Season Finale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
Best episode ever.

What made me think the most, was in Desmond's flashback where he was with Libby. I also noticed Libby in the mental hospital with Hurley.
When Desmond asked Libby what her husband's name was, she replied "David."

ILoveMyDaniel
I agree, definately the best episode of the season!

drwerwer
was libby the girl who gave desmond the boat

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by drwerwer
was libby the girl who gave desmond the boat

Yes

Punker69
I have a few questions.

I haven't been watching the show for months but I did watch the season finale on ABC.COM for fun. Anyways,

What happened to Locke? Why is he all of sudden losing his faith in everything?

What ever happened to the "army" Jack and Lucia where raising?

Why did Michael kill Ana-Lucia and Libby?

What was Desmond putting the key into the keyhole and turning it at the end of the episode supposed to do. He mentioned something about blowing up the dam. Are we supposed to know exactly what the light and sound was and all the stuff that fell from the sky or is that just a mystery until the Season premiere?

Why did Charlie seem so cool when he arrived at camp. After seeing all that happened and being so nonchalont about it.

Who where the men at the very last part of the episode. When a beeper when off they freaked out and started doing something on the computer. Then they called Desmonds wife and they said they found something. What where they supposed to be finding? I dont understand why they called Desmonds wife and told her.

My take on the two cliffhangers..

Michaels not going to get very far. Either the others where lying to him and its some sort of trap to lead him to his doom or he's going to wind up back at the island just like Desmond.

Jack, Kate, and Sawyer aren't going to be killed. Jack and Kate most likely dont have any plan. The others are probably just going to lead them back to their quarters and do whatever the heck they do to people there to them.

Also what happened to Sawyers gun reign? Does he still possess all the weapons?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Punker69
I have a few questions.

I haven't been watching the show for months but I did watch the season finale on ABC.COM for fun. Anyways,

What was Desmond putting the key into the keyhole and turning it at the end of the episode supposed to do. He mentioned something about blowing up the dam. Are we supposed to know exactly what the light and sound was and all the stuff that fell from the sky or is that just a mystery until the Season premiere?

Why did Charlie seem so cool when he arrived at camp. After seeing all that happened and being so nonchalont about it.

Who where the men at the very last part of the episode. When a beeper when off they freaked out and started doing something on the computer. Then they called Desmonds wife and they said they found something. What where they supposed to be finding? I dont understand why they called Desmonds wife and told her.

Michaels not going to get very far. Either the others where lying to him and its some sort of trap to lead him to his doom or he's going to wind up back at the island just like Desmond.

Jack, Kate, and Sawyer aren't going to be killed. Jack and Kate most likely dont have any plan. The others are probably just going to lead them back to their quarters and do whatever the heck they do to people there to them.

If you're not going to bother watching the episodes, then why bother asking questions about them?

The key Desmond had was explained in this episode...how could you not understand that?

Punker69
What if I decided to start watching LOST again? I have no other way of catching up so I might as well ask questions. Besides, give me answers or dont reply. I dont need to have a conversation with you right now about my intentions.

I know the key was explained when Desmond found his friend by the key hole but I didn't catch the whole explanation. And rather than re-watching the 90 minute episode to try to fully understand these things again I thought I might as well as you all. The questions aren't that hard to answer.

forumcrew
go to the main lost thread, this is for finale discussions, also the website has recaps of all teh episodes, or wait for the dvd or find them online.

Punker69
Why cant you just answer my questions? There not that hard. And 5 out of the 7 questions pertain to the finale.

choosewisely
you think john, ecko and des died?

forumcrew
Why cant you just answer my questions? There not that hard. And 5 out of the 7 questions pertain to the finale.

because a good answer would be very long. Im telling you http://www.abc.com go there click on lost they recap everything for you.

Punker69
The recap didn't even say anything about the end of thw show. I checked that yesterday and it wasn't posted yet so I posted here. Then dont give me a "good" answer, jeez.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by choosewisely
you think john, ecko and des died?

I don't think so....Charlie some how survived, and he couldn't have gotten that far away from the hatch....Maybe Desmond, but not the other two.

SlickRick69
they didn't really do much to even clarify or symbolize a massive fire-and-brimstone type explosion, just the massive system failure EMP overload, which shouldn't really necessarily mean there was a Big Bang at all

probably wrecked all the electronic equipment, and maybe Locke and Ecko might have trouble hearing and/or seeing clearly for awhile, but heck, even Desmond should be safe from EMP underneath the hatch, down in the crawlspace.

I wonder though, would this be 'another incident'?? was The Incident reported in the Orientation films the result of a couple of research subjects using their repsecitve Fail-Safe key in their hatch?

also I wonder if, as the Losties become more and more civilized, as they have moved from the beach to the cave, to the 'luxury of the hatch' and now, maybe will move up into the Others hatch/camp, will each of them begin to change from the way we know them now? like, reverting back to their 'more normal' selves? Like Jack, didnt seem to be much of a Leader type when he was just a doctor, he almost got squashed under the will of his own father, but he finally did 'the right thing' in the end... maybe as things get more civilized and organized around them, Jack will slip further from his role as Leader dude, allowing others to step in and divide up the camp... Locke will surely continue to fight returning to being overlooked, ignored, and reminded what he can't do, unless his faith is completely shattered following the events in and around the Swan

and, WTF are the Others going to do with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer? are those 3 the Good Guys, or the Bad Guys? are the Others truly the Good Guys, as 'Henry' said, or not??

also, what about the sickness, the disease that supposedly struck Danielle's crew, made them sick or crazy or dead? it's been what 90 days since they crashed, didn't Danielle say all was well for a few months before the sickness came? so, it's still coming, right? and Desmond just laughed when he saw Claire with the vaccine, as though the vaccine was just a placebo/test as well...

even though at least there seemed to be some more better 'closure' to this season than to Season 1, I'm still left asking WTF?!!? eek

Shadowfighter
did you guys notice that the portugese guy who called Pen Widmore is the same guy who plays Jack?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Shadowfighter
did you guys notice that the portugese guy who called Pen Widmore is the same guy who plays Jack?

