Silver Samurai vs. Grey Fox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Apolloknight
Just thinking of a decent fight for my first thread in this forum. So who wins?

I think Samurai has him in the strength deparment by a bit, but i believe fox to be much faster, but then again ,Samuari, with his ring can teleport so i dont know.

I have this one going either way....

grey fox
Definetly fox.

Reasons.

Strength - More or less equals out , Fox was lifting Rex , which at that point looked as if it weighed 5-10 ton's .

Speed - Definitely Fox , he was dodging bullets with relative ease and blocking machine gun fire . Samurai has human speed and reaction times

Wild Cards - Samurai's teleportation , although samurai has to actually twist the ring for it to work , and in the time it's taken him to do that Fox could already have turned him into dog food.

Samurai's powers are a bit of a pain , but with Fox's long range (Laser blaster) attacks he could probably take the win.

King_Mungi
I wonder if Silver Samurai will get his hand back

grey fox
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I wonder if Silver Samurai will get his hand back

If they do then I will lose what little respect i have left for Marvel, every character and their bloody grandmothers have a damn healing factor now... it's dumb .

King_Mungi
Hey it's the "in-power", you don't want to be left out.

grey fox
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Hey it's the "in-power", you don't want to be left out.

I bet if you were given the choice you would rather pick Tarnaq over a HF.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by grey fox
I bet if you were given the choice you would rather pick Tarnaq over a HF.

of course, but Tanaraq has a healing factor stick out tongue

TheKahn
Definetly fox.

Reasons.

Strength - More or less equals out , Fox was lifting Rex , which at that point looked as if it weighed 5-10 ton's .

Speed - Definitely Fox , he was dodging bullets with relative ease and blocking machine gun fire . Samurai has human speed and reaction times

Wild Cards - Samurai's teleportation , although samurai has to actually twist the ring for it to work , and in the time it's taken him to do that Fox could already have turned him into dog food.

Samurai's powers are a bit of a pain , but with Fox's long range (Laser blaster) attacks he could probably take the win.

I have a question, according to this site the Metal Gear Rex weighs 505,450kg which is about 557 tons (US).
http://solidsnake19148.tripod.com/metal_gear_units.html

So how was Fox able to lift even a part of it?

grey fox
Originally posted by TheKahn
I have a question, according to this site the Metal Gear Rex weighs 505,450kg which is about 557 tons (US).

Uber strength, he's outclassed Samurai in the strength department now , Thanks Khan. evil face

DarkCrawler
Was he lifting it or just holding it? Because I recall him holding it in the place, and struggling, in the same style as Spider-Man was holding Daily Bugle...impressive nonetheless.

Sam Z
Originally posted by TheKahn

He did lift it leg while Rex was pressing on him. Grey Fox assumed a little bit wrong, Fox is much over class 10.

grey fox
Meh , my assumptions were based on an inaccurate guess on the weight of the entire unit.

Apolloknight
557 TONS, WOOOOW

And if i recall correctly Rex was also pushing down on Fox, and fox was struggling to move his arm, but he still did it, holy hell.

What class you would you guys put him in now?

grey fox
I'd personally say 100+ but maybe that's pushing it slightly ?

Apolloknight
I'd personally say 100+ but maybe that's pushing it slightly ?

You could be right, so fox is able to move a 557 ton tanks arm, while the arm is pushing down on him with even more hydraulic force. Maybe foxes Cyber suit has mini hydraulic's in it also.

Anybody have the specs on Foxes Cyber Suit???

grey fox
All i could find was this...

Sam Z
And people respect Snake, he beat Fox h2h.
So enough of Snake vs Punisher or Nightwing crap cool

The Fake Macoy
There was no evidence that Fox didn't just turn off his suits extra abilities during that fight. I see no way that Snake could beat him if he was using his full strength.

Milkie
He was holding back duh

srankmissingnin
http://forum.jogos.uol.com.br/viewtopic.php?t=422977&start=0&

That site says REX weighs 505.450 kg not 505,450 kg...

