X-men vs MGS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sam Z
Solid Snake
Solidus Snake
Vamp
Grey Fox

vs

Wolverine
Beast
Angel
Colossus

Who wins in 4 on 4 fight?

Sam Z
This is how I see it. Fox fights Wolverine and takes him down coz he is faster and stronger. Snake shoots Beast with a handgun. Solidus fires missiles from his tantacles to keep Colossus busy. Meanwhile Vamp kills Angel. Then all four together finish colossus.

golem370
Colossus kills them all

Sam Z
Solid
Solidus
Vamp
Fox?
no

golem370
Yes

golem370
A barrage of flying cars trucks mail boxes buses Will stop them cold easy

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Sam Z
This is how I see it. Fox fights Wolverine and takes him down coz he is faster and stronger.

If Snake was able to take out Fox, Wolverine is too. Snake is not faster or stronger then Wolverine is, and Wolverine is also better fighter, has a healing factor, and has unbreakable skeleton and claws, which renders Fox's sword kind of useless...

DarkCrawler
Solid
Solidus
Vamp
Fox?
no

And none of these guys will not be able to really hurt Colossus...so a thunderclap will take them out.

Sam Z
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
If Snake was able to take out Fox, Wolverine is too. Snake is not faster or stronger then Wolverine is, and Wolverine is also better fighter, has a healing factor, and has unbreakable skeleton and claws, which renders Fox's sword kind of useless...

Not useless at all and I would also argue that Wolverine is a better fighter. You can't say that Wolverine would take down Fox only because Snake did. It doesn't work that way.

Sam Z
And none of these guys will not be able to really hurt Colossus...so a thunderclap will take them out.

Vamp can paralise him, Solidus can fire dozens missiles at him. Fox CAN hurt him with his blade if attacks many times. His sword cuts through steel as easy as through butter.

juggernaut66666
Vamp can paralise him, Solidus can fire dozens missiles at him. Fox CAN hurt him with his blade if attacks many times. His sword cuts through steel as easy as through butter.
Colossus got hit by a small nuke and he didn't even felt it

Avalonofthewind
The deciding factor here is wheter Fox can hurt colussus and if Colussus can hurt Frank. Until recently, I forgot he had a forcefield as well in addition to invisibility.

Soljer
Not useless at all and I would also argue that Wolverine is a better fighter. You can't say that Wolverine would take down Fox only because Snake did. It doesn't work that way.

Uhh....that's EXACTLY how it works. If A > B and B > C, then A > C. Unless, of course, B had some specialized way to beat C that A doesn't have. But "B," Snake, doesn't. Wolverine is almost identical to Snake in that he has been trained all his life to be a weapon, is peak human in every physical category, and, while he COULD fight an entire army, also has the stealth capabilities to go around them. Then Wolverine has his skeleton, claws, and healing on top of that. I think this is pretty much a no-brainer for the X-guys.

Ritoshi
If Snake was able to take out Fox, Wolverine is too. Snake is not faster or stronger then Wolverine is, and Wolverine is also better fighter, has a healing factor, and has unbreakable skeleton and claws, which renders Fox's sword kind of useless... You of all people said to everyone because x beats x doesn't mean x beats x. no expression

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Ritoshi
You of all people said to everyone because x beats x doesn't mean x beats x. no expression
It applies in some cases, though. If Person A can beat Person C, and Person B has every physical and skill advantage, then Person B should be able to do that too.

Wolverine is stronger then Snake. Faster then Snake. Better trained then Snake. More experienced then Snake. He also has adamantium claws and skeleton and healing factor. He has every advantage over Snake.

DarkCrawler

Missiles have never been really able to harm Colossus. And he is way more durable then steel.

Ritoshi
Can someone go to Ign.com to psp section and click MGS graphic novel and then post the video on the left. Cyber ninja was speeding towards the end in comics style.

StyleTime
X-Men win without any serious trouble.

Ritoshi
Grey Fox goes cloak and either shoots beast with his hand weapon(very powerful) or slices him up.

Sam Z
It applies in some cases, though. If Person A can beat Person C, and Person B has every physical and skill advantage, then Person B should be able to do that too.

Wolverine is stronger then Snake. Faster then Snake. Better trained then Snake. More experienced then Snake. He also has adamantium claws and skeleton and healing factor. He has every advantage over Snake.

Not faster nor stronger. And CQC is a match for Logan's technique.
Yes, he has heling and claws. Still Fox and Vamp are fasetr, and I'm not even sure Wolverine's claws would cut through Fox's armor that easy. I know he cuts metal with them but also don't forget that he had problems with cutting Colossus. So Fox still has the edge. Plus his third eye attack (not sure what is it but works good)

Sam Z
Missiles have never been really able to harm Colossus. And he is way more durable then steel.

