Muslims and Jews, friends?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
apparently confused

they're talking about the Islam faith, pretty good realy. thumb up

Mindship
IMO, only fanatics can't be buddies.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, only fanatics can't be buddies.

Very true.

Sam Z
Originally posted by lord xyz
Muslim and Jews, friends?

Yeah, why not?

Darth Jello
Well, if you read the Koran, you'll find that Jews and Muslims are SUPPOSED to be friends. The whole antisemitism thing comes from stupidity, forgeries like the protocols being really popular and everyone's favorite agent of hate and mental retardation-systematic illiteracy.

Sam Z
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well, if you read the Koran, you'll find that Jews and Muslims are SUPPOSED to be friends. The whole antisemitism thing comes from stupidity, forgeries like the protocols being really popular and everyone's favorite agent of hate and mental retardation-systematic illiteracy.

In our days this conflict isn't really about religion but about territory.

Lord Urizen
True, but if they admit its over territory then it renders the war less "meaningful"

Pathetically, everyone feels war is justifiable when thier Religion can "back it up" somehow.

Just look at BUSH and CHENEY !

Alliance
Everything so far very true!

Agreed big grin

debbiejo
Is it time for the "Coke" commercial

I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony
I'd like to give the world a coke to keep it company big grin

lord xyz
well, Muslims and Jews being friends isn't wrong, but it's like Japs and Koreans being friends if you know what I mean. confused

Jonathan Mark
Muslims consider Jews and Christians to be people of the book...

lord xyz
???

christianity=jesus
jews=none
muslim=muhammed
all of the above=abraham

lil bitchiness
apparently confused

they're talking about the Islam faith, pretty good realy. thumb up

Great news, great concept, but far too idealistic.

Especially because children in the middle east and north Africa are taught in schools every that Jews are ''pigs and apes''.

Remember the story of Jewish woman and Mohammad? Jewish woman poisoned him and said ''if you truly are the messenger of god he will save you. If you are a lier you will die.'' and apparently thats how he died.

Although this is the story in which Muslims are divided on. Some claim he died in his bed by his wife Aisha.

Sam Z
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Great news, great concept, but far too idealistic.

Especially because children in the middle east and north Africa are taught in schools every that Jews are ''pigs and apes''.

Remember the story of Jewish woman and Mohammad? Jewish woman poisoned him and said ''if you truly are the messenger of god he will save you. If you are a lier you will die.'' and apparently thats how he died.

Although this is the story in which Muslims are divided on. Some claim he died in his bed by his wife Aisha.

Never heard the story before and sure it was just made up by someone recently...

Lord Urizen
Sam Z...can you be freinds with a Jew ?

Sam Z
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Sam Z...can you be freinds with a Jew ?

Yes I can and I am, I'm absoutly not worried about his religion.
People ussually do not see the difference between religional and territorial conflict.

Lord Urizen
I'm astonished to hear that !

lil bitchiness

As am I.

Originally posted by Sam Z
Yes I can and I am, I'm absoutly not worried about his religion.
People ussually do not see the difference between religional and territorial conflict.

Would you be kind enough to explain this verse to us, then -

Qur'an 003.028

YUSUFALI: Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
PICKTHAL: Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.
SHAKIR: Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

Oh and these too -

Qur'an 025.052

YUSUFALI: Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qur'an).
PICKTHAL: So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them herewith with a great endeavour.
SHAKIR: So do not follow the unbelievers, and strive against them a mighty striving with it.

Qur'an 002.191

YUSUFALI: And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
PICKTHAL: And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.
SHAKIR: And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

Lord Urizen
lil bitchiness ! UR AWESOME !!!!!!

I TOTALLY LOVE YOU FOR THAT ! LOL

Jonathan Mark
Hmm... I have never actually read the Q'uarn(sp?) before. Interesting.

Nellinator
And so fundamentalists do what they do and others deny that the Koran teaches these things. It makes little sense.

Lord Urizen
Yup. ^

debbiejo
Muslims and Jews can only be friends on a superficial level I feel......

lord xyz
Actually it's "Qu'ran"

Sam Z
As am I.

