The Green Lantern vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
I have heard many people contest that a blood-lusted green lantern is Skyfather level, and after looking over the Green Lantern respect thread, I might just have to agree. What do you all think? Can a Green Lantern take THE skyfather? Would it make a difference whether it was Alan, Kyle, Hal, John?

Soleran
Skyfathers don't get the same representation that Green Lanterns do and most of the time Sky-Fathers don't bother with the same type of problems GL's do.

He-guy88
i say gls got a real good shot almost i say kyle and hal have the best shot at it

DigiMark007
It's possible, but unlikely.

I'd give a good GL (Alan, Hal, maybe Kyle/Guy) anywhere from 0/10 to 5/10 against The Man. But most of those high end feats aren't the norm for GL's, and they'd have to stay at or above Skyfather level for a extended fight just to have a chance. It's one thing to have a passionate burst of a feat that exceeds Skyfather, but it's entirely another to maintain that level for a prolonged fight.

Super-pissed or inspired GL = somewhere around 2 or 3/10. But Odin's way too powerful to go down too often.

He-guy88
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I'd give a good GL (Alan, Hal, maybe Kyle/Guy) anywhere from 0/10 to 5/10 against The Man. But most of those high end feats aren't the norm for GL's, and they'd have to stay at or above Skyfather level for a extended fight just to have a chance. It's one thing to have a passionate burst of a feat that exceeds Skyfather, but it's entirely another to maintain that level for a prolonged fight.

Super-pissed or inspired GL = somewhere around 2 or 3/10. But Odin's way too powerful to go down too often.

i agree but i say gls super pissed would get at least 5/10
also if kyle could get his ring to be at that lv he could keep it their cause he does not need it to recarge it always has spare energy thats how he made it. to get it back to full power yes he recharges but non the less it still always has spare power so he can keep going non stoped

Big Sexy
Put Odin in asgard and a gl is boned

Soljer
Thinking about it in an A > B > C situation, I've always heard Skyfather's referred to as above Heralds, and many would argue for weeks that the Surfer could take out any Green Lantern.

I don't know for sure, though. I don't think it would be a 10/10. I would definitely give a Lantern like Hal at least 1 or 2.

He-guy88
i say someone as good as hal gets at least 5/10 hes done to mainy awsome feats to not get at least that high i think u people can agree with me on that and if not i can list some of those feats if u wouled like

Big Sexy
Originally posted by He-guy88
i say someone as good as hal gets at least 5/10 hes done to mainy awsome feats to not get at least that high i think u people can agree with me on that and if not i can list some of those feats if u wouled like
Dude no way. Hal is great buts hes not talking 5 against a skyfather

juggernaut66666
Non of them can beat Odin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Big Sexy

co-signed.

Alan doesn't re-charge either, unless my continuity's all mixed up. It's simply a part of him. And Kyle not having to recharge would definitely help. But then there's his loss to Surfer in the crossover to consider....it was early in his career, so I'd honestly put him slightly higher than Surfer now, but I still can't see him (or any of them) taking more than a couple out of 10 from Odin. The 'maintaining' issue I talked about earlier is the chief reason for that.

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Cosign. However, Mogo takes Odin to school. wink

Big Sexy
It depends concerning the silver surfer. He has the same problem as Superman and he is always holding back.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
However, Mogo takes Odin to school. wink

Hahaha. Truth.

He-guy88

ok here

hal brought the entire 3600 corps to its knees

beat the gardaions of the universe ass'es

save'ed the entire world by him self with the corps power witch in case u did not know is the most amazing because paralex was a yellow demon that the gardiaons imprisoned in the main power battery thats y ther was a weakness to yellow and hal was taken over by that demon and it wasent him doing those bad things when he was paralex and yet hals will power was strong enough to over come that demon in the end and save the world from the sun
and now hes going to take on ion

Validus
ok here

hal brought the entire 3600 corps to its knees

beat the gardaions of the universe ass'es

No and hell no. A majority of the Corps were away from Oa and in their sector during Emerald Twilight. Granted he beat Kilowog and Sinestro but they took him to the limits. The Guardians just stood around watching. All in all he probably took on around 2 dozen Lanterns judging by the rings he started taking and wearing which he did about half way through.

