Christ/Anti-Christ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix2001
It's such a hype now that it's hard to speak to anyone without hearing about the second coming of Christ, and the coming of the Anti-Christ.

What I've been wondering, since we've all been waiting, how do you not know that you, yourself, the individual, is not either the Christ, or the Anti-Christ?

Pretty Interesting Topic to talk about I think.

Jonathan Mark
I'm pretty damn certain that I am not Christ...

Templares
My friends keep calling me the "Anti-christ". Im beginning to think that maybe i am sad .

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Templares
My friends keep calling me the "Anti-christ". Im beginning to think that maybe i am sad .
eek!

Shakyamunison
It is all a lie.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
It's such a hype now that it's hard to speak to anyone without hearing about the second coming of Christ, and the coming of the Anti-Christ.

What I've been wondering, since we've all been waiting, how do you not know that you, yourself, the individual, is not either the Christ, or the Anti-Christ?

Pretty Interesting Topic to talk about I think.

Pious fraud, as usual with the abrahamic religions.

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is all a lie.
thumb up

debbiejo
It's all a lie, and antichrist told me so...........

RedAlertv2
Im both

Mindship
Just remember: Christ + Antichrist = energy.

peejayd
* the anti-Christ as stated in the Bible...

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son ."
I John 2:22

* the anti-Christ is the one who denies the Father and the Son... the anti-Christ is the one who denies Jesus is the Christ... wink

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist , whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."
I John 4:3

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist ."
II John 7

* the anti-Christ is the one who do not confess that Christ came in the flesh... wink

Alliance
My god! There are like 4.5 billion antichrists alive today!

I am 1/4500000000th of an antichrist!

I am honored big grin

NineCoronas
I've never understood why people so vehemently believe that the anti-christ is just one person.

Alliance
Its just a word to scare Christians of non Christians.

As in 1/4500000000th

Darth Jello
if your a nostradamus freak, you can't be the third antichrist cause no one named "mabus" has been killed yet. otherwise, all apocalypse's are either bullshit or have happened a thousand years ago so you have nothing to worry about/look forward to other than comets, meteors, and supervolcanoes, all of which can theoretically or practically be prevented.

Or if you're a fat waste of sperm, egg, and pelvic thrusts like Jerry Falwell you'll say that the antichrist is a jew in israel so you can start things up according to prophecy, cram all jews into israel, and then bomb the place to start armaggedon cause your a fat racist retard who doesn't know how to interpret scripture or lay off the buttered orphan hearts at breakfast.

debbiejo
Antichrist only means Against Christ.....As heretic Paul said "even now they are among us."

Shakyamunison
Any opposite must have the counter component to exist. So, a Christ must have an Antichrist. However, if Christ destroyed the Antichrist, then Christ will also be destroyed.

Alliance
Very true.

Its kind of like without war there is no peace type thing, but its more geared into keeping people in line. Why listen to the trinity when the other option is....ummm..nothing. just say NO!.laughing out loud

YOu need the devil/antichrist (i know they are not the same) to provide a contrast and .... fear

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by peejayd
* the anti-Christ as stated in the Bible...

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son ."
I John 2:22

* the anti-Christ is the one who denies the Father and the Son... the anti-Christ is the one who denies Jesus is the Christ... wink

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist , whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."
I John 4:3

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist ."
II John 7

* the anti-Christ is the one who do not confess that Christ came in the flesh... wink

I like how you nitpick through the bible and select verses from the new testament but nver from the old.

debbiejo
Yeah, what's the deal with that............you know why??? they contradict..

Alliance
RELIGION IS HYPOCRTICAL!!!!111 fear

peejayd
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
I like how you nitpick through the bible and select verses from the new testament but nver from the old.

* eventhough Christ existed before the foundation of the world, the Father did not yet introduced Christ in the time of the Old Testament... one can never be against of someone he/she never knows... wink

peejayd
Originally posted by debbiejo
Antichrist only means Against Christ.....As heretic Paul said "even now they are among us."

* please justify how Saint Paul is a heretic... confused

Imperial_Samura
I suspect if Jesus did pop up he probably wouldn't say anything - saying your Jesus, and believing it, seems to get people put in mental hospitals - one of my research projects involved work experiances in one institute - there were three men all claiming to be Jesus.

