Ryu vs wong fei hung

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue nocturne
Ryu (sf)

Blue nocturne
Wong fei hung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLihWL4Rxic&search=huang%20fei

He's the one in the dark robe:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bsE1wsKg57I&search=heroes%20among%20heroes

Blue nocturne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Fei_Hung

Blue nocturne
No thoughts on this?

1021kid
ryu

jinzin
ryu..easily...

Sub-Zero_Master
wong fei hung wins over ryu easy his fighting style is more unpredictable and faster!!!!!

jinzin
Originally posted by Sub-Zero_Master
wong fei hung wins over ryu easy his fighting style is more unpredictable and faster!!!!!

whao.. dude you should join my KMC cyber ninja group..

jinzin
Originally posted by Sub-Zero_Master
wong fei hung wins over ryu easy his fighting style is more unpredictable and faster!!!!! but no way in hell he's faster than ryu.. ryu can slip through bullets like they're not even there.. plus ryu and all other sf fighters hit with superhuman force and his chi attacks and chi amping pretty much give him range while wong's stuck with h2h.

shin_remy
Ryu

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by jinzin
but no way in hell he's faster than ryu.. ryu can slip through bullets like they're not even there.. plus ryu and all other sf fighters hit with superhuman force and his chi attacks and chi amping pretty much give him range while wong's stuck with h2h.

Wong fei hung knocked bullets out the air with his manchu robe.
And no one hits with superman force in sf are you crazy.
also projectiles mean nothing gen had no projectiles yet he manage to stalemate gouki.

shin_remy
soo

even then it is Ryu

expierence

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by shin_remy
soo

even then it is Ryu

expierence

wong fei hung is a master, he has way more experience.

shin_remy
proof ?

Blue nocturne
proof ?

I just posted his history, but here's more.

http://www.hungkuen.net/masters-wongfeihung.htm

shin_remy
still ryu

Ryu hit harder and besides he has fought people that were way more powerfull then himself and survived it. Ryu has more strenght and has fought harder batles

Blue nocturne
still ryu

Ryu hit harder and besides he has fought people that were way more powerfull then himself and survived it. Ryu has more strenght and has fought harder batles

He hits harder, how do you know that when has his punching force been measured.

He's been in harder fights, Wong fei hung hardly loses.

I say wong fei hung wins 8/10

shin_remy
yeah cause he fights against weaker people

why are you the only one who thinks that he can win ?

Blue nocturne
yeah cause he fights against weaker people

why are you the only one who thinks that he can win ?

He fights weaker people? did you click that lnk I should you where he fought beggar so?

And sub zero master just agreed with me.

shin_remy
yeah i have read the link

ok it is your opinion

Blue nocturne
yeah i have read the link

ok it is your opinion

Man your a sf fanboy sad

jinzin
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
And no one hits with superman force in sf are you crazy..

yup... you know jack shit about street fighters.

balrog has demolished a car with one blow.
chun li kicked a guy so hard he was embedded in concrete
she's kicked vega through 7 inches of brick wall with metal rebarb in it.
she's kicked tanks into shrapnel pieces.
sagat and ryu made craters in brick walls and rocks while fighting. eachother with their brute fore alone.

yes they punch very much with superhuman force.. wong fei hung has absolutely no chance of winning this unless ryu completely drops his ki and chi amped attacks...

p.s. ryu's held up a 10 ton boulder while in horse stance and did it indefinitely
he's very much in the superhuman range.

Blue nocturne

sagat and ryu made craters in brick walls and rocks while fighting. eachother with their brute fore alone.

yes they punch very much with superhuman force.. wong fei hung has absolutely no chance of winning this unless ryu completely drops his ki and chi amped attacks...

p.s. ryu's held up a 10 ton boulder while in horse stance and did it indefinitely

Gen hasn't any of this and he's top tier,so what's your point?

jinzin
Gen hasn't any of this and he's top tier,so what's your point?

What the f**k?

what the hell do you mean what's my point?
my point is that you said no one in sf hits with superhuman force.. you're obviously dead wrong... and bringing up the fact that gen hasn't done this doesn't disprove me point.. you were wrong.. face it.. you didn't know what the hell you were talking about and you got called out on it.. that's what my damned point is..

as for gen, his martial arts technique emphasis internal chi not ki.. so the fact that he hasn't done this is irralevant because 1) that's not the strength of his style and 2) ryu HAS done it...

Darkstorm Zero
What the f**k?

my point is that you said no one in sf hits with superhuman force.. you're obviously dead wrong... and bringing up the fact that gen hasn't done this doesn't disprove me point.. you were wrong.. face it.. you didn't know what the hell you were talking about and you got called out on it.. that's what my damned point is..

as for gen, his martial arts technique emphasis internal chi not ki.. so the fact that he hasn't done this is irralevant because 1) that's not the strength of his style and 2) ryu HAS done it...

I think Blue nocturne you just got spam_laser

shin_remy

well said laughing Happy Dance

Blue nocturne
What the f**k?

I miss read, I thought you said "Superman" force my bad.
Anyway so does wong fei hung.

