easiest movie to make

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
other than cartoons out of all the movies youve seen which one you think was the easiest to make ?

i say phonebooth cause they just stayed in one spot during the movie they neve did move around . and they didnt use alot of actors as well.

Solo
House of the Dead

Dusty
As for set changes, I think Reservoir dogs was pretty easy to film.

DeVi| D0do
Since when are cartoons easy to make?

diabloman
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Since when are cartoons easy to make? i never said they where. i just put on there other than cartoons. i know they had to do some big work in who framed rogerrabit and spacejam of course.

DeVi| D0do
I see, fair enough.

Dusty
I was going to ask the same thing, but examined the post more carefully. erm

diabloman
they can make cartoon movies these days in a snap lots of the time. i saw the making of finding nemo and most of it all they did was mess on the computer with it. hardly any drawing.

DeVi| D0do
Well, it does usually take the folks at Pixar around 3 or 4 years at least to make an animated film... I'd hardly call that 'in a snap'. big grin

diabloman
no more than 2 years to make an animated movie i say

Wolfie
Blair Witch had to be really easy.

BackFire
Originally posted by Wolfie
Blair Witch had to be really easy.

Agreed

Dusty
12 Angry Men.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by diabloman
saw the making of finding nemo and most of it all they did was mess on the computer with it.

...actually "messing" around on the computer often takes ages longer and requires TONS more work (research, ingenuity) than drawing something...especially when you make something as advanced as the CG on Nemo...it's not like the computer does it for you!

Plus there are TONS of classical artists and prelim work (sketches, animation) that is involved...not trying to be rude, but you have absolutely no idea...

i remember the look on my workmates' faces (we worked at a video game company) when we saw the first underwater shots of Nemo...we were like, "how did they do that?!" You gotta be in the industry to really understand how very difficult it is.

Spielberg's "Duel" was one the easiest to make I think...and it rocks.

dave_kodak
"vincent" was easy or well it looked fairly easy to make.

tabby999
other than cartoons out of all the movies youve seen which one you think was the easiest to make ?

i say phonebooth cause they just stayed in one spot during the movie they neve did move around . and they didnt use alot of actors as well.

i dont mean to quibble but the logistics in making phone booth were mind boggling. you have only so many shots of Stu to work with for the whole movie, you have to make it entertaining and visually interesting while having the main character in a phone booth for the whole movie, not to mention they shot it in a handfull of days. sorry, i just like that movie alot...

diabloman
Originally posted by tabby999
i dont mean to quibble but the logistics in making phone booth were mind boggling. you have only so many shots of Stu to work with for the whole movie, you have to make it entertaining and visually interesting while having the main character in a phone booth for the whole movie, not to mention they shot it in a handfull of days. sorry, i just like that movie alot... they also made a boo boo in that movie. you cant be using the phone that long on a phone booth without having to pay again. look how long he was on. i know he hung up afew times but then he stayed on the phone for along time after that. and no time ran out.

office jesus
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Well, it does usually take the folks at Pixar around 3 or 4 years at least to make an animated film... I'd hardly call that 'in a snap'. big grin

Yeah. It took 4 years to get the ball rolling with Cars. A film that I'm probably not going to see.

Mr Parker
Yeah I would say it would have to be a toss up between Blair Witch and Phone Booth.

sithsaber408
Clerks.

Solo
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Clerks.
I disagree.

C-Dic
Napoleon Dynamite, for sure.

diabloman
i seriously doubt king kong was easy to make. the new one.

diabloman
out of all the comic movies i say punisher is the easiest they made so far with comicbook movies. cause theres no powers or special effects in that movie.

tabby999
they also made a boo boo in that movie. you cant be using the phone that long on a phone booth without having to pay again. look how long he was on. i know he hung up afew times but then he stayed on the phone for along time after that. and no time ran out.

he didn't ring the sniper the sniper rang him. no limit.

EPIIIBITES
King Kong?

EPIIIBITES
i seriously doubt king kong was easy to make. the new one.

...ummmm

Bardock42
out of all the comic movies i say punisher is the easiest they made so far with comicbook movies. cause theres no powers or special effects in that movie.

I somehow doubt that....

diabloman
Originally posted by Bardock42
I somehow doubt that.... then which one u think ?

diabloman
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
...ummmm so you think it was easy ? come on man.

EPIIIBITES
so you think it was easy ? come on man.

"...ummmmm" as in:

"...ummmm...yes, it is doubtful that King Kong (the most expensive film EVER made in the history of films) was easy to make. the new one.

wink

Mr.Popcorn
Before Sunset..i mean, all they did was just talk, walk and laugh and act..

Magee
Spaceballs, so cheap and nasty it's not even funny.

johnny cash fan
they also made a boo boo in that movie. you cant be using the phone that long on a phone booth without having to pay again. look how long he was on. i know he hung up afew times but then he stayed on the phone for along time after that. and no time ran out.

also you can't call a phone booth.
that's complete bull.

johnny cash fan
i heard saw1 was made in like 17 days.
but that doesn't mean it was easy.

systemshock2
Glengarry Glen Ross. The entire movie takes place in two scenes, the office building and the chinese restaurant.

Smasandian
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
"...ummmmm" as in:

"...ummmm...yes, it is doubtful that King Kong (the most expensive film EVER made in the history of films) was easy to make. the new one.

wink

Isnt Waterworld more expansive to make, even if you dont put in inflation.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by systemshock2
Glengarry Glen Ross. The entire movie takes place in two scenes, the office building and the chinese restaurant.

Good call...proabably the best, easiest movie to make of the bunch.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Smasandian
Isnt Waterworld more expansive to make, even if you dont put in inflation.

Only the to-be released Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns films will be more expensive...and of course this is counting inflation.

...otherwise, DeMille's Cleopatra is #1

lordofwar
El Mariachi

grey fox
Fast and the furious. Get a bunch of meatheads and put them in cars. The rest is cgi.

Jenova
Open water. Most of the movie was just two people talking and sitting in the water.

diabloman
Originally posted by johnny cash fan
also you can't call a phone booth.
that's complete bull. actually yes u can. each phone booth has its own # . lol i did this once in highschool. i called my cell from a phonebooth and got the # from the phonebooth on my cell.i called back and everyone flipped out that the phone was ringing. im glad they never got me doing that.

Wolfie
No one has called Collect with a payphone, saying the number as your name, and having the person on the other line not accept and call the number back?

diabloman
Originally posted by Wolfie
No one has called Collect with a payphone, saying the number as your name, and having the person on the other line not accept and call the number back? try it and you will see. it rings back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.