Coolest Saber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
whos saber throughout the saga (and eu) do you think was the coolest? ignoring colour, what saber would you like to have it you could have any, and what sound would it make? the deeper sith ignition or the more traditional jedi sound effects. it can be any colour you like. personally id probably take dookus or palpatines, but with a blue blade. dookus would be cool to actually use, and palpatines looks the best. it had better for the obscene amount of money i just spent buying a full scale replica of it.

Rampant ox
Probably the Counts. It represents the classic old age of saber fighting, not the primitive age of blasters. It has the cool red blade, which represents the almighty sith race. It is also best suited to Makashi which is my fav style. Oh, and Count Dooku uses it which means I have to as well!!

Captain REX
Dooku's probably. Or Vader's.

JaehSkywalker
hmm... maul's, or anakin's... vader's is quite cool 2...

Mysterious Man
Mace's or Sidous' for me.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Is this in the movies or the EU. This is the EU board. lol. From the movies i would say Maul's. However if we are including the EU then I would have to say Kyp Durron's duel phase lightsaber he makes. For some reason I just love Duel Phase lightsabers more then the reguler and double bladed ones.

Darth Avis
i would like Kuns because it is double bladed and not cut appart every 2 seconds.

Razielim
RotJ Luke's.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Originally posted by Darth Avis
i would like Kuns because it is double bladed and not cut appart every 2 seconds.

Actualy his was a Double Bladed Duel Phase Lightsaber. Lol. That is among my favorites.

DarthMaul9123
1) maul's
2)dooku's
tied with 2)Windu's
3)palps (gold plating)
4)Plo koon's (it is gold)

Council#13
1). Mace or Palpatine's
2). Count Dooku's
3). The Dark Woman or Yarael Poof's
4). Darth Maul's
5). Exar Kun's

DarthMaul9123
oh i forgot about dark woman's hers was magnificent, and i dont say that much!

Great Vengeance
Qui gons single-bladed green.

DarthMaul9123
hhaha

Captain REX
'hhaha'

Good post. no expression

It was fun to watch the evolution of Anakin's/Vader's lightsaber through the hexology.

Swirly Girl
Exar Kun's is badass.

DarthMaul9123
rex don't use your moderator "powers" as a right to say whatever you want....
clearly you don't like me, mainly cause you sent that message to me stating i was "retarded" but you know that if i was truly retarded i wouldn't be here, i would be in a hospital or some special care center, and i take offense to that because i have a retarded cousin

Council#13
I'm retarded no expression

Darth Vious
For pure functionality, the saber that would best suit my style of fencing is Count Dooku's, which is why I made my lightsaber accordingly:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/5121e022.jpg
The second most comfortable saber would be Quinlan Vos', as the hilt is slim and ergonomic.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/460e54f5.jpg

I find sabers with 'grip fins' (like Anakin's and Mace's) a little uncomfortable, although I do like how they look.

Going purely on looks, I could not choose a specific saber over another, as each has a design feature I like, but the top 5 (in no order) are
Obi-Wan Kenobi's TPM/AotC
Quinlan Vos'
Qui-Gon Jinn's
Anakin's AotC
An'ya Kuro's

Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
oh i forgot about dark woman's hers was magnificent, and i dont say that much!
One like this?
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/c0da6360.jpg
It's a very tactile and ergonomic grip, but personally, I prefer a curved hilt...

Council#13
Where on earth did you get those images?

Darth Vious
From my photobucket account, those are sabers I've made smile

Council#13
Neato! big grin Musta taken a while!

Darth Vious
Some more than others. The An'ya Kuro saber is actually incredibly simple to make, the most time consuming factor is letting the glue and paint dry...
The Quinlan Vos saber only took about 8 hours (total build time, not including delays for parts to arrive) to make, and I made this DIY Graflex saber (start to finish) in 5 hours...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/e4888dae.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/97c3f374.jpg
...to mount on this painting I did...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/ea209fd5.jpg

Personally, I'm not keen on the Graflex design, but prefer Anakin's AotC saber. This is more accurate than the DIY Graflex (through luck than planning), but not quite finished yet, as I need to add the thumbscrews and 'ring' to the back of the emitter shroud.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/1335b65f.jpg

systemshock2
I like Qui-Gon's lightsaber. Simple looking, yet very elegant at the same time. It would also seem like the most practical to use during any duel due to its simple features.

