Lotus Day!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
That's today right? And lotus day is a celebration in buddhism, is it not? If not, what are the buddhist celebrations?

Jonathan Mark
I believe you are speaking about White Lotus Day...

White Lotus Day is a celebration of the group known as the Theosophists. It's celebrated 8th May, the anniversary of the passing of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, founder of the Theosophical Society. White Lotus Day is a celebration that encourages meditation about the metaphor of the lotus. The lotus is born under the mud, growing through the water to achieve the surface, and therefore the air and the light of sun. This growth is identified with man's life, born in earth but desiring the elevation to the air; representing his middle stage between animals and god. The seed of lotus contain (even before they germinate) perfectly formed leaves, a miniature shape of what they would become. This flower is often present in eastern religions, which influence is key in the Theosophical Movement.

debbiejo
Well that would explain why Shakys not here today........ confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well that would explain why Shakys not here today........ confused

No, that would not. laughing

debbiejo
blink

Where'd you come from............

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink

Where'd you come from............

My mother. roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
My mother. roll eyes (sarcastic)
hysterical

JacopeX
Good one laughing out loud

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by lord xyz
If not, what are the buddhist celebrations?

The primary celebration of Buddhism is Vesak, which celebrates the birth, enlightment, and death of Buddha.

Shakyamunison
It depend on what kind of Buddhist you are.

lord xyz
My mother. roll eyes (sarcastic) no, god made you through intelligent design.

Shakyamunison
no, god made you through intelligent design.

My mother is god. stick out tongue

lord xyz
My mother is god. stick out tongue whip you speak ill of god. I shall whip your ass now and then you can pay me $50,000 for making you pure of heart.

Shakyamunison
whip you speak ill of god. I shall whip your ass now and then you can pay me $50,000 for making you pure of heart.

You have never met my mother. eek! laughing

lord xyz
You have never met my mother. eek! laughing what is it with mums today?

debbiejo
My mother is god. stick out tongue I'm not your mother......... confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.