DD vs DD Rex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Whats the difference?? And why does it matter??

I always hear about how DD Rex is a weak clone...........So?!
The DD that killed Superman was a clone. He was probably the millionth clone in a long line of clones. Thats the point of DD. If you kill him, and reduce him to a cell, he will "selfclone" of sorts, and comeback as a stronger, more resistant clone. With memories from his original conception. So how is DD rex weaker?

Big Sexy
dude to me they are the same. Doomsday rex is just something fanboys have to make an excuse for doomsdays loss. I admit it should not have happened but hey, it has happened to many other.

Validus
A jokerized version of Doomsday given intelligence. Where before he was a mindless creature with no fear, Rex feared his own mortality which Superman said affected his performance.

This is actually from the book so it isn't something fanboys just made up.

jgiant
rex is weaker cuz he was getting use to his emotions...and it should have never happened the way it did, he already lost to superman so it should have never happened again...just something superman fanboys made up to have an excuse for superman to win against dd...

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus
A jokerized version of Doomsday given intelligence. Where before he was a mindless creature with no fear, Rex feared his own mortality which Superman said affected his performance.

This is actually from the book so it isn't something fanboys just made up.
I stand corrected. Sorry, I didn't know

Validus
Originally posted by jgiant
rex is weaker cuz he was getting use to his emotions...and it should have never happened the way it did, he already lost to superman so it should have never happened again...just something superman fanboys made up to have an excuse for superman to win against dd...
How did fanboys make it up when it occurred in the book? Unless you're calling Jeph Loeb a fanboy in which case I would agree 100%.

jgiant
Originally posted by Validus
How did fanboys make it up when it occurred in the book? Unless you're calling Jeph Loeb a fanboy in which case I would agree 100%. thats the one...no way in hell that should have happened

jinzin
Originally posted by Big Sexy
dude to me they are the same. Doomsday rex is just something fanboys have to make an excuse for doomsdays loss. I admit it should not have happened but hey, it has happened to many other.

are you indirectly calling me a fanboy? What the f**k?

jgiant
Originally posted by jinzin
are you indirectly calling me a fanboy? What the f**k? i think he is...fight, fight, fight...

Big Sexy
Dude, Don't you think its odd that when a character looses to Superman and Then all of the sudden reasons come up to justify it. Darkseid and avatars and now Doomsday, I'm just noticing a pattern with DC writers..

UniOmni
Ohhh.....MY bad. I thought people said the army of DD's that Superman alone took out with HV were Rexes. You know....the one with the amazons and Jim Lee art, iirc?

jgiant
Dude, Don't you think its odd that when a character looses to Superman and Then all of the sudden reasons come up to justify it. Darkseid and avatars and now Doomsday, I'm just noticing a pattern with DC writers.. yeah...dc sux!

Big Sexy
are you indirectly calling me a fanboy? What the f**k?
No I'm just noticing a pattern with Superman writers.

jinzin
as for doomsday rex I have a raitonalized theory about that here..

okay...the best way I can explain this in simplistic terms is thus:

fighting...lets say you are a natural born fighter...your strength, speed, reflexes, and stamina are all natural to you, you have no problem kicking the crap out of people on a daily basis....however a well trained fighter comes along and serves you like a *****.....

you go to a martial arts school...despite all your god-given ability...you now have to learn aspects such as anticipation, balance, how to correctly punch, then how to punch through something, how to apply your center of gravity while staying light on your feet, learning grace through movement and fluidity...again despite your natural abilities, the only way to continue in your evolution of fighting ability was that...you had to go back to the basics.... become an ameature once again....and possibly look very follish while doing it......however when you are done learning what can be tought to you...you go back to the well trained fighter and trounce him..because NOW youhave added so very much to you arsenal of pain that you lacked before....

do you get the basic idea? does that make any sense? sad

this actually comes from a great thread concerning many random theories and explanations about dd.. it's a really interesting thread to read IMO.. here..
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358184&perpage=20&highlight=thanos+doomsday&pagenumber=1

jinzin
No I'm just noticing a pattern with Superman writers.

oh well.. that's just the way DC is.. i mean remember crisis on infinate earths?

Validus
Dude, Don't you think its odd that when a character looses to Superman and Then all of the sudden reasons come up to justify it. Darkseid and avatars and now Doomsday, I'm just noticing a pattern with DC writers..
Wait. What are you trying to say here? That Superman can beat people who aren't as powerful as he is?

Big Sexy
Dude I mean look at Darkseid. the 80s supeman didn't have a prayer but now he hands Darkseid his ass. Now look at Doomsday. He beat Superman to the point where Superman was afraid of him. I am noticing a depowering of Supermans enemies.

Validus
Dude I mean look at Darkseid. the 80s supeman didn't have a prayer but now he hands Darkseid his ass. Now look at Doomsday. He beat Superman to the point where Superman was afraid of him. I am noticing a depowering of Supermans enemies.
If you check out a few writer interviews you'll see thats more their problem rather than a company wide problem. Superman at this point is an idea rather than a character.

jinzin

and a geometric empowering of superman.. dc has admitted they're gradually bringing supes up to his pre-crisis levels.. doh

Validus
and a geometric empowering of superman.. dc has admitted they're gradually bringing supes up to his pre-crisis levels.. doh
He's repowered as a result of the surrounding heroes getting more powerful. Do you think it's a coincidence Superman's powers started getting amped up right around the time Flash discovered the Speed Force?

Mordum
OF course superman can beat everyone in DC. With his new movie around the corner supes needs all the hype and power ups he can get.....after he alone pays the bills over at DC comics. laughing

jgiant
ohh dear god that sig is...wow...well we shall see...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.