Unstopable Vs Unmoveable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

He-guy88
OK FRIST THIS IS NOT A FIGHT ITS WHO MOVES OR WHO IS STOPPED

does juggernaut get stoped or does blob get moved

blob gets to sit somewere(no moveing)juggernaut gets a 20mile
run to run into him wat happens

badabing
Blob gets moved. Juggernauts momentum will take Blob and the ground which he is gravitationally attached.

Cosmic Cube
Blob gets moved.

He-guy88
well then the blob aint the real unmovable force is he hum.........

i figured blob would stay still and juggs would jus keep going in place that way neither was moved or stoped

Mr. Universe
Logically, one of them shouldn't exist.

Big Sexy
Exactly, what happens when one who can't be moved is against one that can move anything

He-guy88
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
Logically, one of them shouldn't exist.

yeah isic asmos said that unmoveable and unstopable cant exist in the same universe

He-guy88
couldent kitty pride be considered unstopable in her intangable state she could move stright at blob keep on going with out moving him or stopping big grin

Black Adam
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4012/11463626494403fi.th.jpg

seriously though whatever the Blob is standing on gets moved/crush/destroyed by juggs momentum thus moving Blob along with it.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by He-guy88
well then the blob aint the real unmovable force is he hum.........

i figured blob would stay still and juggs would jus keep going in place that way neither was moved or stoped Unmovable object*

hulk=strength
juggs isnt unstoppable an blob aint unmovable but juggs easily non pis

King KAM
No force on earth can stop him, only slow his path.

hulk=strength
Originally posted by King KAM
No force on earth can stop him, only slow his path. not true war stopped him an grey hulk moved blob as well as green

Mr. Universe
actually, it's IMMOVABLE.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Unmovable object*

it was humor

He-guy88
Originally posted by hulk=strength
juggs isnt unstoppable an blob aint unmovable but juggs easily non pis

im not saying that u dont know but thats been juggs title for as long as i can remember

King KAM
not true war stopped him an grey hulk moved blob as well as green war hulk wasnt a force on earth....he was celestial tech.

He-guy88
not true war stopped him an grey hulk moved blob as well as green

as i recall it took strong man and hulk to move blob

Brutacus
see threat because wenn juggy's fan's will say that blob can be moved it means that juggy can be killed smile

He-guy88
Originally posted by Brutacus
see threat because wenn juggy's fan's will say that blob can be moved it means that juggy can be killed smile

wat

HisMajestyAC43
i think this is why when you could find them anywhere near each other they were on the same side...

He-guy88
its not that blob is moveing its that the ground around him is thus moving him

diabloman
blob cant hurt juggy but juggy cant move blob. so this fight would take afew decades id say.

hulk=strength
as i recall it took strong man and hulk to move blob nope it took hulk slammin his fist in blobs stomach an tryin to flex his extremely non visible abs an flyin back hulk also broke unus the untouchable dhield in the followin panels ill post some pics as soon as figure out how

hulk=strength
its not that blob is moveing its that the ground around him is thus moving him meanin theres no way hes unmovable unless hes standin on adamtanium wink

Mindship
couldent kitty pride be considered unstopable in her intangable state she could move stright at blob keep on going with out moving him or stopping big grin

DC once proposed that very answer to the problem in an old JLA comic: when Irresistable Force met Immovable Object, they passed right thru each other, preserving both conditions.

King KAM
Originally posted by Mindship
DC once proposed that very answer to the problem in an old JLA comic: when Irresistable Force met Immovable Object, they passed right thru each other, preserving both conditions. thats not gonna look pretty when blob gets split in 2.....but atleast he will have his pride.

Thanos_6383
Juggernaut moves him,knocks him down,and then stomps a mud hole in him and walks him dry.

hulk=strength
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
Juggernaut moves him,knocks him down,and then stomps a mud hole in him and walks him dry. i agree fullheartedly then they sit down an blob considers liposuctiondance

He-guy88
DC once proposed that very answer to the problem in an old JLA comic: when Irresistable Force met Immovable Object, they passed right thru each other, preserving both conditions.

ha im even smarter then i thought i was big grin

He-guy88
nope it took hulk slammin his fist in blobs stomach an tryin to flex his extremely non visible abs an flyin back hulk also broke unus the untouchable dhield in the followin panels ill post some pics as soon as figure out how
um go to somewere like pimpmyspace.com upload image then hit view image and coads then right click on it hit properties then copy the wep site off of props then past it in a reply then at least u'll have a link with ur pic in it

Tron
Juggernaut spatters him.

as i recall it took strong man and hulk to move blob

Hulk did it just fine on his own.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Tron
Juggernaut spatters him.

