Iron Man vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Iron Man is supposed to be something of the same nature only created by Stark.
He can take on Hulk for a while.
Can he do one better by Juggs.

grey fox
Iron man is now renamed Dead-Man , after jugg's is finished with him.

superman41082
Juggernaut is allergic to the fumes emitted fromt he suit, sneezes pretty hard on the suit, and breaks it into little pieces along with Stark.

Grimm22
Well the only thing is that IM cant really hurt Juggs. no expression

If IM has prep I think he takes it 6/10

If no prep, Juggs 9/10

Sam Z
Unless IM creates somekind of TP devicestick out tongue he loses.

Tron
If he could find a way to copy what Nimrod used on Juggernaut, then he stands a chance. That would involve prep, though. Without prep, his chances are slim.

Wonder Man
He's got the strength of Juggernaut. Only its not as unlimited as Jugg.
He also has quit a shield last i heard. practically impregnable.
The only thing that seperates Juggs from Iron man is a power cell.

Lethal_Rise
if it's hulkbuster iron man, he's got a chance. if he's got S.H.I.E.L.D and the X-men on speed dial, he's got a chance. if he's got nimrod's armour, he's got a chance. The fights in his favor, but he still would lose in the long run.

Soujaboy
The depowered Juggernaut already beat on Alpha Flight while they were equipped with Hulk Buster armor, so I think a blood lusted Classic Juggernaut wouldn't have too much trouble with Iron Man while he is equipped with Hulkbuster armor.

Lethal_Rise
I meant if he had hulkbuster amour w/ nimrod's pwoer.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soujaboy
The depowered Juggernaut already beat on Alpha Flight while they were equipped with Hulk Buster armor, so I think a blood lusted Classic Juggernaut wouldn't have too much trouble with Iron Man while he is equipped with Hulkbuster armor. You are right. And Juggernaut was not even beaten by them he quit fighting.

Best of all it was the current Juggernaut!

Lethal_Rise
Classic Juggernaut owns all other juggernauts. Some things are just best with time.

Soujaboy
He'll be back soon

Lethal_Rise
is he depowered now? (from house of M, although technically he isn't even a mutant)

Soujaboy
No, Cain disobeyed Cyttorak and defied his plans in the 8th day saga. Cyttorak got upset and drained his power, cutting off his connection.

badabing
Originally posted by Soujaboy
No, Cain disobeyed Cyttorak and defied his plans in the 8th day saga. Cyttorak got upset and drained his power, cutting off his connection.
What are Juggernaut's stats right now?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
What are Juggernaut's stats right now? Well in the 2004 X-men handbook he is listed at 7 in stength and durability...........

Soujaboy
So he's still the shit while he's weak

badabing
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well in the 2004 X-men handbook he is listed at 7 in stength and durability...........
How much "power" has he lost? If you have a link, you can PM it to me so we don't spam this thread.

Lethal_Rise
Jugg is a member of Excalibur right now (I read somewhere). They were in a fight w/ Black Tom and the Dark X-men, and got completly owned. Jugg wins against iron man in most cases (back on topic)

snoopdogg
How much "power" has he lost? If you have a link, you can PM it to me so we don't spam this thread. He has lost alot of power. I think I posted his bio in the Juggernaut respect thread.

badabing
He has lost alot of power. I think I posted his bio in the Juggernaut respect thread.
I'll check it out. Thanks Snoop. cool

Lethal_Rise
can someone please direct me towards all these alleged "respect" threads?

Soujaboy
There in the comic book section. When you get there use the index to find the character your looking for.

Lethal_Rise
thanx. (I'm a choob again)

snoopdogg
I'll check it out. Thanks Snoop. cool If you can't find it here it is.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Juggisbio.jpg

badabing
If you can't find it here it is.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Juggisbio.jpg
Thanks dude.

Lethal_Rise
dammit!! I can never read those, they're too small.

badabing
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
dammit!! I can never read those, they're too small.
Dude, you can ENLARGE the text.