Yes but intense attacks of three blades(all of them cut steal easily), one Fox's gun, dozens missiles, two tantacles, few Vamp's freezing attacks would take him down sooner or later.

DarkCrawler
Yes but intense attacks of three blades(all of them cut steal easily), one Fox's gun, dozens missiles, two tantacles, few Vamp's freezing attacks would take him down sooner or later. Not before Colossus could execute a thunderclap to take them all out. All he needs to do is to clap his hands together.

DarkCrawler
Not faster nor stronger. And CQC is a match for Logan's technique.
Yes, he has heling and claws. Still Fox and Vamp are fasetr, and I'm not even sure Wolverine's claws would cut through Fox's armor that easy. I know he cuts metal with them but also don't forget that he had problems with cutting Colossus. So Fox still has the edge. Plus his third eye attack (not sure what is it but works good) He's easily faster then Snake. He can literally speedblitz people. And I don't think Snake has done any strength feat comparable to lifting a ton of weight with one hand and tossing it, for example. And CQC is nothing close to comparable to Logan's technique...Logan has mastered his for a hundred years and fought more battles then Snake can dream of...

And Colossus's durability >>> Fox's durability. Colossus is probably in the top three most durable of Marvel Earth heroes. He's survived attacks that Fox can't even dream of surviving.

Sam Z
Not before Colossus could execute a thunderclap to take them all out. All he needs to do is to clap his hands together.

All Vamp needs to freeze Colossus is one move from a distance. Besides Colossus thunderclap is not as effective as Hulk's so I doubt that even if he somehow manages to make it that it would cause serious damage to Fox or Vamp.

Grimm22
Originally posted by StyleTime
X-Men win without any serious trouble.

Beast and Angel get killed withen seconds stick out tongue

Sam Z
He's easily faster then Snake. He can literally speedblitz people. And I don't think Snake has done any strength feat comparable to lifting a ton of weight with one hand and tossing it, for example. And CQC is nothing close to comparable to Logan's technique...Logan has mastered his for a hundred years and fought more battles then Snake can dream of...

And Colossus's durability >>> Fox's durability. Colossus is probably in the top three most durable of Marvel Earth heroes. He's survived attacks that Fox can't even dream of surviving.

Why is he faster than Snake? I haven't noticed that, really. Why do you judge about strength by only lifting abilities. Have you seen cutsence where Snake fights h2h. No human can punch that hard. For a super master logan gets hit too often, unlike Snake so CQC is still something.

This is not Colossus vs Fox so it doesn't matter. Colossus been KOed multiple time. So instant attacks of such powerfull characters as Solidus, Fox, Vamp and Snake will take him down sooner or later.

Soljer
Haha, but he said without any SERIOUS trouble. smile

superbatman86
Why is he faster than Snake? I haven't noticed that, really. Why do you judge about strength by only lifting abilities. Have you seen cutsence where Snake fights h2h. No human can punch that hard. For a super master logan gets hit too often, unlike Snake so CQC is still something.

This is not Colossus vs Fox so it doesn't matter. Colossus been KOed multiple time. So instant attacks of such powerfull characters as Solidus, Fox, Vamp and Snake will take him down sooner or later.
The thing your not getting is that in the marvel universe their not powerful.They're street level max.That's not to say that their not badass but marvel is simply on a different scale.

the Darkone
CQC ain't sh** against 100+ years of fighting experience from Wolverine who has mastered countless fighting styles. Wolverine is strong enough to crack SS,LS, Ocelot head into half with one punch, Wolverine weighs 300lbs but is more agile than snake and the others. This is not even close, hell beast is just as as Wolverine and stronger too, Jean Grey alone will but the team to sleep.

Metalmanx
...Why not just make this Colossus vs. MGS? He can take them all out by himself.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...Why not just make this Colossus vs. MGS? He can take them all out by himself.

Better yet, bring out Cable. He alone will smoke them with his god-like abilities.

The Fake Macoy
I can't tell if you people are foolish enough (the people who make these topics) to believe that the MGS guys could win, or if you just hate them and want them murdered. Colossus alone could take them all out.

Sam Z
Originally posted by the Darkone
CQC ain't sh** against 100+ years of fighting experience from Wolverine who has mastered countless fighting styles. Wolverine is strong enough to crack SS,LS, Ocelot head into half with one punch, Wolverine weighs 300lbs but is more agile than snake and the others. This is not even close, hell beast is just as as Wolverine and stronger too, Jean Grey alone will but the team to sleep.