Actually chi and ki are the same, ki is what japanese call chi so yeah...

wether gen uses internal or external ki was never disclosed by capcom, and wong fei hung uses internal ki also, you haven't proved why ryu wins anyway

Blue nocturne
It seems gen uses a combination of both.

jinzin
I miss read, I thought you said "Superman" force my bad.
Anyway so does wong fei hung.

prove it... I've never seen wong fei hung do ANYTHING close to what the SF cast is capible of doing.. but you think you can name an example go for it.. I've seen every once upon a time in china and I've yet to see that.. hell i'll even let you use drunken master- wong fei hung if you'd like... or hell i'll even let you use feats from the iron monkey version too... pick whatever you choose...

Actually chi and ki are the same, ki is what japanese call chi so yeah...

good thing for my argument w don't live in japan..

no they're not the same thing..

in U.S. translation of energy and how it's used by many martial artists.... Ki is very clearly indicated to be an outward physical manifestation of an attack that is created through the use of focusing and honing on the internal shackras of the spirits energy or chi...

ki an attack created by chi..

you need chi to make a ki attack...

whether gen uses internal or external ki was never disclosed by capcom,
it's self evident.. he uses a crane style which cripples the internals of those he fights instead of brute force...

and wong fei hung uses internal ki also, you haven't proved why ryu wins anyway again.. prove it...
when he had to fight iron robe he almost crapped his from that guy's durability.. a durability which is damn near common place with street fighters.. I.e. bison.

and yeah i did prove it already.. read the damned thread..

ryu is superhuman.. wong fei hung isn't...
ryu can level a building.... wong fei hung can't....
ryu has range... hung doesn't...
ryu can amp himself with enhanced chi levels.. hung's never shown the ability....

hung's good but against ryu he's a throwrug,
you need to prove how hung can win this.. I mean ryu's abilities are self evident.. hung's aren't... but please i encourage you to explain....

Blue nocturne
prove it... I've never seen wong fei hung do ANYTHING close to what the SF cast is capible of doing.. but you think you can name an example go for it.. I've seen every once upon a time in china and I've yet to see that.. hell i'll even let you use drunken master- wong fei hung if you'd like... or hell i'll even let you use feats from the iron monkey version too... pick whatever you choose...

Once upon a time in china and america: Wong fei hung knocks bullets out the air with his robe.

Once upon a time in china: pulls a pole with one hand that 4 soldiers
brace with both hands, breaks a bamboo ladder with his legg.

Once upon a time in china 2 : Breaks a wall with a bamboo stick.

etc...

good thing for my argument w don't live in japan..

no they're not the same thing..

in U.S. translation of energy and how it's used by many martial artists.... Ki is very clearly indicated to be an outward physical manifestation of an attack that is created through the use of focusing and honing on the internal shackras of the spirits energy or chi...

ki an attack created by chi..

you need chi to make a ki attack...

Wrong, chi is the same as ki look it up.

it's self evident.. he uses a crane style which cripples the internals of those he fights instead of brute force...

again.. prove it...
when he had to fight iron robe he almost crapped his from that guy's durability.. a durability which is damn near common place with street fighters.. I.e. bison.

and yeah i did prove it already.. read the damned thread..

ryu is superhuman.. wong fei hung isn't...
ryu can level a building.... wong fei hung can't....
ryu has range... hung doesn't...
ryu can amp himself with enhanced chi levels.. hung's never shown the ability....

hung's good but against ryu he's a throwrug,
you need to prove how hung can win this.. I mean ryu's abilities are self evident.. hung's aren't... but please i encourage you to explain....

That's why he broke kungs iron robe in once upon a time in china 2 with ease right, anyway lifting ability doesn't mean crap. It's the skill that counts.Gen has less feats then alot of sf and he's top tier so your feats are moot.

Blue nocturne
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/190

Heres the definition.

ki and chi (Qi) is air or energy samething.

jinzin
Once upon a time in china and america: Wong fei hung knocks bullets out the air with his robe.

Once upon a time in china: pulls a pole with one hand that 4 soldiers
brace with both hands, breaks a bamboo ladder with his legg.

Once upon a time in china 2 : Breaks a wall with a bamboo stick.

etc...

embedding badbuys in concrete craters>>>>>>>>>>>bambo ladders.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyfeats where he's using weapons are irrelavent....

donotello can break metal robots with his staff.. that doesn't mean he can punch through them...

Wrong, chi is the same as ki look it up.

why would I look it up? i've been studying it for 10 years.. not the same..

That's why he broke kungs iron robe in once upon a time in china 2 with ease right, anyway lifting ability doesn't mean crap. It's the skill that counts.Gen has less feats then alot of sf and he's top tier so your feats are moot. first off it wasn't with ease and second it was after a lot of running away on his part...

feats are not moot... hung needs feats to support a thesis for winning this.. you stil haven't explain how he has a chance here.. I'm still waiting.

Blue nocturne
embedding badbuys in concrete craters>>>>>>>>>>>bambo ladders.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyfeats where he's using weapons are irrelavent....

donotello can break metal robots with his staff.. that doesn't mean he can punch through them...

That's still an impressive feat

why would I look it up? i've been studying it for 10 years.. not the same..

Then you don't know what you're talking about. Chi is not a Japanese word, it never was and it never will be. So how is chi a result of applying ki if the word chi is not in the Japanese vocabulary? Jing is a result of the application of Chi. Hit the books, kid.

first off it wasn't with ease and second it was after a lot of running away on his part...

feats are not moot... hung needs feats to support a thesis for winning this.. you stil haven't explain how he has a chance here.. I'm still waiting.

