and I must admit, he usually caries himself with the same demeanor. Usually says things the same, does things similiarly, as if it was just him doing it, rather than the character he's trying to portray. With that said, I do not believe he did anything wrong as Bond. There's a reason they picked him for Bond. And I believe part of that reason is b/c maybe they saw how similar he is to a Bond. He's charming, has wit, the ladies love him, often times acts before thinking. Most of the characters he plays usually are those types of people. Maybe there's a reason for that...

Connery & Moore could not play Bond again. The only way that that could ever happen is if they did something where he's already retired and he's with his wife and maybe a bad guy who wants revenge captures his wife...something like that. And even then, why am I talking about this, it's not even a matter of them replaying the role.

Mr Parker
wow I take back everything I said about Brosnan being the worst Bond ever other than Lazenby.I saw The Davinci Code on the fourth and they showed previews of the new Bond movie before the movie started and I got to say Craig takes the honor over Brosnan as the worst Bond ever.Craig is an old grey haired Man. roll eyes (sarcastic) While Brosnan did a horrible job in his line deliverys,-he always seemed like he was just there because he had to be there and didnt want to be,he at LEAST looked the part.Craig an old grey haired man does NOT look like Bond. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jessigem
they say they're replacing brosnan because he's getting too old, but craig looks so much older than brosnan. if connery wasn't so old i'd say they should bring him back. his accent is fun to listen to. happy

Darth Kreiger
1.)Connery(best Bond, played the role the best, he started it)
2.)Timothy Dalton(A serious Bond, no little comedic quirks, but hey, that's what made Moore fail)
3.)Brosnan(He was GREAT in Goldeneye, the movie was well written, but he gets #3 because of the horrible writers for all of his other Bond films)
4.)George Lazenby(he gets up here simply because anything is better than Roger Moore)
5.)Roger Moore(The WORST, he tried to be Comedic(he failed), he seemed to Rape the women, unlike the other Bonds. He isn't someone you see as James Bond, his only remotely good Bond film was View to a Kill simply because it had Christopher Walken in it, his movies wern't at all serious, and he was portrayed too "Prettyboy"ish)

Lord Evolution
Goldenye first of all, was the best bond movie ever. Pierce Bronsnan was the best bond ever. i cant say what craig is gonna as bond but there is one thing for sure, he definitely wasnt the best pick..its sad to see pierce stop, great actor, great bond, great movies, and now its over! shitness

History Buff
I can't believe ANYONE thinks that A View To A Kill was a GOOD Bond. That one is failed by hordes of Bond Fans (like me) as being the Absolute Worst of the ENTIRE Franchise!!!

maddani
hey man i liked the bad acting of brosnan!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by History Buff
I can't believe ANYONE thinks that A View To A Kill was a GOOD Bond. That one is failed by hordes of Bond Fans (like me) as being the Absolute Worst of the ENTIRE Franchise!!!

No argument there.thats the one Roger Moore James Bond film just like the brosnan Bond films I wish they would burn.bout the only good thing out of that flick is the theme song by Duran Duran.

Darth Kreiger
No argument there.thats the one Roger Moore James Bond film just like the brosnan Bond films I wish they would burn.bout the only good thing out of that flick is the theme song by Duran Duran.

And Christopher Walken

Anyways, who said View to a Kill was a good film? I said REMOTELY good, and only because of Mr.Walkan. Roger Moore is a terrible actor, Pierce Brosnan was good, but he had the shitty writers of today's world. Anyone that denies Goldeneye being on the Top 3 isn't a real Bond fan

RZA
Anyone who doesn't place Roger Moore in the top 3 is also not a real Bond fan roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
what an extremely ignorant comment.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Goldenye first of all, was the best bond movie ever. Pierce Bronsnan was the best bond ever. i cant say what craig is gonna as bond but there is one thing for sure, he definitely wasnt the best pick..its sad to see pierce stop, great actor, great bond, great movies, and now its over! shitness

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by RZA
Anyone who doesn't place Roger Moore in the top 3 is also not a real Bond fan roll eyes (sarcastic)

big grin The only differance between the 2 is Goldeneye doesn't suck

Parker, Brosnan was very good, I thought of him like Timothy Dalton, just the Writers sucked, and it will be the same for Daniel Craig(actually worse, as he can no longer Sex the Women, blow up things, and kill Insane People)

RZA
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
big grin The only differance between the 2 is Goldeneye doesn't suck

Parker, Brosnan was very good, I thought of him like Timothy Dalton, just the Writers sucked, and it will be the same for Daniel Craig(actually worse, as he can no longer Sex the Women, blow up things, and kill Insane People)

Hmm...let's see here. Let's compare shall we...how many bond films did Roger Moore make vs how many did Dalton make. There's really no argument here. All true Bond fans agree that the best to ever play the role were Conner or Moore. Go to any Bond forum anywhere and that's what you'll here. It's funny how you blame the writers and use them as an excuse for Brosnan. Seems like a cop out if you ask me. Yeah sure blame the writers ok. The writers have no control over how an actor delivers his lines. How do you justify Dalton being so crap?