First of all there is no jean grey here.
Second for so highly super duper trained man with over 100 years of exp Wolverine gets hit TOO often.
I bet the first time you heard of CQC was on this forum...

Sam Z
Better yet, bring out Cable. He alone will smoke them with his god-like abilities.

No, lets bring Raiden from mortal kombat to beat X-men!...

Doh!

Sam Z
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
I can't tell if you people are foolish enough (the people who make these topics) to believe that the MGS guys could win, or if you just hate them and want them murdered. Colossus alone could take them all out.

Only if you have no idea what MGS is then yes, Colossus can take them all out, but if to go by logic then Colossus wouoldn't even be able to tauch Fox, Vamp or Solidus.

Big Sexy
Colossus is a big factor here. Without him the rest are corpses but Snake is smart enough to figure out a way.

Avalonofthewind
It also depends, do the MGS crew get their usual weapons?
If so, what do they carry? Stuff like chaff and smoke grenades would seriously mess up characters like Wolvies sensitive senses.

I don't remember Vamp freezing people (it's been a while) what does he do exactly? I know of his other abilities, but that's one I don't remember.

Ritoshi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jkV0TWFXXks&search=metal%20gear%20solid%203 < Snake and Vulcans power along with other stuff

Sam Z
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jkV0TWFXXks&search=metal%20gear%20solid%203 < Snake and Vulcans power along with other stuff

Good one Rit.

golem370
The Better fight would have been Master Chief vs Gray Fox

StyleTime
While entertaining, nothing there was anything the X-Men haven't dealt with before. If the X-Men were actually put into a movie medium doing stuff on the level they do it in comics, that little clip you should wouldn't really hold up too well.
Originally posted by Grimm22
Beast and Angel get killed withen seconds stick out tongue
You're underestimating Beast here. Angel not so much. Hell, Snake won't even be a factor here. Beast should dispose of him rather quickly.

Sam Z

You're underestimating Beast here. Angel not so much. Hell, Snake won't even be a factor here. Beast should dispose of him rather quickly.

Wonder how will he do that with bullet placed between his eyes...

Ritoshi
While entertaining, nothing there was anything the X-Men haven't dealt with before. If the X-Men were actually put into a movie medium doing stuff on the level they do it in comics, that little clip you should wouldn't really hold up too well.

You're underestimating Beast here. Angel not so much. Hell, Snake won't even be a factor here. Beast should dispose of him rather quickly. One was prooving that Vulcan raven wasnt some regular human as some tried to say in another thread. he lifted that metal thing with one hand and threw it accross the room. he also has a weapon originally used for jetx to carry in his hand walking around with it like nothing. then comes the him in the freezing cold pulling ear thingy.

the Darkone
Xmen will smoke them to dust, Xmen have delt with some serios bad mofos foxhound couldn't even crack the list, Xmen have taken on Dark phoenix, Onslaught, Apocalpyse, shadow King, Sentinels, Master Mold, Hell's fire club, The Stranger, Juggernaut, Proteus, Stryfe, Nimrod, Bastion (Nimrod), Evil Mutants, Exodus etc, fox hound ain't sh** compare to this list, Xmen have better training then the miliatary itself.

Xmen 100/100

Ritoshi
Xmen will smoke them to dust, Xmen have delt with some serios bad mofos foxhound couldn't even crack the list, Xmen have taken on Dark phoenix, Onslaught, Apocalpyse, shadow King, Sentinels, Master Mold, Hell's fire club, The Stranger, Juggernaut, Proteus, Stryfe, Nimrod, Bastion (Nimrod), Evil Mutants, Exodus etc, fox hound ain't sh** compare to this list, Xmen have better training then the miliatary itself.

Xmen 100/100 Are you out of your mind. You think the xmen team in this thread can really take those people.

yeah I see it now, beast beating juggernaut in a fight and wolverine beating dark prhoenix. Wtf are you on.

DarkCrawler

Are you actually saying...that BEAST...a man who has practiced in Danger Room by dodging lasers, his teammates and another stuff since he was FIFTEEN...the most agile member of the X-Men...would be hit by a bullet? What the f**k?

the Darkone
Are you out of your mind. You think the xmen team in this thread can really take those people.

yeah I see it now, beast beating juggernaut in a fight and wolverine beating dark prhoenix. Wtf are you on.

If you any of their comics they did defeat them,barely and also they had help, most of it's by themselves. Xmen have endure battles and fights that would make fox hound sh** in their pants, Xmen would look at fox hound and lick their teeth.