Hulk did it just fine on his own.

well maybe he did but i dont recall it but i do recall strong man and hulk doing it so i might have missed it

diabloman
Originally posted by Tron
Juggernaut spatters him.

Hulk did it just fine on his own. http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7399/hulkvsblob5ys.png

yes he did

He-guy88
Originally posted by diabloman
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7399/hulkvsblob5ys.png

yes he did

thanks for posting never saw it

hulk=strength
i just realized that hulk is kinda runtish too have as much strngth as he does wink

hulk=strength
u cant use that proof for juggs as they would have 2 differrent approaches an hulk has stopped both of them

He-guy88
im gonna be a littel to respond im on ebay bidding on somethig

Apolloknight
thanks for posting never saw it

ROFL, Hulk didn't move the blob right there!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it.

1. Hulk Punched him

2. Blob doesn't move

3. Blob Flexes his muscle to throw Hulk

4. Hulk is so much stronger then Blob's Muscles however that he is thrown backwards, from the force of HIS OWN MUSCLES.

Hulk did not move the immovable force, It moved Itself.

Think about it.

hulk=strength
Originally posted by Apolloknight
ROFL, Hulk didn't move the blob right there!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it.

1. Hulk Punched him

2. Blob doesn't move

3. Blob Flexes his muscle to throw Hulk

4. Hulk is so much stronger then Blob's Muscles however that he is thrown backwards, from the force of HIS OWN MUSCLES.

Hulk did not move the immovable force, It moved Itself.

Think about it. was it hulks strength that stood there an bested blobs makin blob throw himself back yes ...then hulk moved pointdexter ....CHECK smokin'

Apolloknight
was it hulks strength that stood there an bested blobs makin blob throw himself back yes ...then hulk moved pointdexter ....CHECK smokin'

Is Hulk Stronger than Blob? YES

Did Blob, the immovable force, stop Hulk? YES

Did Hulk, stand their with his fist still in Blobs stomach? YES

Did Blob, then try and flex his muscles in order to throw Hulk? YES

Did Blob, not realize how powerful Hulk truly is? YES

Did the Force from hulks Punch move Blob? NO

Did the Force from a much weaker Blobs abs against the much stronger Hulks arm move the Blob? YES

Just because something is Immovable doesn't mean it cant move itself.

Just because Juggernaut is Unstoppable doesn't mean he can stop his motion.

I apologize for attempting to apply logic to comics.

Darth Martin
Blob gets moved

Metalmanx
Juggernaut would run him down like Blob wasn't even there. Juggy would have a whole new smudge to clean off of his boots.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Blob gets moved

Why?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Juggernaut would run him down like Blob wasn't even there. Juggy would have a whole new smudge to clean off of his boots.

How?

Adam_PoE
The Blob will not be moved, nor will Juggernaut be stopped. Juggernaut's forward momentum will simply be redirected.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The Blob will not be moved, nor will Juggernaut be stopped. Juggernaut's forward momentum will simply be redirected.

eek! Good answer.

Apolloknight

Hmmm, I'll accept that.

Metalmanx

No. Don't get me wrong, Blob is powerful in his own sense. But Juggernaut is just more powerful, also empowered with mystical enchantments. Blob is not going to stop him.

He-guy88
The Blob will not be moved, nor will Juggernaut be stopped. Juggernaut's forward momentum will simply be redirected. sweet answer and sig

Apolloknight
No. Don't get me wrong, Blob is powerful in his own sense. But Juggernaut is just more powerful, also empowered with mystical enchantments. Blob is not going to stop him.

Tell me why?

Adam_PoE

In terms of physics, if an irresistible force collided with an immovable object, one of two things would happen:

The irresistible force would be stopped, and the immovable object would be moved.

The irresistible force would not be stopped, and the immovable object would not be moved; the inertia of the irresistible force would simply be redirected.

Swanky-Tuna
I forgot who but someone suggested Juggernaut would ramp off Blob.

Mindship
IMO, redirection of the Irresistable Force means it has, in some way, been stopped: it is no longer going in its initial direction. Meanwhile, for the Immovable Object, nothing has changed.

Adam_PoE
IMO, redirection of the Irresistable Force means it has, in some way, been stopped: it is no longer going in its initial direction. Meanwhile, for the Immovable Object, nothing has changed.