The feats are moot because Gen doesn't perform that much feats and he's top tier. He wins because he outskills Ryu because he is a MASTER and Ryu IS NOT.

Hoshi
firstly , the "ki " for japanese people has a definition , the chi for the chinese people has other definition .The japanese ones see the "ki " as the power that exists in all beings of the universe and stuff like that , the chi is the internal power and etc. I dont have idea why some guys says they are the same thing .
Ryu has trained since he was a child just like wong , and ryu IS indeed a master , although ryu doesnt consider himself a master because he is a modest person(as any true master in my opnion) .
Ryus ansatsuken style can hurt not only the enemies body , it can also hurt the mind and soul , and has a destructive power able to melt steel if used correctly. Wong was able to train with different persons while he was travelling with his father , but so did ryu , the only difference is that wong trained almost ony in china if i remeber correctly , that mean he has only fought against china fighters and some from the america .Ryu has fough guys from all over the worl , and they were no pushouver , I can even say ryu fought the champions of most of the martial arts from the worls.
Boxe champion: balrog(mike bison in japanese) , killed an elephant with one punch destroyed heavy tanks with one or two punchs.
Kung Fu champion: fei long, chun lee, gen , etc.Gen could hit a guy 13 times and the poor one would only be able to noticed it some seconds after.
Other ansatsuken fighter: ken masters, gouki , gen .
speed:ryu dodged bullets as they were in slow motion .
Power: the guy is destroying a mountain !!!!
tech:ansatsuken , a hell powerfull style
exp: fought since he was a small kid , trained his whole life with his master , and after that he trained with champions from all over the world .

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Hoshi
firstly , the "ki " for japanese people has a definition , the chi for the chinese people has other definition .The japanese ones see the "ki " as the power that exists in all beings of the universe and stuff like that , the chi is the internal power and etc. I dont have idea why some guys says they are the same thing .
Ryu has trained since he was a child just like wong , and ryu IS indeed a master , although ryu doesnt consider himself a master because he is a modest person(as any true master in my opnion) .
Ryus ansatsuken style can hurt not only the enemies body , it can also hurt the mind and soul , and has a destructive power able to melt steel if used correctly. Wong was able to train with different persons while he was travelling with his father , but so did ryu , the only difference is that wong trained almost ony in china if i remeber correctly , that mean he has only fought against china fighters and some from the america .Ryu has fough guys from all over the worl , and they were no pushouver , I can even say ryu fought the champions of most of the martial arts from the worls.
Boxe champion: balrog(mike bison in japanese) , killed an elephant with one punch destroyed heavy tanks with one or two punchs.
Kung Fu champion: fei long, chun lee, gen , etc.Gen could hit a guy 13 times and the poor one would only be able to noticed it some seconds after.
Other ansatsuken fighter: ken masters, gouki , gen .
speed:ryu dodged bullets as they were in slow motion .
Power: the guy is destroying a mountain !!!!
tech:ansatsuken , a hell powerfull style
exp: fought since he was a small kid , trained his whole life with his master , and after that he trained with champions from all over the world .

No chi has the same definition as ki

Qi/Ki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi

Hoshi
as I said before , some think it is , and maybe it is , but chi is a chinese word , and ki is a japanese one , but they see it from other ways .Lets say that a japanese guy think chi is the same as ki, and a chinese one think that ki is the same as chi , but their opnion about it is different.

Blue nocturne
as I said before , some think it is , and maybe it is , but chi is a chinese word , and ki is a japanese one , but they see it from other ways .Lets say that a japanese guy think chi is the same as ki, and a chinese one think that ki is the same as chi , but their opnion about it is different.

Well I'm not quoting opinions, ki is the same as chi, you said they are different because chi is only internal energy. but in actuality it's believed to exsist inside all things, they are the same just different name.

Hoshi

Blue nocturne

Hoshi
gen is the same class of ryu , not above , the only ones above ryu are: shin akuma , oro, gill . But remember gen just like ryu fought his entire life(he is very old ) against people from all over the world , the only difference between ryu and gen is that ryu fought just to improve himself , while gen fought to kill his opponent by pleasure.
Remember also that gens true power is destroying the internal not the body . He can kill a person today and the person will day a week later (yeah, it is strange !!) .

Blue nocturne
gen is the same class of ryu , not above , the only ones above ryu are: shin akuma , oro, gill . But remember gen just like ryu fought his entire life(he is very old ) against people from all over the world , the only difference between ryu and gen is that ryu fought just to improve himself , while gen fought to kill his opponent by pleasure.
Remember also that gens true power is destroying the internal not the body . He can kill a person today and the person will day a week later (yeah, it is strange !!) .

Gen has never fought people all over the world and he's above ryu the only time he's the same as ryu is by thrid strike but he's dead by that time. and internal ki is an aspect of hung gar.

Hoshi
Gen has never fought people all over the world and he's above ryu the only time he's the same as ryu is by thrid strike but he's dead by that time. and internal ki is an aspect of hung gar.

i can assure that you are wrong this time my friend . Gen is/was the most famous and most dangerous killer of the world , he killed many guys from all over the world , some because they wanted to challenge gen and some because gen was paid to it. Gen is said to be the same class as ryu since sf 2 alpha .

