Why Does Bruce Willis' Films Always Have An Annoying Black Character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mccolep
I recently watched Die Hard and Last Boy Scout (unestimated film).

I started to remember old Willis' films and in more our less each film ANNOYING BLACK GUY? Is this written into Bruce's contract?

PrincessMary
Some might say that Willis is an annoying white guy...

Stubbs
I only know 2 movies where an annoying black guy plays. Die Hard, and Die Hard 3.

mccolep
5th Element, Unbrakeable, Die Hard 1 (limo driver) 2 (airport security) 3 (Sam J) and Last boy Scout alone spring to mind

Willis can't act but he's action through and through!

Stubbs
The 4th Die Hard movie is coming out. Die Hard. 4.0 :-l

mccolep
IS THAT WITH JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE PLAYING HIS SON

dave_kodak
i hope hes not playing anything other then a dead body

Wolfie
Wow, making this generalization about Bruce Willis movies based on two of them....

Dusty
Originally posted by Wolfie
Wow, making this generalization about Bruce Willis movies based on two of them....

Bloigen
You could say that for any filmstar in the world.

Myth
Maybe Bruce Willis says he always wants a black guy in his movies and you are the one who interprets them as annoying. That would make you the racist big grin.

Afterall, I didn't find Jackson annoying in Unbreakable.

Sludge
I don't know if it's racist to say they're annoying or not (though you'd be testing the odds that they really are), but if Bruce Willis is the star, his "buddy" is going to be somewhat annoying, if that's what you mean.

I agree with 5th element. Chris Tucker hammed it up bigtime... but what guy in DHII? The short black dude? I thought he kicked ass, personally. Sam Jackson was the "buddy" in 3, and yeah, he kind of got on my nerves too.

Lord Shadow Z
I don't know if you can call all of them annoying, I have noticed he has usually had a lot of black co-stars in films, I don't think theres anything wrong with that of course but it is a little strange to see so many films where he has.

Bloigen
Maybe because some black people can act? eek!

Imagine that people!

Dusty
Originally posted by Bloigen

Imagine that people!

yes

Just a few off the top of my head:

Pam Grier
Marlon Wayans (in Requiem for a Dream, anyway)
Sam Jackson
Michael Clark Duncan
Morgan Freeman
Mos Def

Bloigen
Gotta love Sam the Man. smokin'

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Bloigen

Imagine that people!

I'm well aware black people can act thanks. So feel free to stop this "everyones being racist but me" tone to your posts.

Bardock42
I liked the Black Guys in "Last Boy Scout" and "Unbreakable" ....what's wrong with them?

Solo
Originally posted by Dusty
Marlon Wayans (in Requiem for a Dream, anyway)
He accidentally did well in one movie, and you mention him by Mos Def and Samuel L. Jackson?

C-Dic
Originally posted by Solo
He accidentally did well in one movie..

laughing out loud

Incredibly well put.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I'm well aware black people can act thanks. So feel free to stop this "everyones being racist but me" tone to your posts.

That's not my tone, I'm just standing up for Bruce.

Dusty
Originally posted by Solo
He accidentally did well in one movie, and you mention him by Mos Def and Samuel L. Jackson?

I don't understand.

Do you mean Mos and Sam aren't as good? Or the other way around?

forumcrew
he means the other way around for sure. and everymovie has some annoying people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.