Also you rank Connery as the best on your list and yet you fail to mention the reasons why you feel he was the best. So, I'm curious what makes Connery in your opinion the best to ever play the role?

Btw, I saw the trailer for Casino Royale and this new Craig looks nothing like Bond should look. The whole time I was watching the trailer I thought he was the bad guy. Honestly, IMO no offense to Bond fans out there that want this series to survive but as far as I'm concerned I feel this franchise is officially dead. This guy will be another Dalton. He'll do 1 or 2 sub par films until they figure out who else to bring or if they just retire the series entirely. At this pt. I'm hoping for the 2nd option.

Doc Potato
I am so glad my nightmare is over with that Pierce Brosnan-The worst James Bond ever other than George Lazenby,is no longer James Bond.That they FINALLY replaced him with somebody else.Back in the 80's when they were first talking about him taking over the role of Bond and then they instead went with Timothy Dalton,I was so relieved over that,then my nightmare came true and they then had to go and Cast Brosnan-who always did such a HORRIBLE job of delivering his lines as Bond,in that role. mad Well at least my nightmare is finally over and Brosnan is no longer Bond anymore.HOORAY. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Oh shut up, Parker, you trolling moron, your critical view on movies (good ones too, like Goldeneye, the Spider-Mans and the X-Men movies) borders on homicidal obsession. Now piss off...

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Oh shut up, Parker, you trolling moron, your critical view on movies (good ones too, like Goldeneye, the Spider-Mans and the X-Men movies) borders on homicidal obsession. Now piss off...

Goldeneye was a great film.

willman
i liked pierce brosnan he made Goldeneye an amazing film and TND but not so much TWINE, but he came back in DAD.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Goldeneye was a great film.

got to agree.Despite Brosnan, thats the one Brosnan Bond film I thought was okay.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by RZA
Hmm...let's see here. Let's compare shall we...how many bond films did Roger Moore make vs how many did Dalton make. There's really no argument here. All true Bond fans agree that the best to ever play the role were Conner or Moore. Go to any Bond forum anywhere and that's what you'll here. It's funny how you blame the writers and use them as an excuse for Brosnan. Seems like a cop out if you ask me. Yeah sure blame the writers ok. The writers have no control over how an actor delivers his lines. How do you justify Dalton being so crap?

Also you rank Connery as the best on your list and yet you fail to mention the reasons why you feel he was the best. So, I'm curious what makes Connery in your opinion the best to ever play the role?

Btw, I saw the trailer for Casino Royale and this new Craig looks nothing like Bond should look. The whole time I was watching the trailer I thought he was the bad guy. Honestly, IMO no offense to Bond fans out there that want this series to survive but as far as I'm concerned I feel this franchise is officially dead. This guy will be another Dalton. He'll do 1 or 2 sub par films until they figure out who else to bring or if they just retire the series entirely. At this pt. I'm hoping for the 2nd option.

Actually he was comparing Brosnan to Moore not Dalton to Moore. big grin But yeah thats a great point.All the true Bond fans like you said,agree that Connery and Moore are the two best to have played the role and like you said,the proof is in the pudding on that because all you got to do to see thats correct is go to any Bond message board forum anywhere and when the discussion comes down to who was the best Bond it always comes down to being between Moore and Connery with Connery usually winning out.I like Moore the best but Conney usually always beats him which is okay with me because Connery was good as well.

oh by the RZA.my comment wasnt directed at you,it was at Darth just so you know.I mean that is such an ignorant comment that Moore is a horrible actor.He would never have lasted so long as Bond if that was true,he also made more Bond films than Brosnan.He also at least acted like Bond in his Bond movies where Brosnan acted the same EXACT same way in the Bond movies as he did on Remington Steele.Brosnan has been okay in other movies before,but he was a HORRIBLE Bond.what I also find funny about Darth's argument is that Moore at least got to go out on his own terms and leave as Bond when he decided to by retiring from acting where Brosnan was forced to leave and TOLD he was no longer wanted as Bond. laughing

Mr Parker
Oh shut up, Parker, you trolling moron, your critical view on movies (good ones too, like Goldeneye, the Spider-Mans and the X-Men movies) borders on homicidal obsession. Now piss off...