So long as the inertia of the irresistable force has not been stopped, the irresistable force has not been stopped.

Apolloknight

Redirected and Stopped, are two different things. Just because something is Redirected doesn't mean it lost any of its momentum.

He-guy88
Redirected and Stopped, are two different things. Just because something is Redirected doesn't mean it lost any of its momentum.

well that could be argued because scientifacly if u hit something before u were redricted u would have to stop at some point

Metalmanx
In terms of physics, if an irresistible force collided with an immovable object, one of two things would happen:

The irresistible force would be stopped, and the immovable object would be moved.

The irresistible force would not be stopped, and the immovable object would not be moved; the inertia of the irresistible force would simply be redirected.

Only problem is that Blob is not NEARLY as immovable as Juggernaut si unstoppable. Because of this, Blob gets run over. Juggy is only slowed down slightly.

He-guy88
Only problem is that Blob is not NEARLY as immovable as Juggernaut si unstoppable. Because of this, Blob gets run over. Juggy is only slowed down slightly.

i agree but if blob and juggy were in a big adtimantion place were the ground or nothing around him would break then blob would be less moveable although he could be moved check this out i found a link that backs up my strong guy and hulk story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blob_%28comics%29

Mindship
well that could be argued because scientifacly if u hit something before u were redricted u would have to stop at some point

The idea is, even with inertia intact (and I'm not sure inertia is fair in this thought experiment involving abstracts), the vector has changed. The Irresistable Force has been affected, the integrity of its Absoluteness has been compromised. The Immovable Object, on the other hand, remains in the same Absolute state throughout the encounter.

In a manner of speaking, the Irresistable Force blinked. wink

He-guy88
The idea is, even with inertia intact (and I'm not sure inertia is fair in this thought experiment involving abstracts), the vector has changed. The Irresistable Force has been affected, the integrity of its Absoluteness has been compromised. The Immovable Object, on the other hand, remains in the same Absolute state throughout the encounter.

yes thats wat i was trying to say

Adam_PoE

There are not degrees of immovability and irresistability, "immovable" and "irresistable" are absolutes.

For its integrity to be compromised, its inertia must be stopped.

He-guy88
There are not degrees of immovability and irresistability, "immovable" and "irresistable" are absolutes.

it can not be redirected off of another object unless that object is stoped even for a secoend then put backwards or were ever its

so their has to be a point were it stops redirected

KillAll
Hulk has never stopped juggernaut (very important) ON HIS OWN POWER.

blob stands literally no chance at this. he COULD be in the same spot (hence unmoved) but he will be laying on his back.

i'm voting on blob remaining in the same spot, just, in a different position versus juggernaut being re-routed.

actually thats not true. juggernaut when you talk about him being "unstoppable" is from a physical standpoint. he could easily be haulted by somebody shutting down his mind. then his body couldnt function and is no longer "unstoppable".

same thing with magic. thor stopped him with his godforce. a magical blast. enough magics, or sufficient TP can stop the unstoppable. in this scenario anyway. you could also stop the "unstoppable" by negating its abilities. such as what war hulk did.

NOTHING is absolute in comics. not blobs ability to not be moved. not juggernauts ability to not be stopped. but when talking about the 2 words at hand... juggernauts power is more than blobs. hence, he will get moved or flattened.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by KillAll
Hulk has never stopped juggernaut (very important) ON HIS OWN POWER.

I dont think people realized that in this tread, or they just dont wanna read the text of the comic.

Apolloknight

blob stands literally no chance at this. he COULD be in the same spot (hence unmoved) but he will be laying on his back.

That is also a possibility, after reading over Blobs profile, it says if a sufficient force could uproot blob, the surrounding area would go with him. I think Juggernaut would be a sufficient force.

However, what if the ground he was standing on was adamantium. What then?

Would Juggernaut then be Redirected?

Swanky-Tuna
In this case, they're just nicknames.

Adam_PoE
it can not be redirected off of another object unless that object is stoped even for a secoend then put backwards or were ever its

so their has to be a point were it stops redirected

I have no idea what you are trying to say... but I have a feeling that it is wrong.

actually thats not true. juggernaut when you talk about him being "unstoppable" is from a physical standpoint. he could easily be haulted by somebody shutting down his mind. then his body couldnt function and is no longer "unstoppable".

same thing with magic. thor stopped him with his godforce. a magical blast. enough magics, or sufficient TP can stop the unstoppable. in this scenario anyway. you could also stop the "unstoppable" by negating its abilities. such as what war hulk did.