Blue nocturne
i can assure that you are wrong this time my friend . Gen is/was the most famous and most dangerous killer of the world , he killed many guys from all over the world , some because they wanted to challenge gen and some because gen was paid to it. Gen is said to be the same class as ryu since sf 2 alpha .

Please show me where it says gen is a worldwide assassin, I know he is an assassin but where does it say world wide?

Hoshi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen

unfortunatelly this doesnt make it very clear, but until tomorrow i will bring more consistent proof. But at least say he looked all over the world for a worthy opponent , and entered the tournament to find worthy opponent .

Blue nocturne
I says he entered the world warrior tournament, it doesn't mention him travelling the world.

Hoshi
the world warrior tournament is the biggest martial arts tournament of the world where only the strongest are called. There are people from all over the world there , different people different styles.

Blue nocturne
the world warrior tournament is the biggest martial arts tournament of the world where only the strongest are called. There are people from all over the world there , different people different styles.

The strongest, I'm suprised ryu was able to go since he was weak throughout alpha and street fighter 1

Hoshi
The strongest, I'm suprised ryu was able to go since he was weak throughout alpha and street fighter 1

weak?I dont think so , ryu was very strong even in the first tournament , strong enough to take sagat the muay thai emperor.

Blue nocturne
weak?I dont think so , ryu was very strong even in the first tournament , strong enough to take sagat the muay thai emperor.

Um, that was evil ryu that beat him, regular ryu got thrashed.

Hoshi
wrong, the shoryuken that defeated sagat woken up the latent evil power that lied insede ryus body , but it was for a brief moment , the entire fight was a close one

Blue nocturne
wrong, the shoryuken that defeated sagat woken up the latent evil power that lied insede ryus body , but it was for a brief moment , the entire fight was a close one

Sorry but your wrong, ryu was getting thrashed until satsu no hadou took over and he perfromed a metsu shoryuken, it was not close at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagat#Story

Hoshi
I know even I get some information about wikpedia because it is the easy way, but wikpedia is not very ...official , even i can write something like: ryu defeated jesus in a staredown match.If we go by the something more official than wikpedia we can see ryus fight was close . In the books it was close,in the comics books it was close, in the movie it was close , etc

Blue nocturne
Here then

Official plot guide:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

If the link doesn't work just go to any street fighter ga,e on gamefars and look up plot guide.

Comic books and movies are not canon.

Hoshi
gamefaqs is a website where most of it are made by readers , even the walkthough are readers made .That is why they say to contact them if any of the facts are wrong

Hoshi
i know they arent canon , but at least they were all capcom made

jinzin
That's still an impressive feat
impressive? sure... useable? no... as impressive as SF feats? HELL NO....

Then you don't know what you're talking about. Chi is not a Japanese word,

did I say it was? confused

yeah I do know what I'm talking about though... they're completely different ideas

So how is chi a result of applying ki if the word chi is not in the Japanese vocabulary?

because it's not the words that are the important thing.. it's the ideas the words represent.... I figured by using both those terms you would inhenrently know the difference instead of just reading some halfassed explanation on the internet....

Jing is a result of the application of Chi. Hit the books, kid.

actually chi can be used for the application of many different techniques...

and why would I hit the books? I'm a practitioner of both traditional chinese fighting arts as well as japanese.... books are for people who want to learn about MA theory.. which is about as useful as insurance theory when used in application....

but hey in a world where people can get 2 year memberships at karate school's to become blackbelts I guess I can't blame you for your american ignorance.... kid... pfffft... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The feats are moot because Gen doesn't perform that much feats and he's top tier.

for one... we don't see gen perform "much feats" so it's hard to guage what he can and can't do...

for two.. chun li as regarded gen as being unbelievably skilled on a level that even surpasses her own...

for three his manipulation of chi is specifically designed to bypass the durability etc etc of other SF members...
he can use ki attacks but those are not the strengths of his style...

He wins because he outskills Ryu because he is a MASTER and Ryu IS NOT. and he has enough control over chi to make dalsim admit his inferiority... as well as defeat akuma....

so again.... EXPLAIN how wong fei hung wins this...... so far all you've done is make ambiguous comparisons of him to gen and you can't realistically do that... there's really nothing to compare except that they both know martial arts.. and you've still failed to tell me how he's going to survive this much less beat ryu....

Blue nocturne
i know they arent canon , but at least they were all capcom made

No, the comics are not made by capcom and the plot guide is based on official source books released by capcom.

Hoshi
well , at least the comics have the capcom seal and are on capcoms official website ,and so is the books I have read

Blue nocturne
impressive? sure... useable? no... as impressive as SF feats? HELL NO....

And I told you there are characters that do less impressive feats and are high tiered vega, gen, etc... so that point is moot.

did I say it was? confused

In what language is ki the result of the application of chi then, cause you said that.

yeah I do know what I'm talking about though... they're completely different ideas

because it's not the words that are the important thing.. it's the ideas the words represent.... I figured by using both those terms you would inhenrently know the difference instead of just reading some halfassed explanation on the internet....