He-guy88
No and hell no. A majority of the Corps were away from Oa and in their sector during Emerald Twilight. Granted he beat Kilowog and Sinestro but they took him to the limits. The Guardians just stood around watching. All in all he probably took on around 2 dozen Lanterns judging by the rings he started taking and wearing which he did about half way through.

when he took those gls and took the power battery power that took the rest of them down so i belive its yes and hell yes and i dont here u debating the other fact

Validus
when he took those gls and took the power battery power that took the rest of them down
I know that but thats not the same as directly facing all 3600 + Sinestro + the Guardians in combat. If he did that he would have lost without a doubt just like anyone else. You're grossly mistaken if you think Hal is any kind of match for a Guardian of the Universe.

Hell, even Hal overcoming Parallax during The Final Night was thanks in part to Ganthet.

He-guy88
I know that but thats not the same as directly facing all 3600 + Sinestro + the Guardians in combat. If he did that he would have lost without a doubt just like anyone else. You're grossly mistaken if you think Hal is any kind of match for a Guardian of the Universe.

Hell, even Hal overcoming Parallax during The Final Night was thanks in part to Ganthet.

ur mistaken if u think hes not u see the guardians dont fight back and even if they did u see their power is focaused in to the main power battery and if they tryed to fight then they could not do as much as hal could for that long of a time i have the issue of final night it shows parallax saveing them not ganthet

Validus
ur mistaken if u think hes not u see the guardians dont fight back and even if they did u see their power is focaused in to the main power battery and if they tryed to fight then they could not do as much as hal could for that long of a time i have the issue of final night it shows parallax saveing them not ganthet

1. The Guardians energy is not tied to the CPB. The reason they died in Emerald Twilight was because they gave their energy to Ganthet. Hal absorbing the power battery had nothing to do with it.

2. Their lazy nature doesn't do anything to detract from their power level. When they have fought they won with ease. They slaughtered the entiire Burning Martians race with ease and turned them into a science project. Compare this with John Stewart's performance against Fernus where he was owned in a few panels. Granted Hal is better than John but they play in the same ballpark.

3. Prior to the Final Night, Ganthet attached himself to Hal in order to deal with the Parallax problem himself. The reason Hal was himself in Final Night was credited to Ganthet helping him out. He was doing the same task Spectre did in Green Lantern: Rebirth except he ran out of time before he was able to finish the process.

He-guy88
they gave their energy to Ganthet.

thats bull right their he they made kyles ring thats were their energy went to

Validus
they gave their energy to Ganthet.

thats bull right their he they made kyles ring thats were their energy went to
confused

The art and dialogue is pretty clear on this.

"You, Ganthet, are the one."
*Energy flows directly from the Guardians into Ganthet*

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/6813/greenlantern199450pg24257dy.th.jpg

The ring given to Kyle is the very same ring Hal wore for years. Ganthet just fixed it up after Hal stepped on it. Ask yourself why it would take the sacrifice of a dozen Guardians to create ONE power ring when theres currently 7200 floating around space. You think theres hundreds of thousands of dead Guardian bodies laying on Oa right now?

TheKahn
Well, I think all the important points as to why Odin should take a majority have already been stated but there a couple of minor points to consider. First (assuming that it isn't simply hyperbole) Odin has stated that he draws his power from a nearly unlimited source of energy which gives him a distinct advantage against a standard GL. Second, Odin created Mjolnir which can give a GL ring a run for it's money in terms of high-end feats. And lastly, Odin would have an unbelievably large advantage in terms of experience thanks to his longer lifespan.

