Superman vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
In a debate of the haters...

Which Superhero deserves the hate more??

Now, some people will say since Superman was the first hero, nobody should hate him. And thats true to a point. But my dislike of the character comes in when people job to him. And when DC gets all eloquent, talking about how he's the heart of the universe, the focal point of it all, etc. My main beef comes in as this....What the heck did the universe do before his mother squirted him out?? Did it not exist in continuity?? Was the universe birthed by Lara as well?

Many dislike Sentry, for unsurping Thors role in the Marvel Earth. As the most powerful hero, barring none. Is this a legit beef??
Or they believe he too has a jobber aura. Is this true??

Frostbite883
My money's on Sentry. Since he has psi powers besides super
physical ones.

General Kon-El
Sentry. Superman is da bomb!

R.O.T. Yahman
This is like Wayne Rooney vs Pele .... Potential vs prov en genius

Validus
Sentry is barely a character in the first place. His first mini-series is a commentary on the comic industry moving towards a darker image with characters like Spawn and the Punisher and away from the bright heroes like Superman. The second mini is more of the same except this time burdened by the need to shoehorn him into 616 continuity when he really has no actually place there.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Validus
Sentry is barely a character in the first place. His first mini-series is a commentary on the comic industry moving towards a darker image with characters like Spawn and the Punisher and away from the bright heroes like Superman. The second mini is more of the same except this time burdened by the need to shoehorn him into 616 continuity when he really has no actually place there.

I have to agree with you, they are making a lot more antiheroes than superheroes lately, and bringing back old ones like Deadpool and Ghostrider who didnt have a significant fan base

DigiMark007
...please use the search...

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.