NOTHING is absolute in comics. not blobs ability to not be moved. not juggernauts ability to not be stopped. but when talking about the 2 words at hand... juggernauts power is more than blobs. hence, he will get moved or flattened.

Whether or not Juggernaut can be stopped psychokenetically, magically, or otherwise is not in question. What is in question is what will happen when an irresistable force, i.e. the Juggernaut collides with an immovable object, i.e. the Blob.

That is also a possibility, after reading over Blobs profile, it says if a sufficient force could uproot blob, the surrounding area would go with him. I think Juggernaut would be a sufficient force.

However, what if the ground he was standing on was adamantium. What then?

Would Juggernaut then be Redirected?

It depends on who approaches infinite inertia more quickly.

nimrod009
Well, simply put, Juggernaut's powers are mystical, Blob's powers are derived from his mutant gene.

As a rule of thumb, magic trumps mutant powers. The Juggernaut should be able to move the Blob, however I expect he'd be greatly slowed down first.

I know it's a poor argument, but magic has consistently been shown to the superior force in the MU.

nimrod009
In fact, a better fight might be Blob vs Ultimate Juggy, i.e. immovable mutant vs unstoppable mutant. Impossible to call that!

Rewmac
HE won't be slowed down...There were many objects which were thought to be "unmovable" and The Juggernaut just walked through them....If he runs towards Blob and charging up the second forcefield he has Blob has no chance.....

outarddwarf
My two of my favorite character concepts colliding. I think the juggernaut would be victorious.

blobs "Immovability" is due to his own weight being multiplied due to a gravity feild he creates.

juggernaut's is due to a magical connection to a god which supplies his exemplar with all the power that he can give in order to keep him alive and well.

The way i see this is that their powers (immovability/unstoppability) would negate each other. They would lose any benefit that aspect of their power granted them when they collided simply because of the paradoxal nature of their existance. They would then during the collision simply rely upon their strength to maintain their possistion/movement and the stronger of the two would win.

that being juggernaut because it is immesurable versus class seventy five

Mindship

IMO, if we are dealing with absolutes, then we are dealing with a Vector and a Scalar of infinite quality. We are dealing with abstracts, and as such their only qualities should be that which defines them: one being Irresistible, the other being Immovable. Inertia is a real-world factor which I do not feel is applicable here; it mars the philosophical purity of this thought experiment.

If inertia is going to be intro'd, then 1) to maintain the integrity of the Absolutes, inertia would have to be infinite for both the Vector and the Scalar; 2) we would have to assume a perfect transfer of energy in the redirection of the Vector (neither #1 nor #2 occur in the real world, as far as we know); and 3) why not intro other real-world characteristics which may affect outcome, such as size, shape and the environment in which this encounter is occurring?

I choose to see this encounter as a clash of abstracts defined exclusively in terms of their absolute qualities. In this way, extraneous (real-world) variables are a nonfactor in discussing what would happen, and the focus remains solely on the absolute qualities of each abstract.

balloon

Wally West
In this situation my money would be on Juggernaut. Though I don't think Juggernaut is absolutely unstoppable to all physical forces and I don't think Blob is absolutely unmoveable, so they would probably both be affected in some way. Although if Juggernaut is actually unstoppable to all physical forces then by definition Blob couldn't be unmoveable because they cant exist together.

Adam_PoE
IMO, if we are dealing with absolutes, then we are dealing with a Vector and a Scalar of infinite quality. We are dealing with abstracts, and as such their only qualities should be that which defines them: one being Irresistible, the other being Immovable. Inertia is a real-world factor which I do not feel is applicable here; it mars the philosophical purity of this thought experiment.

If inertia is going to be intro'd, then 1) to maintain the integrity of the Absolutes, inertia would have to be infinite for both the Vector and the Scalar; 2) we would have to assume a perfect transfer of energy in the redirection of the Vector (neither #1 nor #2 occur in the real world, as far as we know); and 3) why not intro other real-world characteristics which may affect outcome, such as size, shape and the environment in which this encounter is occurring?

I choose to see this encounter as a clash of abstracts defined exclusively in terms of their absolute qualities. In this way, extraneous (real-world) variables are a nonfactor in discussing what would happen, and the focus remains solely on the absolute qualities of each abstract.

balloon

To maintain the integrity of the absolutes, the vector and scalar would need to approach infinite inertia.

