Blob vs. Strong Guy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal_Rise
Their powers both kinda cancel eachother's out. both at full power (not post-house of M). I'm goin for strong guy.

A.J
strong guy

diabloman
no power on earth can move the blob

Lethal_Rise
but strong guy's been able to brawl with big bawlers like hulk and magneto.

diabloman
colossus tried to pick him up once and didnt move him an inch

Lethal_Rise
collosus isnt as strong as hulk or juggernaut. He makes a huge gravitational field, but can be lifted witht he ground coming up w/ him. Strong guy absorvs kinetic energy AND gives it back, and blob just absorbs it. Strong guy's stronger and technically more durable.

diabloman
ive only seen one person pick up blob and he had a hard time himself. and thats hulk. doubt strong guy can move him

Lethal_Rise
grrr... it doesn't matter if he can b moved or not, durability won't last forever, and eventually blob's own strenght will b used against him.

golem370
Hulk has moved Blob before

Lethal_Rise
he got moved, and a huge pice of earth came up with him.

Metalmanx
Strong Guy.

Brutacus
Strong guy can beat him.

batdude123
Actually, Strong Guy along with Hulk are the only two guys ever who moved Blob against his will.

badabing
Originally posted by diabloman
no power on earth can move the blob
The Hulk has lifted Blob up with the ground attached to him.

willRules
ive only seen one person pick up blob and he had a hard time himself. and thats hulk. doubt strong guy can move him

Cable did it with his telekinesis before............

Marvel Boy
Originally posted by badabing
The Hulk has lifted Blob up with the ground attached to him.

yeah this was in an x-factor comic, i can't remmember what issue but strong guy won

Takion
Wolverine lifted the Blob once too.

batdude123
Originally posted by Takion
Wolverine lifted the Blob once too.

WHAT?! What the f**k? WHERE? WHEN? WHY? HOW? confused

Takion
Originally posted by batdude123
WHAT?! What the f**k? WHERE? WHEN? WHY? HOW? confused
Let me get you a scan that Capt it up provided.

Takion
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strengthandspeedfeat9oj.jpg

batdude123
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strengthandspeedfeat9oj.jpg

That's not acutally physically moving him. He used Blob's own running force against him to smack his face in the wall.

Takion
That's not acutally physically moving him. He used Blob's own running force against him to smack his face in the wall.
Still, if an Elephant was running at me. Can I lift him up and throw him into the wall.

King_Mungi
It's from a What If so that still count? (What If Wolverine killed the Hulk?)

batdude123
Still, if an Elephant was running at me. Can I lift him up and throw him into the wall.

Even capt it up will tell you that the picture is not of him moving Blob once Blob is in place and actually focusing his power to create tremendous gravitational force on him. If he plants himself down with his ability to create gravitational force on him, there would be no way in hell for Wolverine to move him.

Takion
Even capt it up will tell you that the picture is not of him moving Blob once Blob is in place and actually focusing his power to create tremendous gravitational force on him. If he plants himself down with his ability to create gravitational force on him, there would be no way in hell for Wolverine to move him.
I know it was a running Blob. You never answered my above question.

batdude123
I know it was a running Blob. You never answered my above question.

laughing That's completely different. Without him using his ability to effect gravitational forces downward on himself, he only weighs somewhere between 900-1000lbs. Asian elephants (males) usually weigh around 10,000lbs., and african elephants weigh even more than that. So you can see the major difference in the weight. Wolverine has been shown to be able to lift upwards of about a ton. So it's really not that big of a shocker to see that. However, a standing still Blob with him using his gravitaional forces on himself would be too much for Wolverine to move.

Brutacus
weight has not much to do with moving a guy a tai chi teacher of my dad once did the same with a guy who weigh 100 kg and he only weighed 56 kg, but he can't bench 100 kg.
You can move a guy like that very easy doesn't even matter iff he's 3 time's heavier than you because you won't really feel his weight you would only replace it.

batdude123
Originally posted by Brutacus
weight has not much to do with moving a guy a tai chi teacher of my dad once did the same with a guy who weigh 100 kg and he only weighed 56 kg, but he can't bench 100 kg.
You can move a guy like that very easy doesn't even matter iff he's 3 time's heavier than you because you won't really feel his weight you would only replace it.

wink

Powers and abilities:
Though now depowered, the Blob's mutant physiology granted him a number of advantages. He had vast superhuman strength and his resistance to injury was among the greatest of all Marvel characters. Indeed, his greatest asset was his superhuman resilience; his highly elastic blubbery skin had proven to be difficult to penetrate by gunfire, missiles, and even Wolverine's claws; though with sufficient force the claws could lacerate his flesh. Anything short of adamantium could not damage his skin, or even cause him pain. On one occasion however, a concentrated optic blast fired by Cyclops was sufficient to puncture a hole through his shoulder, much to the shock of Dukes himself. He could also alter his personal gravity field to make him virtually immovable, although an incredible force (such as the Juggernaut or Colossus) could uproot him, along with a chunk of whatever he was standing on (the only beings on record to have been able to lift the Blob against his wishes are the Incredible Hulk and Strong Guy). Despite his morbidly obese appearance, his agility was the same as that of a fairly athletic male of normal stature, a fact which frequently caught his opponents by surprise.

The Blob had superhuman strength which had greatly increased over the years, in a manner very similar to that of the Thing; originally the Blob had enhanced strength enabling him to lift about 1 ton, but right up to losing his powers he had become strong enough to lift roughly 70 tons. This improvement was said to be a result of his ongoing mutation.

What few weaknesses the Blob did have mostly circumvented his physical resistance. He was able to be injured by attacks directed at his face, as his eyes, nose, mouth and ears did not have the same blubbery protection as the rest of his body. Dukes was susceptible to psionic attacks and psychic manipulation. The Blob could also be incapacitated by sensory assaults; for example, Banshee was able to render Blob unconscious solely through the use of his sonic scream. He could be incapacitated by drinking alcohol, although due to his immense body mass it would require a great deal.

Lethal_Rise
so if he absorbed one of blob's punches, then punched him in the face, he's out like a light.

Brutacus
well strong guy starts at class 50 right so I think a few punches from a guy in class 50 should be enough but yes iff they fight strong guy would only absorbe the punches and give them back.

diabloman
WHAT?! What the f**k? WHERE? WHEN? WHY? HOW? confused left out who big grin

diabloman
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strengthandspeedfeat9oj.jpg sweet. which book is that

batdude123
left out who big grin

I already knew who the "who" was in the scenario. stick out tongue

diabloman
I already knew who the "who" was in the scenario. stick out tongue oh yah my bad stick out tongue

Lethal_Rise
umm...I'm lost now

snoopdogg
I'd go with Blob.

Silent Master
IIRC, they fought at an airport and Strong Guy ended up beating the Blob after he(SG) stopped a plane from crashing into a building.

snoopdogg
Well Blob wasn't really looking to fight either. And Strong Guy didn't knock Blob out a explosion did cause Blob caught the brunt of the blast or some sh!t.

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well Blob wasn't really looking to fight either. And Strong Guy didn't knock Blob out a explosion did cause Blob caught the brunt of the blast or some sh!t.

Probly Pyro has burned Blob before......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.