Lethal_Rise
dee-dee-dee. (I'm stupid)

badabing
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
dee-dee-dee. (I'm stupid)
laughing

Lethal_Rise
when I made the text bigger, it just got huge for half a second, then got small again sad

Soujaboy
Here

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Juggernaut_%28Cain_Marko%29

Wonder Man
So if Forge were to wip up a little science/magic combo hose that Stark could spray all over Juggernaut and it had the ability to use all of the power of Starks armor. That might be sufficent to stop Juggernaut, seeing as how a high degree of magic is known to stop him.

Lethal_Rise
yep, he would get owned, but he was unprepared or using regular armour, he'd be screwed.

branhole
so iron man knows how nimrod beat juggs? juggs grabs his neck and rips his head off and does shakesphere with it.

Wonder Man
Seriously. Im a Wonder Man fan but i like Iron Man as THE AVENGER or better yet THE HERO.
If i had to pick for just one fight I'd pick Iron Man. I think he's the Fall guy anyhow.

Lethal_Rise
Originally posted by branhole
so iron man knows how nimrod beat juggs? juggs grabs his neck and rips his head off and does shakesphere with it. he's got a good point. Isn't nimrod (originally holocaust) a non-canon character. There's no way he knows how nimrod did it, and would either have to figure it out himself or take the merciless slaughtering.

outarddwarf
current juggernaut would struggle with iron man. Iron man tech>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>alpha flight tech (no offense Mungi) Juggernaut would have a hard time getting his hands on iron man because he would stay back unlike the alpha flight did.

Lethal_Rise
my bet is IM would puss out and just call S.H.I.E.L.D or the X-men to come take him down.

branhole
is this current or classic cause if its classic he gets molested like his dad did to him.

Wonder Man
Sure Iron man knows how Nimrod did it. He simply overpowered him. And last i checked it was Classic Juggernaut that Nimrod shut down practally completly.
I think Iron man may well be able to anyhow.

Lethal_Rise
Nimrod used some wierd telepathy or something. he didn't just beat him to the ground and leave.

Wonder Man
Oh he did just beat the tar out of him and damn quick too. and pretty much took on the x-men at the same time.
The only reason Rogues trick worked at all is cause Nimrod didn't employ one of his shields to stop her from teleporting.
and on that note i must admit that neither did Juggernaut use his magic shield in that battle.

branhole
wasnt it a sonic scream or something like that.

Lethal_Rise
Jugs can't b beat by pure brute force. nim would have to use technology.

branhole
juggs would rip him apart like sentry ripped apart carnage.

Lethal_Rise
Iron man's only human, and jugg is invulneralbe. (invincible and invulneralbe are differnet, invincible means u can't b beat)

jacobo0o
hows juggernaut gonna catch iron man?

Soljer
It doesn't matter. Juggernaut doesn't have to eat, sleep, or breathe. Tony requires all of the above. He could outlast tony if thats the way he had to do it. Even if Iron Man stayed on the defensive the entire fight, there is literally NOTHING Iron Man can do to juggernaut, except call in the X-men to deal with him.

jacobo0o
whats juggernaut gonna do when tony is in the air looking up on juggernaut and ways do defeat him?

Soljer
Ways to defeat him? Tony is smart, but I don't think he could invent a machine that could utilize telepathy. Besides that, if Iron Man even got CLOSE to Juggernaut, the fight would be finished.

Further more, Juggernaut won't just STAND there staring, he could be throwing cars, or rocks, or buildings. Juggernaut could try to leap into the air towards Iron Man ala the Hulk.

Not that I think either of these two things would be able to take out Tony, just keep him a little distracted. Juggs won't just stare him down.

jacobo0o
iron man wouldnt get close to juggernaut hes not dumb
watever thing juggernaut throws at him he can deflect dodge or catch

Soljer
Like I said, I don't expect tossing things at Iron Man to be a viable strategy for winning, only to distract him from looking up 'how to defeat juggernaut' on google.