Deal with it dude,those movies you like are pure crap and horrible films. big grin well Goldeneye despite Brosnan was okay. big grin

TMACalicious
lol Mr Parker at it again, as usual hehe...

Don't see how you can hate Brosnan. He's the man.

And don't PM me like you did about my views on Batman and Batman Returns being better than Forever and Robin lol hahaha.

Mr Parker
easliy,he does a horrible job of delivering his lines.

Kram3r

Hahaha! Zing!

WrathfulDwarf
Okay, no more name calling here. I will warned all of you who do not follow a civil form of conduct. No more nonsense.

Nogoodnamesleft
I actually thought that Goldeneye was a good movie. I always liked those Cold War politics and the way some of the Bond movies were centered around them. And I disagree; I liked Brosnan's bond, even though he wasn't tough enough (he got held in a regular, normal, plain old Chinese prison camp for months and not only couldn't escape but didn't even try to).

Mr Parker
while I still wished they had simply just stopped making any more james bond movies after roger moore retired because I dont like craig as Bond because he doesnt look the part,he at least was a much better Bond than Brosan because unlike Brosnan,he can at least act.had to make this comment since I finally saw the latest james bond film.

pr1983
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
I actually thought that Goldeneye was a good movie. I always liked those Cold War politics and the way some of the Bond movies were centered around them. And I disagree; I liked Brosnan's bond, even though he wasn't tough enough (he got held in a regular, normal, plain old Chinese prison camp for months and not only couldn't escape but didn't even try to).

it was north korean, and they tortured him daily... not forgetting that the only way into south korea from the north is through a minefield... messed

while I still wished they had simply just stopped making any more james bond movies after roger moore retired because I dont like craig as Bond because he doesnt look the part,he at least was a much better Bond than Brosan because unlike Brosnan,he can at least act.had to make this comment since I finally saw the latest james bond film.

You are hardly in the position to judge brosnan unless you've seen a decent amount of his movies...

and plenty of critics loved him in goldeneye... wasnt his fault they brought in a not so great writing team for the last couple of movies...

FullOfSith
it might just be my age but i thought brosnan was alright, being born at the time i was he pretty much is the only bond i ever knew.

roger moore is ok but doesnt really do much for me

brosnan was a decent bond, and his movies entertaining

pinkfloydkor
wow.....

eveyone in this thread is saying the exact same thing over and over again

mr. parker, just leave it, brosnan was a great bond, moore was a great bond and connery was a great bond.

everyone does have their opinions tho, so quit trying to convince everyone to see things exactly how you see them

Mr Parker
one thing that cant be changed and is the proof in the pudding for the people living in denial that Brosnan was a good Bond is that Connery and Moore got to go out on THEIR terms and quit playing Bond when THEY wanted to quit.Brosnan was given his walking papers and told not to come back and he was pissed about it. laughing Connery and Moore got to do 7 Bond films where Brosnan only got to do 4.Also the OFFICIAL reason that Brosnan was told they didnt want him back was because they wanted a younger Bond.Where the truth is obvious they just didnt want to hurt his feelings that they realised he was a bad actor for the role and just made up that excuse.I mean Brosnan too old to play Bond? yeah right,he's only like 49 and Roger Moore was in his late 50's before he retired.Naw Brosnan was forced out because they finally saw how bad his acting was. big grin

pinkfloydkor
one thing that cant be changed and is the proof in the pudding for the people living in denial that Brosnan was a good Bond is that Connery and Moore got to go out on THEIR terms and quit playing Bond when THEY wanted to quit.Brosnan was given his walking papers and told not to come back and he was pissed about it.

well, if you were doing a movie series that paid one helluva lotta money every movie, you would be pissed that they fired you too!

connery is one rich bastard and moore is as well

Brosnan, not so much

Mr Parker
He's not as rich as they are by any means but he's finanicially stable though so.Like I said,that reason given to him that he was too old doesnt fly because Moore was a lot older than Brosnan and look how long they allowed him to play Bond.

pinkfloydkor
He's not as rich as they are by any means but he's finanicially stable though so.

right, but you kno actors, greeeeeeeeeedddd

Mr Parker
Yeah true.Stallone is a perfect example.Instead of just quitting with Rocky 3 and leaving it as a trilogy like he SHOULD have.He stopped caring about writing good quality scripts for the rocky films and the last two sucked so we suffered through the crappy rocky 4 and rocky 5 and whats worse is he's got rocky 6 coming out soon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pinkfloydkor
Yeah true.Stallone is a perfect example.Instead of just quitting with Rocky 3 and leaving it as a trilogy like he SHOULD have.He stopped caring about writing good quality scripts for the rocky films and the last two sucked so we suffered through the crappy rocky 4 and rocky 5 and whats worse is he's got rocky 6 coming out soon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeaa, i totally agree

but i mean, he really does live the character tho

they should have stopped anyway tho

Dresta
i would have siad that Brosnan was the second best Bond, after Connery.

