Gambit runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psyquis52
I'll be honest...I hate the bum. I really do.
But even I have to give him some cred.
So this is my way of making up for all the Gambit bashing I've been doing.

Place: Large Junkyard
Time: Night

Gambit is familiar with the location and he knows who's coming to fight him.

Gambit gets to recover 100% after each fight
Gambit is on Bloodlust but nobody else is.

1. Punisher
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Psylocke
5. Spiderman
6. Toad and Mystique
7. Sabertooth and Vulture
8. Deadpool and Bullseye
9. Sandman and Mysterio
10. Colossus, Shadowcat, and Angel

Psyquis52
Before anybody gets ticked let me explain a few things

I put Wolverine after Captain A because I thought Wolverine could track Gambit better and I put Psylocke after Wolverine because I thought that with her mind powers she could sense him and the ability to know what Gambit will do next would definately come in handy.

Rick/Genis
Gambit gets owned at the beginning.... Hate that cajun wack-off!

Psyquis52
Wow! Appearantly my attempts at giving Gambit some cred has fallen severely short.

badabing
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Gambit gets owned at the beginning.... Hate that cajun wack-off!
You are such a hater. Gambit get stopped at 2. laughing

srankmissingnin
... when has Punisher not been in Bloodlust?

If he is trying to kill Remy then Castle should pull out the win.

Psyquis52
Alright, my attempts at winning the Cajun some respect has now hit rock bottom.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Alright, my attempts at winning the Cajun some respect has now hit rock bottom.

He is in a junk yard at night against The Punisher... what did you think was going to happen?

Rick/Genis
Gambit sucks anyway! Fuc*ing Traitor!!

Darth Macabre
You people forget that this is in a junk yard.....A playhouse of weapons for Gambit...That being said, he loses but can win later on.

1. Punisher----He can dodge bullets, and block him with his staff...So Gambit wins this.
2. Captain America----Cap's shield can only block so much, so Gambit simply blows up a car next to Cap...Gambit wins.
3. Wolverine---Now this is tricky because of the healing factor....Although Gambit could get a knock out, but I don't think he'd win to the death.
4. Psylocke----Gambit loses.
5. Spiderman----Spidey has agility comparable (better) then Gambit...Gambit loses
6. Toad and Mystique----Toad is the bigger challenge of the two due to his agility and strength....But Gambit could probably win.
7. Sabertooth and Vulture----Gambit beats Vulture, but gets killed by Sabertooth.
8. Deadpool and Bullseye----Gambit could beat Bullseye one on one, but adding Deadpool in kills Gambit.
9. Sandman and Mysterio-----Gambit could beat Mysterio one on one, but not Sandman one on one...That being said, Gambit dies. Sandman is uber imo.
10. Colossus, Shadowcat, and Angel-----Gambit dies....

Big Sexy
Why are you guys hatin on gambit. He's pretty cool.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He is in a junk yard at night against The Punisher... what did you think was going to happen?
Being in a junk yard helps Gambit out....not Punisher

Originally posted by Big Sexy
Why are you guys hatin on gambit. He's pretty cool.

Because he's ignorant....And because he's a "traitor" for becoming a horsemen.

Rick/Genis
Gambit Blows a donkeys nutsack and loses on Punisher... if he gets lucky he will get to see the face of captain america before he goes down..

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Darth Macabre

He's a traitor for being a part of the Marauders, deuche! stick out tongue

not to mention... gambit can't dodge bullets.. this has been stated time and time again by many!

Big Sexy
so is Wolverine. He became death for an arc

Darth Macabre
Gambit Blows a donkeys nutsack and loses on Punisher... if he gets lucky he will get to see the face of captain america before he goes down..

Just because you hate someone, doesnt mean you should disregard facts....The junkyard is filled with weapons for Gambit...Unless people have invulnerablity, a healing factor, or a partner they're going to lose.

srankmissingnin

How so? It gives Castle tons and tons of cover. Frank would set up a trap wait for Remy to trip it and fire a halopoint round into his skull.