I sincerely doubt the accuracy of the weight from either site.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

That site says REX weighs 505.450 kg not 505,450 kg...

I sincerely doubt the accuracy of the weight from either site.

Ok here is the specs on the M1A1 main battle tank

Designation: M1A1 Abrams
Contractor: Chrysler
Service Date: 1980
Type: Main Battle Tank (MBT)
Accommodation: 4 (Commander, Gunner, Loader and Driver)
Length: 25.9 ft (7.9 m)
Width: 11.9 ft (3.7 m)
Height: 9.5 ft (2.9 m)
Weight: 125,890 lbs (57,154 kg)

PERFORMANCE: ARMAMENT:
Powerplant: Textron Lycoming AGT-1500 gas-turbine; 1,500 bhp at 30,000 rpm.

Max Speed: 41 mph (67 kmh)
Max Range: 300 miles (480 km)
1 x M256 Rheinmetall 120mm Smoothbore gun
1 x M240 7.62mm co-axial machine gun
1 x M2 12.7mm
1 x M240 7.62mm anti-aircraft machinegun

Ok, note that the M1 is 2.9 meters high, 7.9m long, and weights in at about 65 tons, (57,149kg). Its armor is made of 3-5 layers or different types of steel encasing depleted Uranium.

The Rex is 12m tall and 18.9 meters long. It says its armor is classified, but it can be argued that that tank, designed to replace all other tanks, is equipped with the same armor of the Abrams, if not better.

To say this beast weight only 505kg, (the weight of a formula one car) is crazy, this beast weight 550+ tons.

Heck i bet its rail gun weights more then 505kg, and Rail guns are supposed to be mounted on Battleships for the navy.

Sam Z
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
There was no evidence that Fox didn't just turn off his suits extra abilities during that fight. I see no way that Snake could beat him if he was using his full strength.

confused What for?? It's like saying that Colossus in fight with Gladiator should've turned in his human form.
During the fight Fox was performing things that no ordinary man can do, so no, he was fighting at full potential.
Besides Fox can't just turn OFF his suit.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Was he lifting it or just holding it? Because I recall him holding it in the place, and struggling, in the same style as Spider-Man was holding Daily Bugle...impressive nonetheless.

Spider-Man was holding Daily Bugle but that doesn't make him Class 100+...so I'd just want a specifics on this...huh

Or do I recall the Spidey incident wrong?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Ok here is the specs on the M1A1 main battle tank

Designation: M1A1 Abrams
Contractor: Chrysler
Service Date: 1980
Type: Main Battle Tank (MBT)
Accommodation: 4 (Commander, Gunner, Loader and Driver)
Length: 25.9 ft (7.9 m)
Width: 11.9 ft (3.7 m)
Height: 9.5 ft (2.9 m)
Weight: 125,890 lbs (57,154 kg)

PERFORMANCE: ARMAMENT:
Powerplant: Textron Lycoming AGT-1500 gas-turbine; 1,500 bhp at 30,000 rpm.

Max Speed: 41 mph (67 kmh)
Max Range: 300 miles (480 km)
1 x M256 Rheinmetall 120mm Smoothbore gun
1 x M240 7.62mm co-axial machine gun
1 x M2 12.7mm
1 x M240 7.62mm anti-aircraft machinegun

Ok, note that the M1 is 2.9 meters high, 7.9m long, and weights in at about 65 tons, (57,149kg). Its armor is made of 3-5 layers or different types of steel encasing depleted Uranium.

The Rex is 12m tall and 18.9 meters long. It says its armor is classified, but it can be argued that that tank, designed to replace all other tanks, is equipped with the same armor of the Abrams, if not better.

To say this beast weight only 505kg, (the weight of a formula one car) is crazy, this beast weight 550+ tons.

Heck i bet its rail gun weights more then 505kg, and Rail guns are supposed to be mounted on Battleships for the navy.