Still, to the question - I don't think I am Jesus, or the anti-Jesus. And I think I'd know. It would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the drama if they didn't know who they were (even if it did happen, which I doubt)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I suspect if Jesus did pop up he probably wouldn't say anything - saying your Jesus, and believing it, seems to get people put in mental hospitals - one of my research projects involved work experiances in one institute - there were three men all claiming to be Jesus.

Still, to the question - I don't think I am Jesus, or the anti-Jesus. And I think I'd know. It would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the drama if they didn't know who they were (even if it did happen, which I doubt)

What if one of them was Jesus? eek!

debbiejo
* please justify how Saint Paul is a heretic... confused Although they won't admit it, Conservatives are much more enthused about the teaching of Paul than that of Jesus. Just listen to them, or look at what they write. Most of the time, when they mention Jesus' name, it isn't to promote his teaching, but to promote Paul's teaching about Christ. Unlike Jesus of Nazareth, however, who was a Liberal who built up the weak and the poor, while tearing down the mighty, Paul of Tarsus was a Conservative who did a great deal to put down the weak: women, slaves, Jews, homosexuals and the poor, while empowering those in power. St. Paul has proven himself the dream theologian of Conservatives, who for centuries has provided them any number of bible passages to help white, European, male, prosperous, heterosexual "Christians" keep the rest of mankind under their feet.
http://liberalslikechrist.org/about/paulvsall.html

Paul taught that the whole function of Jesus centred on his death which released the faithful from the burden of their sins, their misery and the power of Satan. In fact not a single word Paul wrote in the Epistles gives the actual teaching of Jesus, nor does he mention even one of his parables; instead he spreads his own philosophy and his own ideas

peejayd
* that's it? <sigh...>

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."
I Corinthians 14:37

* Saint Paul wrote the commandments of Christ in his epistles... and read this...

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."
II Peter 3:15-16

* your bad, even Saint Peter acknowledged Saint Paul and his epistles... but you did not? <sigh...>

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
well marilyn manson has a song called anti-christ superstar and i luv his ideals sooooooo.............

Lord Urizen

debbiejo
* that's it? <sigh...>

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."
I Corinthians 14:37

* Saint Paul wrote the commandments of Christ in his epistles... and read this...

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."
Even the Jews will acknowledge Jesus as a teacher, but to them Paul is a heretic....They know their OT, and they know what Jesus taught....Paul, scrapped it all and made his own religion based on Mithrasim...
* your bad, even Saint Peter acknowledged Saint Paul and his epistles... but you did not? <sigh...>

Even the Jews acknowledge Jesus as a teacher, but Paul as a heretic, and they know their OT very well!!..How come Paul never really quotes Jesus' words and his parables?...Pauls teachings are contrary to the OT and Jesus......His beliefs are based on Mithraism.

Lord Urizen
I LOVE EVERYONE

peejayd
Even the Jews will acknowledge Jesus as a teacher, but to them Paul is a heretic....They know their OT, and they know what Jesus taught....Paul, scrapped it all and made his own religion based on Mithrasim...

Even the Jews acknowledge Jesus as a teacher, but Paul as a heretic, and they know their OT very well!!..How come Paul never really quotes Jesus' words and his parables?...Pauls teachings are contrary to the OT and Jesus......His beliefs are based on Mithraism.

* Saint Paul acknowledges Christ greater than just a Teacher, He acknowledges Christ as a God, a Lord and a Saviour... however...

As also in all his epistles , speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

* you still can't refute the fact that Saint Peter acknowledged Saint Paul and his epistles... if Saint Paul's epistles are wrong, Saint Peter should have said so... wink

Lord Urizen
I AM THE ANTI CHRIST

Lord Urizen
You guys keep talking about me like i dont hear it already.

I ALREADY ARRIVED ! I AM THE ANTI CHRIST !

Alliance
No, you're just antoher onw of the 4.5 billion antichrists alive today! (ie people are not Christian.