They are the same thing you have no proof there not the same thing.

and why would I hit the books? I'm a practitioner of both traditional chinese fighting arts as well as japanese.... books are for people who want to learn about MA theory.. which is about as useful as insurance theory when used in application....

but hey in a world where people can get 2 year memberships at karate school's to become blackbelts I guess I can't blame you for your american ignorance.... kid... pfffft... roll eyes (sarcastic)

You need to hit the books because you don't know what your talking about, Qi is more then a chinese MA term it reffers to traditional chinese medicine and philosophy just because you know chinese MA doesn't mean you understand Qi, hit the books like I said.

for one... we don't see gen perform "much feats" so it's hard to guage what he can and can't do...

Then stop using feats in this match, they are not that important to guage sfers.

for three his manipulation of chi is specifically designed to bypass the durability etc etc of other SF members...
he can use ki attacks but those are not the strengths of his style...

and he has enough control over chi to make dalsim admit his inferiority... as well as defeat akuma....

Gen never beat gouki or fought dhalsim officially, and wong fei hung knows an internal art too.

so again.... EXPLAIN how wong fei hung wins this...... so far all you've done is make ambiguous comparisons of him to gen and you can't realistically do that... there's really nothing to compare except that they both know martial arts.. and you've still failed to tell me how he's going to survive this much less beat ryu....

He's more skilled, I compare him to gen because wong has descent feats like gen yet is high tiered.

Blue nocturne
well , at least the comics have the capcom seal and are on capcoms official website ,and so is the books I have read

It doesn't mean nothing, they are not official.

jinzin
And I told you there are characters that do less impressive feats and are high tiered vega, gen, etc... so that point is moot.
gen being able to toe to toe with akuma IS an impressive feat...
vega is higher tier.. he's not top tier... against an all out ryu however vega's toast.. just like wong.

In what language is ki the result of the application of chi then, cause you said that.
it's the ideas that matter not where they came from.. confused

They are the same thing you have no proof there not the same thing. no they're not... hoshi actually did a great job of explaining the differences between them... ki when harnessed is more physically potent than chi.

You need to hit the books because you don't know what your talking about, Qi is more then a chinese MA term it reffers to traditional chinese medicine and philosophy just because you know chinese MA doesn't mean you understand Qi, hit the books like I said.
and like I said, I don't need to hit the books because i'm a practitioner... all you're doing here is throwing out red herrings and fillibustering because you can't come to grips with the fact that the ideas are important here.. not where they came from, or the fact that you don'r have one suitable argument how wong will win this....

Then stop using feats in this match, they are not that important to guage sfers.
sure they... cause they're all we've got when comparing them to non sfers...

Gen never beat gouki or fought dhalsim officially, and wong fei hung knows an internal art too.
ok officially no... but a version o him has.. officially he did put up a great fight against akuma in a weakened state though.....
wong fei hung isn't on gen's level you have nothing to prove that he is.

He's more skilled, I compare him to gen because wong has descent feats like gen yet is high tiered. he's incomparible....

Blue nocturne
gen being able to toe to toe with akuma IS an impressive feat...
vega is higher tier.. he's not top tier... against an all out ryu however vega's toast.. just like wong.

Depends what game your talking about, vega would give ryu problems in alpha but in third strike no way, and like I said gen has less impressive feats than gouki but is able to give him a fight. so a persons feats doesn't equal his fighting ability

it's the ideas that matter not where they came from.. confused

And the idea is the same, ki/Qi is a universal energy they're the same.

no they're not... hoshi actually did a great job of explaining the differences between them... ki when harnessed is more physically potent than chi.

They are the same you have offered no proof that they aren't, you seem to think that because you do MA you understand Qi, well your wrong they're the same live with it.

and like I said, I don't need to hit the books because i'm a practitioner... all you're doing here is throwing out red herrings and fillibustering because you can't come to grips with the fact that the ideas are important here.. not where they came from, or the fact that you don'r have one suitable argument how wong will win this....

And like I said Qi is a concept that isn't restricted to MA, It exsist within traditional chinese medicine, Meditation, and Philosophy. You rely ton feats too prove your argument, but as I said feats aren't too helpful in SF.

ok officially no... but a version o him has.. officially he did put up a great fight against akuma in a weakened state though.....
wong fei hung isn't on gen's level you have nothing to prove that he is.

he's incomparible....

what proof do you have that wong isn't on gens level, his skill speaks for himself.

RogerRamjet
Donnie Yen, you maggots!! mad

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
Donnie Yen, you maggots!! mad

What about him.

Hoshi
Depends what game your talking about, vega would give ryu problems in alpha but in third strike no way, and like I said gen has less impressive feats than gouki but is able to give him a fight. so a persons feats doesn't equal his fighting ability

They are the same you have offered no proof that they aren't, you seem to think that because you do MA you understand Qi, well your wrong they're the same live with it.

look , when i was in japan training my karate my teacher used to say that ki/chi are different words that mean the same , but he also said that if you ask to a kung fu sensei about the ki/chi tehy will say something very different . China hates japan and japan hates china , that is a fact since the second world war , their points of view of "hero" is different as well , as you can see almost all of chinese kungfu movies the strongest ones always are able to walk on the river (light foot is the name of this tech in my country ...Brazil) , super human strengh and agility , able to use weapons to increase a lot their own capacity , etc . The japanese heros usually use the ki/chi the way ryu,goku,kyo kusanagi,terry bogardy uses .

but that wont matter in this fight anyway . For what I have seen of wongs skills he maybe almost on the same level as gen , but ryu would win if he is fighting serious(i dont mean evil ryu) .

