The Human Torch vs The Incredible Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
I was thinking about this. Could the Torch Take the Hulk?

diabloman
HT knocks down hulk

Soujaboy
Ht kills Hulk. All he has to do is go Supernova, and it's all over for the Hulk.

Dinalfos
Torch is no match for Hulk.

Dinalfos
http://www.incrediblehulk.com/torchthunderclap.jpg

Accel
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Ht kills Hulk. All he has to do is go Supernova, and it's all over for the Hulk.
Hulk has taken a supernova without any ill effects at all. Torch goes down.

Soujaboy
Did he go Supernova? no he didn't. On these boards characters don't have to job to Hulk.

Going Supernova would be like throwing Hulk into the sun, which he wouldn't survive.

Soujaboy
Johnny can cover his body in fire, fly at supersonic speeds, project fireballs or other fire objects, manipulate existing flame, and absorb heat with some mental strain. He can generate a nova-level burst of flame, one million degrees Fahrenheit, although this usually exhausts his powers for some time. Under normal usage, he is able to maintain his flame form for up to 17 hours.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Human_Torch_%28Johnny_Storm%29

Hulk's not gonna survive 1million degrees

Accel
It's not jobbing. It's a high durability feat on Hulk's part.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1869/nova1a7iu.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3077/nova1b7yp.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8351/nova1c0nr.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3885/nova1d2gi.jpg

Soujaboy
Like I said, Hulk's not surviving 1million degree's, at least not on these boards.

Accel
On these boards, we go by these character's showings and Hulk has shown he can easily survive HT's hottest flames.

Soujaboy
In comics Spiderman has shown he can defeat FireLord, Hulk has defeated Gladiator. Does that mean that they automatically win on these boards? No, is called jobbing, PIS, CIS.

Accel
In comics Spiderman has shown he can defeat FireLord, Hulk has defeated Gladiator. Does that mean that they automatically win on these boards? No, is called jobbing, PIS, CIS.
These are high showings, yes. Does that automatically make EVERYTHING they do PIS? Of course not. What can be considered PIS and what can't be considered PIS is sometimes debatable.

Hulk is very durable, he's shown this multitude of times. There's no reason to believe that he couldn't survive Torch going nova, as he's already taken that and more in the past.

batdude123
Like I said, Hulk's not surviving 1million degree's, at least not on these boards.

The core of the sun can get over 29 million degrees Fahrenheit. wink

Soujaboy
No, it really is PIS. Hulk's body is made out of dense skin, and bone. No skin or bone should be able to survive 1 million degrees.

So are you saying it wasn't PIS when Spiderman defeated firelord?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by batdude123
The core of the sun can get over 29 million degrees Fahrenheit. wink

That may be true, but this is what Marvel says about HT's power.

Powers
Johnny can cover his body in fire, fly at supersonic speeds, project fireballs or other fire objects, manipulate existing flame, and absorb heat with some mental strain. He can generate a nova-level burst of flame, one million degrees Fahrenheit, although this usually exhausts his powers for some time. Under normal usage, he is able to maintain his flame form for up to 17 hours.
Johnny briefly gained the powers of the Invisible Woman, which included the ability to turn himself and others invisible, and generate powerful force fields. Cosmically enhanced by Galactus, these powers were greatly amplified, and he could traverse space as well as analyze and manipulate all forms of matter.

Abilities
An expert mechanic since his teens, Johnny was able to totally overhaul a car's transmission by the age of 15. Johnny also has experience as a professional race car driver.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Human_Torch_%28Johnny_Storm%29

FujiFuu
I go by what happens in comics, not by what is published on a website, the hulk is more then just dense skin and bone, right there is proof that the hulk can handle a super nova, lets not forget all the other punishments he has taken before.

Accel
No, it really is PIS. Hulk's body is made out of dense skin, and bone. No skin or bone should be able to survive 1 million degrees.

So are you saying it wasn't PIS when Spiderman defeated firelord?
So what, being made out organic material means you can't be durable? even when that same skin and bone is gamma irradiated and grants you superhuman strength and durability? Hulk's durability is superhuman, there's no reason to try to compare it to normal skin and bones.

Spider-Man beating Firelord is grounds for PIS, but that's because we have a street-leveler beating a herald of Galactus. Hulk withstanding Torch's nova, however, isn't the same, since Hulk is waayyyy above street-levelers. He has shown to be that durable in the past, unlike Spidey who hasn't done any thing to show he could logically beat a herald.