I am 1/4500000000th of an antichrist! You are too! together, we are 1/2250000000th of the antichrist! Woot!

debbiejo
* Saint Paul acknowledges Christ greater than just a Teacher, He acknowledges Christ as a God, a Lord and a Saviour... however...

As also in all his epistles , speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

* you still can't refute the fact that Saint Peter acknowledged Saint Paul and his epistles... if Saint Paul's epistles are wrong, Saint Peter should have said so... wink Jesus was never considered divine until the Council of Nicea by a vote.....During those times it was decided what scriptures would be edited in and which would be edited out....My question to you is WHY not include them all?

Lord Urizen
You know im sick and tired of not getting credit for my evil work on this world !

I AM THE ANTI CHRIST !!!!!!! evil face

I'm telling YOU ! I was spawned directly from Hell, and am VERY LIBERAL !

You'll see.....you'll ALL SEE !!!!!!!!

debbiejo
So you are a figment of our imagination??..........Hell isn't real.

Shakyamunison
The true Christ is inside of you, therefore, the only Antichrist would have to be you. But I don't think so, because I believe you are good deep inside, just like every living thing.

Lord Urizen
I Am the Anti Christ.....

I'm bisexual, i actually love sex a lot, i THINK for myself, I'm a bit rebellious, and I stand up for basic human rights.

Many Conservative Christians would consider me evil

Alliance
I consider you evil no expression

You're use of your brian is destroying society

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Alliance
So is my grammar sad.

The essence of my point still stands!

Lord Urizen
If Hell is a place for gay people, then it must be ONE HELL OF A PARTAYYYYYYYYYY

They should make a gay club called "HELL" LOLOL

they ALREADY have one called "Heaven"....ughhh i went there, that was the most SUPERFICIAL place on EARTH !!!!!

Shakyamunison
Hell is a state of mind, and so is heaven. wink

Lord Urizen
Hell is a party ! eek!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Hell is a party ! eek!

If you have ever been in hell you would understand. I know the place well, but I don't go there anymore.

Lord Urizen
Yes i do know waht Hell is like....a personal Hell.

I used to be suicidal, low confident, hate who i was (about 6 years ago)

I used to hate the fact that i was unattractive, skinny as hell, bisexual, and had no freinds.

Things are VERY DIFFERENT NOW........so im happy as HEAVEN angel

Shakyamunison
Yes i do know waht Hell is like....a personal Hell.

I used to be suicidal, low confident, hate who i was (about 6 years ago)

I used to hate the fact that i was unattractive, skinny as hell, bisexual, and had no freinds.

Things are VERY DIFFERENT NOW........so im happy as HEAVEN angel

That part of you that allowed you to change is your Christ, the part that wanted to kill you is your Antichrist. Just like heaven and hell are states of mind, Christ and Antichrist are points of view.

Lord Urizen
Actually what changed was both voluntary and circumstancial.

Over time I became much better looking, i didn't do anything to promote this. I also gained weight, made better freinds, let go of my own prejudices, let go of my religion, and not only accepted who I was, but also LOVED who I was.

I went from being self hating to be concieted.

I am so much happier now, and i would NEVER go back. EVER

Shakyamunison
Actually what changed was both voluntary and Circumstantial.

Over time I became much better looking, i didn't do anything to promote this. I also gained weight, made better freinds, let go of my own prejudices, let go of my religion, and not only accepted who I was, but also LOVED who I was.

I went from being self hating to be concieted.

I am so much happier now, and i would NEVER go back. EVER

You did it all...

You became better looking because you accepted who you are. Circumstantial is just you waiting for the right time. We say to ourselves, I will be happy when, and suffer until these criteria have been met. We always have the power to through away our lists and be happy for no reason what so ever.

Lord Urizen
Part of beleives that is true....perhaps my positivity made me better lookn over time....my apetite certainly increased as i let stress go, and i got a lot more muscular and built than being the stick i was before.

I hope what you're saying is true, because it is the ULTAMATE FREE WILL beleif that you proclaim.

Lord Urizen
ALSO...Quantam Physics backs up EVERYTHING you just said ! Isn't that cool ?

Shakyamunison
Part of beleives that is true....perhaps my positivity made me better lookn over time....my apetite certainly increased as i let stress go, and i got a lot more muscular and built than being the stick i was before.