And like I said Qi is a concept that isn't restricted to MA, It exsist within traditional chinese medicine, Meditation, and Philosophy. You rely ton feats too prove your argument, but as I said feats aren't too helpful in SF.

what proof do you have that wong isn't on gens level, his skill speaks for himself.

RogerRamjet
What about him.

he's better than Ryu an' Wong Fei Hung alltogether... smokin'

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
he's better than Ryu an' Wong Fei Hung alltogether... smokin'

That's why he lost to wong in Once Upon a Time In China 2 laughing

Hoshi

wtf sick

Blue nocturne
wtf sick

Here:

part1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OxgYejjg2pw&search=once%20upon%20a%20time%20in%20china

part2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rySPg3GIVms&search=donnie%20yen

Hoshi
ah ! I though you were saying that gen was defeated by wong

Hoshi
look , when i was in japan training my karate my teacher used to say that ki/chi are different words that mean the same , but he also said that if you ask to a kung fu sensei about the ki/chi tehy will say something very different . China hates japan and japan hates china , that is a fact since the second world war , their points of view of "hero" is different as well , as you can see almost all of chinese kungfu movies the strongest ones always are able to walk on the river (light foot is the name of this tech in my country ...Brazil) , super human strengh and agility , able to use weapons to increase a lot their own capacity , etc . The japanese heros usually use the ki/chi the way ryu,goku,kyo kusanagi,terry bogardy uses .

but that wont matter in this fight anyway . For what I have seen of wongs skills he maybe almost on the same level as gen , but ryu would win if he is fighting serious(i dont mean evil ryu) .

i posted this but in the wrong form, so i am posting it again

Blue nocturne
ah ! I though you were saying that gen was defeated by wong

Wong Fei Hung is the most famous Gung fu master of china, he could considerd one of the best southern chinese MA, He's really good.I think he can beat Gen too.

Your limiting Ki to a martial arts term that isn't true, when prince Shotoku left japan began to borrow chinese ideas during the tang dynasty, japanese began to take many chinese concepts from philosophy to cuisine,martial arts, etc... the concept of Qi was cultural diffused as well. Qi is not limited to MA. it apply's to many things. Yang-Qi reffers to the vital energy of the heavens Ying-Qi to the vital energy of the earth, it's an energy that exsist in everything.

RogerRamjet

he lost because the script told em to... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hoshi
no , he cant , at least in my opnion. Gen is the world most famous assasin as you already know, and he can be considered one of the best MA of the world.

Hoshi
Wong Fei Hung is the most famous Gung fu master of china, he could considerd one of the best southern chinese MA, He's really good.I think he can beat Gen too.

Your limiting Ki to a martial arts term that isn't true, when prince Shotoku left japan began to borrow chinese ideas during the tang dynasty, japanese began to take many chinese concepts from philosophy to cuisine,martial arts, etc... the concept of Qi was cultural diffused as well. Qi is not limited to MA. it apply's to many things.

that is true , but the ki/chi we are using here are the ones linked to martial arts

Blue nocturne
that is true , but the ki/chi we are using here are the ones linked to martial arts

Ki/Qi is linked to everything, MA just manipulate it for fighting.

no , he cant , at least in my opnion. Gen is the world most famous assasin as you already know, and he can be considered one of the best MA of the world.

No he's not the best MA in the world, and no where does it say he's a world class assassin

Hoshi
but the chinese ones and the japanese ones manipulates it in different ways .
Ryu 1 way
wong 2 way

Blue nocturne
but the chinese ones and the japanese ones manipulates it in different ways .
Ryu 1 way
wong 2 way

It depends on the art

an art like karate uses ki/QI externaly while something like Xing yi Would be an internal art. wong uses both since his style is both external and internal sorta like Goju-Ryu.

Hoshi
i never said he was the best , i said he can be considered and that is true

Hoshi
in fact ryu uses it internal and external too , the only difference is that he also know how to use the enviroments ki to help him ,

Blue nocturne
i never said he was the best , i said he can be considered and that is true

Well yeah I guess, gen is ranked high because of his skill he's one of the few masters in sf along with oro and gouki. Wong is a master too and is very skilled so yeah...

Hoshi
in fact the great majority of sf can be considered masters , but there are some that are undisciplined and there are others that doesnt consider themselves masters , but in fact they are masters .As sun tzu said , "a true master dies not knowing it"

Hoshi
i cant post anymore , i am going t o finish my job , see you tomorrow

jinzin
again what gen can and can't do with his power is yet to be determined through feats.. just because capcom has not displayed such feats does not mean they don't exist.. and untill they do you can't impose the same limitations on him that wong has...

and we use current version's of the characters unless otherwise stated.....

no
they may have the same general background but hoshi did an excellent job of explaining the difference.. Ki is pretty well accepted to be more physically potent than chi.

They are the same you have offered no proof that they aren't, you seem to think that because you do MA you understand Qi, well your wrong they're the same live with it. because I haven't pulled up some halfass webpage that says so... again.. why would I need to, most traditional aspects of both chinese and japanese styles has been lost in america.. thankfully I'm not affiliated with groups like that.