Rex weighs 557 tons, Fox moved rex leg off him, struggling yes, but he did it, Rex was also pushing down on Fox.

How much more proof does anybody need??????

Sam Z
Spider-Man was holding Daily Bugle but that doesn't make him Class 100+...so I'd just want a specifics on this...huh

Or do I recall the Spidey incident wrong?

He wasn't holding bugle, he was only supporting one beam and class 10 was obviously enough for that while Fox stopped Rex foot on its way to step on Snake.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Sam Z
And people respect Snake, he beat Fox h2h.
So enough of Snake vs Punisher or Nightwing crap cool

Pfft. Batman beat a demonized Wonder Woman, Solomon Grundy, Doomsday clones...etc...

Doesn't mean that he is Class 100+ himself.

Snake still hasn't shown anything that would led me believe that he couldn't be beaten by Nightwing or Batman...

Sam Z
Pfft. Batman beat a demonized Wonder Woman, Solomon Grundy, Doomsday clones...etc...

Doesn't mean that he is Class 100+ himself.

Snake still hasn't shown anything that would led me believe that he couldn't be beaten by Nightwing or Batman...

Batman never beat them h2h and Batman is one of the most PISfull characters ever anyway and I never said Snake was class 100 coz he isn't but Fox is and Snake beat him.

DarkCrawler
Batman never beat them h2h and Batman is one of the most PISfull characters ever anyway and I never said Snake was class 100 coz he isn't but Fox is and Snake beat him.

So when Snake beats a Class 100, it's not PIS, when Batman does, it is...?

I don't think Plot Induced Stupidity appears only in comic books...

Sam Z
So when Snake beats a Class 100, it's not PIS, when Batman does, it is...?

I don't think Plot Induced Stupidity appears only in comic books...

It usualy appears only when two popular characters fight each other in crossovers to show one of them a badass and there are dozens of examples. Snake became popular after first MGS so there were no reason for PIS. He just taugh enough to handle Fox and other very strong and fast characters.

DarkCrawler
It usualy appears only when two popular characters fight each other in crossovers to show one of them a badass and there are dozens of examples. Snake became popular after first MGS so there were no reason for PIS. He just taugh enough to handle Fox and other very strong and fast characters. Being tough enough isn't really enough to handle someone who is hundreds of times stronger then you...no, I think a highly trained soldier with mild superhuman powers defeating someone like Gray Fox is either PIS, or Fox wasn't fighting for real...

Sam Z
Being tough enough isn't really enough to handle someone who is hundreds of times stronger then you...no, I think a highly trained soldier with mild superhuman powers defeating someone like Gray Fox is either PIS, or Fox wasn't fighting for real...

What do you mean wasn't fighting for real?? Holding back? what for?
Snake is not just taugh soldier. He may not be able to lift a lot of weight but he is still a not ordinarry fast and strong fighter. Remember how he send Liquid flying with an upercought. He flew like 5 feet up and 10 away. And you don't assume that Nightwing hanging with Deathstroke was PIS why this fight is then?
Bats fights with Wonderwome or Supes are PIS because they are million times stronger and faster than him.

DarkCrawler
What do you mean wasn't fighting for real?? Holding back? what for?
Snake is not just taugh soldier. He may not be able to lift a lot of weight but he is still a not ordinarry fast and strong fighter. Remember how he send Liquid flying with an upercought. He flew like 5 feet up and 10 away. And you don't assume that Nightwing hanging with Deathstroke was PIS why this fight is then?
Bats fights with Wonderwome or Supes are PIS because they are million times stronger and faster than him.

But I do think that Nightwing hanging with Deathstroke is PIS, so is Snake defeating Gray Fox. But, if you are going to use highest showings of Snake, I have the right to use them for Batman/Nightwing/other characters...