Ritoshi
If you any of their comics they did defeat them,barely and also they had help, most of it's by themselves. Xmen have endure battles and fights that would make fox hound sh** in their pants, Xmen would look at fox hound and lick their teeth.

Apacolypes lets go !! *jump kicks apaco * oh shit beast punch dark phoenix *punche sdark phoenix* we won that brawl xmen...

*Sigh* Do you even know how they beat those guys. Did you read the plot...

Creshosk

There's a difference between reading and comprhehnding.

When did Wolverine ever beat Dark Phoenix?

When did Beast beat Juggernaut?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Creshosk
There's a difference between reading and comprhehnding.

When did Wolverine ever beat Dark Phoenix?

When did Beast beat Juggernaut?

As a team they beat them, nobody works better together than the xmen. Solid Snake has never seen nothing like the xmen, Jean grey will give a mental blast that would make him think he is at Magic Mountain riding colossus.

Avalonofthewind
As a team they beat them, nobody works better together than the xmen. Solid Snake has never seen nothing like the xmen, Jean grey will give a mental blast that would make him think he is at Magic Mountain riding colossus.

Solid Snake
Solidus Snake
Vamp
Grey Fox

vs

Wolverine
Beast
Angel
Colossus

Jean isn't in this fight.... confused

the Darkone
Wolverine and Colossus will kick their ass, Solidus Snake is a good soldier not peak human or eve close. Wolverine will b***h slap both of them, wolverine will cut Solidus Snake in half, logan has fought Iron man more than once.

Creshosk
As a team they beat them, he didn't say as a team. He mentioned specific team members.

Though in Dark phoenix's case nobody beat her.

Jean grey will give a mental blast that would make him think he is at Magic Mountain riding colossus.

Okay.. I KNOW that colossus is probably a roller coaster ... but the mental image of Colossus(the big metal Russian mutant) giving snake a piggyback ride is still priceless.

golem370
I think beast and Angel should be out and Gambit with is Adamantium staff put in also Agent Zero smokin'

Sam Z
Are you actually saying...that BEAST...a man who has practiced in Danger Room by dodging lasers, his teammates and another stuff since he was FIFTEEN...the most agile member of the X-Men...would be hit by a bullet? What the f**k?

I believe the most agile is Nightcrawler and yes he would, not instantly but sooner or later Snake will take him down.

Sam Z
Outstanding! Best arguments I heard all day! X-men wins because foxhound is sh!t! LOL

superbatman86
Seeing as none of the MGS team have a way to even make Colosus flinch they lose badly.

StyleTime
Gambit dances around bullets like they are nothing and he is still a peg below Beast or Nightcrawler in agility/dodging. I don't think Snake will be placing anything between Beast's eyes before Beast takes Snake's head off.
Originally posted by golem370
I think beast and Angel should be out and Gambit with is Adamantium staff put in also Agent Zero smokin'
I think Gambit should be in instead of Angel, but Beast should stay. Either way the X-Men win, it just might go faster if Gambit was helping rather than Angel.

Sam Z
Gambit dances around bullets like they are nothing and he is still a peg below Beast or Nightcrawler in agility/dodging. I don't think Snake will be placing anything between Beast's eyes before Beast takes Snake's head off.

Beast only got his bare hands to fight Snake, how exactly will he take Snake's head off?? And dodging lasers in danger room is different. A lot of people've been claiming that lasers move with the speed of light, so Beast has to move with speed of light to dodge them OR to move of their way before they are fired. I believe that second is the real explanation. And yes he dodges bullets but he wont be able to do that for long when in fights with someone like Snake. Even Punisher could shoot him down pretty fast, Snake would do that even faster.

Metalmanx
Only if you have no idea what MGS is then yes, Colossus can take them all out, but if to go by logic then Colossus wouoldn't even be able to tauch Fox, Vamp or Solidus.

No no. It's not so much that he is able to catch them himself. It's that they will attack him, not cause him any damage/harm, and then be left wiiiide open for attack. See what I mean? They attack, he is unphased, while still in attack mode, they get stomped.

Sam Z
No no. It's not so much that he is able to catch them himself. It's that they will attack him, not cause him any damage/harm, and then be left wiiiide open for attack. See what I mean? They attack, he is unphased, while still in attack mode, they get stomped.

I see what you mean but not Fox, nor Vamp would leave themselvs open for attack. They'll just be moving aroung him with speed equel to Spidey's and keep attacking him. There is nothing he could do to stop them, especially if Vamp freezes him firstly. Even Snake could avoid Colossus without big trouble.