I hope what you're saying is true, because it is the ULTAMATE FREE WILL beleif that you proclaim.

It's a special secret: If you take responsibility of all things in your life, you gain power over your life. It is a secret only because most people refuse to believe it, but it works.

Lord Urizen
Like I said before....If i was forced to PICK a religion to get into, it would be BUDDHISM for sure !

debbiejo
ALSO...Quantam Physics backs up EVERYTHING you just said ! Isn't that cool ? YES it certainly does.............and glad you made it out of hell too..........I visited there for some years too.........It's a nasty place.... mad

Lord Urizen
Yeah...Hell is a nasty place.

My Hell was one-time Self Hatred.

But I beleive Hell is different for everybody.

Alliance
YOu shouldn't bother mirroring your life with religious analogies. You did it, you have the most control over your life.

YOu just realized that.

peejayd
Jesus was never considered divine until the Council of Nicea by a vote.....During those times it was decided what scriptures would be edited in and which would be edited out....My question to you is WHY not include them all?

* now you just diverted the topic... okay... roll eyes (sarcastic)

* Council of Nicaea, of whom? still mixing Christianity and Catholicism, i see... confused

* why not include them all? there is a Canon of the Scriptures... the books within the Bible can prove the existence of the other... for example: in the book of Matthew, it had quoted some verse from the book of the prophet Micah... and so on and so forth... wink

Alliance
* now you just diverted the topic... okay... roll eyes (sarcastic)

* Council of Nicaea, of whom? still mixing Christianity and Catholicism, i see... confused

Just because you have a crazy notion that is not an official position of any sort, doesn't mean you can use it in an argument. Jesus founded Christianity, which became orthodox christianity, whch gave rise to catholicism, which gave rise to protestantism. If catholics are not christians...then you're one of the farthest thigns from Christianity.

peejayd
* well, the simplest justification is to prove that the teachings of Christ in the Bible do not conflict with the doctrines of Catholicism... say what? where can you find it's okay to worship graven images? a human? a relic?

Alliance
tell me, do you have a cross on your person? in your home? on your car?

peejayd
* none...

Alliance
you have one in your church though.

peejayd
* not all people are catholics, you know...

Alliance
I didn't ask if you had a cricifix in your church or on your person. I asked if you had a cross. Pay attention if you want to reply.

peejayd
* well, then clarify your statement...

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."
Luke 9:23

* if this is the cross you're talking about, yes i do... if you're talking about the literal symbol of the cross or crucifix, whether in my church i'm going to, or in my person, it's a big "NO"... wink

debbiejo
Graven images are more then crosses also. Do you have any pictures of Jesus? And do you follow the whole Bible?...How about keeping all 10 of the commandments?

Alliance
Originally posted by Alliance
tell me, do you have a cross on your person? in your home? on your car?

Could I have been more direct? Why don't you read more carefully.

I agree with debbie's extensions too...you DO use graven images frequently and Jesus asked you too...just another hypocrisy in the Bible.

peejayd
Graven images are more then crosses also. Do you have any pictures of Jesus?

* none... there is no evidence of what is the real appearance of Jesus... wink

And do you follow the whole Bible?

* no, there are commandments in the Bible that are obsolete... i follow the doctrines of Christ and His apostles because we are in the time of Christianity... wink

How about keeping all 10 of the commandments?

* here's an example... so let's read the 10 commandments...

"I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.
Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Thou shalt not kill.
Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Neither shalt thou steal.
Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's."
Deuteronomy 5:6-21

* now this IS the 10 commandments... and some of these were amended by Christ...

* for example: the observation of Sabbath...

"Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?"
Luke 6:9

* whilst the 10 commandment says don't do any kind of work on Sabbath, Christ says we should do good things EVEN on Sabbath...

* honoring the parents...

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."
Galatians 6:10

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."
I Peter 2:17

* Christ said through the apostles Paul & Peter, to do good and to honor ALL people, not just our parents but to ALL people...

* re: killing...

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
Matthew 5:22

* even if you don't kill a person, but just by having anger or wrath or rage in your heart against a brother in faith, it's equivalent to killing...