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by Dresta

yea

i would have to agree

office jesus
Originally posted by johnny cash fan
the new bond rocks.
pierce brosnan's acting was getting old.
the last bond he was in seemed stale, like week old french bread.
but you cant blame it all on him.
the directors give him cheesy typical lines.

..You call that acting?

Mr Parker
Man you two guys cant spot horrible acting when its right there in front of your eyes. big grin

pr1983
Man you two guys cant spot horrible acting when its right there in front of your eyes. big grin

of course... or maybe its just you.

tallyblack
I agree absolutely with Mr.Parker! wink

same for me: 1 = Moore, 2 = Connery
3 = Brosnan 4 = Dalton

no the classification for Craig and Lazenby, of bad imitations! sleep

Mr Parker
Originally posted by pr1983
of course... or maybe its just you.

and maybe they have the same logic that you-a man-spider fan has. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by tallyblack
I agree absolutely with Mr.Parker! wink

same for me: 1 = Moore, 2 = Connery
3 = Brosnan 4 = Dalton

no the classification for Craig and Lazenby, of bad imitations! sleep

see this poster for the most part can spot good acting.She ALSO realises Moore and connery were much better.I disagree with her though on putting Dalton behind the horrible acting of Brosnan though obviously.Dalton was better and should have stayed on if they wanted to continue the Bond series and Craig is easily much better than Brosnan as well.I put him ahead of Dalton also.

pr1983
and maybe they have the same logic that you-a man-spider fan has. big grin

hmm... the same logic shared by more people than would share yours...

your speaking matter of factly again, thats an awful habit...

Mr Parker
those same people are allso the same people that are ignorant enough though to allow hollywood to brainwash them and cant think for themselves though. stick out tongue they have been so brainwashed by hollywood that they are incapable of thinking for themselves.fact.can either aceept it or live in denial on it. big grin

Rampant ox
Connery certainly played the best Bond, likewise Brosnan looked most like the part. However looks can only take you so far without the personality to back you up. In terms of being Bond, Brosnan fell short by a considerable amount. My personal favourite is Connery, followed very closely by Moore.

pr1983
those same people are allso the same people that are ignorant enough though to allow hollywood to brainwash them and cant think for themselves though. stick out tongue they have been so brainwashed by hollywood that they are incapable of thinking for themselves.fact.can either aceept it or live in denial on it. big grin

wow, a conspiracy theory... how the mighty have fallen... well, thats assuming you were mighty in the first place, which you weren't... erm

Originally posted by Rampant ox
Connery certainly played the best Bond, likewise Brosnan looked most like the part. However looks can only take you so far without the personality to back you up. In terms of being Bond, Brosnan fell short by a considerable amount. My personal favourite is Connery, followed very closely by Moore.

i think brosnan was a fine bond personally, i thought goldeneye was one of the best ever bond movies... he brought something to the role that hadnt been there before imo...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rampant ox

you my friend got logic and common sense. thumb up Yeah Brosnan was just being Brosnan in the Bond movies.He has been good in some other movies but he failed miserably in his portrayal of Bond.Like i said earlier,they should have stuck with Dalton since they insisted on continuing the series. mad

d-fly_girl008
Yeah I also am happy they got rid of Brosnan. I didn't like him as well as I did Connery and Moore.

Roulette
Originally posted by DraconianDevil
But Jude Law, no no no definatly not.

Agreed! There's no way he could pull off Bond shock

gfk,ggkhjyj
Sorry but what excactly do you find bad in brosnan?????ok..you say that he plays the same as he was playing in remington steele..right??ok..Remington steele was a VERY-VERY succesful tv series with a LOT-LOT of fans!also...james bond is not like YOU imagine him(like Jude Law,with trendy clothes or something:P---this could be disgusting for a bond movie)..is like ian fleming imagined him!With CLASSIC STYLE(even old fashioned), WITH HUMOR,AND CHARMING!.....Pierce brosnan has ALL tose qualifications!and there are million of people out there to confirm what i am saying!!Sorry!And of course he passed his lines because these "lines" happened to be very similar to IAN FLEMING S JAMES BOND!....If those lines was not similar to Bond lines then the producers would have fired him...so..try to think like a bond fun!not like Spider-Man fun!James bond is not a trendy muscular freak like those you see in comics! :P

dr-susan723
Yeah, Pierce Brosnan wasn't very suitable for this role. It was really wierd to see him on the screen as Bond. He is a good actor ,but he doesn't have that kind of quality.
Personally, I think Roger Moore was the best James Bond. He's humorous and polite.More like a gentleman than a spy. Connery was a more classical Bond.

