movie pheonix vs movie superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superkronick92
personally, I think movie superman takes this(spins the world backwards and cures mutantism before it was ever created) embarrasment

Tank_6603
Haha, I'm gonna use the spins the earth around backwards thing in the next superman vs. thread. Superman spins the earth around and kills juggernaut's mother before he is ever born, etc. etc.

superkronick92
Originally posted by Tank_6603
Haha, I'm gonna use the spins the earth around backwards thing in the next superman vs. thread. Superman spins the earth around and kills juggernaut's mother before he is ever born, etc. etc.

superman kills everyone by preventing god from being born/created/whatever the hell you want to call it.

rougeredmage
personally, I think movie superman takes this(spins the world backwards and cures mutantism before it was ever created)

but isnt superman a mutant. perhaps that temporal paradox would be his undoing as he will be undoing himself... sure he is an alien but he is also a mutant as the earth sun has mutated him llalalal this is comics after all

Mr. Universe
phoenix turns him into nothingness.

Validus
Superman gives her a super kiss making her forget she's even a mutant in the first place......then he kills her.

Xplosive
Phoenix incinerates him extremely easily.

Superherovandal
no he speedblitzes her head off.

Mr. Universe
And gets turned to ashes in the process.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
Superman gives her a super kiss making her forget she's even a mutant in the first place......then he kills her.
I found that part hilarious when I seen it the other day......... laughing

Avalonofthewind

Or he hits her with the infamous plastic "S" shield of doom!

He then forces her to "Kneel before Clark!"

superkronick92
wolverine survived movie pheonix, I think supes could do the same and more Happy Dance

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Or he hits her with the infamous plastic "S" shield of doom!

He then forces her to "Kneel before Clark!"

laughing

That was amazingly funny when he did that to Zod.

Cosmic Cube
laughing

I don't care what any of you say. That movie blew.

juggernaut66666
phoenix turns him into ash

Lord Urizen
Pheonix erases him.

It was obvious that the only way to kill Pheonix is if Jean Grey allows you to.

She was able to stop EVERYTHING in place and erase anything that displeased her.

Validus
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
laughing

I don't care what any of you say. That movie blew.
It's cheesy as hell. Lois Lane's "Can You Read My Mind?" stuff during the flying date springs to mind. I still think the first part of the movie before he debuts as Superman is great though.

Tank_6603
Margot Kidder completely ruined every superman movie, she's hideous and her voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Weren't there hotter women back then who caould have been lois lane? Too bad teri hatcher wasn't old enough for the role, she was a decent lane.

superkronick92
seriously,supes easily kills her or he spins the world backwards and prevents grey from dying in x2 causing the pheonix to never be awakened

Phoenix_Avatar9
hehe, funny

superkronick92
Originally posted by rougeredmage
personally, I think movie superman takes this(spins the world backwards and cures mutantism before it was ever created)

but isnt superman a mutant. perhaps that temporal paradox would be his undoing as he will be undoing himself... sure he is an alien but he is also a mutant as the earth sun has mutated him llalalal this is comics after all

superman isnt a mutant, he's a solar powered alien evil face

superkronick92
would anyone else care to add anything(bump)

((The_Anomaly))
I had thought about this fight while seeing X3 yesterday. I'm not sure if Jean (Phoenix) would be able to hurt Superman other then with telepathic attacks, which Supes is very resistant to anyways. Seeing as only magic, Kryptonite and extreme strength (physical blows) can harm Supes, none of which Jean has, I dont think she'd be hurting Clark all that much. Plus Clark has a huge speed advantage, to put it mildly. Can Jean react before Supes rips her head off? Or punches her once? seeing as she appears to be as vulnerable to physical attacks as a normal human... I doubt it.

I'd give it to Clark, hands down. Although Jean might disintegrate his cape stick out tongue

Xplosive
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I had thought about this fight while seeing X3 yesterday. I'm not sure if Jean (Phoenix) would be able to hurt Superman other then with telepathic attacks, which Supes is very resistant to anyways.

Come on, be serious.
Anyway, only Superman fans in this thread says Superman would win (and even they know Phoenix would murder him), other who think objectivly, say Pheonix would kill, erase, disintegrate, incinerates him very easily.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Xplosive
Come on, be serious.
Anyway, only Superman fans in this thread says Superman would win (and even they know Phoenix would murder him), other who think objectivly, say Pheonix would kill him, erase him, disintegrate, incinerates very easily.

Comic Phoenix, yes. But movie Phoenix? No. I saw her do nothing THAT Amazing in X3, not enough to put down Supes (who is movie Supes and therefore Pre-Crisis, unless were talking about 'Returns' which I assume we arnt as its not out yet).