* re: adultery & coveting others' wives...

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."
Matthew 5:28

* the mere looking to someone with lust is equivalent of committing adultery...

* so i guess, it's enough and i've proven my point... wink

Could I have been more direct? Why don't you read more carefully.

I agree with debbie's extensions too...you DO use graven images frequently and Jesus asked you too...just another hypocrisy in the Bible.

* where in the Bible can you prove that Christ allowed his followers to use graven images? do not presume something that is not proven, dude... 'coz i DON'T... wink

Alliance

you got communication issues dude....

Christ did not allow his followers to use graven images.

you use them.

get my point? wink

peejayd
* nope... and never... wink

Lord Urizen
I have a cross on my necklace and im not even Christian LOL

Alliance
if this is the cross you're talking about, yes i do...

You use a graven image.

peejayd
* the cross stated in Luke 9:23 is NOT a graven image... wink

Shakyamunison
* the cross stated in Luke 9:23 is NOT a graven image... wink

That is what all idol worshipers say. laughing

peejayd
* it's not a literal cross/crucifix, dude... and i'm not a Catholic... wink

Shakyamunison
* it's not a literal cross/crucifix, dude... and i'm not a Catholic... wink

To me having a cross is like someone having a small replica of an electric chair. laughing out loud

Lord Urizen
Yeah, is there a TRUE difference ?

Both are signs of Death in many ways.

debbiejo
* none... there is no evidence of what is the real appearance of Jesus... wink

* no, there are commandments in the Bible that are obsolete... i follow the doctrines of Christ and His apostles because we are in the time of Christianity... wink

* here's an example... so let's read the 10 commandments...

"I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Thou shalt not kill.
Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Neither shalt thou steal.
Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's."
Deuteronomy 5:6-21

* now this IS the 10 commandments... and some of these were amended by Christ...

* for example: the observation of Sabbath...

"Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?"

* whilst the 10 commandment says don't do any kind of work on Sabbath, Christ says we should do good things EVEN on Sabbath...

* honoring the parents...

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."
Galatians 6:10

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."
I Peter 2:17

* Christ said through the apostles Paul & Peter, to do good and to honor ALL people, not just our parents but to ALL people...

* re: killing...

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
Matthew 5:22

* even if you don't kill a person, but just by having anger or wrath or rage in your heart against a brother in faith, it's equivalent to killing...

* re: adultery & coveting others' wives...

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."
Matthew 5:28

* the mere looking to someone with lust is equivalent of committing adultery...

* so i guess, it's enough and i've proven my point... wink

* where in the Bible can you prove that Christ allowed his followers to use graven images? do not presume something that is not proven, dude... 'coz i DON'T... wink

Show me where the Sabbath was done away with. The verse you quoted does not say it was done away with.

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
To me having a cross is like someone having a small replica of an electric chair. laughing out loud

Or a guillotine.

I conte care that its not a cricifix, its a cross. They are both graven images.

El_NINO
Or a guillotine.

I conte care that its not a cricifix, its a cross. They are both graven images.

Its to remember what Jesus did for us.

Alliance
I dont really care what your motivation is. Its valid if you want to belive so.

I'm just saying its a graven image, which is contradictory to a strict interpretation of the bible.

El_NINO
I dont really care what your motivation is. Its valid if you want to belive so.

I'm just saying its a graven image, which is contradictory to a strict interpretation of the bible.

What exactly does the bible say?

Alliance
I don't have the exact passage. Essentially it says "Thou shalt not have graven images"

Shakyamunison

El_NINO
I don't have the exact passage. Essentially it says "Thou shalt not have graven images"

laughing out loud

Websters Dictionary:
Graven
Adjective

1. Cut into a desired shape; "graven images"; "sculptured representations".

2. Cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design"; "engraved invitations".

Merriam-Webster:

Graven
1 archaic : DIG, EXCAVATE
2 a : to carve or shape with a chisel : SCULPTURE b : to carve or cut (as letters or figures) into a hard surface : ENGRAVE
3 : to impress or fix (as a thought) deeply

debbiejo
Besides the Cross is older than Christianity........It's a pagan symbol.