No he isn't....He's either Alex Petrovitch or Len Cordova.

Shadowfighter
look at him closer, he is! It looks exactly like him.

Darth Macabre

It's not.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just watched the Season 2 finale, and it just confirmed my belief that the writers don't really have a clue about what they're doing. Lost has become a series of strange occurances that arouse intrigue, only to be quickly forgotten as soon as the writers realise that to follow the thread would lead them down a dead-end.

Sad, but true.

Dirty Vader

People like you who can't just think for yourselves are annoying. There's been a whole group of you saying that a guy who's in the middle of Antartica (where Jack has never been), at the time of the finale (when Jack was on the island in the others' captivity along with Kate and Sawyer), and who speaks porutguese (a language Jack doesn't speak) is Jack.

Use your friggin head ffs. They don't even look that much alike.

alic88
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just watched the Season 2 finale, and it just confirmed my belief that the writers don't really have a clue about what they're doing. Lost has become a series of strange occurances that arouse intrigue, only to be quickly forgotten as soon as the writers realise that to follow the thread would lead them down a dead-end.

Sad, but true.

and that is precisely why their main writer for season one left the show because he felt the show was going nowhere.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by alic88
and that is precisely why their main writer for season one left the show because he felt the show was going nowhere.

I recently saw Matthew Fox(Jack) in an interview and he said the writers have the story planned out already. They know where is heading and how is going to end.

JustOwnin
You guys should watch LOST while you're high.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Really, man? Woah, like do you see different stuff, man? Like the real meaning of it all, man? Like seriously, man? Woah, woah, woah, like you...you know...get it? Woah, yeah. Should try it. Cool. Man. Cool. Yeaaaah...

choosewisely
like....totally

JustOwnin

Lord Paradise
The writers have a perfect idea of where they're going with LOST. All the little things they do are subtle hints as to the final revelation they have planned.

rickyduck
I have a few questions.

Answer No. 1

Locke thinks hes a slave to the hatch ever since lockdown and when he went to the pearl, were he saw another orientation saying its an experiment on the people.

Answer No.2

Ana Lucia got killed and sawyer nicked the guns- not much point anymore

Answer No. 3

He got brainwashed by the others to let Henry go to get Micheal back, so it was like a set up, and a frame.

Answer No.4

Its a cliffhanger, but it was a station shutdown,. When he said blowing the damn he ment hes been keeping everything safe in the hatch, pressjing the button etc, but he, at one time, has to let everything go, letting the damn blow. The stuff that fell from the sky was the hatch door that said quarantine.

Answer No.5

Charlies an Idiot (not really, just a good excuse)

Answer No.6

No-oone knows, but Penelope wasnt desmonds wife, but in the letter she said she'll always be waiting, but shes gone looking for them. The beeping show'd the russians had found the island.

Answer No.6:

No, he got found out when Kate had to follow him to get medicine for Libby when she got shot

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Echuu
Well, seeing as they are writing the episodes as they go along, I think it's fair to say that that's a load of bullshit.

What about the Matt Fox interview?

rickyduck
Are you saying my summation of the Season 2 finale was so pertinent that the only way I could have attained such an understanding of it is by being under the influence of marijuana?

Thanks. I am great.

Well, seeing as they are writing the episodes as they go along, I think it's fair to say that that's a load of bullshit.

Thats like, so not true they have something planned, or it would just be crap

Jabba the Hutt
Again, what really intruiged me the most, was when Libby said her husband was Dave.

Outcesticide
Are you saying my summation of the Season 2 finale was so pertinent that the only way I could have attained such an understanding of it is by being under the influence of marijuana?

Thanks. I am great.

Well, maybe not marijuana, but LSD, shrooms, acid, methenphedome, Ecstacy (wait, maybe not ecstacy because he would've fallen in love witht the episode regardless of how good/bad it was).

Master Fox
Was Dave Hurley's imaginary friend?

Jabba the Hutt
Originally posted by Master Fox
Was Dave Hurley's imaginary friend?

Yes. That is why it'es so crazy.

Darth Vicious
All I want to know is what the 4 toe statue represents, Who build it and if it is in resemblance of someone or something.

Darth Vicious
4 Toes

Icicle
I thought it was a good finale, but they through in so much information that I got confused. I'm gonna have to wach it again.

cain marko
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
Best episode ever.

What made me think the most, was in Desmond's flashback where he was with Libby. I also noticed Libby in the mental hospital with Hurley.
When Desmond asked Libby what her husband's name was, she replied "David."

david when i heard that for some reason i thought of that guy hurley was seeing. am i mistaken?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.