Oh, and I was only talking about getting close to Juggernaut in order to remove his helmet and skull cap to get his 'telepathy machine' to work. *rolls eyes*

jacobo0o
he wouldnt have to get close to remove his helmet he could just use his
magnetism thingy

drwerwer
i think juggs since i think his duribility would be able to take stark and then he would be able to kill him after gettig to him

Soleran
Originally posted by Soljer
Like I said, I don't expect tossing things at Iron Man to be a viable strategy for winning, only to distract him from looking up 'how to defeat juggernaut' on google.

Oh, and I was only talking about getting close to Juggernaut in order to remove his helmet and skull cap to get his 'telepathy machine' to work. *rolls eyes*

Tony can easily multitask that google search and hold juggs at baysmile Not to mention Tony has used sonics in the past, although it was a different application then Nimrod's but none the less. Stark couldn't perm put down juggs he could however stop him momentarily.

jacobo0o
he could find a way to absorb the Cyttorak from juggy

Soleran
Originally posted by jacobo0o
he could find a way to absorb the Cyttorak from juggy no its possible but highly improbable.

jacobo0o
didnt the cult do it before?? i think he drained juggys energy before

Wonder Man
True i hadn't considered that as an effective way to defeat Juggs by any other than the Black Queen.
If Stark can't do that then who can?

TheKahn
I see this as being a draw (assuming this is Classic Juggernaut). There is absolutely nothing that Iron Man can do to defeat Juggy and there is no way for Juggy to force a h2h confrontation thanks to Iron Man's mobility.

Now the issue of Iron Man using a sonic attack against Juggy (ala Nimrod) has been mentioned, but to me there is a rather significant problem with this argument. How exactly would Tony know to use this method of attack? If I'm not mistaken, it isn't widespread knowledge that Juggy is vulnerable to sonics and I think it is a bit of a stretch to assume that Tony would be able to deduce that vulnerability in the middle of a fight.

A.J
I really dont know what ironman can do to stop juggernaught, he has better durableity than hulk I think, and the hulk being K.Oed by ironman was uber crap. I think ironman can hurt juggs yeah but not knock him out, the reason I think juggs can be hurt is because of the jla/avengers crossover, call it crap if you want but ironman hurt superman. Anyway no ironman cant beat juggernaught, but juggernaught could beat ironman he doesnt get tired or anything and I don think he can dodge loads of cars who that sort of stuff.

Heres the scan of ironman hurting superman

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/955/243qo.th.jpg

juggernaut66666
lol don't compare superman's durabilty to juggernaut durability

jacobo0o
im sure when iron man is up in the sky using all kinda weapons he will use sonic

A.J
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
lol don't compare superman's durabilty to juggernaut durability im not sort off, who has better durbaliltiy anyway

jacobo0o
IM wins this 6/10

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by TheKahn
I see this as being a draw (assuming this is Classic Juggernaut). There is absolutely nothing that Iron Man can do to defeat Juggy and there is no way for Juggy to force a h2h confrontation thanks to Iron Man's mobility.

Now the issue of Iron Man using a sonic attack against Juggy (ala Nimrod) has been mentioned, but to me there is a rather significant problem with this argument. How exactly would Tony know to use this method of attack? If I'm not mistaken, it isn't widespread knowledge that Juggy is vulnerable to sonics and I think it is a bit of a stretch to assume that Tony would be able to deduce that vulnerability in the middle of a fight.
It wouldn't be too far fetched. Is Juggernaut being taken down by sonics something the X-Men would record with their files? And doesn't Tony bring up files on people?

A.J
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It wouldn't be too far fetched. Is Juggernaut being taken down by sonics something the X-Men would record with their files? And doesn't Tony bring up files on people? Im pretty sure he does as seen in Avengers he has recordings of the former avengers and they must have faced him before so it wont be as bad as people think, alot of it is if he can get juggs helmet off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.