Lord Urizen
yes

Templares
IIRC, the cross is an Osiran symbol.

debbiejo
And Jesus life story is based on Dionysus....Osirus

Templares
Yeah. Osiris died and was raised 3 days after. Tammuz was wrapped in swaddling clothes and born in a manger. What else? Ah yes, turning water into wine like Dionysus, the god of wine and festivities. Somebody should sue this Christians laughing.

Lord Urizen
Jesus' role as savior is also parallel to Zorastrian beleifs of the savior who will rescue people from the war between Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainu.

peejayd
Show me where the Sabbath was done away with. The verse you quoted does not say it was done away with.

* the law about Sabbath was amended by Christ... in the Old Testament, people are prohibited to do ANY kind of work on Sabbath...

"Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.
Deuteronomy 5:12-15

* in the time of Christ, He preached on Sabbath... preaching is also doing something or working, that's why the Jews accused Christ for breaking the law of Sabbath...

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."
John 5:18

* but Christ retaliated that we have to do good things EVEN on Sabbath...

* Christ is the Lord of Sabbath...

"For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day."
Matthew 12:8

* and finally...

"And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:"
Mark 2:27

* okay? wink

Nellinator
Jesus did not amend the Sabbath, but rather corrected a misconception about it. Jesus made it known that glorifying God through good deeds is not work, is holy, and is therefore permissable on the Sabbath.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Nellinator
Jesus did not amend the Sabbath, but rather corrected a misconception about it. Jesus made it known that glorifying God through good deeds is not work, is holy, and is therefore permissable on the Sabbath. CORRECT!!...........Nowhere was it done away with as Jesus said himself "Not one jot or tittle will in no way pass away from the law."

All Christians should be keeping the Sabbath..

Nellinator
The only question is whether the Sabbath is a set date of the week or rather the taking of any single day during the week off to rest, glorify God, and mediate on the Word. For if it a set day of the week should it not be Saturday?

debbiejo
The Sabbath is the 7th day..........It was changed at the council of Nicea by the Roman Catholic church to bring in the pagans who worshipped on Sunday....In honor of the Sun.

Nellinator
And since the 7th day is technically Saturday, even on the Hebrew calender the Sabbath is based on, should it not be celebrated then or do you think God does not care what day of the week it occurs as long as it occurs once a week?

debbiejo
If you are a bible believer than as Jesus taught, as stated above, "The Law does not pass away"....meaning the 10 commandments still stand...and keeping the Sabbath is the 4th commandment.....

Nellinator
Ah, but I am asking what day you would you consider the Sabbath. Is it a set day or not?

debbiejo
In scripture it is always Saturday.....So, it is saturday.

Shotgun_Method
I have front row seats in Hell. :]

debbiejo
All Christians do because they ignore the 4th commandment.............damned I tell you, damned!!!.......They follow Constantine.

peejayd
Originally posted by Nellinator
Jesus did not amend the Sabbath, but rather corrected a misconception about it. Jesus made it known that glorifying God through good deeds is not work, is holy, and is therefore permissable on the Sabbath.

* Christ DID amend the law of Sabbath, as well as correcting others' misconception about it, because it prohibits the followers to do ANY kind of work... let us read...

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work , thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day."
Deuteronomy 5:12-15

* good deeds = good works... wink

"That the man of God may be perfect, fully equipped unto all good works ."
II Timothy 3:17

All Christians do because they ignore the 4th commandment.............damned I tell you, damned!!!.......They follow Constantine.

* ehem... Catholics... not Christians... wink

debbiejo
Catholic are Christians......and do you keep the 7th day holy???.......No buying, no selling, no business that day, no cooking, going out to eat, working around the house....Only worshipping god and doing good.

Alliance
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work , thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

How do we know which day is the sabbath. The original Sabbath was Saturday. Any day of the week could be th 7th day, depending on when you start. How is Sunday right.

