Spider-man's Agility & Spidersense vs. Darkseid's Omega Beams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
We've seen the beams tracks a target to it's destruction, but we've also seen Spidey dodge multiple machine gun bullets.

Can Spidey avoid the Omega Beams?

freezedoom
No.

ThePittman
Well if the beams run out of juice then the answer would be yes.

BlaqChaos
BTW, in this match all Spidey has to do is avoid the beams for 5 minutes straight.

grey fox
Nope , he dodges them for about a minute if he's lucky.

He-guy88
spidy could do it for the fact iv seen bats do it spidy can sence it and move faster then bats

DigiMark007
I'd point to a recent issue (somewhere around ASM 520, but I forget the exact number. It was early-on in the "The Other" story arc) where he has to dodge 2 bullets that intelligently track the target. They avoid other people, objects, etc.

He's dodging them just fine, and I'm sure 5 minutes wouldn't have been a problem. In the issue, the bullets aren't stopping so he stops and catches one of them (yeah, he catches it) but the other one clips him in the shoulder. Still, if all he needed to do was dodge them for 5 minutes, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

I know absolutely nothing abot the Omega Beams, but unless they're lots faster/smarter/quicker than Tracer's intelligent bullets, I'd have to say he could do it.

...I'm assuming a city. He might be screwed otherwise. And if they go on indefinitely, he can't dodge them forever.

leonidas
for 5 minutes? hmm . . . that's an awful long time. he'd need to get the beams to strike something/someone else before that because i don't think he could manage 5 mins. the environment would also play a part indetermining how long he could last.

Mindship
Originally posted by He-guy88
spidy could do it for the fact iv seen bats do it spidy can sence it and move faster then bats

Exactly right.
Bats did it, 5/13/06 episode of JLU.
For Spider-Man, it would be a fraction the challenge.

(Personally, Bats should've been nailed on the spot, and I really don't think Spidey should be able to dodge them either. But apparently, the beams are not all that fast--nowhere near cee, maybe even slower than bullets...which then makes me wonder why Superman doesn't dodge them. Talk about PIS all the way around!)

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
We've seen the beams tracks a target to it's destruction, but we've also seen Spidey dodge multiple machine gun bullets.

Can Spidey avoid the Omega Beams?

I have no idea, but very clever thread none the less. Far more interesting than most of the Crap poullting the Forum at the present. smile

Validus
Originally posted by Mindship
Exactly right.

(Personally, Bats should've been nailed on the spot, and I really don't think Spidey should be able to dodge them either. But apparently, the beams are not all that fast--nowhere near cee, maybe even slower than bullets...which then makes me wonder why Superman doesn't dodge them. Talk about PIS all the way around!)
JLU? We're using JLU Darkseid? I guess Spidey could beat Darkseid all over NYC if thats the case.

DigiMark007
Blah, don't use tv shows as evidence. That just hurts our chances of convincing them Spidey could beat Jobberseid.

...coughhebeatfirelordcough....

ninja

Scarlet315
I seen that episode of JLU too and saw bats dodged it. I mean come on he only human and if he can do it then so could everyone's favorite neighborhood wall crawler. Especially now with his new upgrades.

leonidas
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Blah, don't use tv shows as evidence. That just hurts our chances of convincing them Spidey could beat Jobberseid.

...coughhebeatfirelordcough....

ninja

very subtle . . .

laughing

Tron
If they're Omega Beams minus PIS, Spidey ceases to exist on the spot.

dman2008
Originally posted by Mindship
Exactly right.

Comic Omega Beams > DCAU Omega Beams wink

Batman is portrayed as batgod on JLU

Psyquis52
I read in a comic book once where Robin (Tim Drake) had an accidental encounter with Darkseid and ended up dodging the Omega Beams by going down a whole and then moving to the side at the last second. The theory being that when you're out of Darkseid's line of sight the Omega Beams don't have quite the same accuracy.

I think it is feesable for Spiderman to dodge it.

Sparkz
Well couldnt Spider-man dodge for a bit then jump behind something at the last second so the omega beams would destroy that instead...and has any1 actuly dodged the omega beams before?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.