And sending someone fly feet is a mild superhuman power in comics...erm

Sam Z
But I do think that Nightwing hanging with Deathstroke is PIS, so is Snake defeating Gray Fox. But, if you are going to use highest showings of Snake, I have the right to use them for Batman/Nightwing/other characters...

And sending someone fly feet is a mild superhuman power in comics...erm

It didn't seemed to me that you was talking about NW's fight as of PIS before confused

This is not like "if you use I use". Batman had hundreds issues that show all his powers limits, so comparing to them whenever he does something he usually is not supposed to do it is PIS. But Snake never showed his limit while fighting somebody. The first time he appeared he kicked Fox ass so we must assume that this is how he is.

grey fox
Look , it's blatantly obvious Fox wasn't using his strength, but more over his skill during the fight. His body was rejecting the exo-skeleton and he was half-mad with pain anyway.

Sam Z
When he send Snake sliding along the room with a kick he was using his strength.

DarkCrawler
It didn't seemed to me that you was talking about NW's fight as of PIS before confused

This is not like "if you use I use". Batman had hundreds issues that show all his powers limits, so comparing to them whenever he does something he usually is not supposed to do it is PIS. But Snake never showed his limit while fighting somebody. The first time he appeared he kicked Fox ass so we must assume that this is how he is.

Snake has never showed powerlevel like that in any other fights he's had...

DarkCrawler
When he send Snake sliding along the room with a kick he was using his strength.

You realize how far the kick would have sent him if he had REALLY used 500ton class force...?

Sam Z
Snake has never showed powerlevel like that in any other fights he's had...

He hadn't any other chance to show it and the only time he did he was like this so we should assume THIS is the way he is.

Sam Z
You realize how far the kick would have sent him if he had REALLY used 500ton class force...?

It looked very convincing. Fox jumped and kicked him, the kick was more coming from up to down and Snake blocked it so he didn't flew away but slided across the room. How many times Hulk punched Wolverine, Logan nenver flew far away.

Apolloknight

I don't think Fox has 500 ton class force, as i Said earlier, He just barely moved one leg of rex off him, I think Foxes strength is in the 50~100 class range (just my guess).

From this you could speculate snake, also being an enhanced human, to be able to lift as least a couple of tons. I mean he had to be able to harm Fox right.

Thing is, we will never know, I mean we all know snake is VERY fast, he took down, 5 enhanced soldiers plus Ocelet, and dodged their gun fire, he had to be even faster then boss to beat her (or at least smarter, or maybe more technique in H2H).

Snake hasn't shown any signs of strength, besides beating Fox in H2H combat. Just simply, its not his style to show off his strength, Snake, being a spacial force operative, was taught to get in, and get out, without anyone even knowing he was there, and to kill the enemy if there was no other option.

If he goes in tossing Trees and Oil drums at people, that kinda defeats the purpose of all his training you think???

DarkCrawler
He hadn't any other chance to show it and the only time he did he was like this so we should assume THIS is the way he is.

So...in the fight against any other bosses...he simply did not want to show this powerlevel because...?

This is the only time he DID something like this, you are right there. Since it's the only time out of all the fights Snake had...

It looked very convincing. Fox jumped and kicked him, the kick was more coming from up to down and Snake blocked it so he didn't flew away but slided across the room. How many times Hulk punched Wolverine, Logan nenver flew far away.

Yeah, but REALISTICALLY, that kick would have sent him fly a lot farther if it truly was full power. Thats why we can't quantify it from the flight...so we have no way of knowing if he was kicking him with full power or not. Snake wasn't hurt really, so I doubt that he was.

Sam Z
So...in the fight against any other bosses...he simply did not want to show this powerlevel because...?

This is the only time he DID something like this, you are right there. Since it's the only time out of all the fights Snake had...

Because that was the only h2h fight in the game (another one with Liquid but there were no way to judge how strong one comparing to another since they were just equel) so in the only fight he had he was like that so it means this is the way he fights.

