Classic Thor Vs. Swamp Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
THE MIGHTY THOR

VS.

SWAMP THING

THOUGHT THIS WOULD MAKE A COOL BATTLE & AN INTERESTING DISCUSSION... rolling on floor laughing

THIS IS THE CLASSIC THOR TAKING ON POST-ALAN MOORE SWAMP THING....

COULD THE SON OF ODIN TAKE DOWN EARTH'S PLANT ELEMENTAL? AND IF SO, HOW???? THE FIGHT TAKES PLACE IN THE FLORIDA EVERGLADES...NO PREP.... BLOOD LUST IS ON!!!!

GOD VS. PLANT ELEMENTAL.....DISCUSS.......................

Mider
meh swamp thing is like a cosmic entity in the DCU he created the tree which the DCU rests on didnt he, like the one in norse mythology, he also has power over the elements, maybe second only to spawn with the greenworld thing im not sure, if his body is destroyed he can just make a new one, he has made duplicates of people with his powers, he can move his body through space and make another one, i think he now has the power over even like animal DNA, i dont remeber if he can create planets of of no where but i think so, he once connected himself to the earth and took over, the sentinals of magic had to get involved but im not sure im pretty rusty oh and he's gone to hell and back.

Mider
bump

Psyquis52
I've just recently started reading Swamp Thing and the impression I get from him is that Thor is kind of in a hopeless situation here.

Psyquis52
Unless it's RKT

Mider
can you tell us what kind of powers swamp thing has?

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Mider
can you tell us what kind of powers swamp thing has?
It's all a little vague still.

He's an earth elemental. That means lots of power in a small space.

Mider
ive heard him

merge to the earth and have controll over it

make planet duplicates out of people he knew in life

he can move through plants and appear anywhere there is plants

he can grow a body from a small plant even the tabacco in john constantines cigerette

when his body was destroyed he became like a wraith but maybe he didnt know he could get his body back unknown

he took over gotham city and beat bats

he went to hell i believe to retrieve someone he loved and he brought them back

i think he can grow and maybe even get duplicates

he has controll over the elements

ive heard that swamp thing not this one but one of them maybe created the tree on which the entire DCU rests on

i also heard he once defeated a near omnipatent, i know that he is the one who talked the great evil beast out of destroying the DCU when even the spectre at his max couldnt and yes he was at his max the presence gave him almost all his power.

Psyquis52
That's all basically true from what I understand so far.

Comicbook_kid
Yes, but Thor's mother is Gaea, the goddess of the earth....do you honestly think she is going to let HER son lose to an earth elemental??? I wonder if she could sap Swamp Thing's powers, or boost Thor's powers to defeat Swamp Thing?!? This makes for an interesting comic. I would love to see what some of the writers for Marvel and DC have to say about this...

roughrider
Thor can't destroy Swamp Thing without destroying all of Earth - and even if that happened, ST could transfer his consciousness across the stars to the nearest plant life. He did that once, moving from bits of moss on asteroids, until he reached a vegetated planet to set up shop on. He's mostly passive with his power; he could kill every single person on Earth by growing tiny plant life in their digestive tract, or overproducing oxygen or carbon monoxide in the air (of course, the plants need animals to produce gases for them.) Even Superman was a little befuddled on how to deal with Swampie in a confrontation, so he decided instead to talk to him. Not of lot of options for Thor, to defeat Swamp Thing by physical force.

D-Block
Thor will have to use his hammer to it's full potentional to have a chance.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by roughrider
Thor can't destroy Swamp Thing without destroying all of Earth - and even if that happened, ST could transfer his consciousness across the stars to the nearest plant life. He did that once, moving from bits of moss on asteroids, until he reached a vegetated planet to set up shop on. He's mostly passive with his power; he could kill every single person on Earth by growing tiny plant life in their digestive tract, or overproducing oxygen or carbon monoxide in the air (of course, the plants need animals to produce gases for them.) Even Superman was a little befuddled on how to deal with Swampie in a confrontation, so he decided instead to talk to him. Not of lot of options for Thor, to defeat Swamp Thing by physical force.

Thanks!! wink Very interesting and insightful comments....

branhole
how did he ever get defeated.

Mider
yeah interesting comment but this is thor vs swampthing not thor and his mom vs swampthing, and swampthing can make an army of clones cant he, and now he's even more powerful isnt he, cant he controll animals to, they where gonna close his comics down then they put a great writer and it really got poeple going, i wonder if the comics afterwords where as good as that special run.

branhole
who defeated him, and dont tell me supes.please.

Mider
swamp thing has defeated batman, i dont think that supes beat him i hope not, i know that swampthing talked the great evil beast out of killing the world i think even when spectre with most of the presence power couldnt hurt the guy.

roughrider
Originally posted by branhole
who defeated him, and dont tell me supes.please.

No, with Supes it was a virtual stalemate. ST kept making more clones of himself faster than Supes could destroy, so they decided to talk out their problem.
Lex Luthor came up with the scheme to make ST abandon Earth, but he would come back. Since he realized his full potential during the Alan Moore years of the 1980's, he's had no significant defeats that I know of. Talking the Great Evil Beast out of invading Earth - after besting The Spectre - was his greatest feat.

Mider
yeah that was in a constantine comic,,,,,,,,,did swampthing ever get power over the red, which is like power over all flesh?

Mider
bump

roughrider
Originally posted by Mider
yeah that was in a constantine comic,,,,,,,,,did swampthing ever get power over the red, which is like power over all flesh?

No, it happened in Swamp Thing's title - it's collected in the "Murder Of Crows" trade.
Don't know anything about him getting control over the Red, along with the Green.

Mider
its in his fourth series supposidly his daughter was gonna get it or offered controll of it, also swampthing has fought a guy who came from heaven and had its powers coolies big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.