Darth Macabre
How so? It gives Castle tons and tons of cover. Frank would set up a trap wait for Remy to trip it and fire a halopoint round into his skull.
Simple....Gambit touches a few of the cars, and they go explode right by Frank.

He's a traitor for being a part of the Marauders, deuche! stick out tongue

not to mention... gambit can't dodge bullets.. this has been stated time and time again by many!

So he's a traitor by going to Sinister, having Sinister basically save the world, and then doing him favors? Give me a break...Saving the world, far outweighs the death of a few freaks.

And don't think by me defending him, I'm a fanboy...Because I'm not....I'm by no means mad that people hate him...Nor angered by what you say...I'm simply having a discussion.

Big Sexy
don nombody trust gambit
Den gambit don need nobody stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Simple....Gambit touches a few of the cars, and they go explode right by Frank.

... Frank is going to walk into the junkyard shouting "Here I am Gambit, come and kill me please!" If... IF Gambit found Frank and decided he was going to blow up some cars the sharpnel is just as likely to take him out as it is Frank. And seeing as Punisher has shot the web slingers of Spider-man's wrists if the fight does get out into the open he still has a good chance of putting a bullet into Remy.

manorastroman
shit, i could think up a scenario where gambit could win all of these, save colossus.

Darth Macabre
... Frank is going to walk into the junkyard shouting "Here I am Gambit, come and kill me please!" If... IF Gambit found Frank and decided he was going to blow up some cars the sharpnel is just as likely to take him out as it is Frank. And seeing as Punisher has shot the web slingers of Spider-man's wrists if the fight does get out into the open he still has a good chance of putting a bullet into Remy.

Gambit is familiar with the location and he knows who's coming to fight him.

Gambit knows who's coming for him....Plus Gambit can charge with a timing affect.

srankmissingnin
I'm familiar with the woods across the road from my house. Does that mean that if I was in there looking for someone that they couldn't avoid detection? Not a chance.

Darth Macabre
I'm familiar with the woods across the road from my house. Does that mean that if I was in there looking for someone that they could avoid detection? Not a chance.

Er, I think you meant something else with that...Because you just said Gambit COULD find Frank....Gambit knows whos coming for him...That means he knows THEY'RE coming.

You're arguing from the wrong way...You're saying that Frank is the one preparing for Gambit...When in truth, it's Gambit preparing for Frank

srankmissingnin
Hehe yeah I edited the above post

I ment to say "couldn't".

Rick/Genis
Gambit doesn't prepare could defenses.... Punisher does...

And I'm sorry.. it's hard to look past your Av AND sig and not conclude that you're a gambit "Fanboy"

Darth Macabre
Gambit doesn't prepare could defenses.... Punisher does...

And I'm sorry.. it's hard to look past your Av AND sig and not conclude that you're a gambit "Fanboy"

Haha...I had the Civil war sig, but after I saw the hatred I put this one back up....And did you not see what I said about the fight? I admitted the times Gambit would lose.

manorastroman
what am i, chopped liver?

Rick/Genis
and I dissagree with you wink

If you want proof of my dissagreement... it lies in "Captain America Vs. Gambit"

Psyquis52
My exact statement was that Gambit knows who's coming to fight him.

In other words one could imply that his opponents are also aware of who they are fighting

Darth Macabre
My exact statement was that Gambit knows who's coming to fight him.

In other words one could imply that his opponents are also aware of who they are fighting

How could one take "opponents know as well" from Gambit knows who's coming for him....It doesn't say they ALL know who's coming for him....So which is it?

srankmissingnin
How could one take "opponents know as well" from Gambit knows who's coming for him....It doesn't say they ALL know who's coming for him....So which is it?

... if they didn't know they were about to fight someone then what are they doing in a random junk yard in the middle of the night?

Psyquis52

READ THE EXACT QUOTE!

