silver surfer vs thanos with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
surfer must use ALL the powers at his disposal as must thanos in this fight, not just blasts and speed but EVERYTHING

roughrider
Part of the trouble is Thanos' genius at out-strategizing his opponent. He comes up with almost anything to neutralize an advantage by his opponent. Surfer can do more than he's shown in the past, but Thanos can predict all his moves.

Mider
no prep, and they both just met for the first time. Both are at full power and both must use all of there abilities, and to make it fair to SS thanos is not immortal in this fight.

golem370
I keep coming back to the fact that Silver Surfer was brought down with one shot from Odin but Thanos was hanging in there for along time

Mider
^ i also thought about that but im wondering what would have happend if odin would have just got tired and used a dimensional portal to get rid of thanos, could thanos have done something to get out of that?

Wally West
Its been clearly established Thanos is above Silver Surfer/Herald level, honestly its silly to try say he only loses to Thanos because of CIS/PIS by holding back his speed or other powers, I mean you rarely see Thanos go all-out against an opponent either.

Mider
yeah well thats to bad for him, if he cant open dimensional portals or whatever then he clearly has a weakness if surfer throws him into a black hole or something that dont mean he's weaker then SS but that he has a weakness same thing with me going up and beating up superman only cause i have K-nite

Wally West
Thanos can survive a black hole, and I'd like to see Silver Surfer try and overpower Thanos, grab him then throw him into a black hole, Thanos would destroy him in the process.

Mider
he doesnt need to do that he can just open it up below him or behind him he has the power to open black holes.

GODSCRIBE
Thanos would escape the black hole, as he has done it already. Thanos is far superior to Surfer in every way imaginable apart from speed.

Thanos 10/10

Mider
when has thanos gotten out of a black hole and how fast did it take him, and can surfer put people into other dimensions cause he can also use that.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Mider
when has thanos gotten out of a black hole and how fast did it take him, and can surfer put people into other dimensions cause he can also use that.

Like I said, Thanos can do all that..but at skyfather levels.

Thanos wins.

Mider
he aint a skyfather, and i wanna know where at least a description of how he did it or with whom he was fighting with when he did it.

GODSCRIBE
actually he is. how much evidence do you need- battle with Odin in Asgard? battle with Tyrant? Inbetweener?

Im sorry Silver Surfer hasnt been able to even scratch Thanos in a long time.

Titan 10/10

Big Sexy
It happened in the Infinity Abyss comic, when thanos escaped a black hole.

GODSCRIBE
And it was done by Thanos clones.

Mider
umm you call being knocked around like a nobody makes thanos a skyfather sorry i dont think so, the end of that battle was odin standing with out even a scratch while thanos was smoking he got hit so bad, and when he battled In-betweener he probably did it in that area where inbetweener has no power, and thats total PIS inbetweener is an abstract he is probably near galactus level him losing to thanos or having trouble with him in ANY situation is total PIS, same thing with his fight against tyrant even with all those new powers from the heralds he shouldnt have stood a chance.

GODSCRIBE
umm you call being knocked around like a nobody makes thanos a skyfather sorry i dont think so, the end of that battle was odin standing with out even a scratch while thanos was smoking he got hit so bad, and when he battled In-betweener he probably did it in that area where inbetweener has no power, and thats total PIS inbetweener is an abstract he is probably near galactus level him losing to thanos or having trouble with him in ANY situation is total PIS, same thing with his fight against tyrant even with all those new powers from the heralds he shouldnt have stood a chance.

no, it shows his durability you dumb ****. if he is able to withstand Odin's attempts, what makes you think Surfer could ever do anything to him? You stupid imp.

roughrider
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
actually he is. how much evidence do you need- battle with Odin in Asgard? battle with Tyrant? Inbetweener?

Im sorry Silver Surfer hasnt been able to even scratch Thanos in a long time.

Titan 10/10

Thanos is just below Skyfather. Now, maybe Odin is the most powerful Skyfather in the Marvel Universe, but Thanos could only hang on during that fight. He never once had the advantage.