Catholicism is part of Chirstianity.
Every crediple institution in the world says so, including protestants.
...get over it.

peejayd
* why should i? Catholicism give Christianity a bad name... why can't you swallow a simple fact? Christians base their faith in Christ's teachings... do Catholics follow it? no... Catholics are not only idol-worshippers but they also worship graven images, humans and relics... wink

* Sabbath is a day of rest... in Christ's teachings, it was further amended, not being taught as a literal day but a symbol of Christ in the hearts of Christians and believers... wink

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29

* if a person is in Christ, that person found rest in his soul... that is the Sabbath... wink

Alliance
Because you con't just lop off a group of people because you don't like them. I thing Protestants have given the church a bad aname in their won right.

You've said yourself that you have graven images and false idols.

and...i never questioned what the sabbath was, I questioned that itswas Sunday. Comprende?

debbiejo
* why should i? Catholicism give Christianity a bad name... why can't you swallow a simple fact? Christians base their faith in Christ's teachings... do Catholics follow it? no... Catholics are not only idol-worshippers but they also worship graven images, humans and relics... wink

* Sabbath is a day of rest... in Christ's teachings, it was further amended, not being taught as a literal day but a symbol of Christ in the hearts of Christians and believers... wink

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29

* if a person is in Christ, that person found rest in his soul... that is the Sabbath... wink You're twisting scripture to fit you denomination....What you quoted has nothing to do with the Sabbath the fourth commandment......If not one jot or tittle will change in the LAW....then you are breaking 2 of them....Images, and the Sabbath.......Constantine changed it to Sunday....So, you are following after the Roman Catholic church..

Alliance
and as we all know catholics aren't Christians messed no expression

debbiejo
Noooooooooo they ARE ANTICHRIST........Martin Luther said so... wink

peejayd
Because you con't just lop off a group of people because you don't like them.

* don't be personal, stick to the game, not the player... it's not that i don't like Catholics, in fact, i have many Catholic friends... but it's their doctrine i oppose, not the person... remember what i said? Christians base their faith on Christ's teachings, and Catholics don't... you can't even refute that line, kiddo... all you have to say is that "Catholics are Christians", then give a silly smiley... confused

I thing Protestants have given the church a bad aname in their won right.

* well, Protestants who claimed also to be Christians should follow Christ's teachings, well if they do not, they are not Christians themselves...

You've said yourself that you have graven images and false idols.

* a pitiful allegation... the fact that you have the audacity to say that, you really do not understand what i answered about that earlier... it's obvious, you're grasping straws...

and...i never questioned what the sabbath was, I questioned that itswas Sunday. Comprende?

* i answered, in Christ's teachings, it was not a literal day anymore... comprende?

You're twisting scripture to fit you denomination....

* typical reaction for someone who can't refute... i understand... wink

What you quoted has nothing to do with the Sabbath the fourth commandment......

* of course, it has... you just can't accept loss...

If not one jot or tittle will change in the LAW....

* what law? be specific...

"And by him every one that believeth is justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses ."
The Acts 13:39

* in the time of early Christians, the apostles preached that we could not be justified by the law of Moses...

"In that he saith, A new covenant he hath made the first old . But that which is becoming old and waxeth aged is nigh unto vanishing away."
Hebrews 8:13

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law ."
Hebrews 7:12

* the law of Moses was clearly amended and changed by Christ... example:

* the law of Moses:

"Thou shalt not kill."
Exodus 20:13

* the doctrine of Christ:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill ; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire ."
Matthew 5:21-22

then you are breaking 2 of them....Images, and the Sabbath.......

* prove it... prove that i broke the Sabbath according to Christ's doctrine... and what did i violate regarding images? Christians and even Israelites are prohibited to worship any graven images...

Constantine changed it to Sunday....

* so Catholics keep their Sabbath every Sunday... not Christians...

So, you are following after the Roman Catholic church..

* nope... it was not a literal day of rest... Christ is a person's soul's rest... i've just given you the verses... wink

debbiejo
prove it.......what do you say about what you do.
Jesus didn't do away with them......in fact he followed them .........sooooooooo who do you?
............what laws were done away with????.

Not by christians, but my Constantine..........the ruler of the Roman Catholic church........Who are you following?

peejayd
prove it.......what do you say about what you do.

* i just posted the verse... how did that twist the Scripture?

Jesus didn't do away with them......in fact he followed them .........sooooooooo who do you?