Wally West
All Torch can do here is delay the inevitable until Hulk smash.

drwerwer
i hink hulks healing factor will let him be able to survive jonnys flames and then hulk just leaps at him and takes him out

Darth Martin
HT

Mindship
Originally posted by Accel

Considering how close Ben is, he did a good job surviving that flame, too. The nova blast was not focused in one direction at Hulk; it kinda spilled out to the sides. For that matter, why didn't the street vaporize?

One million degrees should = everything turned to radiant plasma.

Accel
Originally posted by Mindship
Considering how close Ben is, he did a good job surviving that flame, too. The nova blast was not focused in one direction at Hulk; it kinda spilled out to the sides. For that matter, why didn't the street vaporize?

One million degrees should = everything turned to radiant plasma.
Torch has great control over where he sends the flames and heat of his novas. He once used it on Doom while and managed to focus it completely away from Captain America, who was standing right next to him in a fairly small room.

Grimm22

To be fair that was a SUPER amped up Hulk who had just absorbed a massive amount of gamma radiation. wink

Still though Hulk takes it 8/10

Mindship
Torch has great control over where he sends the flames and heat of his novas. He once used it on Doom while and managed to focus it completely away from Captain America, who was standing right next to him in a fairly small room.

Cool.

Grimm22

You mean in secret wars? confused

He didnt focus it off of Cap, Cap was blocking the flame with his sheild.

And it wasnt Doom it was Ultron amped up by Doom wink

Soujaboy
1 million degrees = everything incinerated

badabing
The Hulk has survived nuclear explosions at point blank a number of times.

Soujaboy
Not at 1 million degrees he hasn't

He-guy88
i say johnny takes it he gets hot enough to incinarate the entire world

Betageuze
it often was luck...that the Fantastic Four survived ..when they faced the Hulk

so .. how in hell... Torch ALONE would stand a chance ?

He-guy88
Originally posted by Betageuze
it often was luck...that the Fantastic Four survived ..when they faced the Hulk

so .. how in hell... Torch ALONE would stand a chance ?

i just said he incinarates the enttire earth

Soujaboy
The core of the sun is around 29,000 degrees Fahrenheit, and almost nothing (including The Hulk) can survive it's heat.

Now how do you think Hulk can survive heats at 1 million degrees? Everything would be destroyed, not just Hulk.

badabing
Not at 1 million degrees he hasn't
This is the heat from an atomic bomb.
At the hypocenter, everything is immediately vaporized by the high temperature (up to 500 million degrees Fahrenheit or 300 million degrees Celsius).

He-guy88
well still im saying that ht takes it he makes a super nova and destroys the hole world

badabing
Originally posted by He-guy88
well still im saying that ht takes it he makes a super nova and destroys the hole world
Johnny is no pushover, he is very powerful. I can respect your opinion.

Accel
Originally posted by Grimm22
You mean in secret wars? confused

He didnt focus it off of Cap, Cap was blocking the flame with his sheild.

And it wasnt Doom it was Ultron amped up by Doom wink
That shield alone wouldn't be enough to protect Cap from the heat and flames if Torch didn't have great control over it.

I guess it was Ultron though. Been a while since I read it.

He-guy88
Originally posted by badabing
Johnny is no pushover, he is very powerful. I can respect your opinion.

thank u

Grimm22
That shield alone wouldn't be enough to protect Cap from the heat and flames if Torch didn't have great control over it.

I guess it was Ultron though. Been a while since I read it.

The thing is that Cap was like 30 ft away from Torch and it was just the heat coming towards cap, so he wasnt really in the same area wink

hulk=strength
i just said he incinarates the enttire earth U JUST DONT LIKE HULK hulk takes this 10/10...........

hulk=strength
...consider the argument hulkk is just dense bones an skin ok so is torch an he can survive an create his flames so that point is useless

Mr.V
Johnny should take him, he can be a beast at time; and knows how to control his powers skillfully. Just look how he handled She-Hulk in contest of champions or something big grin I aint saying he'll win alot of them, but definetly he wont leave without a win big grin

Brutacus
Hulk can take this, I mean he was created by a gamma explosion so he should be able to stand some heat and, the hulk doesn't have normal skin it's gamma radiated skin.
Hulk wins 8/10.