Yeah, but REALISTICALLY, that kick would have sent him fly a lot farther if it truly was full power. Thats why we can't quantify it from the flight...so we have no way of knowing if he was kicking him with full power or not. Snake wasn't hurt really, so I doubt that he was.

That was realistically, it send him sliding like 30 feet away and only because Snake blocked it and because Fox kicked from up to down so Snake was partly pushed to the ground. Snake wasn't hurt because of his durability and there was NO logical explanation why should Fox fight not at full strength.

DarkCrawler
Because that was the only h2h fight in the game (another one with Liquid but there were no way to judge how strong one comparing to another since they were just equel) so in the only fight he had he was like that so it means this is the way he fights.

So he is Fox level in strength? Speed? Durability? Because he never shows any of these traits in other points of the game. Majority of the time he is like a highly trained soldier with mild superhuman powers. He never really shows even Class 1 strength outside that fight.

That was realistically, it send him sliding like 30 feet away and only because Snake blocked it and because Fox kicked from up to down so Snake was partly pushed to the ground. Snake wasn't hurt because of his durability and there was NO logical explanation why should Fox fight not at full strength.

Realistically a kick from Class 100 would sent you through a wall or splatter you to it. Snake still isn't bulletproof for what I know, so realistically he can't take a full punch/kick from a Class 100...

It wasn't realistic/he wasn't fighting Snake with full power.

The Fake Macoy
So let me get this straight... Snake now is able to fight people who have easily stop bullets and hold up Metal Gear? Also, since Fox wanted a final fight with Snake, I highly doubt that he would have gone in using a huge advantage.

Sam Z
So he is Fox level in strength? Speed? Durability? Because he never shows any of these traits in other points of the game. Majority of the time he is like a highly trained soldier with mild superhuman powers. He never really shows even Class 1 strength outside that fight.
No he isn't but so isn't Spider-man when fighting most of his enemies.
That he never lifts anything doesn't mean anything. He shows his superhuman abilities almost in every cutscene actually. His speed, durability and reflexes.

Realistically a kick from Class 100 would sent you through a wall or splatter you to it. Snake still isn't bulletproof for what I know, so realistically he can't take a full punch/kick from a Class 100...

It wasn't realistic/he wasn't fighting Snake with full power.
Makes no sense, tell me why would he go easy on Snake???
It was realistically, again he kicked from up to down, so Snake just couldn't fly far of the kick. From what we seen he CAN take that class punch and there is NO other proofs or source to argue that.

Sam Z
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
So let me get this straight... Snake now is able to fight people who have easily stop bullets and hold up Metal Gear? Also, since Fox wanted a final fight with Snake, I highly doubt that he would have gone in using a huge advantage.

From what we seen he can fight. Man even raiden stops the bullets.

TheBadguy
I was under the impression Fox was holding back against snake, it was pretty obvious to me that he wanted snake to kill him. Not takin anything away from Snake, he still kicks punishers ass to pieces.

Sam Z
Originally posted by TheBadguy
I was under the impression Fox was holding back against snake, it was pretty obvious to me that he wanted snake to kill him.

So that's why he tried to cut Snake's head off for a couple of times?

Originally posted by TheBadguy
Not takin anything away from Snake, he still kicks punishers ass to pieces.

Tis true.

Tank_6603
Solid Snake would get wrecked by any class 100 lifter punching him at full strength, I remeber while playing snake would die rather easily from a few gunshots. he's not that great when compared to TRUE comic book superheroes, and him beating Grey Fox was PIS and I don't care if he was "kicking from up to down "ANY kick from a class 100 lifter directed at snake would have sent him through five walls of concrete and he would be DEAD even with his puny little arms "blocking" it. You are just not thinking clearly, Snake isn't invunerable, he doesn't have superhuman strength, He's fast enough to take out those guys because he is peak human performance and was trained alot better than them. They implanted no "x-gene" into him to make him superhuman , he's just a clone of another peak human who was just as mortal as he is.