gfk,ggkhjyj
No Dalton wasn't good,and also Craig is not good(NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!)As about Moore...i DON'T like him..i don't....!!..it isn't nice to see people who look so "cold",(not cool!!),to play bond!Pierce brosnan was very qualified actor and very handsome guy(much more hansome and charming than Moore and Dalton )so he was very nice as bond!ALSO BOND IS A SPY!IS NOT JUST A GENTLE MAN!!SO...he must do some ACTION!!not to walk like a 60 year old man or to talk-talk all the the time and telling jokes(like Moore did)..!!Also to be a playboy like pierce brosnan looks like!!NOW WHAT THE F.... PLAYBOY COULD DANIEL CRAIG BE!?????IT SEEMS FAKE!!

Passione
Originally posted by Dresta

I would have to agree with you.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by dr-susan723
Yeah, Pierce Brosnan wasn't very suitable for this role. It was really wierd to see him on the screen as Bond. He is a good actor ,but he doesn't have that kind of quality.
Personally, I think Roger Moore was the best James Bond. He's humorous and polite.More like a gentleman than a spy. Connery was a more classical Bond.

you gal got good taste. thumb up

Mr Parker
Originally posted by gfk,ggkhjyj
Sorry but what excactly do you find bad in brosnan?????ok..you say that he plays the same as he was playing in remington steele..right??ok..Remington steele was a VERY-VERY succesful tv series with a LOT-LOT of fans!also...james bond is not like YOU imagine him(like Jude Law,with trendy clothes or something:P---this could be disgusting for a bond movie)..is like ian fleming imagined him!With CLASSIC STYLE(even old fashioned), WITH HUMOR,AND CHARMING!.....Pierce brosnan has ALL tose qualifications!and there are million of people out there to confirm what i am saying!!Sorry!And of course he passed his lines because these "lines" happened to be very similar to IAN FLEMING S JAMES BOND!....If those lines was not similar to Bond lines then the producers would have fired him...so..try to think like a bond fun!not like Spider-Man fun!James bond is not a trendy muscular freak like those you see in comics! :P

errr me and several others already listed WHY he was so horrible as Bond. Not my fault if you want to ignore the reasons and not read them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

miroku
I agree with you mr parker.Brosnan sucked as james bond.he was the worst james bond ever.Not anywhere near as good as roger moore or sean connery.

gfk,ggkhjyj
No he was the best.Moore sucked

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by gfk,ggkhjyj
No he was the best.Moore sucked

did you just say best?

best?

confused

maybe not THE worst, but are you seriously considering posting in this thread that Pierce Brosnan was a better james bond than Sean Connery?

eek!

gfk,ggkhjyj
than sean connery NO,but better than moore yes!VERY SERIOUSLY!

pinkfloydkor
i put them on the same level

they were both ok

gfk,ggkhjyj
Yes i dont disagree with you!i said Brosnan because of personal reasons!But i get ungry when i see bullshit like "brosnan was the worst", "brosnan doest have the look to be bond"....OF COURSE HE DOES!!!These days who else would be better?!which actor?Tell me one of those we see on cinema the last 10 years!!IF Connery is too old to play Bond,the only one who "looks like Bond", is Pierce Brosnan!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
did you just say best?

best?

confused

maybe not THE worst, but are you seriously considering posting in this thread that Pierce Brosnan was a better james bond than Sean Connery?

eek!

its laughable to say he was better than EITHER Connery or Moore. laughing yet there have been a couple of people that have come on here that have said he was the best. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by miroku
I agree with you mr parker.Brosnan sucked as james bond.he was the worst james bond ever.Not anywhere near as good as roger moore or sean connery.

cool. cool you have great taste my man. thumb up

gfk,ggkhjyj
HAHAHA LOL! Mr.Parker i Said!!... He-is-better-than-Moore!!!And whatever your opinion is, my opinion remains the same: BROSNAN-IS BETTER-THAN-MOORE!!!!!!HOORAY!! stick out tongue (It is not personal,you know that wink )

Mr Parker
thats fine but most bond fans as RZA mentioned earlier know,as any true bond fan knows,when it comes down to deciding who was the best actor to have played the role between the 3,it always comes down to a close contest of being between moore and connery at the end with connery usually winning.

pinkfloydkor
very true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.