Metalmanx
I see what you mean but not Fox, nor Vamp would leave themselvs open for attack. They'll just be moving aroung him with speed equel to Spidey's and keep attacking him. There is nothing he could do to stop them, especially if Vamp freezes him firstly. Even Snake could avoid Colossus without big trouble.

Why does everyone think that Colossus is some sort of statue when it comes to mobility and agility? He's got enhanced speed when he is armored. That, added with his honed acrobatic skills, he is more than capable of catching Snake. And yes, eventually one of the others would leave themselves open. He is fast enough to catch them after their futile attack.

Plus, with all of them attacking Colossus (since he would be the most difficult to take out), the other X-men just finish the job.

Sam Z
Why does everyone think that Colossus is some sort of statue when it comes to mobility and agility? He's got enhanced speed when he is armored. That, added with his honed acrobatic skills, he is more than capable of catching Snake. And yes, eventually one of the others would leave themselves open. He is fast enough to catch them after their futile attack.

Plus, with all of them attacking Colossus (since he would be the most difficult to take out), the other X-men just finish the job.

I do not understimate his speed but it is not comparable to Fox's or Vamp's and even Snake is fast enough to dodge him. Fox wouldn't leave himself open if fights smart but even if he somehow gets hit by Peter he'll be able to take some his punches. Same is true about Vamp. Other X-men would be beaten before MGS team attacks Colossus. Beast and Angel are going to be shot (or cut or blown) pretty fast. Wolverine wouldn't be a big threat even if Fox fights him 1 on 1.

K3VIL
I do not understimate his speed but it is not comparable to Fox's or Vamp's and even Snake is fast enough to dodge him. Fox wouldn't leave himself open if fights smart but even if he somehow gets hit by Peter he'll be able to take some his punches. Same is true about Vamp. Other X-men would be beaten before MGS team attacks Colossus. Beast and Angel are going to be shot (or cut or blown) pretty fast. Wolverine wouldn't be a big threat even if Fox fights him 1 on 1.
I like very much MGS, greatest videogame of the last 10 years to me, but man, you cannot put the characters of MG against the X-Men.
Yes, they can manage to beat the others, but how are the MGS Team members supposed to stop Colossus?
Grey Fox even with his superhuman strength plus his high frequency katana can't cut through him, Colossus took immense amount of damage and hasn't even been fazed many times.Do you believe the MGS has a chance?If they were fightning a without Peter on the X-Men, they could make it.With he on the team, they can't.

Grimm22
Wolverine's Skills >> Snake's Skills

Although, Snake has is a master h2h fighter, he only knows what he was trained by the government. While Wolverine has that and Samurai Training

Beast and Angel get owned by Fox big grin

jasofisc
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine's Skills >> Snake's Skills

Although, Snake has is a master h2h fighter, he only knows what he was trained by the government. While Wolverine has that and Samurai Training

Beast and Angel get owned by Fox big grin

agreed. fox was awsome I nearly cried when he died. .... um ..... just joking. Anyway one way wolverine can win agenst fox is to let fox impale him then when fox thinks that wolverine is dead, wolverine impales him on his claws. Vamp sucks the guy was so fast and everything but still got shot by raiden. yeah what ever he would tried to do to any of them won't do much.

K3VIL
Originally posted by jasofisc
agreed. fox was awsome I nearly cried when he died. .... um ..... just joking. Anyway one way wolverine can win agenst fox is to let fox impale him then when fox thinks that wolverine is dead, wolverine impales him on his claws. Vamp sucks the guy was so fast and everything but still got shot by raiden. yeah what ever he would tried to do to any of them won't do much.
Ehm, Fox will not just slice Wolverine once, he'll see he's not a normal man with claws from his forehands, he'll stab hi heart, throat and then repeat it until Loga is in a pool of blood.
About Fox's death, I dropped a tear.

Creshosk
Originally posted by K3VIL
Ehm, Fox will not just slice Wolverine once, he'll see he's not a normal man with claws from his forehands, he'll stab hi heart, throat and then repeat it until Loga is in a pool of blood.
About Fox's death, I dropped a tear. And Wolverine is going to just stand there?

Thanos_THOTU
Man I really love Metal Gear Solid... But damn...
The guys can be killed by bullet's... I'm sorry.

Wolverine2006

why not Wolverine has mastered every fighting style on the planet. He has over a hundred years of experience, a healing factor, unbreakable bones, animal senses, enhanced strength and claws that can cut through anything Fox has to offer.