Would you be kind enough to explain this verse to us, then -

Qur'an 003.028

YUSUFALI: Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
PICKTHAL: Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.
SHAKIR: Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

Oh and these too -

Qur'an 025.052

YUSUFALI: Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qur'an).
PICKTHAL: So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them herewith with a great endeavour.
SHAKIR: So do not follow the unbelievers, and strive against them a mighty striving with it.

Qur'an 002.191

YUSUFALI: And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
PICKTHAL: And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.
SHAKIR: And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

LOL Man, I have a hard time translating from english ordinaty posts, and quotes from Koran in english...I'm affraid I don't undestand half from it.

debbiejo
Yes, from what I've read from lil'b......they do teach to despise unbelievers and Christians teach some tolerance, except in the OT.

Sam Z

And why is that?

Stubbs
???

christianity=jesus
jews=none
muslim=muhammed
all of the above=abraham

Are you on crack?

Jewish people believe in only one God. They have a name for him, But I can't say it. Since I'm 50% Jewish.

Sam Z
As far as I see they say that you should trust muslims more than atheists since they are true believers. And it's said that you should strive against them with Koran, if I translated right they are NOT talking about fighting or killing but about trying to turn other people in Islam and NOT by force.

lord xyz
I'm talking about a messiah Stubbs. The jews are still waiting for their's. Or that what I've been told anyway.

debbiejo
I'm talking about a messiah Stubbs. The jews are still waiting for their's. Or that what I've been told anyway. First they are waiting for Elisha to come first, then the messiah..that is why at Passover they set an extra plate..

lord xyz
just like Nostradamus.

debbiejo
just like Nostradamus. Hmmmmmmmmmm not sure.......could of been takin a few different ways for him.........Heard he was talking about his own time and using metaphors also..........can't get caught with your head in the loose????????......Soooo common then..

Sam Z
lil bitchiness ! UR AWESOME !!!!!!

I TOTALLY LOVE YOU FOR THAT ! LOL

Because you think you finnaly found proofs that religion is violant? LOL
Guess again.

lil bitchiness
LOL Man, I have a hard time translating from english ordinaty posts, and quotes from Koran in english...I'm affraid I don't undestand half from it.

Those translations were made by the Qur'an scholers.

And im still waiting for an explanation - If you cant translate the english into arabic, there are the verses numbers in my post.

Actually it's "Qu'ran"

Actually it isn't. Its ''Al Qur'an''. Google it.

Sam Z
Those translations were made by the Qur'an scholers.

And im still waiting for an explanation - If you cant translate the english into arabic, there are the verses numbers in my post.

I don't have Qur'an where I'm now, but If I got it all right then you can find my post about it above.

Lord Urizen
Because you think you finnaly found proofs that religion is violant? LOL
Guess again..

Religion being violent? No...people are violent in ALL CULTURES, religious or not.

She had brought up information that you admitted you cannot translate or fully understand.

I just found that interesting.

Sam Z
Religion being violent? No...people are violent in ALL CULTURES, religious or not.

She had brought up information that you admitted you cannot translate or fully understand.

I just found that interesting.

Totally agree here with you.
And yes i couldn't translate this all but think I got the main idea.

Lord Urizen
Understandable.

lil bitchiness
I do believe that certain aspects of religion should not be taken literaly. In fact I believe the general organised religious books should not be taken literaly.

Because what makes YOU think it was written by a God? You have been told so, and taking for granted something just because someone said it is so, doesn't always make sense.

Im not saying there needs to be proof - Im saying that all should be taken with consideration of certain moral codes when looking at religious texts - certain religious codes which have been outdated.

This is what Buddha said :

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
~Buddha

thumb up

Lord Urizen
Buddha is the MAN !

If I HAD to pick a religion, it'd be Buddhism, i always said this.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Stubbs
Are you on crack?

Jewish people believe in only one God. They have a name for him, But I can't say it. Since I'm 50% Jewish. Yeah, you can't say it....Isn't it a sin??

Alliance
I'll say it for you.

The jewish god is YHWH.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alliance
I'll say it for you.

The jewish god is YHWH. eek! ........OH no!! You sinned!!

How about G-d......... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.