I'm a Superman fan, but I'm not a 'Fanboy' I know when Supes is outclassed and have no problem admitting it, but this isn't one of those times.

(oh and don't quote sections of what I said, leaving out the reasons of why I said it...its just annoying.)

grey fox
Superman.

Rebuild the great wall of china vision on Jean. Next minute she's crushed under a landmark...

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by grey fox
Superman.

Rebuild the great wall of china vision on Jean. Next minute she's crushed under a landmark...

LOL, gotta love the old Supes movies...

laughing

MattDay
yea didnt make much sense did they lol, na phoenix is powerful yes but wolverine could take the mild blows of her power, but superman can withstand... well look into his respect thread to see what he can take... a lot btw.

plus he's fast, limitless strength and freeze breath and his eyes, he can take that phoenix from the movie, i dont know bugger all about the comic one. but then again the superman (pre-crisis) from the comics did more powerful acts than from the film, so the movie versions always are toned down.

((The_Anomaly))
Comic Phoenix would beat Superman. No prob.

But X3's pitiful Phoenix (by comparison) wouldn't.

Xplosive
Originally posted by MattDay
i dont know bugger all about the comic one.

Aha, so you are not sure who would win even between comic Phoenix and comic Superman, (Pre-Crisis)?

Movie Phoenix could do whatever she wanted, she would turn Superman into ashes.

MattDay
yea but his high resistance and speed must make him easily a contender to take her down, i've seen X3 and she seemed powerful but i think superman is powerful enough himself to take her, as I said tho i dont have a clue about her comic counterpart, but they are usually more powerful, as its the trend when transfering a comic book character to the big screen.

((The_Anomaly))
Aha, so you are not sure who would win even between comic Phoenix and comic Superman, (Pre-Crisis)?

Movie Phoenix could do whatever she wanted, she would turn Superman into ashes.

Doubtful, Superman isnt 'made' of things like she was 'disintrigrating' in the movie. He is wholly invulnerable to outside forces. Current Supes can survive black holes and planet explosions without any repercussions. Movie Supes is PC Supes, who's far stronger then current Supes.

Plus, he's resistant to mental attacks. As well as being fast enough to reverse time (movie version). He could get to Jean and break her neck before she could think about "turning him to ashes" which I doubt she could anyways, even if he stood there and let her.

MattDay
that's what i was thinking, his resistance is very high, and wolverine could take her smaller attacks on him, superman is many many many leagues higher than wolverine in that department... well in every department, so really she'd get her ass whomped pretty bad, well one punch in the face would leave her arse over *** flying off into space. lol

((The_Anomaly))
Saying that Supes is "...many many many leagues higher than wolverine..." is a HUGE understatement, but yes...lol

Xplosive
as I said tho i dont have a clue about her comic counterpart, but they are usually more powerful

Yeah, I see you don't have a clue. Phoenix is the most powerful being ever in Marvel Universe.
Pre-Crisis Superman is literaly less than 0.1 % of her power.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Doubtful, Superman isnt 'made' of things like she was 'disintrigrating' in the movie. He is wholly invulnerable to outside forces. Current Supes can survive black holes and planet explosions without any repercussions. Movie Supes is PC Supes, who's far stronger then current Supes.

Plus, he's resistant to mental attacks. As well as being fast enough to reverse time (movie version). He could get to Jean and break her neck before she could think about "turning him to ashes" which I doubt she could anyways, even if he stood there and let her.

He is resistant, but not immune. And Jean is the highest league of telepathy. She would tear his mind apart. That is one thing for her to do to him among others.
Oh, so Supeman is invulnerable to outside forces. Ok, than such beings as Living Tribunal, full power Galactus, if they would shoot their most poweruf blast, which could destroy universe far more than once, but since Superman is invulernable to outside force, he wouldn't strached.

What was I thinking.

MattDay
sorry what? all i read was im a dorky homo,

case and point, this isn't the comic version, the movie one is the one we're talking about, superman is going to kick her ass anyway, lets put it simply, i dont care what you think because your wrong anyway, more people will say she will lose, superman has resisted heavy mind controllers anyway, like lex luthor says "..Bring it on!" go choke Xplosive turd

MattDay
S

Xplosive

case and point, this isn't the comic version, the movie one is the one we're talking about, superman is going to kick her ass anyway, lets put it simply, i dont care what you think because your wrong anyway, more people will say she will lose, superman has resisted heavy mind controllers anyway, like lex luthor says "..Bring it on!" go choke Xplosive turd

You ****ing idiot, she is the highest telepath there can be (she even defeated Xavier in X3), you ****ing moron who doesn't know shit. He is nothing. Movie Phoenix would put him into nothingness.
Even in the movie was said her powers to be limitless.