Mider
there you go with your little insults, all it shows is that odin didnt kill him right there and then, and if you think he could stand up to inbetweener or tyrant with out PIS then you minus will think the same about wolverine beating thanos with out PIS.

Wally West
You can't call his fights with Odin and Tyrant PIS just because you don't like the result, Thanos is just that tough, he is beyond the Surfer.

Odin KO'd Surfer in what, 1 or 2 shots? That tells you all you need to know about how Thanos and Surfer compare power wise. And I don't think Surfer could ever send Galactus flying hundreds of feet and knocking him on his ass with 1 energy blast. These two are in different leagues.

Mider
give me a break what result was that thanos being all messed up wow how tough, if odin wanted to he probably could have just powered up more and kicked his butt why do i say this cause odin wasnt even seared at the end of that battle.

The Fake Macoy
There's a reason that Thanos has swatted the Surfer away every time. He's just that much more powerful.

Mider
i know he's more durable no question, but surfer aint never used any of his other powers against this guy i wanna know what would happen if he did.

Wally West
give me a break what result was that thanos being all messed up wow how tough, if odin wanted to he probably could have just powered up more and kicked his butt why do i say this cause odin wasnt even seared at the end of that battle. For as bad as you think Thanos' performance against Odin was, Surfer's was 100 times worse smile

Rols
I think this 2 are equal in raw power, its just that Thanos is ruthless and cunning and will do everything to be on top, thats why every time this 2 go at it SS always get his ass handed to him.

Thanos fight against Tyrant he had a energy sphere to help him on this fight, whose to know if SS had desame advantage fighting Tyrant, he would fare will against him.

SS against madness Thor, he was holding back fearing injuries against thor, when warlock came to help he was surprised that SS wasnt even injured.

Thanos fight with Odin, SS fell with 2 blows but whose to know if he got up and just observe those 2 fight because at the end of the fight he was there without even a scratch.

Just my .02 cents

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Rols
I think this 2 are equal in raw power, its just that Thanos is ruthless and cunning and will do everything to be on top, thats why every time this 2 go at it SS always get his ass handed to him.

Although I do agree Thanos is more ruthless and cunning, I don't agree that they are equal in raw power. Thanos has always displayed more power than SS. In the battle with Tyrant, Thanos' first blast came from himself, not the orb, and Tyrant seemed somewhat harmed by it and admitted that Thanos was more than the others. SS blasts, on the other hand, did absolutely nothing to Tyrant, and there was no reason for him to hold back.

Thanos fight against Tyrant he had a energy sphere to help him on this fight, whose to know if SS had desame advantage fighting Tyrant, he would fare will against him.

Thanos only released the energy from the orb once to attack Tyrant. The rest of the time, he was hitting him with it physically (besides the initial blast which came from Thanos himself, not the orb). I don't think it was much of an advantage at all. Thanos only held onto it because he didn't want to lose it.

SS against madness Thor, he was holding back fearing injuries against thor, when warlock came to help he was surprised that SS wasnt even injured.

I do agree that SS was holding back from Thor for fear of causing permanent damage to him. However, the whole purpose of going to Thanos' lair was because they didn't have the power to subdue Thor and thought that Thanos would.

Thanos fight with Odin, SS fell with 2 blows but whose to know if he got up and just observe those 2 fight because at the end of the fight he was there without even a scratch.

I think him not having a scratch has more to do with his healing ability than his strength. Thanos looked way more beat up than SS but he stayed in the fight longer and did rock Odin a few times. SS did nothing and couldn't withstand one blast.

Mider
so what are you saying thanos is equal to tyrant even if he was skyfather galactus would eat a thousand skyfathers before dieing to any of them, and thanos NEEDED a gun to take down warrior madness thor and he was hurt but of course thor had the power gem so thats not so bad, thanos hanging with tyrant sounds like pure nonsense even if that orb gave him anymore power its still nonsense.