Or rather let me quote the last three words for you - TO FIGHT HIM

Darth Macabre
READ THE EXACT QUOTE!

Or rather let me quote the last three words for you - TO FIGHT HIM

Yes, but if he knows who he's fighting, he knows they're going to be coming at one point or another....Therefore he knows they're coming...Now, I ask again, do they know they're fighting him or not?

You said he (as in Gambit) know's whos coming to fight him...If you wanted everyone to know, you shouldnt have singled out Gambit...By saying "He" knows who he's fighting, you maid it seem like only he knew.

Darth Macabre
... if they didn't know they were about to fight someone then what are they doing in a random junk yard in the middle of the night?

Knowing who you are about to fight, is much differnet then knowing you're going to fight someone....

Ie: you're fighting Superman...So you'd bring (if you could) Kryptonite, and kryptonite oriented weapons, would you not?

If you know that you're fighting someone but not who, you'd bring a more general weapons base.

Rick/Genis
Dude... the quote is:

He know's they're coming TO FIGHT HIM

That completely entails that they are coming to fight HIM Specifically, does it not? Therefore they KNOW they're fighting him because they're coming TO FIGHT HIM to do it... right?

Darth Macabre
Dude... the quote is:

He know's they're coming TO FIGHT HIM

That completely entails that they are coming to fight HIM Specifically, does it not? Therefore they KNOW they're fighting him because they're coming TO FIGHT HIM to do it... right?

"He knows who's coming to fight him" doesn't necessarily imply that THEY know who they're fighting...They could just know they're fighting someone, but not necessarily know who.

By saying "He knows" that implies that he, and only he, knows who EXACTLY he's fighting.

I'm simply asking how Psyquis meant it...That's all...I don't know why I'm getting bombarded with the same quote...Not that I mind or anything, just a little confused.

Anyways, how did this conversation start?

Rick/Genis
but, as it says, they're coming to fight HIM... and even if THAT doesn't sink in... The Original Creator of the Topic stated that they KNOW it's him afterwords... just to clear things up.

So yes.. They know they're coming to fight him

Psyquis52
You're right I should have phrased it differently but don't get me wrong, the others are still at a disadvantage there. This is a veritable cornicopia of weaponry that Gambit can use to his advantage here.

He could charge anything there including the bottom car on a stack of cars then throws a rock to blow it or pipes, belts, cans, chains, whatever. The guy has a huge arsenal at his advantage here so let's hear what everyone thinks.

Rick/Genis
He dies stick out tongue

Horribly...

And Captain America Pulls his pants down at some point in time...

Darth Macabre
You're right I should have phrased it differently but don't get me wrong, the others are still at a disadvantage there. This is a veritable cornicopia of weaponry that Gambit can use to his advantage here.

He could charge anything there including the bottom car on a stack of cars then throws a rock to blow it or pipes, belts, cans, chains, whatever. The guy has a huge arsenal at his advantage here so let's hear what everyone thinks.

Oh, no, I wasn't trying to throw that you worded it wrong in your face...If I implied that or anything, then I'm sorry...I was simply curious on how you truly meant it...So, my apologies.

And yes..The junkyard is a playhouse for Gambit...Anything is fair game to him in there...That was the number one bases for my argument on some of his wins.

Psyquis52
Oh, no, I wasn't trying to throw that you worded it wrong in your face...If I implied that or anything, then I'm sorry...I was simply curious on how you truly meant it...So, my apologies.

And yes..The junkyard is a playhouse for Gambit...Anything is fair game to him in there...That was the number one bases for my argument on some of his wins.

No offense taken dude. I should have clarified. big grin

I do think I worded it wrong, but I still think Gambit should get better cred in this situation.

Rick/Genis
no WAY! stick out tongue

Psyquis52
no WAY! stick out tongue

You're cruel and you are still juiced up from that whole Captain America vs Gambit battle thing you and I fought so long ago. I remember that and I was ticked but this is different. I'm trying to repair my image of him to when I used to think he was cool.