DarthMaul9123
Darth mauls with one end lit would be good too, and yeah i think dooku's is comfortable, but obiwans (ROTS) is the best grip but overall handle isn't because his button is hugenormous

bogen
Azad ventrres's saber/s

DarthMaul9123
you mean asajj ventress's

truejedi
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison
Is this in the movies or the EU. This is the EU board. lol. From the movies i would say Maul's. However if we are including the EU then I would have to say Kyp Durron's duel phase lightsaber he makes. For some reason I just love Duel Phase lightsabers more then the reguler and double bladed ones.

pardon me for asking, but wasn't corran horn the one who made the duel phase saber? he and the other guy that gets controlled by the sith lord and tries to kill luke right after he begins the academy? i can't remember his name.... gantoris or something? i thought kyp's saber was pretty standard, he just had help in beating luke.

DarthMaul9123
gantoris and kyp durron were the only ones i can think of

Starwalker
I'd want either Luke's Return of the Jedi hilt, Anakin's Revenge of the Sith Hilt, Sidious's Revenge of the Sith hilt, or Qui-Gon's The Phantom Menace hilt. I'd have either a blue, green, or silver blade regardless of the hilt though.

TheBalance
i agree with decay or maybe mauls but i've built my own anyway check this out blue color cause i'm a Jedi Guardian

Blaxican Style
Can I get a pic of the duel phase sabre? Kyps?

Deception
1) Exar Kun's Lightsaber
2) Darth Malak's

I'm a rather tall person so i prefer longer sabers (more reach)
Exar Kun's saber wasn't like most (shorter than a regular double bladed saber).

However if most melee weapons were included i would take a Sith Barstard Sword anyday, those things are tremendous and if your strong enough they able to be as fast as a lightsaber.

Btw i dont get the Duel "Phase" saber concept or mabye its a new term to me, can anyone explain?

Darth Vious
Originally posted by KMC Dark Lord
Can I get a pic of the duel phase sabre? Kyps?
As far as I know, there aren't accurate pics of them... The only EU saber I actually like the look of, is Anakin Solo's, and that is an image taken from The Lightsaber.Com, so chances are, it was actually an entry in the custom saber competition that got 'bumped' into the site. Even so, there're still quite a few things I don't like about the design... It has an attatchment for a belt ring rather than a covertec knob. The pommel is too plain to be that long. It should be shorter. The activation knob should be set infront of the lower grip fins rather than inside the same area. The segments of the neck either side of the 'windvane' are different thicknesses rather than being even. All in all though, it's basically a nice lightsaber.

Lightsnake
Exar Kun's was exactly the same as anyone else's of the era.
Palpatine's, Mace's, K'kruhk's and Quin Vos's're quite cool

Jonathan Mark
Exar's saber was incredibly impractical and idiotic... no one with any skill or knowledge with a double bladed weapon is going to wield it with one hand...

l0rd?
Originally posted by Deception
1) Exar Kun's Lightsaber
2) Darth Malak's

I'm a rather tall person so i prefer longer sabers (more reach)
Exar Kun's saber wasn't like most (shorter than a regular double bladed saber).

However if most melee weapons were included i would take a Sith Barstard Sword anyday, those things are tremendous and if your strong enough they able to be as fast as a lightsaber.

Btw i dont get the Duel "Phase" saber concept or mabye its a new term to me, can anyone explain?

Yeah but who would be strong enough to wield one as fast as a saber?

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Deception
It is a term that is applied to lightsabers that have been constructed to allow the blade length to be adjusted (longer blades rather than a shorter blade) No canon lightsaber has ever demonstrated having more than one blade length, it is a purely EU concept.

Darth Kreiger
I'd like to have a double bladed lightsaber that can come apart into 2, and then be put back together. Also would have a short one to throw at people while fighting. Silver blade or Red

Sith Master X
I've always liked Obi-Wan's ROTS/ANH Saber.

thezenbrawler
Qui Gonn's is extremely comfortable, and so is luke's, but i think luke's is a little too constrictive, but I like how the activation plate is encassed around the edges, so you can't accidetaly press it while in combat.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I've always liked Obi-Wan's ROTS/ANH Saber.
I never liked the idea of it (Always liked the look of it though) until I was able to hold one, and then saw that it is infact a very versatile hilt, so I made an idealized version for my collection smile
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DefenderoftheInnocent/0715a1c0.jpg

Geekonthainside
definitely Muals he's got the sik dble bladed red and it's perfect for Seigan fighting style which is my favorite

Legion_of_Maul
only problem was that he used teras kasi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.