I don't recall saying chi is restricted to MA you're strawmanning like crazy here....

feats are NECESSARY to debate characters that have never met up before...
other wise there's no point in debating this since what we know has happened doesn't count for anything...

what proof do you have that wong isn't on gens level, his skill speaks for himself. the fact that akuma would kill wong in about 20 seconds, but gen was able to give him a good run for his money while sick pretty much "speaks for itself".

you need to still prove numerous things...

how is wong going to deal with a superhuman punch from ryu?
how will he deal with ryu's hadoken?
how will he bypass ryu's chi amping in durability?
how will he deal with ryu should ryu decide to use a warp?
how would he deal with bypassing ryu's ability to lock onto chi before you can even get close enough to hit him while moving at warping speeds?

Blue nocturne
again what gen can and can't do with his power is yet to be determined through feats.. just because capcom has not displayed such feats does not mean they don't exist.. and untill they do you can't impose the same limitations on him that wong has...

I can until evidence to the contrary is presented.

no
they may have the same general background but hoshi did an excellent job of explaining the difference.. Ki is pretty well accepted to be more physically potent than chi.

You have offered zero proof to back this claim up.

because I haven't pulled up some halfass webpage that says so... again.. why would I need to, most traditional aspects of both chinese and japanese styles has been lost in america.. thankfully I'm not affiliated with groups like that.

Then offer proof to the contrary,prove Qi/Ki are different.

I don't recall saying chi is restricted to MA you're strawmanning like crazy here....

feats are NECESSARY to debate characters that have never met up before...
other wise there's no point in debating this since what we know has happened doesn't count for anything...

the fact that akuma would kill wong in about 20 seconds, but gen was able to give him a good run for his money while sick pretty much "speaks for itself".

How does it speak for itself,wong never fought gouki so how does it speak for itself? All of wongs feats are similar to gen yet he's on a way ower level to you that's Bs. and again prove ki is more physical than Qi. your post sound like pure "bullshido".

you need to still prove numerous things...

how is wong going to deal with a superhuman punch from ryu?
how will he deal with ryu's hadoken?
how will he bypass ryu's chi amping in durability?
how will he deal with ryu should ryu decide to use a warp?
how would he deal with bypassing ryu's ability to lock onto chi before you can even get close enough to hit him while moving at warping speeds?

The same way gen did with gouki, while having less feats.

Darkstorm Zero
This is all been blown out like crazy, I firmly beleive that Ryu would win this fight, Hung is a great fighter, don't get me wrong, he'd pose a good threat no question, but he can't win in the end. Ryu has displayed faster speeds AND reaction times, displayed far greater feats of strength, and the ability to project his Ki (the infamous Hadouken and all of Ryu's different versions of the move).

Wong has no defence against Ryu's specials and super arts... Wong's good, but in the end, he's still an ordinary man, Ryu's trancended quite a few human limitations.

And before we go back to the comparisons with Gen being like Wong Fei Hung, let me point out a Gen feat nobody else has performed, Gen emptied his spirit to avoid being killed by the Shun Goku Satsu.

jinzin
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
This is all been blown out like crazy, I firmly beleive that Ryu would win this fight, Hung is a great fighter, don't get me wrong, he'd pose a good threat no question, but he can't win in the end. Ryu has displayed faster speeds AND reaction times, displayed far greater feats of strength, and the ability to project his Ki (the infamous Hadouken and all of Ryu's different versions of the move).

Wong has no defence against Ryu's specials and super arts... Wong's good, but in the end, he's still an ordinary man, Ryu's trancended quite a few human limitations.

And before we go back to the comparisons with Gen being like Wong Fei Hung, let me point out a Gen feat nobody else has performed, Gen emptied his spirit to avoid being killed by the Shun Goku Satsu.

yes

punk

well there's really not much need for me to continue everyone can see who wins this fight except nocturne... meh wouldn't be the first time the guys been wrong.. certainly won't be the last.

Blue nocturne

That was a meditation technique it really exsist, so that thing about no man can do it is not true.

yes

punk

well there's really not much need for me to continue everyone can see who wins this fight except nocturne... meh wouldn't be the first time the guys been wrong.. certainly won't be the last.

I could say the same for you.

Darkstorm Zero
That was a meditation technique it really exsist, so that thing about no man can do it is not true.

Doing it that fast in the middle of combat is impossible, even for a Grand Master... Gen performed it at such a speed as to completely negate the time of which it would take during normal situations...

jinzin

I could say the same for you.

no you couldn't plenty of people think ryu wins this... wink

same can't be said for wong... no

Blue nocturne
Doing it that fast in the middle of combat is impossible, even for a Grand Master... Gen performed it at such a speed as to completely negate the time of which it would take during normal situations...

Your crazy walking meditation exsist, it's called tai chi.

Hoshi
tai chi , created by a kung fu school that uses the internal energy , thawt style was created in wudan by the great master San Feng Cheung. It is a style that uses the: magic of 18 words, punchs of 6 arms and 10 breaking points tech .Tai chi has three ways that can never be broke : always have a clear mind and a pure heart .Never reveal the kung fu in an useless way.