Sam Z
Originally posted by Tank_6603
Solid Snake would get wrecked by any class 100 lifter punching him at full strength, I remeber while playing snake would die rather easily from a few gunshots. he's not that great when compared to TRUE comic book superheroes, and him beating Grey Fox was PIS and I don't care if he was "kicking from up to down "ANY kick from a class 100 lifter directed at snake would have sent him through five walls of concrete and he would be DEAD even with his puny little arms "blocking" it. You are just not thinking clearly, Snake isn't invunerable, he doesn't have superhuman strength, He's fast enough to take out those guys because he is peak human performance and was trained alot better than them. They implanted no "x-gene" into him to make him superhuman , he's just a clone of another peak human who was just as mortal as he is.

This all is based on assumptions, you judge of how Snake durable is by the gameplay what is wrong, coz during the gameplay Snake can be shot 5 times in the head and he survives. You can't explain why is it PIS. The first time we see Snake on the screen he takes Fox's punches so you can't judge if this is PIS or not because that is how he was when he was created. Konami made him that durable and strong. And how can you say he doesn't have super strength or speed? You really think x-gene is the only way to be superhuman? This is not marvel universe he is just not ordinary human. He dodge bullets fights class 100 guys and beats dozens of soldier without trouble he is NOT just pick human. Try to realise it.

Tank_6603
Grammar crits Sam Z for 1500 hp
Sam Z dies

Solid snake shouldn't even be on these forums imo.

Sam Z
Grammar crits Sam Z for 1500 hp
Sam Z dies

Solid snake shouldn't even be on these forums imo.

Try to explain your opinion instead of laughing at my grammar. stick out tongue
And there are MGS comicbooks.

Ritoshi
Wasn't mantis messing with fox's head in that fight and fox didnt us ehis sword ?

Tank_6603
There are also Sooby Doo comics. This doesn't mean that Scooby Doo is a comic book character. Solid Snake is not a comic book hero in my eyes. GTFO

Sam Z
There are also Sooby Doo comics. This doesn't mean that Scooby Doo is a comic book character. Solid Snake is not a comic book hero in my eyes. GTFO

So he shouldn't be on this forum because Mr. Tank does not like him?... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tank_6603
He shouldn't be on this forum because he's not a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER. and btw I love MGS It's the only reason i'm going to buy a ps3. You assume to much, I just feel that Solid Snake goes against the rules of the forum. I've had a thread closed for mentioning jedi's even tho there have been and probably still are star wars comics. Solid Snake does not reach us thru comics he's a videogame character.

Ritoshi
He shouldn't be on this forum because he's not a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER. and btw I love MGS It's the only reason i'm going to buy a ps3. You assume to much, I just feel that Solid Snake goes against the rules of the forum. I've had a thread closed for mentioning jedi's even tho there have been and probably still are star wars comics. Solid Snake does not reach us thru comics he's a videogame character. Stop being a ***** and making spite thread though flooding the forums...just PM Digi instead of acting like a child.

Tank_6603
cry more, I'm not breaking any rules. I really think Scooby stands a chance

Ritoshi
cry more, I'm not breaking any rules. I really think Scooby stands a chance Bitter no expression

Mr.V
You do understand what happened to the last guy who made lots of threads to make a point? Yahman? well..you can find out for yourself...

Sam Z
He shouldn't be on this forum because he's not a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER. and btw I love MGS It's the only reason i'm going to buy a ps3. You assume to much, I just feel that Solid Snake goes against the rules of the forum. I've had a thread closed for mentioning jedi's even tho there have been and probably still are star wars comics. Solid Snake does not reach us thru comics he's a videogame character.

Who cares what you feel if Digi allowed Snake threads? And making scoobi doo thread to express your opinion was lame. Snake is just a great charcter for vs threads. He has speed, strength and exp. And what is more important Gigi's approval. And if you really like MGS how can you call Snake an ordinary pick human?

Big Sexy
Silver Samurai will be missing more than a hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.