Ion Vs. The Sentinel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesse7
Ion (Kyle Raynor)
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6283/greenlanternthepowerofiontp3aq.jpg

Vs.

The Sentinel (Alan Scott)
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/8452/jsa16wt.gif

Present day Ion Versus The Sentinel

batdude123
Is present-day Ion the more powerful one of the two Ions that we have seen in comics? confused

Tron
Nope.

batdude123
Well than this is more of a fight than I first thought. I don't know, it could really go either way.

He-guy88
well if its present day ion then id say Sentinel only cause the exp he has on him (kyle is my fav gl to)

complexbrother
This would be a very tough fight but I belive Ion has the edge in power and imagination.

He-guy88
Originally posted by complexbrother
This would be a very tough fight but I belive Ion has the edge in power and imagination.

imagination yes i agree 100 percent but i still think sentinel got more exp thats y old school ion went to him for advise just like he did hal(spector)

complexbrother
but now Ion (Kyle) still retains a large chunk of the almost infinite power he had from a few months back, he's phycially more powerful than Alan.

He-guy88
i was under the impression new ion was only a littel stronger then a rag gl

S.S
Is this current Ion?then Sentinel got this until Ion shows off his current powerset.

He-guy88
Originally posted by S.S
Is this current Ion?then Sentinel got this until Ion shows off his current powerset.

yes new ion

complexbrother
According th his new book (Ion) he still retains a large amount of the energy .

He-guy88
all well not good for jordon then cause its jordan vs the new ion its like issue 6 or so of the new ion books

Jesse7
Hal Jordan? If so, as a GL or as what or who?

He-guy88
yeah as rag gl

Acrosurge
Originally posted by complexbrother
According th his new book (Ion) he still retains a large amount of the energy . Which doesn't make much sense, since his powers consist of GL Kyle's plus Jades. If anything, this would make him a GL+, but definitely not godlike.

I'm still thinking Alan will take this on experience, if not power.

Juntai
I got the idea last time they scuffled as Sentinal and ION, that Allan was mostly able to compete due to his experence and Kyle's respect for him, I got that impression that if Kyle TRULY let loose, he'd have pimped Allan kinda hard.

Juntai
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Which doesn't make much sense, since his powers consist of GL Kyle's plus Jades. If anything, this would make him a GL+, but definitely not godlike.

I'm still thinking Alan will take this on experience, if not power. Even going by this train of thought....Wouldn't that be relative to how much energy Kyle put into Jade when he was ION?

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
Even going by this train of thought....Wouldn't that be relative to how much energy Kyle put into Jade when he was ION?

But he couldn't have put too much inside her , otherwise he would have lost his 'Ion' capabilities completely.

Everyones getting their knickers in a twist over Kyle blowing up a planet , yet if these twits stop for a moment and think any GL is capable of destroying a planet.

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
But he couldn't have put too much inside her , otherwise he would have lost his 'Ion' capabilities completely.

Everyones getting their knickers in a twist over Kyle blowing up a planet , yet if these twits stop for a moment and think any GL is capable of destroying a planet. I think many of the characters, probably Gl's included are catching severe power-downs. I'm not sure what anyone OYL is about quite yet, other than Blue Beetle seems to be written as very high end, and Green Arrow has retrained into badassdom.

Pre-IC though, yeah, a lot of them probably could.

grey fox
I don't like this new Blue Beetle , his costume sucks and he's a whiner .

Juntai
I don't like this new Blue Beetle , his costume sucks and he's a whiner . Are you kidding me?

He's a kid with problems, struggling with a job and school, that just had a magical parasite or something latch onto his spine, and it randomly takes over and uses his body, and when he transforms back, he doesn't remember any of it. He'll just wake up naked some place. He doesn't even remember the Crisis.

We've only seen a few panels in Crisis, and 2 issues. You can't even really know the character by this point. Did you even read the two issues, or are you judging by Crisis?

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
Are you kidding me?

He's a kid with problems, struggling with a job and school, that just had a magical parasite or something latch onto his spine, and it randomly takes over and uses his body, and when he transforms back, he doesn't remember any of it. He'll just wake up naked some place. He doesn't even remember the Crisis.

We've only seen a few panels in Crisis, and 2 issues. You can't even really know the character by this point. Did you even read the two issues, or are you judging by Crisis?

laughing

......Crisis

Juntai
I dunno, I think it'd be ****ed up to be randomly chosen to turn into a hero, and all of a sudden I'm next to these guys revered on the planet as Gods, trying to save the entire universe. I'd be whinin at least a little too.

"You gotta save the universe Juntai, it's all on your shoulders!"

"Dude, I've only been trying to mess with these powers for twenty five minutes, I don't even know what type of shit I can do."

Validus

Everyones getting their knickers in a twist over Kyle blowing up a planet , yet if these twits stop for a moment and think any GL is capable of destroying a planet.
Not with the ease that Kyle did. He was trying to evacuate a planet and blew it up in the process. That's an impressive energy spike.

And I'd argue the combined power of two Green Lanterns without the need for a power ring and recharging is good enough to be called godlike. That's the very least of what he is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.