House of Onslaught vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

outavodka
Onslaught
CassNova
Prof.X/powers/walking
Magneto
Scarlet Witch
Polaris
Quicksilver
LEGION
Danger
Nocturne
Thomans Sheperd

vs

Superman
MMH
PlasticMan
Ion
ww
Batman
Zatana

Tallis
the house wins very easily

Avalonofthewind
Which Ion? Depending on what version it is, it's either a fight or a curbstomp.

Crease
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Which Ion? Depending on what version it is, it's either a fight or a curbstomp.

yes

Mr. Universe
Wanda: "No..more..JLA"

Darth Martin
What made u hate the JLA so badly?

crucifixio
this is a very un-fair battle. Wanda could take out the whole JLA by herself

Validus
Wanda would get speedblitzed into paste.

Mr. Universe
Magneto shields her.

TheKahn
Originally posted by crucifixio
this is a very un-fair battle. Wanda could take out the whole JLA by herself

Wouldn't work, the characters in the JLA are too popular. no expression

Originally posted by Mr. Universe
Magneto shields her.

He wouldn't have time. As no preptime was stipulated then the House team would not start the fight with defensive shields up. That being the case, Validus is correct that the JLA could speedblitz the other team well before any of them could form a thought.

Mr. Universe
Cassandra Nova and Onslaught stop them from moving.

Mr. Universe
"No More JLA"

batdude123
Wanda: "No..more..JLA"

Zatanna: "ON EROM ESUOH FO THGUALSNO" wink

Mr. Universe
Onslaught would have shutdown her mind. Thought-blitz.

TheKahn
Cassandra Nova and Onslaught stop them from moving.

How exactly? confused

Validus
Onslaught is overrated. If Surfer and/or Dr. Strange were around he would have been curbstomped on Day 1.

batdude123
If this is House of M Wanda, the Onslaught team wins. If this is pre, then I say you've got yourself a fight, but I'd give the slight majority to JLA in that case.

Mr. Universe
I'm guessing this is House of M Wanda, so you are right batdude, Marvel team wins.

Mr. Universe
Originally posted by TheKahn
How exactly? confused

Telekinesis.

TheKahn
Telekinesis.

First, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I do not believe Onslaught or Nova have shown to be able to process thought at the speed of light or even significantly faster than a normal human. Which means that all of the less durable members of the House would be killed or K.O.'ed in a bare fraction of a second. That would leave Onslaught against the entire JLA team including Ion who (depending on which version we are talking about) could possibly beat Onslaught by himself.

Mr. Universe
First, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I do not believe Onslaught or Nova have shown to be able to process thought at the speed of light or even significantly faster than a normal human. Which means that all of the less durable members of the House would be killed or K.O.'ed in a bare fraction of a second. That would leave Onslaught against the entire JLA team including Ion who (depending on which version we are talking about) could possibly beat Onslaught by himself.

Hmm, electrical signals do travel through the brain pretty quickly. And for people like Cassandra who have power on such a grand scale, I wouldn't doubt any of this. After all she transfered conciousness into Charles's body a mere fraction of a second before her neck was snapped. In fact, it was instantaneous. She'd be able to stop them.

batdude123
Can she think this quickly?

TheKahn
Hmm, electrical signals do travel through the brain pretty quickly. And for people like Cassandra who have power on such a grand scale, I wouldn't doubt any of this. After all she transfered conciousness into Charles's body a mere fraction of a second before her neck was snapped. In fact, it was instantaneous. She'd be able to stop them.

Do you have a scan of this that actually shows that her mental processes occur instantaneously or is this just speculation on your part? Now from what I know of her, her powers may manifest themselves the instant she forms the thought to use them (like most characters), but she would still have take the time to "think." Unless characters have proven themselves capable of tracking or respond to other characters/objects traveling at or near the speed of light, then they would have quite a lot of trouble against certain members of the JLA.

Big Sexy
two things I never like about both franchises is
DC- lightspeed seems to come with every McDonalds happy meal for there characters

Marvel- Healing factors come in every Burger king meal

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
two things I never like about both franchises is
DC- lightspeed seem to come with ever McDonalds happy meal for there characters

Marvel- Healing factors come in every Burger king meal

eek! laughing Happy Dance

Mr. Universe
Do you have a scan of this that actually shows that her mental processes occur instantaneously or is this just speculation on your part? Now from what I know of her, her powers may manifest themselves the instant she forms the thought to use them (like most characters), but she would still have take the time to "think." Unless characters have proven themselves capable of tracking or respond to other characters/objects traveling at or near the speed of light, then they would have quite a lot of trouble against certain members of the JLA.

No this isn't speculation on my part. Emma Frost snuck up behind her, and broke her neck, before her neck could even snap...the instant her neck had left its normal degree of rotation...she switched bodies. that isnt instantaneous thought. and like i said you have no idea how fast electrical signals travel through the brain. she'd stop them easily.

stormfront13
okay...to stop this arguement that will never stop and to keeep some peace...how about no speedblitz here okay? anyway, i'd ssay that house of onslaught wins here even if it is pre-HOM wanda.

Mr. Universe
No speedblitz? Well thats the only thing JLA have going for them, so they get curbstomped.

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by batdude123
Zatanna: "ON EROM ESUOH FO THGUALSNO" wink

Did Zatanna just say"damm,I just shit my pants" stick out tongue

TheKahn
No this isn't speculation on my part. Emma Frost snuck up behind her, and broke her neck, before her neck could even snap...the instant her neck had left its normal degree of rotation...she switched bodies. that isnt instantaneous thought. and like i said you have no idea how fast electrical signals travel through the brain. she'd stop them easily.

Yes as a matter of fact I do know how fast electrical signals travel through human nerves (this is actually covered in the forum rules and has come up in several threads). An electrical impulse travels at about 30 meters/second (or 67 mph). I think we can all agree that stopping something going 67 mph is far different than being able to stop something traveling close to or at the speed of light (670,616,629 mph).

branhole
if this was a fan based comic the jla would probably win, but on paper the house wins by a mile.

Mr. Universe
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
Did Zatanna just say"damm,I just shit my pants" stick out tongue

You know what? I think she did.

Mr. Universe
Yes as a matter of fact I do know how fast electrical signals travel through human nerves (this is actually covered in the forum rules and has come up in several threads). An electrical impulse travels at about 30 meters/second (or 67 mph). I think we can all agree that stopping something going 67 mph is far different than being able to stop something traveling close to or at the speed of light (670,616,629 mph).

not really, its actually closer to 90 m/s, but thats still besides the point. shes shown that she needs much, much, much less than a fraction of a second to process a thought. like i said, it was instantaneous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.