Maybe somehow HT can take a few wins why not.

Jabba the Hutt
HT has the speed and flight advantage, and possibly reflexes.

Skeets
Hulk curbstomps him 10/10

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
HT has the speed and flight advantage, and possibly reflexes.

He lacks the strength to make it count. What is he gonna do, besides playing with fire?

Accel
Originally posted by Grimm22
The thing is that Cap was like 30 ft away from Torch and it was just the heat coming towards cap, so he wasnt really in the same area wink
30 ft. doesn't mean anything when a supernova is going off. Cap may have shielded himself out of reflex, but If Johnny couldn't control the heat away from him, Cap would have melted by simply being near the heat.

MR.Grum
human torch is just a hot meal for the hulk thumb up thumb up thumb up raver no expression

MR.Grum
but if it was a break dance contest hmmmmm

Jabba the Hutt
Originally posted by Dinalfos
He lacks the strength to make it count. What is he gonna do, besides playing with fire?

Charge him while on fire at 800+ mph.

magneto1992
from what i read on marvel, hulk is enogh durable ofr very hot temperatures, so he can survive enogh so he can do his HULK SMASH to the poor human torch Happy Dance

badabing
At the hypo-center, everything is immediately vaporized by the high temperature (up to 500 million degrees Fahrenheit or 300 million degrees Celsius). The Hulk has survived nuclear explosions multiple times. That said, how is Hulk going to catch Johnny? A thunderclap would bring Johnny down but how many times will Hulk bring that to the fight?

He-guy88
well y dont johnny storm just go nova and destroy the earth then lets see hulk servive and if he does then cant johnny out last him in space?

badabing
well y dont johnny storm just go nova and destroy the earth then lets see hulk servive and if he does then cant johnny out last him in space?
The Hulk can breath in space now.

Comicbook_kid
Hulk has a healing factor, Johnny doesn't. Hulk has shown to heal back in a matter of seconds after having his entire outer layer of skin blasted off by Vector of the U-Foes. Johnny may be able to inflict serious damage to Hulk, but Hulk's just going to heal back from it in a few seconds and Hulk is just going to be all the more pissed and stronger. Hulk either thunderclaps him and snuffs out his flame, or just simply takes a big breath and blows out his flames like blowing out birthday candles.
Johnny may be faster, but Hulk is no sloutch in the speed department...Human Torch may be able to seriously hurt Hulk, but that's only if Hulk stands there like a dummy and takes the punishment; which he is not going to do...Hulk is going to be jumping, running, dodging, moving quickly out of the way of Johnny's fireballs, firewalls, etc...
I think the only two ways Johnny can seriously win against the Hulk is if the Hulk just stands there and takes the worst that Johnny can dish out (which would take time for Johnny to do and the Hulk's not going to let that happen); or if Johnny goes supernova; which he most likely will not do because of the damage it does and the toll it takes on himself...Johnny would be exhausted by this, while the Hulk in just a few moments, would be healed back and crushes Johnny like a potato chip...

badabing
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Hulk has a healing factor, Johnny doesn't. Hulk has shown to heal back in a matter of seconds after having his entire outer layer of skin blasted off by Vector of the U-Foes. Johnny may be able to inflict serious damage to Hulk, but Hulk's just going to heal back from it in a few seconds and Hulk is just going to be all the more pissed and stronger. Hulk either thunderclaps him and snuffs out his flame, or just simply takes a big breath and blows out his flames like blowing out birthday candles.
Johnny may be faster, but Hulk is no sloutch in the speed department...Human Torch may be able to seriously hurt Hulk, but that's only if Hulk stands there like a dummy and takes the punishment; which he is not going to do...Hulk is going to be jumping, running, dodging, moving quickly out of the way of Johnny's fireballs, firewalls, etc...
I think the only two ways Johnny can seriously win against the Hulk is if the Hulk just stands there and takes the worst that Johnny can dish out; or if Johnny goes supernova; which he most likely will not do because of the damage it does and the toll it takes on himself...Johnny would be exhausted by this, while the Hulk in just a few moments, would be healed back and crushes Johnny like a potato chip...
Sounds about right. cool

He-guy88
The Hulk can breath in space now.

yeah i wasent thinking not even the point i was gonna make cause not enough oxeygen in space to sastain johnnys fire altho their is one molecoule every 50 miles or so something but that is not enough

badabing
Johnny is no slouch though. I think he could stop Hulk from whatever he was destroying and lure him away. I guess that could be a win.