Rick/Genis
That image should NEVER be repaired mad stick out tongue

Psyquis52
That image should NEVER be repaired mad stick out tongue

Did that whole Captain A vs Gambit thing really hurt you that bad?

I mean it really got under my skin but I'm willing to give him a second chance.

Rick/Genis
Not when you have Captain America in THIS battle too mad

Psyquis52
Not when you have Captain America in THIS battle too mad

Shhhhhhhhh! Not so loudly! People might notice! Sides I never said how far I thought he got.

Rick/Genis
hahaha! Psh! I don't care, I still hate gambit and think he'd be riddled with holes via punisher.

Rewmac
Goes down by the 7th...Captain America is overrated....Gambit is agile, got the hypnotic charm, owned Gladiator, blew up houses and even beat Sabretooth. Deadpool could give him a run,but Psylocke is obviously stronger than the ones before and after her this gaunntlet is just not good made....Psylocke can be a real problem...Deadpool and Bullseye put him down...If even he manages to get through them Sandman and Mysterio would own him bad...

samishe
You people forget that this is in a junk yard.....A playhouse of weapons for Gambit...That being said, he loses but can win later on.

1. Punisher----He can dodge bullets, and block him with his staff...So Gambit wins this.
2. Captain America----Cap's shield can only block so much, so Gambit simply blows up a car next to Cap...Gambit wins.
3. Wolverine---Now this is tricky because of the healing factor....Although Gambit could get a knock out, but I don't think he'd win to the death.
4. Psylocke----Gambit loses.
5. Spiderman----Spidey has agility comparable (better) then Gambit...Gambit loses
6. Toad and Mystique----Toad is the bigger challenge of the two due to his agility and strength....But Gambit could probably win.
7. Sabertooth and Vulture----Gambit beats Vulture, but gets killed by Sabertooth.
8. Deadpool and Bullseye----Gambit could beat Bullseye one on one, but adding Deadpool in kills Gambit.
9. Sandman and Mysterio-----Gambit could beat Mysterio one on one, but not Sandman one on one...That being said, Gambit dies. Sandman is uber imo.
10. Colossus, Shadowcat, and Angel-----Gambit dies....

Spider-man has agility COMPARABLE to Gambit?

manorastroman
yes. clearly better, but still comparable.

Tassadar
Punisher puts a dozen bullets in his chest, and finishes him by shooting him in the head and saying/thinking a cheezy one-liner like "This is one gamble you shouldnt have taken"
Without Frank, he gets to 4 or 5

Grimm22
Gambit loses at 0

He gets killed on the way to the fight laughing

riceroost
1. Punisher
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Psylocke
5. Spiderman
6. Toad and Mystique
8. Deadpool and Bullseye
9. Sandman and Mysterio
10. Colossus, Shadowcat, and Angel Gambit would get royally effed at 1, stopped at 2, and killed at 3.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Rewmac
Goes down by the 7th...Captain America is overrated.

Oh and Wolverine isnt

pft* fanboy roll eyes (sarcastic)

jgiant
stops at pun

Rewmac
No he won't he can dodge bullets quite well check the Respect Thread Thread....

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by samishe
Spider-man has agility COMPARABLE to Gambit?

I worded it wrong...I meant Gambit has agility that is comparable to Spiderman, although Spiderman's agility is better....Thats why I put the (better) next to comparable.

jgiant
Originally posted by Rewmac
No he won't he can dodge bullets quite well check the Respect Thread Thread.... yes he will...he has hit spiderman and daredevil to name a few...just cuz some jerkass's cant hit him doesn't mean punisher cant...and pun can just throw a flashbang if he wants to make it easy on himself...

Grimm22
Originally posted by jgiant
yes he will...he has hit spiderman and daredevil to name a few...just cuz some jerkass's cant hit him doesn't mean punisher cant...and pun can just throw a flashbang if he wants to make it easy on himself...