He-guy88
Originally posted by TheKahn
Well, I think all the important points as to why Odin should take a majority have already been stated but there a couple of minor points to consider. First (assuming that it isn't simply hyperbole) Odin has stated that he draws his power from a nearly unlimited source of energy which gives him a distinct advantage against a standard GL. Second, Odin created Mjolnir which can give a GL ring a run for it's money in terms of high-end feats. And lastly, Odin would have an unbelievably large advantage in terms of experience thanks to his longer lifespan.

well i belive ion even current takes it 5.5/10

grey fox
Odin whomps on 99% of the corps with Ion being the 1% who may give him some trouble.

Validus
Ion hasn't done anything to say he takes Odin unless we're talking Jurgens Odin who said he was planetary in power level.

Mider
it would take a HIGHLY advanced GL to beat odin one guy fought parallax to a stand still under his own power just with his GL no power ups it would take a guy like that to beat odin, all the GL's have the potentail to become like Ion sooooooo they might win but they would take FOREVER to get to that level almost

Tron
Although they could give a good showing, I seriously doubt any Good GL takes the majority against someone like Odin. Alan in Sentinal mode has the best shot.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Tron
Although they could give a good showing, I seriously doubt any Good GL takes the majority against someoen like Odin. Alan in Sentinal mode has the best shot.

im not saying majority im saying at least 5/10 ill even say 4/10

Big Sexy
Dude, Odin is the same huy that ko surfer in two hits. There have been long arguement on a battle between a gl and surfer, I doubt he would do much better.

He-guy88
Dude, Odin is the same huy that ko surfer in two hits. There have been long arguement on a battle between a gl and surfer, I doubt he would do much better.

kyle rayner compleaty out classes ss now he never runs out of power and no weakness to his ring

Mr. Universe
Odin rapes any GL.

Big Sexy
kyle rayner compleaty out classes ss now he never runs out of power and no weakness to his ring
whatever, check the surfers respect thread.

He-guy88
whatever, check the surfers respect thread.

even if ss has unlimited power to then its about who is stronger willed not by power but by willing to stay and fight kyle lost his powers in an else world comic he fought damn its been so long since iv read it but anyway a guy that has super sonic powers kyle still fought him even with a board sticking straight through stomic and back he still lived till he won thats with no powers

Big Sexy
Dude this has been argued for a long time. Find the link and start it again if you want. But hes not stoppin odin. Surter would murder a gl

He-guy88
Dude this has been argued for a long time. Find the link and start it again if you want. But hes not stoppin odin. Surter would murder a gl

he could have beat old kyle not new and for odin sure he wins or maybe ties never said gl wins just defending him hal 4 or 5/10

Big Sexy
Dude, I'm not so sure about Kyle beating surfer. Its still close and Surfer has the damn Superman problem where he holds back to everyone.

and hal is not beating Odin.

He-guy88
Dude, I'm not so sure about Kyle beating surfer. Its still close and Surfer has the damn Superman problem where he holds back to everyone.

and hal is not beating Odin.

i agree hals not the strongest but hes the best one of them
and if u cant tell i like kyle more then hal thats y i know more about him then the others all though i do know a good bit about them im not braggin or nothing im just pointing out y i know more about kyle then the others smile

roughrider
Alan Scott is in a different category, because of magic based power. At full potential, well...

The others? Take this example. Thanos was just barely hanging on in his match against Odin. Can anyone say these lanterns can take Thanos? Say it out loud, see how it sounds.

Didn't think so.

Validus
Originally posted by roughrider
Alan Scott is in a different category, because of magic based power. At full potential, well...

The others? Take this example. Thanos was just barely hanging on in his match against Odin. Can anyone say these lanterns can take Thanos? Say it out loud, see how it sounds.

Didn't think so.
A Lantern could take Thanos. Not a majority or anything but it's clearly not impossible looking at their best feats. I don't think he'd take too well to having a quasar opened on his face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.