* Christ clearly broke the law of Sabbath...

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath , but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."
John 5:18

............what laws were done away with????.

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."
Hebrews 7:12

"And by him every one that believeth is justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."
The Acts 13:39

* the law of Moses... it's clearly stated...

Not by christians, but my Constantine..........the ruler of the Roman Catholic church........Who are you following?

* Christ's teachings... not Catholicism... wink

Lord Urizen
I got aroused by Christ once. Peejayd, how is this possible ?

peejayd
laughing

debbiejo
Got.........We need finti!!

You are indocternated soooooooo deep, you can't even talk in you own words.

peejayd
* that's it? you want to take mr.urizen's post seriously? then go, i give you the honor of answering it... laughing

Lord Urizen
LOLOLOLOLOL

Peejayd !!!!! I AM DEAD SERIOUS !!!!

How is that even posssible ????

debbiejo
confused laughing out loud laughing out loud

Alliance
Jesus was so slender, toned, had those dreamy eyes....so WHITE.

How could any man resist?

"Lead us not into temptation"

God is cruel.

peejayd
LOLOLOLOLOL

Peejayd !!!!! I AM DEAD SERIOUS !!!!

How is that even posssible ????

* laughing okay, so... let's see... as far as i know, there is no Biblical or historical account about what really is the physical appearance of Jesus... so maybe you are aroused to the actor portraying as Jesus, but he's a male, and you're also a male so... laughing anyways...

"But each man is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed."
James 1:14

* Saint James' advice:

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when he hath been approved, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to them that love him."
James 1:12

* thanks for loosening up the discussion, dude! you cracked me up... laughing

Alliance
Dude. He's serious. Really.

debbiejo
Yes yes he is!!

laughing out loud

And then he throws you into the Sun to burn forever!

Alliance
Once again prooving religoin is hypocrtical.

If it was real, Jesus' eyes would have been moldy and he would have been a leper. THEN those that followed him would be true followers.

Not kids like Urizen just looking for a hot date stick out tongue

debbiejo
He's after you now, cause he thinks biologists are sexy!!

Arachnoidfreak
I think debbiejo is the anti-christ and she's just fooling the shit out of everyone.

debbiejo
I AM.............whoooo that was blasphemy......

Alliance

I know. big grin

Regret

You mean biologists aren't the anti-christ? eek!

wink

debbiejo
evil face

Must be.....The devil must like micro stuff....

Eis
Originally posted by Regret

wink
Wait are you suggesting the earth ISN'T the center of the universe? Blasphemy!!1

Alliance
Originally posted by Regret

wink

ermm...uhh...SURPRISE!

evil face

Must be.....The devil must like micro stuff....

Yeah...god was never really one for...how do you say...details?
Originally posted by Eis
Wait are you suggesting the earth ISN'T the center of the universe? Blasphemy!!1
Thats not my field, but the research is pretty clear...

Marx is a party ANIMAL! laughing out loud Great Sig.

Eis
Keep that attitude up and you'll be Satan's sex boy toy soon enough..

lol thanks.

Alliance
Originally posted by Eis
Keep that attitude up and you'll be Satan's sex boy toy soon enough..

laughing Many would claim I already am...

I wonder if Satan know I only top messed no expression

Eis
laughing Many would claim I already am...

I wonder if Satan know I only top messed no expression
I don't think he'd care. no expression

debbiejo
I'm not even gonna ask what that meant... sad

Alliance
you dont need to, you already know.

debbiejo
Well, I'm not really sure.......It could be taken 2 ways, but that's ok......never mind...

AbyssNL
Well to be the Antichrist you must be corrupt for sure, however when you reach the point of being against christ and you lost all reason, in a desperate state of despair (which comes after terror) I would call you a Antichrist. However, the point is that how can you be against Christ when its the same as the Antichrist, that would be like being against yourself. I might be the only one in this but I dont see Christ as the Christians claim it to be a good spirit. It must be balanced to teach such things for it is only a teacher or perhaps a messenger. I believe when all have left you, in the state of utter darkness, you are more than corrupt, being against everything and finally only the Self must be left. I dont think humans can reach this point, but through pain and loneliness you might come very close...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.