Sam Z
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
why not Wolverine has mastered every fighting style on the planet. He has over a hundred years of experience, a healing factor, unbreakable bones, animal senses, enhanced strength and claws that can cut through anything Fox has to offer.

Why not?? Because it's A>B>C logic and it's lame. Fox is faster and MUCH stronger than Wolverine. Snake may be doesn't have as much skills as Logan but he was fighting since he was born. He also has low superhuman strength and great speed and CQC can match with every fighting style "on the planet". Snake dodges bullets and fights superstrong and fast characters h2h.

Sam Z
Originally posted by K3VIL
I like very much MGS, greatest videogame of the last 10 years to me, but man, you cannot put the characters of MG against the X-Men.
Yes, they can manage to beat the others, but how are the MGS Team members supposed to stop Colossus?
Grey Fox even with his superhuman strength plus his high frequency katana can't cut through him, Colossus took immense amount of damage and hasn't even been fazed many times.Do you believe the MGS has a chance?If they were fightning a without Peter on the X-Men, they could make it.With he on the team, they can't.

I believe that katana that cuts through metal with ease + superhuman strength would allow Fox to injure Colossus sooner or later.

DarkCrawler
Why not?? Because it's A>B>C logic and it's lame. Fox is faster and MUCH stronger than Wolverine. Snake may be doesn't have as much skills as Logan but he was fighting since he was born. He also has low superhuman strength and great speed and CQC can match with every fighting style "on the planet". Snake dodges bullets and fights superstrong and fast characters h2h.

Wolverine still beats Snake like a red-headed stepchild. ANY Snake speed, strength, fighting skill, etc. feat you can bring up will be topped by at least THREE greater Wolverine feats.

Wolverine >>> Snake.

And what I have seen from CQC it literally pales in comparision with fighting in Marvel/DC comics.

pr1983
None of them can hurt Colossus... so the X-Men...

Sam Z
Wolverine still beats Snake like a red-headed stepchild. ANY Snake speed, strength, fighting skill, etc. feat you can bring up will be topped by at least THREE greater Wolverine feats.

Wolverine >>> Snake.

And what I have seen from CQC it literally pales in comparision with fighting in Marvel/DC comics.

So beating class 100 character h2h, dodging gunfire, riding missile is not impressive for Marvel?? And CQC allows to take multiple armed soldiers with bare hands, how is it not impressive?

K3VIL
I believe that katana that cuts through metal with ease + superhuman strength would allow Fox to injure Colossus sooner or later.
Onestly, many other strong enemies armed with weapons for close quarter fight weren't able to.I believe he can stun him if he aim for the eyes, but then how are they going to stop him?A pack of C4 into his mouth?Not even that will work

Apolloknight
confused

Grey fox is class 100+ easily. He lifted Metal Gear Rex's leg which was pressing down on him, know how much Metal Gear Rex Weighs, 557 tons. yes, 557 tons.

Snake Defeated Fox, But it could be said that fox wasn't going all out (which he didn't seem like it also). Fox is fast enough to Dodge Bullets, not to mention he doesn't have to because he just blocks them with his sword (machine gun fire from multiple targets).

pr1983
Originally posted by Apolloknight
confused

Grey fox is class 100+ easily. He lifted Metal Gear Rex's leg which was pressing down on him, know how much Metal Gear Rex Weighs, 557 tons. yes, 557 tons.

Snake Defeated Fox, But it could be said that fox wasn't going all out (which he didn't seem like it also). Fox is fast enough to Dodge Bullets, not to mention he doesn't have to because he just blocks them with his sword (machine gun fire from multiple targets).

557 tons has to be an exaggeration...

Apolloknight
Originally posted by pr1983
557 tons has to be an exaggeration...

No its not actually, it really is 557 tons, Their is a site that has the status of every metal gear ever built, and rex weighs in at 557 tons.

Heck Your normal war tank weights about 70 tons, Rex is 3 times taller and slightly longer with thicker armor and more weapons.

ExtraMision5555

Cosigned

as much as i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE mgs

Colossus is just too strong for all of them, pertty much

if colossus wasnt in this fight, i could see the mgs team takeing some

the only disputaable claim is Fox VS Colossus, and fox has done some impressive strength feats

a little ambiguous going up against colossus, though
im sure colossus would kill him

pr1983
No its not actually, it really is 557 tons, Their is a site that has the status of every metal gear ever built, and rex weighs in at 557 tons.

Heck Your normal war tank weights about 70 tons, Rex is 3 times taller and slightly longer with thicker armor and more weapons.

Is this site official? Any chance of a link?