But apparently because he's cajun he's impervioius to bullets laughing

Rewmac
Originally posted by jgiant
yes he will...he has hit spiderman and daredevil to name a few...just cuz some jerkass's cant hit him doesn't mean punisher cant...and pun can just throw a flashbang if he wants to make it easy on himself... In that case Gambit is faster...he'd just throw a whole back of charged cards right into Punisher's face...

jgiant
it all depends on the situation...the environment...can gambit throw his cards faster than a bullet...

outavodka
lets start usin the new death gambit who was f*ckn uber or AOA gambit who killed Colossos.

jgiant
you cant change the rules in the middle of the game just cuz gambit cant get past one...

Grimm22
Originally posted by outavodka
lets start usin the new death gambit who was f*ckn uber or AOA gambit who killed Colossos.

how is death gambit uber? He hasnt really done crap other than act all evil confused

StyleTime
This lineup is in the wrong order.

Gambit makes it to Psylocke although he could take some of the people after her. She should be higher.

The problem with gauntlet threads is that they usually degenerate into a Character vs Character thread that has already been made.

1.Punisher
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Psylocke
5. Spiderman
6. Toad and Mystique
8. Deadpool and Bullseye
9. Sandman and Mysterio
Should be
1.Punisher
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Toad and Mystique
5. Sandman and Mysterio
6. Sabertooth and Vulture
7. Deadpool and Bullseye
8. Spiderman
9. Psylocke

Gambit gets to 7 more times than not in the revised version.

riceroost
Originally posted by Grimm22
Oh and Wolverine isnt

pft* fanboy roll eyes (sarcastic) Uh no, Wolverine is nowhere near as overrated as Cap. Cap is the most overrated hero in comics.

manorastroman
my god, i wish there was a decent gambit respect thread. the man has caught bullets, charged them, and thrown them back at the gunman. he's blocked machine gun fire with his staff. he's drawn charged and thrown a card that hit a millimter-sized target from fifty yards away all in about an eight of a second.

gambit is no chump people. comic characters in KMC fight at their best, and gambit at his best his top street level.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by manorastroman
gambit at his best his top street level.

If you want to get technical, Gambit at his best could destroy the world. stick out tongue

outavodka
Originally posted by Grimm22
how is death gambit uber? He hasnt really done crap other than act all evil confused that is uber , besides while in his death state he could or usta be able to charge objects by being near them or looking at them as well as ORGANINICS TOO!

He-guy88

he was a crimanal to begin wit

Psyquis52
Originally posted by StyleTime
This lineup is in the wrong order.

Gambit makes it to Psylocke although he could take some of the people after her. She should be higher.

The problem with gauntlet threads is that they usually degenerate into a Character vs Character thread that has already been made.

Should be
1.Punisher
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Toad and Mystique
5. Sandman and Mysterio
6. Sabertooth and Vulture
7. Deadpool and Bullseye
8. Spiderman
9. Psylocke

Gambit gets to 7 more times than not in the revised version.

No it shouldn't. If you want that to be the lineup then start your own thread. Until then answer the question at hand or leave it alone.

He-guy88
Gambit sucks anyway! Fuc*ing Traitor!!

i dont think people would be as mad at wolverine or spiderman or someone like that for becoming a horse man

StyleTime
No it shouldn't. If you want that to be the lineup then start your own thread. Until then answer the question at hand or leave it alone.
I did answer the question, right above the revised version.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by StyleTime
I did answer the question, right above the revised version.

Oops. embarrasment Sorry

StyleTime
Oops. embarrasment Sorry
Yeah. I wasn't trying to offend or anything. I just thought it'd be easier if we didn't have to go "Well Gambit will lose here, but could beat someone ahead of that." Gambit could take Sandman but, as awesome as his powers are, current Gambit isn't going to pull out many, if any, wins over most versions of Psyclocke. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking your list though.

Psyquis52
Nah. Your cool. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.