Iceman vs. The Living Sun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Milkie
http://www.fanlistings.org/iceman/images/wallpapers/iceman_wallpaper_index.jpg

Vs.

http://www.ipcvision.com/page03/sun/sun-03bc.jpg

Darth Martin
Why is iceman so popular lately.
To answer your question, I don't really know, is this full potential, original, or whatever. What are some of iceman's best feats.

Robtard
Well, by the current line of thinking that has Iceman as being omnipotent....

The Sun is made up of hydrogen, hydrogen is 2/3's of water, so Iceman makes an ice tunnel from earth to the sun, channels oxygen into the sun and usese the H2 plus O to turn the sun into a galactic snowball. ICEMAN for the win!

Milkie
http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Sun_Earth-browse.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by Milkie
http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Sun_Earth-browse.jpg

I have one word for you... OMEGA

Milkie
LOL WTF!!

Robtard
LOL WTF!!

My bad, should have been two words.. OMEGA MUTANT

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Robtard

The Sun is made up of hydrogen, hydrogen is 2/3's of water, so Iceman makes an ice tunnel from earth to the sun, channels oxygen into the sun and usese the H2 plus O to turn the sun into a galactic snowball. ICEMAN for the win!

LOL. That made the least sense...well....ever. I think you killed half of NASA's rocket scientists with that one.

Soljer

Hmm...Hydrogen actually only makes up 1/9 the mass of water, good try, though. And most stars are composed of both Hydrogen AND Helium. So far you fail at both life, humor, AND science.

Oh, and "spite thread."

Milkie
Oh here we go again roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Originally posted by Soljer
Hmm...Hydrogen actually only makes up 1/9 the mass of water, good try, though. And most stars are composed of both Hydrogen AND Helium. So far you fail at both life, humor, AND science.

Oh, and "spite thread."

Lets see... Water = H2O = 2 Hydrogen atoms 1 oxygen atom. Two out of the three would equal two thirds or 2/3.

Yes, I know stars are composed of more than just hydrogen, but what does helium have to do with the threoretical (albiet retarded) thought of Iceman turning the sun into a snowball you jackass?

Robtard
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
LOL. That made the least sense...well....ever. I think you killed half of NASA's rocket scientists with that one.

It was a joke, incase you hadn't noticed Iceman doesn't really exist you limp wristed clown.

Soleran
Wow the comedy union folks must be filtering all the unemployed comedians here, boy lucky us. no expression pirate

Milkie
The Sun converts hydrogen to helium in its core. Iceman is doomed.

Robtard
Originally posted by Soleran
Wow the comedy union folks must be filtering all the unemployed comedians here, boy lucky us. no expression pirate

That also was a stupid attempt at comedy...

ExodusCloak
Lets see... Water = H2O = 2 Hydrogen atoms 1 oxygen atom. Two out of the three would equal two thirds or 2/3.

I'm not trying to take sides or anything but the RAM of H =1 and O=16, the RMM of H20 = 18. Therefore the ratio of H:O is 2:16 which equals 1:8. That is why 1/9 of Water is H.

Soleran
That also was a stupid attempt at comedy..=shit

no need to get defensive now, just live with it.

Soljer
Thanks Exodus. Apparently Robtard also fails at reading.

You may notice I said that "Hydrogen actually only makes up 1/9 the mass of water"

One ninth the MASS of water. Again, good try, though.

Robtard
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I'm not trying to take sides or anything but the RAM of H =1 and O=16, the RMM of H20 = 18. Therefore the ratio of H:O is 2:16 which equals 1:8. That is why 1/9 of Water is H.

Correct.. But are you also saying that water doesn't equate to h2o? Two hydrogen molecules to one oxygen molecule?

Robtard
Originally posted by Soleran
That also was a stupid attempt at comedy..=shit

no need to get defensive now, just live with it.

Not being defensive, just pointing out your equal lack of humor.

Brutacus
Iceman

Soljer
No, water is not composed of two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen molecules, you blabbering idiot. Water IS a molecule it is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

However, I specifically said in my first post "MASS," if I were speaking of moles, you may be right. But mass does not equal molecular volume, it equals molecular volume times formula weight.

Soleran
Not being defensive, just pointing out your equal lack of humor.

Thats great, my goal wasn't to be humorous, anyway though its just a spite thread.

ExodusCloak
Correct.. But are you also saying that water doesn't equate to h2o? Two hydrogen molecules to one oxygen molecule?

Kind of..., approx. 16amu H equate to 1 O. So if you have 2 H's and 1 O then the fairest way to compare them is if they are in the same unit.(Scale) H atoms are smaller then O atoms so comparing them through atoms, though logically correct, isn't very scientific. But anyway small things shouldn't matter, right ? We're all civil big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Kind of..., approx. 16amu H equate to 1 O. So if you have 2 H's and 1 O then the fairest way to compare them is if they are in the same unit.(Scale)

Sigh.... I used the most basic form of chemistry to make a joke and I get humorless clowns all riled up... Not talking to you Exodus.

Robtard
No, water is not composed of two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen molecules, you blabbering idiot. Water IS a molecule it is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

However, I specifically said in my first post "MASS," if I were speaking of moles, you may be right. But mass does not equal molecular volume, it equals molecular volume times formula weight.