You are a dorky homo!

MattDay
no, your a dorky homo, case closed.

Phoenix_Avatar9
wow, that was.... juvenile

Xplosive

It's you who are saying that you are sucking prick to everyone. You are disgusting.

Darth Martin
Pheonix gets speedblitzed.

superkronick92
Come on, be serious.
Anyway, only Superman fans in this thread says Superman would win (and even they know Phoenix would murder him), other who think objectivly, say Pheonix would kill, erase, disintegrate, incinerates him very easily.

speeking of murder............didn't pheonix fail to murder wolverine

Big Sexy
Not sure if she really wanted to.

superkronick92
It's you who are saying that you are sucking prick to everyone. You are disgusting.

stop the hate,(p.s. superman from superman returns could probably take her out)

Tank_6603
Her comic counterpart is overrated, phoenix has a week mind and is vunerable to telepathic attacks. Themovie version was all powerful, it was PIS that xavier couldn't shut her mind down...he does it in the comics almost everytime she goes psycho groupie cocaine crazy. Movei superman spins the world around backwards to x-2 and kills jean.

Wolverine2006
Superman would be superash, and become a product that old women use to rub on their face so they dont look so old.

Phoenix_Avatar9
laughing

Lord Urizen
Her comic counterpart is overrated, phoenix has a week mind and is vunerable to telepathic attacks. Themovie version was all powerful, it was PIS that xavier couldn't shut her mind down...he does it in the comics almost everytime she goes psycho groupie cocaine crazy. Movei superman spins the world around backwards to x-2 and kills jean.

???????????????????????????????????

Are you talking about Dark Pheonix ?

The comic book version of Dark Pheonix was WAY more powerful than the movie version

Either way Pheonix takes this. Movie OR comic book.

Superherovandal
did u see the same movie i did? she may have been an immensely powerful mutant but she still was physically vulnerable. She got taken down by Wolvie's claws. And she didn't show any enhanced thinking speed. IF THERE WAS NO SPEED SHE'D WIN WITH A SLIGHTEST THOUGHT LITERALLY but with it she'd losed. She's very powerful as long as she gets the chance to think and that isn't gonna happen when your opponent can knock your head off with time to spare.

Up In Flames
Phoenix couldnt even kill Wolverine... what makes you think she can take superman?

King KAM
It's you who are saying that you are sucking prick to everyone. You are disgusting. damnit....i thought u were dead....sad

Xplosive
Originally posted by Tank_6603

So who would win, comic Superman at his best Vs. comic Phoenix at her best.

Originally posted by King KAM
damnit....i thought u were dead....sad

Me to for you untill you showed now. How?
Stay dead, rotten, man!!!

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Up In Flames
Phoenix couldnt even kill Wolverine... what makes you think she can take superman?

Wolverine has a regenerative Healing Factor, Superman does not.

Dark Pheonix was most likely being held back by Jean Grey's love for Wolverine.

Jean Grey ALLOWED Wolverine to kill her so that Dark Pheonix would not return.

If you saw the look on her face as Wolverine was approaching her it seemed more like she was toying with him. If she was genuinely failing to disintegrate him, and knew it, she would have most likely moved backward and tried harder.

She had the same look in her face, the same stance, using the same amount of power most likely.

Ne ways I still think Wolverine killing her verged on PIS, but since it was Jean Grey who allowed him to do so, I can't say it as fact.

MattDay
superman, regarless of all the plop that superman hater xplosive comes out with.

Mr. Universe
Superman does have healing.

MattDay
lol yea heals like a kryptonian... however they heal, like humans dont they?

Lord Urizen
What kind of healing DOES Superman have though in the movie ?

Is it ANYTHING like Wolverine's Regenerative Healing ?

jasofisc
movie superman jobbered in every movie and only seldomly ever used his speed in a fight. however he always won no matter how bad he was getting beat. So after pheonix beats the tar out of him for a while supes uses his plastic superman symbol of doom and that's the end of the fight.

Tank_6603
Originally posted by jasofisc
supes uses his plastic superman symbol of doom and that's the end of the fight. laughing brilliant

Tron

You ****ing idiot, she is the highest telepath there can be (she even defeated Xavier in X3), you ****ing moron who doesn't know shit. He is nothing. Movie Phoenix would put him into nothingness.
Even in the movie was said her powers to be limitless.

You are a dorky homo!

I know I really don't need to say anything about this that you two don't already know, right?

Originally posted by jasofisc
So after pheonix beats the tar out of him for a while supes uses his plastic superman symbol of doom and that's the end of the fight.

Don't be so foolish.

It was a celephane S.wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.