if yoda is stronger than mace how come...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vader sith
if yoda is stronger than mace how come mace has the only purple lightsabre in the whole 2 trilogys it should be yoda who shoud have a odd lightsabre cus he the leader of all jedi

FinalFantsyLord
i dont think it matters what colout ur sabre is coz some of the Padwans had purple and blue ones and stuff like that

Darth Zahanna
The purple lightsaber is a sign of the style of fighting mace uses because he uses a stlye that is really close to the darkside he uses a light saber that displays his closeness to the dark side
Blue+red=Purple

jollyjim311
Samuel L Jackson agreed to do it only if he got "a purple laser sword."

Captain REX
no expression

Lightsaber color has nothing to do with anything.

((The_Anomaly))
Lightsaber colour has nothing to do with how good you are. Lightsaber colours have nothing to do with anything (as REX said) other then being the users personal choice. Mace simply found a purple lightsaber crystal and put it in his saber, giving him a purple lightsaber.

Oh and Mace is not stronger then Yoda.

Blaxican Style
Well, Sameul L. jackson is stronger than Yoda i nthe force, but he had to lower hsi power level down for the movies.

Sesse
But Mark Hamill is REALLY the most powerful one...

At the time before special effects, it was hard to find a man who could really use the force. Mark could, thats why he was chosen.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Here are the questions that should be asked. I will also answer them.

Who has the greatest strength in the force?: Yoda
Who has the most knowledge about the force?: Yoda
Who is the best swordsman?: Mace.
Who would win in a fight? Yoda, but he would have show off some of that force talent. lol

Also as for lightsaber blade colors.

Sith: Are only allowed to have red bladed lightsabers. As for Anakin not switching over to it in episode 3. Well he was in a hurry and did not have time to make a new one and seeing as Palpatine lost one of his out the Window he is down to one.

Jedi (Obi-Wan's Time): Are only allowed green and blue blades. On rare occasions Purple is allowed.

Jedi (Luke's Jedi Order): Any blade color is allowed.

Dark Jedi: Dark Jedi will use blades of any color.

Darth Zahanna
i know that the color does not effect how good or evil someone is i was just referring to a few things i have read and due to the fact that mace is a good Jedi that uses a light saber technique that is very close to the dark side he might have used a purple light saber to display his proximity to the dark side

Darth Zahanna
Form VII Juyo / Vaapad - Named after the multi tailed, lightning fast Vaapad of Sarapin. It is the hardest to learn and most dangerous form, overwhelming and unpredictable. Closely associated with the dark side. Known users are: Mace Windu, Depa Billaba, Sora Bulq, Darth Maul, Quinlan Vos (incomplete training), Darth Sidious and General Grievous.

and that is the form that i was speaking of so that you don't think that i was lie to cover my tracks and such

Jam-Jul_Lison
Originally posted by Darth Zahanna
Form VII Juyo / Vaapad - Named after the multi tailed, lightning fast Vaapad of Sarapin. It is the hardest to learn and most dangerous form, overwhelming and unpredictable. Closely associated with the dark side. Known users are: Mace Windu, Depa Billaba, Sora Bulq, Darth Maul, Quinlan Vos (incomplete training), Darth Sidious and General Grievous.

and that is the form that i was speaking of so that you don't think that i was lie to cover my tracks and such

Nice desciption but here is one i got from theforce.net

Vaapad
this lightsaber combat was developed by Mace Windu, with the assistance of Sora Bulq, during the years leading up to the Clone Wars. It was an aggressive collection of maneuvers, and was considered to be part of the Form VII category. As such, the Vaapad training was considered extremely close to the Dark Side of the Force, and was forbidden to all but the most skilled of Jedi Masters. To Master Windu and his apprentice, Depa Billaba, Vaapad was more than a combat style; it was a state of mind in which the fighter opened themselves so fully to the Force to fight their opponent that they drew power from both the light and dark sides of the Force. The style was named for vaapad creature found on Sarapin. It was all but abandoned after Sora Bulq was consumed by the art in what became known as the blood fever, and himself abandoned the Jedi Order. Master Windu later explained to Obi-Wan Kenobi that Vaapad had originally been created as a way for him to channel his own darkness into a weapon of the light. While this was an adaptation to weakness within Master Windu, it was a potential danger for those Jedi who were unable to control the Dark Side of the Force.
(J1, NEGC, SHPT, E3N)

((The_Anomaly))
I disagree with Mace being the best swordsman...Yoda takes that as well.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison

Also as for lightsaber blade colors.

Sith: Are only allowed to have red bladed lightsabers. As for Anakin not switching over to it in episode 3. Well he was in a hurry and did not have time to make a new one and seeing as Palpatine lost one of his out the Window he is down to one.

Jedi (Obi-Wan's Time): Are only allowed green and blue blades. On rare occasions Purple is allowed.

Jedi (Luke's Jedi Order): Any blade color is allowed.