Apolloknight

http://solidsnake19148.tripod.com/metal_gear_units.html

ExtraMision5555
I can definately see Colossus doing this to grey fox
http://xdd.xanga.com/ebca4a220673073166092/b49297110.gif

pr1983

Cool site, and thx for the link, but... it doesnt strike me as being an official site, so unless it has a quote that i missed (and tell me if it does) from one of the designers or kojima himself, i'd be inclined to think that maybe 557 is a bit much... erm

and doesnt it say rex is 505 tons?

Apolloknight
Cool site, and thx for the link, but... it doesnt strike me as being an official site, so unless it has a quote that i missed (and tell me if it does) from one of the designers or kojima himself, i'd be inclined to think that maybe 557 is a bit much... erm

and doesnt it say rex is 505 tons?

Nah, it says 505,450kg which equtes to 557 tons, i didnt do the caculation myself, it was done in another Thread.

But you just have to think about it, Your normal war tank weighs around 70 tons fully equiped right? They stand at about 2.7 meters high. Rex on the other hand is 13 meters tall, and a little longer not to mention almost twice as wide as its 70 ton counterpart. Its armor is just the same and it has a rail gun mounted on its back, Rail Guns are so large and heavy they are desinged for Battleships and this tank has one on its back.

When I first saw it I was like "no way", but then when you think about it, it makes sense.

pr1983
Nah, it says 505,450kg which equtes to 557 tons, i didnt do the caculation myself, it was done in another Thread.

But you just have to think about it, Your normal war tank weighs around 70 tons fully equiped right? They stand at about 2.7 meters high. Rex on the other hand is 13 meters tall, and a little longer not to mention almost twice as wide as its 70 ton counterpart. Its armor is just the same and it has a rail gun mounted on its back, Rail Guns are so large and heavy they are desinged for Battleships and this tank has one on its back.

When I first saw it I was like "no way", but then when you think about it, it makes sense.

I suppose its possible... but i'd have to wonder about the weight distribution too... i mean, if the thing was falling on him then ok, but who's to say how much force was being exerted? I'm not trying to devalue it in the slightest (i love the metal gear games, and to me the first one is one of the best games ever made), i'm just curious...

and then there's the fact that snake beat him in combat... snake, for all his talents is still just a man... erm

ExtraMision5555
I suppose its possible... but i'd have to wonder about the weight distribution too... i mean, if the thing was falling on him then ok, but who's to say how much force was being exerted? I'm not trying to devalue it in the slightest (i love the metal gear games, and to me the first one is one of the best games ever made), i'm just curious...

and then there's the fact that snake beat him in combat... snake, for all his talents is still just a man... erm

I agree w/ the first question, he was just trying to smash him with his foot, but regardless im sure alot of force was still being applid

and to the second question,
If Grey fox truely does harbor this massive strength, the reason he probably didnt just punch snakes head off is because he respects snake, and he wanted to have a good fight. if you recall he was very "aroused" lol by the fact that snake was giving him a great fight

Apolloknight

Well snake really isn't just a man, he is more peak to enhanced human, (genes from Big Boss). Its kinda hard to judge where snake is at, he hangs with those Superhuman guys from Cobra and Foxhound, so he possibly could be slightly superhuman (cap/blade level). We are never going to know because its not his style to go around tossing Oil Drums and and steel beams at people. Again I could be wrong on this but we'll probably never know.

Also, the fact that Grey Fox did lift Rex off him doesn't mean he has Crazy durability to match, which he is no where near Colossus level when it comes to this aspect.

Edit: Well now that I think about it, he didnt get crushed under Rex's weight, meh......

ExtraMision5555

Also, the fact that Grey Fox did lift Rex off him doesn't mean he has Crazy durability to match, which he is no where near Colossus level when it comes to this aspect.

Agreed, and ide put snake around Cap level, thats a fair assessment

Metalmanx
confused

It seems that Rex's weight has fluxuated as much as Jean has died.

I remember when this thread first started, Rex weighed somewhere around 10-20 tons. And now he's up to 557 tons. Interesting.

Apolloknight
It seems that Rex's weight has fluxuated as much as Jean has died.

I remember when this thread first started, Rex weighed somewhere around 10-20 tons. And now he's up to 557 tons. Interesting.

It seems people were just guessing on its weight, without even knowing how much a tank really weighs. I feel kinda stupid also, as much as I love heavy machinery and tanks, that I didn't think it weighed more than 20 tons.

Metalmanx
It seems people were just guessing on its weight, without even knowing how much a tank really weighs. I feel kinda stupid also, as much as I love heavy machinery and tanks, that I didn't think it weighed more than 20 tons.