Moron.... The h2o reference was used so the 'joke' in the orginal post would flow. If you didn't think it was funny, that's fine. We're discussing Iceman here afterall, don't take it so seriously.

Black Adam
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where Hydrogen is built into Helium
At a temperature of millions of degrees

The sun is hot, the sun is not
A place where we could live
But here on Earth there'd be no life
Without the light it gives

We need its light, we need its heat
The sun light that we seek
The sun light comes from our own sun's
Atomic energy

Milkie

Well! Well! Well! Now look at this!

Robtard
Well! Well! Well! Now look at this!

He's very touchy when it comes to Iceman...

Soljer
*rolls eyes again* I couldn't give a shit-less about iceman. I was only pointing out logical errors and inconsistancies in someones spite thread.

ExodusCloak
Speaking of science, can't our sun being a medium sized star turn Helium atoms into Oxygen via fusion? Not sure how it'll help Iceman though as the water molecule can't exist in areas that give off that much energy.(It'll make the particle too unstable)

Robtard
*rolls eyes again* I couldn't give a shit-less about iceman. I was only pointing out logical errors and inconsistancies in someones spite thread.

Logical errors in an illogical scenario... Lol...

Soljer
I don't recall. I believe they can fuse 3 helium atoms into carbon, I don't see why they couldn't turn it to oxygen as well.

Reminds me of one of the questions on my final exam at Uni last semester, one of the questions was something along the lines of "Caclulate the energy propagated when carbon is created from helium." A few days later, the professor returns the exams and remarks about how the mass defect of a helium-carbon fusion is NOT 8 a.m.u. Heh.

ExodusCloak
I don't recall. I believe they can fuse 3 helium atoms into carbon, I don't see why they couldn't turn it to oxygen as well.

Reminds me of one of the questions on my final exam at Uni last semester, one of the questions was something along the lines of "Caclulate the energy propagated when carbon is created from helium." A few days later, the professor returns the exams and remarks about how the mass defect of a helium-carbon fusion is NOT 8 a.m.u. Heh.

Heh...that reminds me I've got Chem finals next week.(High school Chem, Irish matriculation.) The exam is pretty simple though, nothing compared to some of the stuff you would get.
Anyway I should get back to the books, Iceman loses, not sure if he'll die but he's definetely not freezing a star.

Blair Wind
why the spite??? The sun kicks almost everyones ass.

Milkie
Yeah like that one time I got lost in the Desert with my magical floating camera who'd every hour capture a moment of the sun kicking my ass.

http://mapage.noos.fr/franzvondardel/People1/Desert_man.jpg

Milkie
I had finally found shade at one point and while is was searching for food it got me with my eyes closed...

http://mapage.noos.fr/franzvondardel/People1/FD70.jpg

Black Adam
I had finally found shade at one point and while is was searching for food it got me with my eyes closed...

http://mapage.noos.fr/franzvondardel/People1/FD70.jpg

you seem to have changed clothes and your face in between pics?

are you a wizard?

Milkie
Yeah man. Got them skillz from Dr. Strange dawg.

Milkie
UP

Avalonofthewind
I thought this was a vs. Solaris forum.

Either way, Iceman loses.

Milkie
Yes way

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blair Wind
why the spite??? The sun kicks almost everyones ass.

I was wondering the same thing. confused

Milkie
Yeah Me Too!

Board Walker
I found the joke to be funny, comical, yet it seems some may have taken it too serious

Soljer
Originally posted by Board Walker
I found the joke to be funny, comical, yet it seems some may have taken it too serious

*blushes*

I wasn't taking the thread seriously, I just thought his joke rather pathetic, and was in a bad mood at the time. The result was me taking his little 'joke' seriously.

My bad. ....Now what is the command for the forehead slapping emoticon? smile.

Milkie
Well **** you too Steve smile

Soljer
I didn't mean your Joke, Milkie. I was referring to the "Icmean will chnallel teh ozygen n fereeze da son! laalolwll!" joke.

big grin.

Milkie
Hmmm...

Endless Mike
I never understood how Iceman's powers work anyway.

To make something cold, you take heat out of it, and that heat has to go somewhere. So logically, when he freezes something, it should flash - fry anything next to it.

Ultraman Baltan
This isn't even funny. Iceman doesn't even get off of the earth. Even if he does, the sun is way too much for him. It takes guys like Superman, Ultraman, Killeroid(comic), Ultraseven, and Darkseid to do that stuff.

Milkie
This Thread was made when everyone was going Iceman crazy a few months back...

Grinning Goku
I'm sorry but Iceman is quite dead here. I mean the sheer size of the Living Sun is far too much for our cool little Omega Mutant. What can Bobby do but be vaporized or drawn in by its insane gravitational field?

Soljer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I never understood how Iceman's powers work anyway.

To make something cold, you take heat out of it, and that heat has to go somewhere. So logically, when he freezes something, it should flash - fry anything next to it.

He doesn't remove heat. He makes the object colder by slowing the molecules, thus removing kinetic energy.

Endless Mike
That's the definition of heat. But to slow them down, you have to expend energy in the process, and that is heat.

Milkie
Eh?

TricksterPriest
*blushes*

I wasn't taking the thread seriously, I just thought his joke rather pathetic, and was in a bad mood at the time. The result was me taking his little 'joke' seriously.

My bad. ....Now what is the command for the forehead slapping emoticon? smile.

You mean this? doh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.