What gen did is impossible to any normal man , he even stopped the flow of chi/ki , even tai chi cant stop the flow of chi , they can slow it down a little , but stop like gen did is freaking impossible
a friend from my karate said that , he is/was a taichi master , perhaps i didnt put it exactly how it was , but the basic is here.

Blue nocturne

What gen did is impossible to any normal man , he even stopped the flow of chi/ki , even tai chi cant stop the flow of chi , they can slow it down a little , but stop like gen did is freaking impossible
a friend from my karate said that , he is/was a taichi master , perhaps i didnt put it exactly how it was , but the basic is here.

Stop saying what he did was immpossible, he emptied his heart that's a real Meditation technique.And you can stop the flow of QI when Qi is blocked people die,so yeah.Why are you hyping gen up so much?

Hoshi
what do you mean? gen DID stopped the flow of chi , and as you said people die when the chi is blocked , that is why i said gen did an impossible feat, in the world if anyone did what gen did they would die .

Blue nocturne
what do you mean? gen DID stopped the flow of chi , and as you said people die when the chi is blocked , that is why i said gen did an impossible feat, in the world if anyone did what gen did they would die .

When did gen stop the flow of Qi, post evidence.

Hoshi
how woould he survive an attack that destroy the flow of chi in the persons body , shun goku satsu destroy all living things in the world , that mean in sf that he destroy the flow of chi inside anything .

Blue nocturne
how woould he survive an attack that destroy the flow of chi in the persons body , shun goku satsu destroy all living things in the world , that mean in sf that he destroy the flow of chi inside anything .

Shungokusatsu sends your soul to hell, depending on your karma the damage can be heavy or light. gen escaped by erasing his guilt and emptying his mind

Hoshi
lets start by parts , first letsdiscuss about ryu and wongs strengh .

Ryu lifted a rock as heavy as a ferrari(probaly heavier) and stayed in horse position for a long period of time(uncertain) , what proof you have that wong is stronger than ryu ?

i am going to argue by parts , that way is easier

Hoshi
Shungokusatsu sends your soul to hell, depending on your karma the damage can be heavy or light. gen escaped by erasing his guilt and emptying his mind

that is wrong, the soul is punished in hell , but even if you dont have any sin or even if your karma is pure you will still suffer the same .Shun goku satsu killed all , only gen , and gill(kind of) survived this attack.It already killed gouken and goutetsu, two of the most pure heated souls of the world.

Blue nocturne
lets start by parts , first letsdiscuss about ryu and wongs strengh .

Ryu lifted a rock as heavy as a ferrari(probaly heavier) and stayed in horse position for a long period of time(uncertain) , what proof you have that wong is stronger than ryu ?

i am going to argue by parts , that way is easier

Okay, Your comparing lifting strength, lifting strentgh doesn't equate to striking power. so that point is moot but wong has some decent strenght feats

Hoshi
speed :
ryu dodged bullets like they were nothing , he kicked a guy three times and the guy only noticed the impact seconds later, ryu punched a guy six times and the guy would only be tossed away seconds later.His tatsumaki sempukyako could hit gouki .

Blue nocturne
that is wrong, the soul is punished in hell , but even if you dont have any sin or even if your karma is pure you will still suffer the same .Shun goku satsu killed all , only gen , and gill(kind of) survived this attack.It already killed gouken and goutetsu, two of the most pure heated souls of the world.

Okay now your wrong, goutetsu was not pure hearted he developed satsu no hadou, and gouki didn't kill gouken with shungokusatsu.also the technique always kills but it's power is determined by the karma of the victim.

Blue nocturne
speed :
ryu dodged bullets like they were nothing

-So did Wong Fei Hung, in fact when the gunmen shot at him with a trick shot (He turned his head for a second and shot.) Wong Fei Hung was gone.

-He knocked bullets out the air with his Manchu robe.

-Inserted an accupuncture needle in donnie yens neck without him knowing, in a split second.
speed :
ryu punched a guy six times and the guy would only be tossed away seconds later. .

Wong did a high flying kick and followed it up with 6 more kicks in the air in one movement.

Swiping sevens Bo with his cloth stick ( It literally wrapped around the Bo like a snake when used it and pulled it.)

His tatsumaki sempukyako could hit gouki .

That's never been shown.

Here's more wong fei hung skill 9He was being defensive throughout the most of the fight.:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1o0w_IJyRY&search=donnie%20yen

Tha C-Master
Ryu win's this, and I'm under the impression that many people don't post threads with Sf'ers in them to say they win (meaning when they post threads with sf'ers in them, they make it against the sf cast)... why do this?

One hit, and Wong is dead...

Emperor Ashtar
Hater^^^^

LOL

Emperor Ashtar
bsE1wsKg57I

Wong Fei Hung Vs So Hut Yee

Violent2Dope
Why the hell would you bring back a thread over a year old!?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Why the hell would you bring back a thread over a year old!?
To post vids, like so.

bj-PoHP7Xbk
Wong Fei Hung Vs Prince Twelve

9hig5bcImNI

Classic Wong Fei Hung Vs Northern Stylist

Emperor Ashtar
9trOJFXRvVM

Classic old Master Wong Fei Hung Vs. Lo Hoi Chan

Xenogears
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
bsE1wsKg57ILOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.