The Will of God VS Free Will

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Which is it ?

How are our lives coursed out to All Christians, Jews, Muslims and anyone else whose arguments can apply.....?

The Will of God is parallel to the idea of Destiny....

Free will contradicts Destiny entirely....................

Free Will is said to be the GREATEST gift of all, even more than LIFE itself, because FREE WILL ensures the absolution of our identities, and therefore is a LIFE of freedom instead of conformity.

1) Which is the true way of Life ?

2) Which do you Value more ?

I WELCOME ALL TO ANSWER, I want to know WHAT you guys beleive, and WHY

debbiejo
I believe we all have free will, or at least we may think we do...I only say "We may think we do" because honestly we can't say what is behind the scenes IF there is reincarnation and what was our part in choosing what our experiences would be....BUT, if we did have a part in choosing our life's experiences, the YES, we would still have free will, just not knowing the WHY of what we are experiencing at this time......

If you can understand what I'm trying to say...

Lord Urizen
I'm a bit confused...but i think I understand what you mean.

I don't beleive in Destiny though. And if God has a plan, that it's not folding out.

I can't be convinced that the innocent people who were butchered during the Holocaust only were facing thier "Destiny"

What a joke. What Ignorance for someone to beleive that.

I beleive in Free Will......and I also beleive that Violations of Free Will exist all the time.

What is the point of calling Free Will "God's Gift" if you get punished for every mistake you make ?

Then it's not a gift, its a TEASE........

I also beleive that Animals may possess this as well. Ofcourse in the Wild, they do what they must to survive. That applies to all life forms though.

Watch Animal Planet - Why would ONE Lioness defend her baby to the death from two intruding male lions, while another lioness just watches her baby die?

If you take a closer look at Animal Behavior, you will see they are NOT THAT different from us.

People generalize PIGS as slobs with no taste...they eat whatever they get.....that is so far from the truth. I bet so many people are unaware of the fact that pigs have 1000 more taste buds then we do, and are in fact very picky and selective eaters.

There is SO much we don't know. And many Christians TRULY beleive that they will find ALL THE ANSWERS to life in thier Bible. I feel sorry for them, because they set SUCH limits on thier own lives, and even worse, on the lives of others.

I beleive in Free Will. However, Free Will has limits:

1) You do not choose your parents

2) You do not choose your race/ethnicity

3) You do not choose your attraction or sexual orientation

4) You do not choose your talents ...u just have them.

debbiejo
This again according to some reincarnation beliefs, you do chose these things...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
This again according to some reincarnation beliefs, you do chose these things...

Those things are all part of your karma.

debbiejo
But is Karma Choosing or just cause and effect?

Shakyamunison
But is Karma Choosing or just cause and effect?

Karma is cause and effect.

If the water is cause and effect, then the river is karma.

debbiejo
OK........What I'm talking about is choosing.......It's a different belief in reincarnation.... smile

Shakyamunison
OK........What I'm talking about is choosing.......It's a different belief in reincarnation.... smile

I know, choosing is part of karma. Your entity knows what it needs.

debbiejo
I wonder what my entities real name is??? confused

Soleran

BoB

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
BoB laughing out loud
I was hoping for something a little bit more special........like Apollyn.. wink

Shakyamunison

Why would an entity have a name?

debbiejo
well, you can't just say to everyone..."Hey you?"

Lord Urizen
HOW can you say that is choosing ?

If reincarnation exists, then you have no way of knowing what your next life will be.

Beleifs aside, you never truly KNOW....

and even if you CAN, whatever choices you make NOW to affect the afterlife aspects:

parents, talents, sexual orientation and attraction, etc.

you'd be stuck with.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
HOW can you say that is choosing ?

If reincarnation exists, then you have no way of knowing what your next life will be.

There are some beliefs in reincarnation that you do pick what your next life will be like.

Mindship
No "vs." "And" would be better.

Lord Urizen
Okay Mindship...im interested now....explain ?

Mindship
Depends which end of the reality spectrum you're looking from.

From our end, sure seems like free will. I can successfully run my life by it. Doesn't mean I can choose everything that happens to me, but I can choose how I respond to things.

Yet from God's end, well, He's the Dreamer, He's weaving reality. I'm just an expression of a tiny facet of that Dream.

Another way to look at it is: if God is infinite in every way imaginable (and more), then "free will" is in there somewhere, just like "limits." Infinity, in the fullest sense, means everything, no matter how contradictory it appears.

It's like with omnipotence. We get our friend, the Paradox.

Lord Urizen
I don't beleive anybody knows God's will.

The Bible, Quran, Torah have slightly different ideas of the same God....

Hunduism, Buddhism, etc. ..every religion has a different idea of what is right, and everyone of these SWEAR they are the right way,

I think everyone is wrong. I beleive in Free Will...independent of God.

I beleive as a HUMAN BEING you are born with many rights, especially the right to CHOOSE.

Mindship
I believe in free will, just as much as I believe in a God.

And God's truly mysterious will (assuming for the sake of argument, there is a God) transcends but includes my own.

Lord Urizen
Hey theres nothing wrong with beleiving in God....

But there is something foolish about a person who thinks that they KNOW God's will and then try to propagandize this for thier own goals, ex BUSH

im glad we see eye to eye Mindship.

Mindship
...But there is something foolish about a person who thinks that they KNOW God's will and then try to propagandize this for thier own goals...

im glad we see eye to eye Mindship.

eye to eye

Lord Urizen
yes

Alliance
there should be a smiley for that...

Lord Urizen
I am very happy I am not alone in my Liberalism lol

Alliance
the funny part is, government these days is too wrapped up in stupid terms. Joe American can't understand government, so we bbase liberal/conservative on social issues.

Socially I'm a raving liberal lunatic. But, when it come to REAL POLICY...I'm actually very moderate, if not on the conservative side.

Mindship
Ditto. We need a liberal mindset to progress, to think outside the box, to see what works and what doesn't...and sometimes things do not work out for the best. But, hey, better to try and fail than fail to try.

On the other hand, you can't push too much too quickly. People--a society--need time to adjust, to integrate new ideas, to try and predict consequences of change. $$$$$ can't always be the bottom line.

It's a high-wire act. But as far as God is concerned: Mr/Mrs Frozen-in-Time Religionist, spare me you're narrow, self-serving world-view that you "know" God's will. That's why God gave each of us a conscience, so that when we are honest with ourselves, and with each other, we can steer ourselves and guide each other along that high-wire.

*Insert "Bringing in the Sheaves" here*

Lord Urizen
Mindship...now i know why you are called Mindship....you are so damn smart ! lol wink

Mindship
Mindship...now i know why you are called Mindship....you are so damn smart ! lol wink

aw, shucks...I'm really just KMC-inspired. goof

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
aw, shucks...I'm really just KMC-inspired. goof roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't aim too low. laughing

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't aim too low. laughing
I'm always raising the bar...as soon as I find a taller step-stool to put under it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
I'm always raising the bar...as soon as I find a taller step-stool to put under it.

Ooooo step-stool ohhhhh I'm getting dizzy. laughing

lord xyz
free will owns and we all know it. I mean, what did god do?

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Ooooo step-stool ohhhhh I'm getting dizzy. laughing

I use jetpacks stick out tongue

Lord Urizen
Free Will to me is a beautiful thing that should be explored not limitted.

In my opinion, Limits should only be placed on Free Will in the event that a person uses thier free will to intentionally HURT another person.

Then this is an obvious abuse of free wil. But as for exploration, self discovery and progression....FREE WILL will definately help you out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.