I still honestly don't think it weighs anywhere near 557 tons. If anything, it's about 40 tons at the most. 557 tons is literally ludicrous. Literally.

superbatman86
I still honestly don't think it weighs anywhere near 557 tons. If anything, it's about 40 tons at the most. 557 tons is literally ludicrous. Literally. Seeing as oil tankers weigh about that much I'd say it's a gross exageration.

Apolloknight
I still honestly don't think it weighs anywhere near 557 tons. If anything, it's about 40 tons at the most. 557 tons is literally ludicrous. Literally.

Sigh, Metalmanx we agree on alot of things but this time my friend your wrong, That tank weights 557tons, why is it so Ludicrous to believe, Ill prove it to you.

Did you know the worlds largest front end loader, the L-1850 , weighs in at 231,000kg, or 225 tons. Its bucket alone can pick up around 40 tons of coal in one load. Now this beast is 12 meters tall, and has no where near the same armor density as metal gear rex. not to mention the weapons, engine size, or ammo on board.

Your modern war tanks weigh in at about 70 tons fully loaded. now these tanks are only 2.7 meters in height. Rex is 13 meters tall and made of the same dense depleted uranium armor of most modern war tanks,

Originally posted by superbatman86
Seeing as oil tankers weigh about that much I'd say it's a gross exageration.

Man I love it when people talk about stuff they know nothing about, do you know a freaking oil tanker weights around 30,000 tons, yes 30,000 tons. Its freaking engine can weight 2300 tons alone.

http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/

Did you also know a fully loaded aircraft carrier weight displaces 97,000 tons of water fully loaded, the steel used to build the ship weights in at over 60,000 tons alone.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/aircraft-carrier.htm

Its not that hard to believe that Rex weights 557 tons, it is, after all a nuclear, amphibious tank designed to reaplace the worlds current tanks.

Metalmanx
No, it's still hard to believe. 557 tons is a lot. That's really all I can say about it. It's a hell of a lot. I understand the sizes and dimensions and other examples you gave me. But 557 tons is ridiculous.

Sam Z
Still Fox is clearly class 100+ and has speed and agility comparable to Spider-man's and sword that cuts metal with ease. This all combined is enough to put him against Colossus. And humans in mgs are clearly not ordinary, even Olga that is not a match for Snake can delflect bullets with sword. Snake dodges bullets and h2h defeated Grey Fox, and Fox wasn't going easy on him, it's not true. He many times tried to cut his head of. Besides Snake has superhuman durability seeing how he takes all explosions in the cutscenes and kicks from Fox. So MGS has good chances of winning this.

superbatman86
Sigh, Metalmanx we agree on alot of things but this time my friend your wrong, That tank weights 557tons, why is it so Ludicrous to believe, Ill prove it to you.

Did you know the worlds largest front end loader, the L-1850 , weighs in at 231,000kg, or 225 tons. Its bucket alone can pick up around 40 tons of coal in one load. Now this beast is 12 meters tall, and has no where near the same armor density as metal gear rex. not to mention the weapons, engine size, or ammo on board.

Your modern war tanks weigh in at about 70 tons fully loaded. now these tanks are only 2.7 meters in height. Rex is 13 meters tall and made of the same dense depleted uranium armor of most modern war tanks,

Man I love it when people talk about stuff they know nothing about, do you know a freaking oil tanker weights around 30,000 tons, yes 30,000 tons. Its freaking engine can weight 2300 tons alone.

http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/

Did you also know a fully loaded aircraft carrier weight displaces 97,000 tons of water fully loaded, the steel used to build the ship weights in at over 60,000 tons alone.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/aircraft-carrier.htm

Its not that hard to believe that Rex weights 557 tons, it is, after all a nuclear, amphibious tank designed to reaplace the worlds current tanks. TT Jahre Viking the largest oil tanker in the world weighs in at 564,763 tonnes.

ExtraMision5555
Still Fox is clearly class 100+ and has speed and agility comparable to Spider-man's and sword that cuts metal with ease. This all combined is enough to put him against Colossus. And humans in mgs are clearly not ordinary, even Olga that is not a match for Snake can delflect bullets with sword. Snake dodges bullets and h2h defeated Grey Fox, and Fox wasn't going easy on him, it's not true. He many times tried to cut his head of. Besides Snake has superhuman durability seeing how he takes all explosions in the cutscenes and kicks from Fox. So MGS has good chances of winning this.

i mustly agree with your pust

With prep, the could take down colossus, but they dont, so they would be completely blindsided -- and killed, by his sheer strength. Colossus'es durability is astonishing.

i apologize for the pun. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.