It assumes an equivocal transfer of energy.

Indeed, why not? It would certainly make things more interesting.

MR.Grum
lol blob makes a nice pillow for juggernut

MR.Grum
juggs can out live him to forces at a stand still ones gota give blob is the only one affected by real world factors fatieg food sleep ect juggs just keeps chuggin on

Tron
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
In this case, they're just nicknames.

Basically, and moreso for the Blob. Since Blob isn't an Omega level mutant, his power to stay in one spot has a limit. And even if he were standing on adamantium, I'd say Juggernaut's superior strength and mystical ability to continuosly move forward would overroute Blob from whatever he's standing on, if he doesn't get flattened or run through first.

Mindship
1. To maintain the integrity of the absolutes, the vector and scalar would need to approach infinite inertia.

2. It assumes an equivocal transfer of energy.

3. Indeed, why not? It would certainly make things more interesting.

1. Approaching infinite inertia means approaching the absoluteness of Vector and Scalar...and this is acceptable in the real world. But again, I prefer to see this as a clash of abstracts, with absoluteness already there (I mean, suppose the Vector's infinite inertia increases faster than the Scalar's? Starting off as absolutes avoids this).

2. Not sure what you mean by this (equivocal: uncertain? ambiguous? open to more than one interpretation?). My point was that the Vector should lose no energy at all in its redirection for its integrity to remain as absolute as the Scalar's. But then, I still state that the redirection itself has already destroyed the Vector's original condition.

3. Yes, it would...for another discussion. Right now, I want my abstracts as pure as the freshly fallen, proverbial snow.

I'm curious: what don't you like about the solution of Vector and Scalar (as abstracts) passing right through one another? This way, nothing has changed at all for either abstract. Or are you just seeing Vector Redirection as an alternative?

Adam_PoE
1. Approaching infinite inertia means approaching the absoluteness of Vector and Scalar...and this is acceptable in the real world. But again, I prefer to see this as a clash of abstracts, with absoluteness already there (I mean, suppose the Vector's infinite inertia increases faster than the Scalar's? Starting off as absolutes avoids this).

2. Not sure what you mean by this (equivocal: uncertain? ambiguous? open to more than one interpretation?). My point was that the Vector should lose no energy at all in its redirection for its integrity to remain as absolute as the Scalar's. But then, I still state that the redirection itself has already destroyed the Vector's original condition.

3. Yes, it would...for another discussion. Right now, I want my abstracts as pure as the freshly fallen, proverbial snow.

I'm curious: what don't you like about the solution of Vector and Scalar (as abstracts) passing right through one another? This way, nothing has changed at all for either abstract. Or are you just seeing Vector Redirection as an alternative?

An object with infinite inertia or mass would create a singularity and collapse under the weight of its own gravity.

The transfer of energy does not have to be prefect so long as the redirection of the vector costs the scalar an equivocal amount of energy as is lost by the vector in redirection. If both objects are approaching infinite inertia at the same rate, this should not be a problem.

The only way this situation can be resolved is if the irresistible force is stopped and the immovable object is moved, or if the irresistible force is redirected and the immovable object is not moved. In the former instance, both lose their absolute nature, but in the latter, both retain their absolute nature.

Mindship
An object with infinite inertia or mass would create a singularity and collapse under the weight of its own gravity.

The transfer of energy does not have to be prefect so long as the redirection of the vector costs the scalar an equivocal amount of energy as is lost by the vector in redirection. If both objects are approaching infinite inertia at the same rate, this should not be a problem.

The only way this situation can be resolved is if the irresistible force is stopped and the immovable object is moved, or if the irresistible force is redirected and the immovable object is not moved. In the former instance, both lose their absolute nature, but in the latter, both retain their absolute nature.

1. In the real world, yes. But not as abstract absolutes in a thought experiment.

2. Again, real-world stuff, perfectly acceptable in that specified context, as it is probably the best the real world can do translating abstract absolutes into real physics (though personally, I would still say the Vector has been compromised in that its original condition--not magnitude-wise, which the transfer of energy would preserve--but direction-wise, no longer exists).

Regardless, once we translate this thought experiment into the real world, we are no longer dealing with absolutes, just nature's best approximation. But in a thought experiment, we are God, able to deal with the absolute qualities of each abstract unhindered by any other variable (eg, inertia, shape, rate of approach to infinity); and in that context, I find the only true solution is that the Vector and Scalar pass through one another. Nothing has changed for either entity, absolutely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.