He-guy88
Johnny is no slouch though. I think he could stop Hulk from whatever he was destroying and lure him away. I guess that could be a win.

depends who u ask i gess

guy222
IH

Jonathanos
Originally posted by diabloman
HT knocks down hulk

That's not the Hulk. It's a robot.

Hulk wins. Torch already gave Hulk everything he had and Hulk didn't miss a beat.

Soljer
The Hulk, and very easily.

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Badabing
At the hypo-center, everything is immediately vaporized by the high temperature (up to 500 million degrees Fahrenheit or 300 million degrees Celsius). The Hulk has survived nuclear explosions multiple times. That said, how is Hulk going to catch Johnny? A thunderclap would bring Johnny down but how many times will Hulk bring that to the fight?

Quite often, actually. He's taken Torch down with a shockwave (whether by clapping or striking the ground) on a few occasions.

ankur29
its in the hulks official bio ........."can withstand up to great heat (even the human torches nova flame)"

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by ankur29
its in the hulks official bio .........can withstand up to great heat (even the human torches nova flame)

He already survived it twice i believe.

lando005
there's nothing torch can do to hulk aside from annoy him

Kutulu
Originally posted by lando005
there's nothing torch can do to hulk aside from annoy him

He can burn off those pesky lice from planet Sakaar.

lando005
or give him a tan

TricksterPriest
Amazing how perceptions change. 1st 2 pages, nearly everyone gives the win to torch. But after WWH, Hulk takes a clean 10/10. That's comics for ya. big grin

lando005
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Amazing how perceptions change. 1st 2 pages, nearly everyone gives the win to torch. But after WWH, Hulk takes a clean 10/10. That's comics for ya. big grin nope I always though hulk would wipe the floor with johnny

Symmetric Chaos
Amazing how perceptions change. 1st 2 pages, nearly everyone gives the win to torch.

No they don't.

Priest
Torch gets one shotted with a thunder clap.

Bransolute
But after WWH, Hulk takes a clean 10/10. That's comics for ya. big grin No it isn't.

This thread was made before WWH was announced... meaning, it's Savage Hulk.

Jonathanos
Why would it be savage Hulk? It should be the current intelligent Hulk, shouldn't it?

Not that it matters since either would defeat Torch handily.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Jonathanos
Why would it be savage Hulk? It should be the current intelligent Hulk, shouldn't it?

Not that it matters since either would defeat Torch handily. Well... this thread was made when Hulk was Savage Hulk.

Meaning it was supposed to be Savage Hulk vs HT.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Bransolute
Well... this thread was made when Hulk was Savage Hulk.

No reason to believe that he would not be able to take it as well.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bransolute
Well... this thread was made when Hulk was Savage Hulk.

This thread was made May 06.

Planet Hulk started Jan 06.

Planet Hulk was holding the tectonic plates of Sakaar together.

I'd say that was pretty close to WWH strength.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Mindset

I'd say that was pretty close to WWH strength. Hey... shut up. stick out tongue

Mindset
Now....tell me how to add an avatar. >_>

lando005
Now....tell me how to add an avatar. >_> I'ld like to know this too i also need to add a sig

Symmetric Chaos

I'd say that was pretty close to WWH strength.

Waddayou? Some kinda comicbook geek or something?

Badabing
Originally posted by Jonathanos
Quite often, actually. He's taken Torch down with a shockwave (whether by clapping or striking the ground) on a few occasions. Nothing like quoting my post from 18 months ago.

I was using the current Hulk at the time which was a depowered Hulk stuck on Sakaar. Hulk had not shown a thunder clap or ground stomp that would knock Torch out of the air while on "Planet Hulk".

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Badabing
Nothing like quoting my post from 18 months ago.

I was using the current Hulk at the time which was a depowered Hulk stuck on Sakaar. Hulk had not shown a thunder clap or ground stomp that would knock Torch out of the air while on "Planet Hulk".

I didn't pay note to the date of the post, but it didn't seem like you were talking about the weakened Hulk.

Bouboumaster
Hulk eat Human Torch for breakfest, it's not even a warm up. The warm up, it's the Thing.

B.A
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Hulk eat Human Torch for breakfest, it's not even a warm up. The warm up, it's the Thing. .....

Anyway Hulk should win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.