Rols
From what i understood Thanos was siphoning power from the energy sphere adding it to his own. Tyrant also said desame to SS That he was more powerfull than the others comparing him with the other Heralds, Gladiator and Beta Ray bill. Thanos was compared to whoever was present at the time. SS is always holding back no matter in any situation,(SS comics ive read) Ie. Annihialiation SS #2 He would rather be caught and subdue than kill the bad dudes.

As for the battle with Thanos and Odin, SS probably thought it was pointless to continue fighting, throwing energies when they are there to talk to Odin, and that Thanos had some kind of plan up his sleeves. Thanos knows he is no match to Odin yet he still fought to gain his attention that was the plan i think.

I think writin at full potential SS with his diverse abilities and powers could hang around with Thanos and Darksied.

The only time ive read that Thanos beat the crap out of surfer, is when Surfer came to ask for Thanos advice regarding mistress deat
and that in order for them to really find the answere is for him to be neardeath, and then Thanos attacked him, not giving him any time to retalliate.

Rols
Thanos is not on desame level as Tyrant even with the energy sphere he was holding but it definetly made him stronger. As for the battle with Thor w/power gem, he was getting tired or bored of the fight and that Thor had just unlimeted source of energy and took out a gun to subdue him thats why SS and company ask for Thanos help knowing hes got ways to subdue Thor, Even then energy field that was use to subdue him wasnt gonna last long.

celestialdemon
so what are you saying thanos is equal to tyrant even if he was skyfather galactus would eat a thousand skyfathers before dieing to any of them, and thanos NEEDED a gun to take down warrior madness thor and he was hurt but of course thor had the power gem so thats not so bad, thanos hanging with tyrant sounds like pure nonsense even if that orb gave him anymore power its still nonsense.

Heck no. I'll be the first to admit Thanos is not equal to Tyrant, Galactus, The In-Betweener, or any skyfather. I'm only arguing for Thanos against the SS. Against the guys I mentioned, he goes down.

celestialdemon
From what i understood Thanos was siphoning power from the energy sphere adding it to his own. Tyrant also said desame to SS That he was more powerfull than the others comparing him with the other Heralds, Gladiator and Beta Ray bill. Thanos was compared to whoever was present at the time.

I haven't read the comic in awhile, but I don't recall it ever being stated that he was absorbing the orb's power to augment his own. I'll have to check it when I get home, but I was under the impression that he was fighting him with his own power simply to see if he was strong enough to withstand Tyrant, as he stated at the end.

SS is always holding back no matter in any situation,(SS comics ive read) Ie. Annihialiation SS #2 He would rather be caught and subdue than kill the bad dudes.

I guess if he always holds back, then it makes it almost impossible to assess what he CAN do when he doesn't.

As for the battle with Thanos and Odin, SS probably thought it was pointless to continue fighting, throwing energies when they are there to talk to Odin, and that Thanos had some kind of plan up his sleeves. Thanos knows he is no match to Odin yet he still fought to gain his attention that was the plan i think.

Well, if you remember, it was Warlock that dragged SS away from the conflict. When SS came to, he was wondering what was going on. SS thought it was crazy for Thanos to be battling Odin, but Warlock told him Thanos' power had never been fully tested before. That's when SS decided to not continue fighting. I think he was just as interested to see Thanos tested as Thanos himself was.

I think writin at full potential SS with his diverse abilities and powers could hang around with Thanos and Darksied.

Written at full potential, I think SS would give Thanos and Darkseid a good fight, but he still wouldn't be in their league in terms of power.

Rols

Rols
Sorry im still not use to this forum

It was Pep the Troll that was talking to Warlock not SS. SS wasnt in any panel after he got blasted by Odin, he showed up after the fight. Im not to sure dough cause i dont have that comic anymore.

I think the main reason why Thanos left the others to fight Tyrant because he wants to find some weakness or advantage against Tyrant then he came back with the energy sphere. Its desame energy sphere that Tyrant uses to power himself and he fought Tyrant with it, thats why im assuming thats he is somehow siphoning energy from that. And he hits tyrant with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.