Dark Jedi: Dark Jedi will use blades of any color.
I don't think it's a case of what is 'allowed', but simply a case of personal choice. I read (I forget where) that the reason why there primarily blue and green blades in the movies, and then all sorts of colors in the EU, was retconned as: Prior to the movie era, Jedi used crystals from many locations, resulting in many colored blades. During the era the movies took place in, the Jedi used crystals from Illum, and the Sith created their own artificial crystals. Following the destruction of the caves of Illum, the Jedi were forced to seek out other sources of crystals for their sabers, which resulted in the re-appearance of various blade colors.
In RoDV, Palpatine said to Vader that the Sith had moved beyond the use of lightsabers, but continued to use them in mockery of the Jedi (Hence why the Sith created artificial crystals in colors the Jedi never used, as the crystal Luke used in his lightsaber was also artificially created)
To be honest, that made sense to me smile

DarthMaul9123
you could have a tie die saber and be the worst of all jedi, oh and jackson just wanted a purple lightsaber. but didnt koon have a gold one

Darth Zahanna
yes Jackson did want the purple light saber but as i stated there is a way that it is connected to the story of Mace. Thanks for the better description of Vaapad Jam-Jul Lison

Blaxican Style
Were is their REAL proof as to the color of the blade having to do with the Jedi type? I want to see a link.

A.J
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Samuel L Jackson agreed to do it only if he got "a purple laser sword." yeh he said the reason he has diferent colour lightsaber is so he can see him self ina like abig batle because he will stand out

Darth Zahanna
Go to wiki and read up on mace that is where you will get all the info that i stated above and if that doesn't please you then let it go and complain to someone else how light sabers don't determine what kinda Jedi you are and as i said before i never said that the color determines what type of Jedi someone is it just is a choice but i gave a reason to why he might have chosen purple as in mace not Jackson.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Here is some accurate info on the lightsaber. enjoy.

http://www.theforce.net/swenc/newdescr.asp?search=14943&tab=d

The big EH
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
you could have a tie die saber and be the worst of all jedi, oh and jackson just wanted a purple lightsaber. but didnt koon have a gold one i believe his was orange (my favourite colour) but there r few pics of him with his lightsaber ignited

DarthMaul9123
yeah, but the jedi power battles game he has a gold or orange one,
but um mace had a blue one i think im not sure maybe it was purple

TheBalance

Darth Vious
That's all very informative, except for one inaccuracy. Lightsaber power cells do not produce plasma. Plasma is superheated gas. According to the official SW website, a lightsaber's blade is composed of 'pure energy'. What was the source for all the information? I'm also curious to know where it was said that a synthetic lightsaber crystal would only last a month...

Darth Zahanna
Thank you TheBalance that was very informative.
And as I had said my stuff was always just an idea

Starwalker
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
you could have a tie die saber and be the worst of all jedi, oh and jackson just wanted a purple lightsaber. but didnt koon have a gold one

Koon had a gold one up to Episode 1 however after that he like many Jedi switched to a more traditional color, in his case blue.

DarthMaul9123
why, if i had a gold saber shoot, i would never turn it off haha

Starwalker
The Out of Universe Reason is that Lucas showed in the films that all of the Jedi have blue and green.

I'm not sure of the In-Universe reason though.

DarthMaul9123
oh, maybe george asked plo koon, and george is the in-universe

TheBalance
I didn't write this bit i dont know who did maybe my brother typed it in while i was getting a drink but this whole bit is bullshit so i'm sorry
Darth Vious if i mislead you. But the Synthetic crystals are unstable if not manafactured so the lowest a synth crystal could last in use, is a few seconds. sorry bout the misleading info but i have corrected it...

FALSE
"Lightsaber crystals do have limited life spans. As the plasma energy that makes up the blade flows through them, they eventually wear out. For the most part, there is a ratio between the strength of a crystal and its longevity. For example, a blue lightsaber is one of the stronger crystals, and even if frequently used, will last over a millenia. On the other hand, a red synth-crystal, if frequently used, will last only a month."

FALSE
"There is some controversy surrounding what exactly produces blade color in a lightsaber. Is it purely based on the type or color of crystal, the focusing mechanism, power level, "tuning" or some other aspect? Clearly, the crystal has some effect, but it may not be the sole factor in determining the color. It has been determined that the plasma emitted from the power cell of a lightsaber has no effect on the saber's color. Color is determined by a lightsaber's primary crystal because secondary crystals create effects to a lightsaber's blade."

dirka
samuel l jackson stated that he would only accept the role of mace windu if he received a unique lightsaber.

as to who is more powerful its obviously yoda, c'mon he bloked force lighting with his bare hands.

zimydoomy
i believe certain colors are derived from one side or another, but i dont think it matters what color you choose. as in mace's purple crystal is neutral, while red and orange belong to the dark side, while blue and green belong to the light side. but as i said, these are only where they are derived from

Tangible God
Orange is dark?

xxxpoppunker182
why did you just necro this topic? its been dead for a year

DarthLazious
There were other Jedi that had Purple lightsabers besides Mace just FYI.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison

Adi Gallia had a crimson blade. Plo Koon had an orange one.

zimydoomy
i said they were DERIVED from light or dark, i did not say the jedi or sith use them in particularr

Tangible God
But why the hell is orange dark?

Violent2Dope
It's not, saber color doesn't matter.

Tengu
Originally posted by Darth Zahanna
The purple lightsaber is a sign of the style of fighting mace uses because he uses a stlye that is really close to the darkside he uses a light saber that displays his closeness to the dark side
Blue+red=Purple laughing and where did you get this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.